BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 88 of 311 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 310 311
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What a joke. Hawks did it again running scared of the competition. Got their schedule changed again to play weaker teams. With all the claimed commits they have why run from teams?

This Inside Lacrosse event is exposing some kids. My son played against Lids kids team. Totally overmatched. Did not score a point. The Maryland 5 star goalie got lit up. Our goalie was much better. Their 2nd half goalie played better than the 5 star and I have no idea who he is. We scored 11 goals on their defense led by Maryland 5 star. Rankings are a joke. Little Lids will still make All Tournament. Probably The former Hopkins coach son too and he isn’t even here

This event was a total money grab and a waste of time. Very little talent on the field IMHO.

You must have only been watching your son if you thought there was very little talent on the field

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like another hot shot 5 star from Loyola going to MD couldn't hack it when unranked guys were lighting him up. Quit on his team and stormed out of the event

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious? I was very impressed with him this weekend even though his team was getting crushed. He never stopped competing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
wow that's two polar opposite recounts of the game. Which is it? Did he quit and storm out or did he never stop competing while getting crushed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you serious? I was very impressed with him this weekend even though his team was getting crushed. He never stopped competing.

I can’t comment on how he played because I didn’t see him by when my son played them I heard parents discussing him quitting because they lost every game. Funny though the first game without him the team won. They jumped on us early. I guess the primadonna couldn’t take the heat. They must have moved a kid to their team because a new pole arrived at halftime. He was very good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like another hot shot 5 star from Loyola going to MD couldn't hack it when unranked guys were lighting him up. Quit on his team and stormed out of the event

Dads who can't handle when their sons don't ever get the spotlight,

Or maybe they had a better game to go to? There were a couple of club games around town last night, which included much better bump than at this event. Why not be on the field with a strong nucleus of 4s and 5s who you pay with and against all summer vs a bunch of practice field all-americans. Quitting on a fake showcase team? That's like leaving a pick up game at lunch break early because your boss calls you....LOL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must have only been watching your son if you thought there was very little talent on the field

Says the dad whose kid plays for Rock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, I haven't heard much about the Rock teams lately. Do they play against the better clubs in the DMV? I know they've had some very good players in the past (Wynne and Mayer come to mind) but frankly hadn't heard much about them in the past 3 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious what team did the star attack middie play for in the hawks fca scrimmage? Both teams claiming him as a committed kid.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Imagine your self-worth being wrapped up in what team your kid plays club lacrosse for....

Imagine being so jealous of a kid's success that you focus on him and report back to BOTC trolls.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine your self-worth being wrapped up in what team your kid plays club lacrosse for....

Says the dad whose kid play for Rock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, I haven't heard much about the Rock teams lately. Do they play against the better clubs in the DMV? I know they've had some very good players in the past (Wynne and Mayer come to mind) but frankly hadn't heard much about them in the past 3 years.

Your silence is deafening. Kind of like your phone line at 12 am on 9/1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly, I haven't heard much about the Rock teams lately. Do they play against the better clubs in the DMV? I know they've had some very good players in the past (Wynne and Mayer come to mind) but frankly hadn't heard much about them in the past 3 year

B team at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is too young to play 2022 Club in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was a great event IMO Yes money was grabbed lol but it was a great experience for the players of 2022,2023 players Thought most of the games were competitive in the 2022 age. Overall very impressive group of players Obviously watched every team once that played my sons team. Players you would expect were impressive attackman JS was incredible like wow also thought ND attckman BB and Uva TS were also very good The goalie play was sensational as was defensive talent thought D headed to Duke and Uva were very impressive Inside lacrosse did a game by game synopsis so it gives a good view of each game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can’t comment on how he played because I didn’t see him by when my son played them I heard parents discussing him quitting because they lost every game. Funny though the first game without him the team won. They jumped on us early. I guess the primadonna couldn’t take the heat. They must have moved a kid to their team because a new pole arrived at halftime. He was very good.

Yes he did leave and our sons team won the first game after he left In our next game kids played great again but lost almost single handedly to Spalina Hope for the kids sake he left for the right reason Overall fun few days with many great players and yes few of boys had a game last night but most stayed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overall a solid event - teaming up by commitment was a great way for players to play alongside future teammates. Lots of talent on the field, as much on display during the drills as during the games. Hero ball got a little out of control in last 1-2 games, as uncommitted kids try to force their ways on to some tape - not the most enjoyable to watch but not unlike any other showcase out there.

As far as trying to tear down some of these kids individually - that is just nauseating, and I suspect a way to declare the "rankings a joke" because someone's kid is not ranked as highly as daddy wants. My son has played for years against and occasionally alongside all three players torn down in this post - all there are top talents. MD bound goalie and D and among top in class at position. The LIDS kid gets so much grief on this board and I can't imaging how small of a person goes that route. Maybe he is not at top 3 at position, but he can put the ball in the net and plays high IQ off ball when sharing the field with the almost otherworldly top 3 guys.

Of course college coaches don't care about the rankings. It would be gross incompetence to rely on them rather than their own work. But to come to a board to snark on 16-17 year old kids to make you feel better about your own kid's ranking or lack thereof says a lot more about the poster than the players referenced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Overall a solid event - teaming up by commitment was a great way for players to play alongside future teammates. Lots of talent on the field, as much on display during the drills as during the games. Hero ball got a little out of control in last 1-2 games, as uncommitted kids try to force their ways on to some tape - not the most enjoyable to watch but not unlike any other showcase out there.

As far as trying to tear down some of these kids individually - that is just nauseating, and I suspect a way to declare the "rankings a joke" because someone's kid is not ranked as highly as daddy wants. My son has played for years against and occasionally alongside all three players torn down in this post - all there are top talents. MD bound goalie and D and among top in class at position. The LIDS kid gets so much grief on this board and I can't imaging how small of a person goes that route. Maybe he is not at top 3 at position, but he can put the ball in the net and plays high IQ off ball when sharing the field with the almost otherworldly top 3 guys.

Of course college coaches don't care about the rankings. It would be gross incompetence to rely on them rather than their own work. But to come to a board to snark on 16-17 year old kids to make you feel better about your own kid's ranking or lack thereof says a lot more about the poster than the players referenced.

Solid, well-written post.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good post. Here's my take on the event. Solid (a strong B grade) but not as much depth as the Juniors Open (which was an A). More Showcase "me ball" vs the Open where everyone was told on day one, you're being evaluated on your ability to be a "we" guy. Also this Showcase pre-commitment vs post for many of the top players. In other words, not every 4 or 5 star is going to push the accelerator to the floor every tournament after he's committed. That's just human nature and reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. A lot of talent but also a lot of hero ball. At some times hard to watch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good post. Here's my take on the event. Solid (a strong B grade) but not as much depth as the Juniors Open (which was an A). More Showcase "me ball" vs the Open where everyone was told on day one, you're being evaluated on your ability to be a "we" guy. Also this Showcase pre-commitment vs post for many of the top players. In other words, not every 4 or 5 star is going to push the accelerator to the floor every tournament after he's committed. That's just human nature and reality.

Thought it was great kids had a blast didn’t just play games they were coached

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do forums like this exist for revenue sports - football, baseball, basketball? If so, do parents of real athletes in those sports act like the parents in this forum? I can’t imagine they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do forums like this exist for revenue sports - football, baseball, basketball? If so, do parents of real athletes in those sports act like the parents in this forum? I can’t imagine they do.

No, stakes are much higher and talent is evaluated at a different level. Parents let the talent talk. Athletes in money sports look like stakes horses instead of the $ 1000 claimers playing lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Solid, well-written post.

Amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re wrong and quite bitter if I must say. Slainte was formed for the 2022 players playing UP on 2021 Black because they will graduate. The rest of the team was filled with players who were invited. Move on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is what I will tell you and it was obvious this weekend The Hawks are much better without the BL player. Ball movement was better no selfish dodging or erratic shooting and team lacrosse was great as was evenly distributed playing time. Just didnt get an Inside Lacrosse writeup for our team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is what I will tell you and it was obvious this weekend The Hawks are much better without the BL player. Ball movement was better no selfish dodging or erratic shooting and team lacrosse was great as was evenly distributed playing time. Just didnt get an Inside Lacrosse writeup for our team

The above has got to be someone trolling the Hawks. No Hawks' coach or parent could be so notIntelligent as to put up such a post - hopefully. In the unlikely event that the post is for real, how 'bout getting off the BL player's back. I'm sure he didn't walk on the Hawks a couple months ago without invitation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% a Hawks parent, and or coach.
Haters. All haters who believe their kid is better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy posters! The kid is super talented (speed, quickness, shot velocity). The bigger the game, the better he plays. On top of it all, he's a really nice kid: all of his teammates at BL and on the club circuit really like him. Does he try to do too much by himself sometimes, sure. That comes with the territory when you have a ton of talent. Regarding the write up comments, the kid can't help he has a famous dad. He doesn't dictate who gets written about. Give him a break. His coaches (high school, college and club) will refine his game further (yes he has room for improvement as does every high school player) and he (assuming he's not super injury prone) will be a star at the collegiate level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crazy posters! The kid is super talented (speed, quickness, shot velocity). The bigger the game, the better he plays. On top of it all, he's a really nice kid: all of his teammates at BL and on the club circuit really like him. Does he try to do too much by himself sometimes, sure. That comes with the territory when you have a ton of talent. Regarding the write up comments, the kid can't help he has a famous dad. He doesn't dictate who gets written about. Give him a break. His coaches (high school, college and club) will refine his game further (yes he has room for improvement as does every high school player) and he (assuming he's not super injury prone) will be a star at the collegiate level.

Definitely agree with most of this unfortunately for him he is very injury prone as he is always hurt the hype he gets is from his dad and is why most feel he is way over hyped . Put blame more on hawks coaches that allow him to be a ball hog as well as him just going on the field whenver he wants instead of waiting for coaches to call midfielders on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely agree with most of this unfortunately for him he is very injury prone as he is always hurt the hype he gets is from his dad and is why most feel he is way over hyped . Put blame more on hawks coaches that allow him to be a ball hog as well as him just going on the field whenver he wants instead of waiting for coaches to call midfielders on

And you can enjoy watching him play at Carolina on TV, while you are watching your son at Randolph Macon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you can enjoy watching him play at Carolina on TV, while you are watching your son at Randolph Macon.
Randolph Macon is going places!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Randolph Macon. Where MIAA benchwarmers thrive!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DIII lacrosse= the second and third starting attackman in the MIAA....SOFT KIDS FROM SOFT FAMILIES

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DIII lacrosse= the second and third starting attackman in the MIAA....SOFT KIDS FROM SOFT FAMILIES
Randolph Macon is a great school...I’d be proud to send my kid there....dense comment....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Randolph Macon is a great school...I’d be proud to send my kid there....dense comment....

Imagine being proud to send your kid to Randolph Macon...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since you all have kids older than my Middle School son, can you recommend any 1on1 or small group training for an attackman? He plays in the Elite division and is looking to make the next step.

Thanks in advance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, that comment made me cringe. For his sake, I hope your kid gets his pick of top D1 programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW, I hope you all are happy with yourselves sitting behind a computer typing these things. You seriously need to get a life. It's not about YOU, it's about your SON and just maybe THEIR happiness is what matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine having your D1 lacrosse kid for the rest of his life working for the kid who went to smart D3 schools.

Like Reply Quote
Page 88 of 311 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 310 311
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard