BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,876
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Girls 2023 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Youth Sporting Events are open in MD.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

M&D Coaches and Families,

We have moved some practices in Howard County this week as recreation and parks open their fields on Monday. The Covid19 regulations that we had been using in Carroll County do apply for facilities in Howard County. The guidelines in each county are nearly identical. The only exception is that all players and coaches must wear a mask to and from the car and the field. You do not have to wear a mask at practice itself. Here are some of the other major things that we need to continue to follow:
1. Approximately 10 players on one half of a field.
2. No contact drills in practice.
3. Social distance as much as possible
4. No parents congregating at practice, parents are supposed to drop off and stay in the parking lot.
5. Temperature must be taken within 2 hours of practice, If a player has 100 degree temperature or above they are not to attend practice.
6. If a player is having any illness symptoms including but no limited to a cough, headache, chills, nausea, upset stomach, lethargy do not come to practice.
7. Sign the health waiver before each practice.

I know there is a lot of different information out there as far as guidelines etc. With all of the mass gatherings and protests, it has also triggered many questions about these policies and their legitimacy. As a club, we do have 330 families, thus a wide variety of opinions. I ask that everyone just please be respectful of everyone in the club and their opinions. If you do not feel comfortable sending your child out to participate, then feel free to keep her home with no penalty. If you are sending your daughter out there, please make sure to follow all of the guidelines.
I am not sure how strict rec and parks will be with the rules considering the public restrictions to prevent the spread of Covid19 are not being followed throughout the country on a nightly basis. The widely publicized protests and mass gatherings do violate every protocol of what our medical professionals have been telling us. It does make it very difficult for us as a club to tell you that you need to follow the rules when we see thousands of people violating the rules every evening. Just because certain people are allowed to violate the rules set out by our politicians, does not mean that we are allowed to do the same. I know it is 100% hypocritical, but the special rules being made for protestors do not apply to youth sports. From a science standpoint I know it makes zero sense, but we need to really just focus on what we can control as a club. We really cannot get into the political debate, or make a political stand. We need to concentrate on getting the kids out on the fields safely. So we do need to follow the rules strictly. The last thing we want to do is break the rules and then lose our permits. Fields are nearly impossible to find right now with many facilities in the Baltimore area still being closed. So my main concerns are that we just follow the rules so we can keep all of our players safe according to the medical recommendations and to keep our the practice permits. Any political stands on the hypocrisy of mass gatherings for protests as opposed to youth sports, please take up with your politicians, not on the lacrosse fields or parking lots. Thanks for everyone's cooperation and understanding in advance.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

This does not reflect well on him. Keep it simple and stick to explaining what the rules are, and that everyone in the club should follow them. He's asking the club's families to keep their wide variety of opinions respectful (maybe even implying keep it to themselves??), yet expressing his own opinions which are irrelevant to the basic information needed by families about practices.

This email is disgraceful especially in light of what is going on across the country. Lax is indicative of the what the protesters are trying to change. I recommend that Chris send out an apology and keep his M&D communications on LAX, or he will loose his best players.

Hardly disgraceful. His email is expresses everyone should respect others opinions and do not moan to him about having to follow the covid guidelines while others do not. Pretty simple , but as always, the America Saviors woke crowd cant even accept or take anything that doesnt pander to your thoughts and opinion.

"Lax is indicative of what the protesters are trying to change" ????? I agree, Lets change ! Chris should immediately move his tournament to East Baltimore without any police presence. All Games after 10:00 pm . Lets make a statement .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From my take he is just saying that even though people are out there protesting without penalty, he has to be extra careful to not break rules so their field permits do not get yanked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Did anyone see the emails sent out by MnD leadership about summer lacrosse and the Black Lives Matter/George Floyd protests?

M&D Coaches and Families,

We have moved some practices in Howard County this week as recreation and parks open their fields on Monday. The Covid19 regulations that we had been using in Carroll County do apply for facilities in Howard County. The guidelines in each county are nearly identical. The only exception is that all players and coaches must wear a mask to and from the car and the field. You do not have to wear a mask at practice itself. Here are some of the other major things that we need to continue to follow:
1. Approximately 10 players on one half of a field.
2. No contact drills in practice.
3. Social distance as much as possible
4. No parents congregating at practice, parents are supposed to drop off and stay in the parking lot.
5. Temperature must be taken within 2 hours of practice, If a player has 100 degree temperature or above they are not to attend practice.
6. If a player is having any illness symptoms including but no limited to a cough, headache, chills, nausea, upset stomach, lethargy do not come to practice.
7. Sign the health waiver before each practice.

I know there is a lot of different information out there as far as guidelines etc. With all of the mass gatherings and protests, it has also triggered many questions about these policies and their legitimacy. As a club, we do have 330 families, thus a wide variety of opinions. I ask that everyone just please be respectful of everyone in the club and their opinions. If you do not feel comfortable sending your child out to participate, then feel free to keep her home with no penalty. If you are sending your daughter out there, please make sure to follow all of the guidelines.
I am not sure how strict rec and parks will be with the rules considering the public restrictions to prevent the spread of Covid19 are not being followed throughout the country on a nightly basis. The widely publicized protests and mass gatherings do violate every protocol of what our medical professionals have been telling us. It does make it very difficult for us as a club to tell you that you need to follow the rules when we see thousands of people violating the rules every evening. Just because certain people are allowed to violate the rules set out by our politicians, does not mean that we are allowed to do the same. I know it is 100% hypocritical, but the special rules being made for protestors do not apply to youth sports. From a science standpoint I know it makes zero sense, but we need to really just focus on what we can control as a club. We really cannot get into the political debate, or make a political stand. We need to concentrate on getting the kids out on the fields safely. So we do need to follow the rules strictly. The last thing we want to do is break the rules and then lose our permits. Fields are nearly impossible to find right now with many facilities in the Baltimore area still being closed. So my main concerns are that we just follow the rules so we can keep all of our players safe according to the medical recommendations and to keep our the practice permits. Any political stands on the hypocrisy of mass gatherings for protests as opposed to youth sports, please take up with your politicians, not on the lacrosse fields or parking lots. Thanks for everyone's cooperation and understanding in advance.

Sincerely,
Chris Robinson

This does not reflect well on him. Keep it simple and stick to explaining what the rules are, and that everyone in the club should follow them. He's asking the club's families to keep their wide variety of opinions respectful (maybe even implying keep it to themselves??), yet expressing his own opinions which are irrelevant to the basic information needed by families about practices.

This email is disgraceful especially in light of what is going on across the country. Lax is indicative of the what the protesters are trying to change. I recommend that Chris send out an apology and keep his M&D communications on LAX, or he will loose his best players.

Hardly disgraceful. His email is expresses everyone should respect others opinions and do not moan to him about having to follow the covid guidelines while others do not. Pretty simple , but as always, the America Saviors woke crowd cant even accept or take anything that doesnt pander to your thoughts and opinion.

"Lax is indicative of what the protesters are trying to change" ????? I agree, Lets change ! Chris should immediately move his tournament to East Baltimore without any police presence. All Games after 10:00 pm . Lets make a statement .

Agree, not disgraceful. This forum is though. Get a grip. Sorry his words were harsh for some. Grow some thicker skin. Or let CR forward all his calls/emails/texts from parents to you, and you deal with them. Bet your email to the club would be the same. And your statement lost all credibility with your last sentence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While we are beating up Robinson Sprts, I caught a glimpse of their 23 black team the last couple of tournaments to see what all the hype is about. They’re stacked with talent for sure, but their coach Peek is a disaster. Over managing from the sides and throwing his hat down non stop, screaming every play and yelling at refs and girls, we even heard him curse out one of his players. It’s clear he doesn’t trust them to play. I forgot I was watching high school Lacrosse for a little bit, felt like tyker. Wow-parents keep kids playing for a total jack Meanylike this for the sport and recruitability? I thought Robinson Sprts places great coaches. Times running out for that team...

Elite and Skywalkers are the dark horses in MD at this age. They play good team ball and are both well coached. Fun to watch...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While we are beating up Robinson Sprts, I caught a glimpse of their 23 black team the last couple of tournaments to see what all the hype is about. They’re stacked with talent for sure, but their coach Peek is a disaster. Over managing from the sides and throwing his hat down non stop, screaming every play and yelling at refs and girls, we even heard him curse out one of his players. It’s clear he doesn’t trust them to play. I forgot I was watching high school Lacrosse for a little bit, felt like tyker. Wow-parents keep kids playing for a total jack Meanylike this for the sport and recruitability? I thought Robinson Sprts places great coaches. Times running out for that team...

Elite and Skywalkers are the dark horses in MD at this age. They play good team ball and are both well coached. Fun to watch...

I’ve seen him in action and he does not maintain the integrity of the game, the end. His team plays “iso” ball! There is no I in “eatme”!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to see lax back and some really competitive games the last few weeks. Too bad the NY teams aren’t able to play and add some great competition regardless of your thoughts about COVID-19. Skywalkers and Elite looked good the last two tournaments, but Monsters and Top Gun lead the way in the NE.

Have heard ‘23 black coach peek yanked his own younger kid from M&D and moved her to Skywalkers. Very telling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]While we are beating up Robinson Sprts, I caught a glimpse of their 23 black team the last couple of tournaments to see what all the hype is about. They’re stacked with talent for sure, but their coach Peek is a disaster. Over managing from the sides and throwing his hat down non stop, screaming every play and yelling at refs and girls, we even heard him curse out one of his players. It’s clear he doesn’t trust them to play. I forgot I was watching high school Lacrosse for a little bit, felt like tyker. Wow-parents keep kids playing for a total jack Meanylike this for the sport and recruitability? I thought Robinson Sprts places great coaches. Times running out for that team...

Seriously.... you’re the jack butt
Why call someone out by name like that. Must be nice being anonymous. Post your last name on here since you’re so keen on using names and publicly stand by your comments. I bet you won’t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]While we are beating up Robinson Sprts, I caught a glimpse of their 23 black team the last couple of tournaments to see what all the hype is about. They’re stacked with talent for sure, but their coach Peek is a disaster. Over managing from the sides and throwing his hat down non stop, screaming every play and yelling at refs and girls, we even heard him curse out one of his players. It’s clear he doesn’t trust them to play. I forgot I was watching high school Lacrosse for a little bit, felt like tyker. Wow-parents keep kids playing for a total jack Meanylike this for the sport and recruitability? I thought Robinson Sprts places great coaches. Times running out for that team...

Seriously.... you’re the jack butt
Why call someone out by name like that. Must be nice being anonymous. Post your last name on here since you’re so keen on using names and publicly stand by your comments. I bet you won’t

Don’t pay this parent any attention. It’s just a Hero’s parent sulking after that wiping they took today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Peek is a disaster and time is running out for his team? Screaming every play and cursing at his own players? You sound bitter. Parents pull their daughters from top clubs to go play for him. Your family must have been cut to make room for the Heros girls, top players from their team coming to play for the coach you bash. I am very sorry for you, but don’t blame the coach, the team, or the club. Good luck to 23 Black

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s girls left hero’s for lesser coaches? They’ve got a few of the best. M&D wins more but lost a handful games recently not one, and for obvious reasons already said, get over it. That’s not new info. Anyone who plays them sees it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After Friday, there's Skywalkers and then there's everyone else....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero’s girls left hero’s for lesser coaches? They’ve got a few of the best. M&D wins more but lost a handful games recently not one, and for obvious reasons already said, get over it. That’s not new info. Anyone who plays them sees it.

MND teams tend to level off come high school. If you look at the performance of the MD black teams from the 24s on up they’re not as dominant as they are in middle school. This is not unique to the 23’s. Skywalkers seems to pick up good players as the years go along and they get equal with M and D in 8thgrade and up. It’s just the nature of the beast

But again I don’t see the need to be calling people out by name on an anonymous lacrosse forum

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After Friday, there's Skywalkers and then there's everyone else....

Beat M&D by 1 point on a own goal kicked in by the goalie. Don’t get ahead of yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does it matter if you mention the name? If you mention the team it already implies the coach..also he’s an adult, his name is on their website...not a big deal...at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does it matter if you mention the name? If you mention the team it already implies the coach..also he’s an adult, his name is on their website...not a big deal...at all

Ok.... well then put your name on your too. Put your name in your comment. You’re an adult - what’s the big deal??

I bet you won’t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You won’t admit it but I bet we agree on three things. 1 with amount of talent on your team you achieve mediocre results. 2nd is that the coach micromanages the offense with some silly plays. Here’s a idea MOTION. 3rd the coach acts like a complete stunad on the side line. Jumping around screaming nonsense while throwing his hat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little birdie told me the M&D Coach will be heading to SW with younger daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little birdie told me the M&D Coach will be heading to SW with younger daughter.

I’m laughing at this. This is 100% incorrect. But hey .... go ahead and make a fool of yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People on this forum make me sick

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People on this forum make me sick

Should of seen him playing in the band during college. Would of really made you sick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is hilarious. You people will say anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW 2023 team goes undefeated this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SkyWalkers on the move. Well coached and disciplined. Should be ranked #1. Lots of unselfish play and constant motion on offense to distract defenses. M&D has plenty of talent, but struggle only running isolation to score. That worked in Middle School, not at this age. Heros lost players and coach rants from sidelines. Girls walking off sidelines in tears is never a sign of steadfast coaching. Offense is one dimensional and ball movement lacks with only few players getting touches.
Legacy is a dark horse to watch. Plenty of talent and have a good defensive scheme that others fail to understand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SkyWalkers on the move. Well coached and disciplined. Should be ranked #1. Lots of unselfish play and constant motion on offense to distract defenses. M&D has plenty of talent, but struggle only running isolation to score. That worked in Middle School, not at this age. Heros lost players and coach rants from sidelines. Girls walking off sidelines in tears is never a sign of steadfast coaching. Offense is one dimensional and ball movement lacks with only few players getting touches.
Legacy is a dark horse to watch. Plenty of talent and have a good defensive scheme that others fail to understand.
God you people are hilarious. In one breath- heroes is the best! How can anyone leave hero’s, they have the best coaching! That breath barely exhaled- offense one dimensional, poor coaching. Good grief.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read the post. That is an objective view of top teams that have been playing. Others post nonsense and call parents out. Look at the teams that have been playing THIS summer. Not previous records or accomplishments from years past or clubs older teams. That is the past.

SkyWalkers have dominated play this summer. Then M&D and Legacy, followed by Heros. Top Guns and Yellow Jackets will be in the conversation at some point, but have not played, so should not be commented about. Stop being a parent. Watch the games and assess the teams.

SkyWalkers are well balanced in all areas. Playing as a team and unselfishly. Heros went from a top contender to losing multiple games. The loss of one or two players should not make a team, if they do, then your team is one dimensional and the coaching has not adjusted. M&D have lost games this summer. The high impact attack players that dominated in isolation plays have been figured out as girls have become older. Legacy operates a good defense which makes them a contender and utilizes ball movement and fast cuts to score.

Watch games, stop being a parent. Be objective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget about Elite lacrosse. Unfortunately they didn't get to play SW's this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget about Elite lacrosse. Unfortunately they didn't get to play SW's this summer.

Lol. Sure they have some good athletes but Elite but it is a no name club. Those parents should do their kids a favor and take them to a club they could actually get recruited from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol. Sure they have some good athletes but Elite but it is a no name club. Those parents should do their kids a favor and take them to a club they could actually get recruited from.

That’s not a nice thing to say. Elite has a great director and solid teams/players. Those uniform colors are also “on fleek.”

I’m a Skywalker parent and don’t appreciate one of our own “throwing shade.” There are a lot of great teams out there and great lacrosse being played. We’re very fortunate that our daughters can compete. Good luck with the next year to all and their recruiting journey.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Glad SkyWalkers rise to the occasion and keep it classy. That’s how parents should be. Not whining about this and that, complaining about calls, or bragging about how older teams did and didn’t do. Evaluate your daughter’s team and live in the moment, not what happened last fall or last year.

Bitter parents won’t realize what outside coaches see; unselfish ball movement and while one girl may stand out, it takes an entire team to win. If you read the initial post, it’s factual, not emotional. Someone was upset about the coaching comment, well, it starts at the top and that is the coach. A coach can have all the talent, but won’t win if they play as individuals.

Competition in the 23s is extremely high. The team to beat is SkyWalkers. The key word in that last sentence, TEAM.

Elite is a well rounded team and are extremely well coached.

The recruiting journey will be challenging for all the girls in every club. Best of luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s not a nice thing to say. Elite has a great director and solid teams/players. Those uniform colors are also “on fleek.”

I’m a Skywalker parent and don’t appreciate one of our own “throwing shade.” There are a lot of great teams out there and great lacrosse being played. We’re very fortunate that our daughters can compete. Good luck with the next year to all and their recruiting journey.

I have seen the 2023 Elite team play some good lacrosse. I don't know about them having any other good teams though. I believe the rest of their teams are C level at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite who? Never heard of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Elite has beat SkyWalkers every time we have played them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You ever heard of “Google”? I specifically saw their 2019’s that were very solid and so are their 23’s. No need to puff out your chest that their team is inferior.

MD United 23 East had a decent outing this weekend as well. Kudos to them. The game to watch this past weekend was Legacy/Jesters. Very competitive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite 2023 is a really good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of 2023 teams are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of 2023 teams are.

Yes, therr are plenty of good 2023 teams, and I’ve seen almost all of them play. I’d say Elite Orange ranks way up there and it would be interesting to see how they would do head to head v. Skywalkers and M&D. Elite may not be a top club, but that particular team is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of 2023 teams are.

Yes, therr are plenty of good 2023 teams, and I’ve seen almost all of them play. I’d say Elite Orange ranks way up there and it would be interesting to see how they would do head to head v. Skywalkers and M&D. Elite may not be a top club, but that particular team is.
Guess we will see next weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite orange didn’t fare as well as I’ve seen them play in the past this past weekend. They were beaten by Pride 23 which is a mediocre team on a good day.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard