BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just my 2 cents as a 2022 parent in recruitment...

The Fall 2020 film for a 2023 recruit will not matter. College coaches won’t care about this film since it’ll be a year old once you enter recruitment. The coaches will go off of summer 2020 Under Armour Underclass attendees, their future camp/clinic attendees once the dead period is lifted and top club rosters to build their initial 2023 lists. And of course watching them play live whenever that will be able to occur again. For the 2022 class they did build these initial lists when they watched them live during the Fall of 2019 but these lists changed significantly by the time Sept came. They don’t ever look back at this old Fall film a year later. And who even knows what the recruit landscape will look like Sept 2021 if the current dead period continues into winter 2021 and if the spring 21 college season is altered. They will grant another year to current College players and even current 21 & 22 commits will be competing for spots and scholarship money. It’s been a very unusual recruiting season for the 22’s and I can’t imagine how it will be like for the 23’s. The biggest determining factor for the 2022 class commits has been the relationship your club recruiting Director or high school coach has with the individual college coaches. And of course where you stand with your club recruiting director or high school coach. Choose your club and high school very carefully.

Don't disagree except for narrowing it down to UA. I think coaches are moving away from the event and moving towards Main Stage and Juniors Open. These events from 2020 had a massive impact for big time recruits in the 2022 class. I think these events in 2021 will be big for 2023.

Comments are not wholly incorrect but I think you are wrong that UA is the primary venue for D1 coaches given how poorly it has been run recently. I also think your wrong about granting another year of eligibility. I believe the NCAA has come to regret this decision and would unwind if they could. It has caused great consternation from coaches as they have bloated rosters. Coaches have a rhythm to recruiting and this has thrown things off. For a few programs it is a boon but it will bite some of them in the _ss because they may not get that stud freshman if he knows he has some uncertainty or has to wait another year to start. Film is a good thing and even if you have to update or give new film in the summer, it is a way of getting onto these college coaches depth chart without having been the stud player where not every college coach is marking his calendar for when your tournament is. One thing for sure is recruiting is changing and the past is not a predictor of the future.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks some fall cancellations or adjustments are slowly being made and COVID is about to wreck havoc on October /November lax. Just received email re the ID experience and bc Maryland just added to travel ban from NY they are trying to find a way to move things. Oye, the fun is about to begin bc folks wont wear masks!

Was that email from the IL ID folks and was it just to NY invitees? We are coming from PA and have not seen that email. I wouldn't be surprised as they had to move the UA games...

Good question. Don't know. We are from NY though so maybe that's the case.

Nothing that I have seen, would think it's too late to make a change now. So what happens, NYers need to decide if this is worth quarantining for 14 days when they get back or get a COVID test to clear themselves?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY ers can stay in Pennsylvania

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 turtles still around ? Thats the oldest team in the program is the director setting them up ?? He has a-lot of juice hahhahah.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Fall 2020 film for a 2023 recruit will not matter. College coaches won’t care about this film since it’ll be a year old once you enter recruitment. The coaches will go off of summer 2020 Under Armour Underclass attendees, their future camp/clinic attendees once the dead period is lifted and top club rosters to build their initial 2023 lists. And of course watching them play live whenever that will be able to occur again. For the 2022 class they did build these initial lists when they watched them live during the Fall of 2019 but these lists changed significantly by the time Sept came. They don’t ever look back at this old Fall film a year later. And who even knows what the recruit landscape will look like Sept 2021 if the current dead period continues into winter 2021 and if the spring 21 college season is altered. They will grant another year to current College players and even current 21 & 22 commits will be competing for spots and scholarship money. It’s been a very unusual recruiting season for the 22’s and I can’t imagine how it will be like for the 23’s. The biggest determining factor for the 2022 class commits has been the relationship your club recruiting Director or high school coach has with the individual college coaches. And of course where you stand with your club recruiting director or high school coach. Choose your club and high school very carefully.

Don't disagree except for narrowing it down to UA. I think coaches are moving away from the event and moving towards Main Stage and Juniors Open. These events from 2020 had a massive impact for big time recruits in the 2022 class. I think these events in 2021 will be big for 2023.

Word is that coaches are really still focusing on 2021's. Then they still need to get to the bulk of the 2022's. Late summer and Fall 2021 will be key for 2023, not much until then. This virus has not been kind to these 3 recruiting classes.

We're going to the Jersey NXT recruiting event. Is it a waste of time?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word is that coaches are really still focusing on 2021's. Then they still need to get to the bulk of the 2022's. Late summer and Fall 2021 will be key for 2023, not much until then. This virus has not been kind to these 3 recruiting classes.

It depends on what is a waste of time to you. No coaches watching. Playing for the film. Like the above post. They are still filling out the 2021 spots and 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on what is a waste of time to you. No coaches watching. Playing for the film. Like the above post. They are still filling out the 2021 spots and 2022.

Total waste of money and time. Most teams are playing each other locally and filming the event for their kids recruiting sites. What club is going to NXT?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total waste of money and time. Most teams are playing each other locally and filming the event for their kids recruiting sites. What club is going to NXT?
Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Turtles still up and running, are they worth looking into? Son plays LSM, didn't play travel last year, but plays on an average high school team. Don't see them listed on tourney machine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perfect set up for the turtle basher. Here we go let the childish bashing begin

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Turtles still up and running, are they worth looking into? Son plays LSM, didn't play travel last year, but plays on an average high school team. Don't see them listed on tourney machine.

How about look on there website and email them . Simple .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What showcase was this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now do you find individual showcases and is there any coming up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw S2S played in Md. Is playing 3 games considered passing through in course if travel? Do they need to quarantine? Nice win vs Crabs btw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw S2S played in Md. Is playing 3 games considered passing through in course if travel? Do they need to quarantine? Nice win vs Crabs btw.
Covid is a witch and can't survive in the rain. So they are good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse tournaments are not considered passing through, but you already knew that.

I wouldn't put too much into a 1 goal victory in fall ball. Lots of teams haven't practiced much and many players are busy with football.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call them for your son. I'm sure they can use him. I don't think they've beaten any A teams from LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even the Governors imposed the quarantine requirements are admitting no one is really following them. It's just so they can say they are "doing something".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NY teams were in MD for less than 24 hours- It was a 1 day tourney.

Even the Governors imposed the quarantine requirements are admitting no one is really following them. It's just so they can say they are "doing something".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call them for your son. I'm sure they can use him. I don't think they've beaten any A teams from LI.

I did, the director said they are in need of a big LSM. Have a private tryout coming up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did, the director said they are in need of a big LSM. Have a private tryout coming up.
Knew this guy would post something.... LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now do you find individual showcases and is there any coming up?

on hold because of covid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, and then S to S got destroyed the last game Dad! B+ team, will never be the Bandits no matter how much money the parents have!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about look on there website and email them . Simple .

Almost as simple as spelling "their" correctly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the LI elite Igloo tournament still on this weekend, heard teams are dropping out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing elite about igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the LI elite Igloo tournament still on this weekend, heard teams are dropping out.

Yes. Igloo is in it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope just igloo - guest players not able to show up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

they just changed there name so it doesn't effect there ranking as #3.
plus the no parents allowed is even better. its a public park, how can they keep people out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

plus the no parents allowed is even better. its a public park, how can they keep people out?

What teams are playing in the 10th grade division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I realize Igloo is not in Connecticut, Connecticut just listed Lacrosse as a High risk sport. Just received email from my sons coach that after this weekend the rest of fall is cancelled for his team. The "you know what" is about to hit the fan. My concern level for a real spring just elevated a bit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I realize Igloo is not in Connecticut, Connecticut just listed Lacrosse as a High risk sport. Just received email from my sons coach that after this weekend the rest of fall is cancelled for his team. The "you know what" is about to hit the fan. My concern level for a real spring just elevated a bit.

Don’t worry. Once biden takes over COVID will be gone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t worry. Once biden takes over COVID will be gone.

Good. A new president and covid gone. great news!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you talking about? Trump already said many times that COVID-19 did NOT exist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo mixed nutz.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where has the Turtles been ? They use to get alot of talk on here . They still exist?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where has the Turtles been ? They use to get alot of talk on here . They still exist?

Who? Distant memory of the team from many years ago. They're trying to ride on the coat tails of yesteryear.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guy just answered his own question

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guy just answered his own question

No i didnt Guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With tourneys being cancelled and travel getting harder can someone explain to me why we cant have (and never have had) a local tourney with Express LI (#18), 91 (#1), PT (#9), 2Way (#20), Eclipse (#16), Preds, Igloo (#3), Shore2Shore (#7), possibly even BBL (#21), Leading Edge or a cpl of other teams from NJ or even Upstate Sweetlax, Orange Crush. Call it the Tristate championships or something. I imagine its only bc PT or Express don't want to lose and then the other team has "bragging" rights. BTW, before someone says I am missing a great team or have rankings screwed up. I went by US Club Lax rankings.

Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard