BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 72 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the LE 2026 post is referring to a post from a week or two ago about the amount of kids who were cut heading into this season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this 24 hour travel stuff accurate? If we do not spend the night does this count? We are only going to "visiting" a park for 6 or so hours so its like stopping by a location in the hot zone and stayed there a few hours but the school survey each day says "traveled to". Traveled to is an ambiguous statement so I am not sure what is going to be considered the right answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is this 24 hour travel stuff accurate? If we do not spend the night does this count? We are only going to "visiting" a park for 6 or so hours so its like stopping by a location in the hot zone and stayed there a few hours but the school survey each day says "traveled to". Traveled to is an ambiguous statement so I am not sure what is going to be considered the right answer.

I have not heard of the 24 hour rule, seems a bit counter-intuitive. I would be curious to know which NJ clubs are actually considering travel to a quarantine state. If no NY, NJ or CT teams are going to show up, it seems like the tournaments would simply shift locations like they did this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is correct have to be in the state for longer than 24 hours

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is correct have to be in the state for longer than 24 hours
I think you are interpreting it incorrectly.

The rule says:
Who passed through a designated state for a period of limited duration (i.e. less than 24 hours) through the course of travel.

Attending a lacrosse tournament is not "course of travel." The idea there is that if you are driving through the state to get somewhere else and stop for the night (for rest) then you are not subject to quarantine.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or we could question that the survival rate is 99.9% of people under 70. The science and data says that it is illogical not to go about regular life for this virus just based on science.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or we could question that the survival rate is 99.9% of people under 70. The science and data says that it is illogical not to go about regular life for this virus just based on science.

No need to go down this road on a lacrosse forum, parents are just trying to understand the rules in order to make an informed decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wear a mask everywhere. Driving, outside, shower, basement, everywhere. Do not leave the house!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i recall Governor Cuomo , going to a convention in Delaware and was caught not wearing his mask and in a crowd full of people. His quote was " You have to be in the State longer than 24 hours to Quarantine ". that is what what i am going by . Plus shutting the country down for 99.9 pct survival rate does not make much sense. Now lets get back to Lax

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i recall Governor Cuomo , going to a convention in Delaware and was caught not wearing his mask and in a crowd full of people. His quote was " You have to be in the State longer than 24 hours to Quarantine ". that is what what i am going by . Plus shutting the country down for 99.9 pct survival rate does not make much sense. Now lets get back to Lax

Well, since this is the NJ forum, we should probably go by Governor Murphy, but why worry about the details...but again, enough already with the politics

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cuomo was taking a few liberties with that statement.

Right from the NY State Guidance:
The requirements of the travel advisory do not apply to any individual passing through designated states for a limited duration (i.e., less than 24 hours) through the course of travel. Examples of such brief passage include but are not limited to: stopping at rest stops for vehicles, buses, and/or trains; or lay-overs for air travel, bus travel, or train travel

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AGREED!!! But Governor Murphy and Cuomo are one Brain !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, since this is the NJ forum, we should probably go by Governor Murphy, but why worry about the details...but again, enough already with the politics

Agreed. Forget politics. Let's get our clubs to host more tournaments in NJ. Ideal location for NY,CT,PA teams. What's not to like.
Tourney in Marlton this past weekend was perfect for us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cuomo was taking a few liberties with that statement.

Right from the NY State Guidance:
The requirements of the travel advisory do not apply to any individual passing through designated states for a limited duration (i.e., less than 24 hours) through the course of travel. Examples of such brief passage include but are not limited to: stopping at rest stops for vehicles, buses, and/or trains; or lay-overs for air travel, bus travel, or train travel

This is pretty similar to most of the northeast states. But the posts seem to be going back an forth between two distinct issues. The 24 hour rule, which is similar in most northeast states, relates to a person traveling through that state and whether quarantine/testing is necessary while in that state (i.e. would a NY, NJ or CT kid have to quarantine while in MD for a tournament). The other issue is whether quarantine is necessary for a NY, NJ, or CT kid when they return home, despite only being in MD for less than 24 hours. In the first instance, it is not practical, and nearly impossible, for MD to enforce an in-state quarantine/testing requirement (if they even have such a requirement) for a 1 day lacrosse tournament. In the second instance, that NY, NJ, or CT kid and their family are probably subject to the quarantine requirements in their home state because the time spent in MD was not simply passing through during travel. While I am not sure if it is legal in any of the home states, the easiest course of action would be to simply keep your kid home for a few days afterwards and get tested.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Forget politics. Let's get our clubs to host more tournaments in NJ. Ideal location for NY,CT,PA teams. What's not to like.
Tourney in Marlton this past weekend was perfect for us.

Agreed. Sometimes a lot has to do with field space. For example, a tournament this summer that was suppose to use a combination of fields at Capelli in Tinton Falls (which are privately owned) and local Colts Neck town fields was reduced in size because the township pulled the fields, Colts Neck residents objected to out-of-state people coming to their town. While things are improving, NJ lacks the types of facilities for the larger tournaments. A place like the new fileds in Hillsborough cannot compete with a facility like the DE turf complex in Delaware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good points in this post, please lets keep politics, even if they are just jokes, out of this forum and NJ does need to start hosting more tournaments here for the Northeast. We have plenty of teams that would play and ample facilities that have turf. Directors lets get this cooking!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The tourney in Marltom NJ had the most competitive teams this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it was hosted by Express! NJ Clubs should also consider hosting in their own backyard. What's the issue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were some pretty good teams from the tri states and northern region at the 2024 level I have to agree. Glad to hear Express hosted it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And it was hosted by Express! NJ Clubs should also consider hosting in their own backyard. What's the issue?

Maybe next year it could be on something more hospitable like a cement field with loose rocks or even a paved parking lot vs a field with 2 foot potholes every step and 9 inch grass.The field broke more ankles than the long island kids did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe next year it could be on something more hospitable like a cement field with loose rocks or even a paved parking lot vs a field with 2 foot potholes every step and 9 inch grass.The field broke more ankles than the long island kids did.

Definitely no DE Turf. But this is Jersey. We tough. We don't need no stinkin' turf. Rub dirt over broken angles and get back in and just play and stop being a snowflake. smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were some pretty good teams from the tri states and northern region at the 2024 level I have to agree. Glad to hear Express hosted it.
Interesting that BBL was included but not LE. Are they trying to get into the NLF?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that BBL was included but not LE. Are they trying to get into the NLF?

I don't think BBL really cares about getting in NLF. They just want to play the top teams even if it's just play days. We are jonesing to play more.. this was our first outing and hope its not the last for the fall bec of covid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tells me that LE is missing a handful of kids from all of the older teams due to injuries and other sports, I’m guessing for football? I know LE has a pretty full schedule all thru November so they probably just chose to pass on this one. BBL is trying to play better teams now so they get a little credit here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son tells me that LE is missing a handful of kids from all of the older teams due to injuries and other sports, I’m guessing for football? I know LE has a pretty full schedule all thru November so they probably just chose to pass on this one. BBL is trying to play better teams now so they get a little credit here.

Not a BBL parent, but they definitely do not shy away from the top teams. Not sure that the NLF would do anything for their program, it certainly has not helped LE in any way. It is just as easy to enter the top east coast tournaments, most of the NLF teams are there anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a BBL parent, but they definitely do not shy away from the top teams. Not sure that the NLF would do anything for their program, it certainly has not helped LE in any way. It is just as easy to enter the top east coast tournaments, most of the NLF teams are there anyway.

The directors/coaches from top LI/NY clubs know who the top teams are in NJ and make calls to invite. Like BBL, they also seek to play top competitive teams all the time (Lax games are precious in Covid times). With NLF not inviting BBL, that's more about $business$ and we understand. We from BBL will play any top teams t-shirt or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say “we” are jonesing to play more do you meet BBL or express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl doesn’t need the NLF. My son doesn’t play there btw, so giving an outside opinion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bbl doesn’t need the NLF. My son doesn’t play there btw, so giving an outside opinion.
And before that parent here argues about having the best D1 recruitment by being in their club and NLF. detest to burst your bubble but many BBL kids go to high schools like Delbarton, SHP, CBA, Pringry, Mt Lakes, Chatham, Ridgewood. They are not exactly hurting for college recommendation from these programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And before that parent here argues about having the best D1 recruitment by being in their club and NLF. detest to burst your bubble but many BBL kids go to high schools like Delbarton, SHP, CBA, Pringry, Mt Lakes, Chatham, Ridgewood. They are not exactly hurting for college recommendation from these programs.

Well done...you knew that it was coming eventually

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue Star and TriState let their players guest play for the Hawks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the case of the Tri-State kid, he is the best player on their team, so they give him a lot of leeway. They also both play for True Atlantic, that being the connection with Hawks. My understanding is that guest playing is not permitted by Bluestar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the case of the Tri-State kid, he is the best player on their team, so they give him a lot of leeway. They also both play for True Atlantic, that being the connection with Hawks. My understanding is that guest playing is not permitted by Bluestar.
There are some strong players coming out of the shore. Hopefully, some of the better high school programs start putting some of the Shore Conference teams on their schedules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks in MD?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are some strong players coming out of the shore. Hopefully, some of the better high school programs start putting some of the Shore Conference teams on their schedules.

Agreed, but it may be hard this year if year if high school lacrosse is restricted to conference play...that being said, and I am not a parent at either school, but RFH typically schedules some of the top public schools in NJ and CBA will schedule some strong out-of-state games with other private catholic schools including Chaminade. The Shore conference is in itself is pretty strong, so even in-conference play is competitive. RFH, CBA and Manasquan have always led the pack, and now you have schools like Wall building very good programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks in MD?

yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2026 team guys are guest playing, or are you referring to older?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2026 team guys are guest playing, or are you referring to older?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh sorry wrong thread!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It looks like Murphy just cancelled all youth indoor sports...the article is lacking some details on NJ.com. It appears outdoor sports are still on.

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 72 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard