BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 58 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the talent they have M&D -they should never lose. Ballhoggery may be issue -seems like too many superstars.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With the talent they have M&D -they should never lose. Ballhoggery may be issue -seems like too many superstars.
Hard to win games when you don’t win many draws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D most have done something with the officials. The NGLL games were atrociously called, not shocking that HOCO league has been one sided.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree or disagree with these thoughts from the fall tourneys so far?

- CR continues to stockpile talent on 2025 MnD blk. They will continue to dominate during the fall and will start to come back to the typical A level club pack (skywalkers, MD united, Steps Blue, etc) during summer of 2021 heading into HS like the rest of the MnD Blk teams have historically done. (Yellow Jackets and Heros already beat them consistently) IMO this is based on when you cannot rely on older girls who play down a year (for early academic development of course) to even out with the appropriately aged 2025 girls who are now maturing, coaching starts to really matter, and honestly when MnD Blk 2nd tier girls leave and go to the other A level clubs b/c of a lack of playing time.
- All of the hubbub on this forum about Pride Red being a top 3 team last year falls to the side as they come back to the typical mid-tier pack. This happens at this age when the A level clubs start to pull more athletes from these programs and coaching starts to matter.
- MD united east looks more athletic, but doesn't have the polish to compete with MnD Blk.
- MnD Red continues to stomp lesser teams when CR doesn't put them in the A division, unless there is no choice to play in same MnD Blk division.
- All other mid-tier and lower tiers remain the same. Yawn...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1.Fall tourneys have just started hard to say what is going to happen?
2. Pride red. What is mid tier? I think they are a top 15 club? Maybe they have not played much in the fall?
3. MD united east? Rumor has it they picked off LBC good players? May need time to gel?Not many games.
4. MnD Red is fast, but small with a good goalie. You could do worse. Might be pretty good by end of year.
5. Skywalkers has a lot of new players? Need to blend them into the team? Not sure.
6. I think MnD black and Heros green are tops in mid Atlantic right now.
7. In the DMV- Skywalkers, Pride, Nems, MD united, then Stars, Hoco, in some order maybe. then MnDred and white Heros Coppermine, Cardinal, Redshirts? TBD Lot of movement early season lets see what happens on the field.
What teams do you think are underrated at 2025? I will pitch NJ AIM have seen them a few times and they look like they can play. Usually in a lower bracket. Would like to see them play tougher teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know about M&D being dominant. They lost a couple of good players to Skywalkers and Heros gave them a real beat down yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know about M&D being dominant. They lost a couple of good players to Skywalkers and Heros gave them a real beat down yesterday.

Since my oldest in almost done with club lax I can tell you that no one cares about M&D dominance - no college coaches - no other clubs - no parents from other clubs. The teams begin to even out by high school. Teams that M&D used to stomp - begin to either beat M&D or give them close competitive games. The only people who care about M&D supposed dominance are M&D parents. And they catch on quickly once their daughters get to HS and see girls from other "less dominant" clubs being recruited at the same rate as the girls on M&D teams. Since t his forum is about 25's I'd look at the M&D 25 track record against area clubs. They've lost to Lady Blue Crab, Skywalkers, Hero's, and haven't won the NGLL tournament yet. There's no dominance. It is a strong team in an area with other strong teams. And good for those girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is all things compared against MND.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since my oldest in almost done with club lax I can tell you that no one cares about M&D dominance - no college coaches - no other clubs - no parents from other clubs. The teams begin to even out by high school. Teams that M&D used to stomp - begin to either beat M&D or give them close competitive games. The only people who care about M&D supposed dominance are M&D parents. And they catch on quickly once their daughters get to HS and see girls from other "less dominant" clubs being recruited at the same rate as the girls on M&D teams. Since this forum is about 25's I'd look at the M&D 25 track record against area clubs. They've lost to Lady Blue Crab, Skywalkers, Hero's, and haven't won the NGLL tournament yet. There's no dominance. It is a strong team in an area with other strong teams. And good for those girls.

Personally I think the current best clubs will stay the best clubs in HS. Sadly, atleast in this age group, the best girls from all clubs seem to end up trying out at MnD, Hero’s etc leaving decent mid level clubs struggling, not sure how you replace that talent.

While I understand you have an older daughter and speaking from experience, I feel like colleges do consider the club a girl comes from or atleast gives more notice to some club players over others. For instance, as soon as recruiting opened up MnD has been non stop posting the players that are being recruited, no other club even seems comparable, unless they just aren’t posting the players achievements

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is all things compared against MND.
That was my thought as well. Hero's has won all but 1 of the NGLL championships and every head-to-head championship tourney against MnD since the summer of 2019.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since my oldest in almost done with club lax I can tell you that no one cares about M&D dominance - no college coaches - no other clubs - no parents from other clubs. The teams begin to even out by high school. Teams that M&D used to stomp - begin to either beat M&D or give them close competitive games. The only people who care about M&D supposed dominance are M&D parents. And they catch on quickly once their daughters get to HS and see girls from other "less dominant" clubs being recruited at the same rate as the girls on M&D teams. Since this forum is about 25's I'd look at the M&D 25 track record against area clubs. They've lost to Lady Blue Crab, Skywalkers, Hero's, and haven't won the NGLL tournament yet. There's no dominance. It is a strong team in an area with other strong teams. And good for those girls.

Personally I think the current best clubs will stay the best clubs in HS. Sadly, atleast in this age group, the best girls from all clubs seem to end up trying out at MnD, Hero’s etc leaving decent mid level clubs struggling, not sure how you replace that talent.

While I understand you have an older daughter and speaking from experience, I feel like colleges do consider the club a girl comes from or atleast gives more notice to some club players over others. For instance, as soon as recruiting opened up MnD has been non stop posting the players that are being recruited, no other club even seems comparable, unless they just aren’t posting the players achievements
M&D is the only club that posts all the players who are recruited. I have not seen anything posted about recruits by Hero's or Sky Walkers, unless the players or parents posted it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
More than half of hero’s green 22s are recruited to great schools and almost entire SW Blue 22s are recruited to great Schools. Duke, UVA, JMU, Hopkins, Maryland, Princeton, USC, Michigan, etc... are all schools w Heroes and SW 22 commits. Those clubs don’t post commitments on social media. All three clubs do very very well in terms of recruitment. Key is to be a strong contributor on one of those teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since my oldest in almost done with club lax I can tell you that no one cares about M&D dominance - no college coaches - no other clubs - no parents from other clubs. The teams begin to even out by high school. Teams that M&D used to stomp - begin to either beat M&D or give them close competitive games. The only people who care about M&D supposed dominance are M&D parents. And they catch on quickly once their daughters get to HS and see girls from other "less dominant" clubs being recruited at the same rate as the girls on M&D teams. Since t his forum is about 25's I'd look at the M&D 25 track record against area clubs. They've lost to Lady Blue Crab, Skywalkers, Hero's, and haven't won the NGLL tournament yet. There's no dominance. It is a strong team in an area with other strong teams. And good for those girls.

My oldest is almost done and I will add that you need to find a situation where your child can develop and shine. Being on the roster of one of the above teams is meaningless if your daughter does not get to play. My daughter is on one of the 3 clubs mentioned and due to great coaching and a policy that all the girls played an equitable amount of time (the stars/girls playing well were in at the end in close games), she is committed to a very good school. If your daughter is on a great team that wins a lot but she plays sparingly, either she won't be seen, or the college coaches, after watching multiple games, will assume she is a weak player. You do not have to be on one of the above teams to get a good spot.You will be very surprised by the number of girls from teams you have never heard of, that never make the brackets in big tournaments, that get committed to great programs. I also feel that politics aside, Under Armour tryouts are the best bang for the buck and going to prospect days pays off as long as you are realistic about your daughter's ability. Lastly, get your high school coach involved. If your daughter is on varsity her first one/two years, her high school coach will know her and can be a tremendous asset/advocate in the recruiting process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to go on recruiting websites. You will see girls are being recruited to high level schools from all over the country. Maybe not as many girls all from one team like Skywalkers 22 blue - but the recruiting is geographicallyspreading. Being on a Baltimore area club team is no longer a sure fire way to be recruited. The above poster is correct - you need to stand out on y our team.

While I understand you have an older daughter and speaking from experience, I feel like colleges do consider the club a girl comes from or atleast gives more notice to some club players over others. For instance, as soon as recruiting opened up MnD has been non stop posting the players that are being recruited, no other club even seems comparable, unless they just aren’t posting the players achievements[/quote]
M&D is the only club that posts all the players who are recruited. I have not seen anything posted about recruits by Hero's or Sky Walkers, unless the players or parents posted it[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to go on recruiting websites. You will see girls are being recruited to high level schools from all over the country. Maybe not as many girls all from one team like Skywalkers 22 blue - but the recruiting is geographicallyspreading. Being on a Baltimore area club team is no longer a sure fire way to be recruited. The above poster is correct - you need to stand out on y our team.

M&D is the only club that posts all the players who are recruited. I have not seen anything posted about recruits by Hero's or Sky Walkers, unless the players or parents posted it[/quote][/quote]
Heros and SW has plenty of top level commitments as well, M&D is just the only one celebrating their players commitments. I think it’s great. I wish my daughter’s club did it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Md United East beat Pride red (who was strong) and gave MND a shock by being competitive— they are looking a lot more athletic. From rumors they did get a girl from LBC but also got the top girl from MND red and other athletic girls from integrity and ECS ( east coast select) they will be competitive. Once the girls from all the clubs have time to mature (since most are actual 2025- they will catch up on the ones that are 2024/2025)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The players lost hurt but they were replaced with players that are equally as skilled. MnD has also been hit with the injury bug and is still able to beat teams with 3-4 players out of the line up. Hero's is one team that has had their number since the 2019 NGLL championship regardless of who was playing or missing. I think MnD is equally as talented as Hero's but for whatever reason, they give the girls trouble.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both M&D and Hero's have extremely talented players. Both teams can be beat on any given day. It looks like LBC beat Hero's last week after they took their goalie and they lost a couple players to MDU. Covid rules and fall lacrosse is always hard to figure out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both M&D and Hero's have extremely talented players. Both teams can be beat on any given day. It looks like LBC beat Hero's last week after they took their goalie and they lost a couple players to MDU. Covid rules and fall lacrosse is always hard to figure out.
Though impressive, I don't think the LBC game is a fair measure of Hero's as there were no draws. I think what was more impressive is their win over MnD. Again with no draws (advantage MnD) Hero's won by a wide margin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Hero's video every single game and analyze the footage? Its freaking 8th grade lacrosse, no one cares who wins and loses. Just let the girls play and be happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care ?

Why does Hero's video every single game and analyze the footage? Its freaking 8th grade lacrosse, no one cares who wins and loses. Just let the girls play and be happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do it for my club's 2025 team. Started it with my older daughters and now record the games with the younger 2025 team. The girls watch the videos afterward and the coaches use it to help coach. And the parents love it if they miss a game and it is also cool to share with other family members located else where. Why not take advantage of technology?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do it for my club's 2025 team. Started it with my older daughters and now record the games with the younger 2025 team. The girls watch the videos afterward and the coaches use it to help coach. And the parents love it if they miss a game and it is also cool to share with other family members located else where. Why not take advantage of technology?
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing wrong with filming games at any age. The best way to teach is to show players where they are excelling and where they still need to learn. And yes, it is freaking 8th grade lacrosse, a year out of high school. If your team was smart, they would be filming too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I film my kid's 2030 game. Great way to show them good things and bad things.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I film my kid's 2030 game. Great way to show them good things and bad things.
Wish I would have done that when my kids were that age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know, Hero's played in the NGLL over Labor Day weekend and then in the HOCO league throughout Sept/Oct so you can't really chalk up a loss to LBC to being rusty and just a part of working out the kinks during Fall ball lacrosse. Covid rules certainly change the game dynamic. My thought is M&D and Hero's are still undoubtedly the top teams, but I think Skywalkers is not far behind, MDU gained some new talent, NEMS is solid and LBC is still has a couple dominant players and can be a threat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know, Hero's played in the NGLL over Labor Day weekend and then in the HOCO league throughout Sept/Oct so you can't really chalk up a loss to LBC to being rusty and just a part of working out the kinks during Fall ball lacrosse. Covid rules certainly change the game dynamic. My thought is M&D and Hero's are still undoubtedly the top teams, but I think Skywalkers is not far behind, MDU gained some new talent, NEMS is solid and LBC is still has a couple dominant players and can be a threat.
As a non hero’s parent the lbc win has an asterisk since there were no draws. Nothing against lbc and still a good win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a non hero’s parent the lbc win has an asterisk since there were no draws. Nothing against lbc and still a good win.
LOL! Only a Hero's parent would say that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL! Funny but most likely true! Pretty sure all of 2020 has an "asterisk" End of the day lets just hope all of these girls and all of these teams continue to get better and play good lacrosse! who cares who is the "best" certainly not the college coaches... play good high level lacrosse and the rest will work itself out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not trying to stir the pot and definitely not a hero’s parent. Good win but with no draws there is an asterisk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. That’s why I said that M&D and Hero’s are undoubtedly still the best teams and that Covid rules no doubt change the game dynamic. I thought was enough of an asterisk but I guess not. Here’s a few more ****** for the next time Pride, Nems, MDU or Coppermine have a good game or when the refs stink. They may still have some for when shots hit the pipe so let me know and I’ll get some of those for you too!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. That’s why I said that M&D and Hero’s are undoubtedly still the best teams and that Covid rules no doubt change the game dynamic. I thought was enough of an asterisk but I guess not. Here’s a few more ****** for the next time Pride, Nems, MDU or Coppermine have a good game or when the refs stink. They may still have some for when shots hit the pipe so let me know and I’ll get some of those for you too!
Must be that time of the month mom. Back away from the keyboard. None of the examples you mentioned are examples of a rule change or modification. No draws is. Especially for hero’s who is one of the better draw teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the Chesapeake Invitational have draws?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes

Pride, LI Top Guns, and Sky Walkers had some good matches. Would have been nice to have M&D there for the strong competition. Would have been better to replace M&D with Hero's green instead of CCLax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride, LI Top Guns, and Sky Walkers had some good matches. Would have been nice to have M&D there for the strong competition. Would have been better to replace M&D with Hero's green instead of CCLax.
Next weekend Pride LI TG, M&D, and Hero's are all in the same bracket. Should be some good games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hero's, Monsters and Coppermine were good as well. Unfortunately, Monsters hurt themselves by getting four yellow cards each game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine lost to Hero’s 13-1. Where they missing some key players.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 58 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard