BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was asking if people would rank just the Maryland 2025 teams at this point, as opposed to whole country.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was asking if people would rank just the Maryland 2025 teams at this point, as opposed to whole country.

People are going crazy that Crabs reclassed 9 kids from their 2025 roster and made them repeat 7th grade. Was there 2025 team good enough they did not need them or bad enough they figured they would cut the kids and try to salvage a 2026 squad without always being embarrassed there. I always heard that Crabs stays good at the expense of kids and parents pride and dignity, but I was wondering about this specific example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People are going crazy that Crabs reclassed 9 kids from their 2025 roster and made them repeat 7th grade. Was there 2025 team good enough they did not need them or bad enough they figured they would cut the kids and try to salvage a 2026 squad without always being embarrassed there. I always heard that Crabs stays good at the expense of kids and parents pride and dignity, but I was wondering about this specific example.
Their 25 and 26 teams were not good. Now their 26 team is better. Pride and dignity mean noting to Crabs parents. It’s the Crabs way. My question is, were the players part of the conversation with their parents when it was decided to hold them back in 7th grade? Did they get a say?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know the number is 9?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re going to post stuff about another team you should know the facts! There are 3 Crabs 25’s who re-classed, not 9.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you’re going to post stuff about another team you should know the facts! There are 3 Crabs 25’s who re-classed, not 9.

How many were already holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, like I am going to trust math from someone in the Crabs organization. They can't even get their kids through 7th grade in 1 year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What MD 2025 teams are going to the WSYL now that the WSYL is now in Maryland not Denver? Should we assume that if a MD 2025 team is not there it is due to the fact their 2025 is all holdbacks?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think Next Level should be mentioned in the top 5 for MD. They pretty much dominated Fall Hoco and have added a ton of 2024 players. They are definitely not the same team we saw during the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC doesn’t even have a 2025 team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think they become DC Express at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

#13, #50, #21, #42 and the 3 defensemen

That's 7

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

Easy now, don't go get mathematical on them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7
It might help if they had changed their jersey numbers after reclassing. I mean, you are giving them an extra year of fees, you would think they could afford to give you new numbers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, like I am going to trust math from someone in the Crabs organization. They can't even get their kids through 7th grade in 1 year

Post of the year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7
It might help if they had changed their jersey numbers after reclassing. I mean, you are giving them an extra year of fees, you would think they could afford to give you new numbers.

Where do you get your information from? Not that it matters but there are 3 former 2025 players who reclassed to 2026. All were role players on the 25 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

Where do you get your information from? Not that it matters but there are 3 former 2025 players who reclassed to 2026. All were role players on the 25 team.

Its really easy when the 2026 Rosters were posted with numbers up until this summer. We also played Crabs several times this year or seen them play. And even easier is you watch summer tournament games and you see the 2025 kids play at the same tournament as the 2026's. Nope didnt change jersey number and the 2026/2025 rosters are now blank on the website

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

And let me guess, they didn’t really reclass either right? They were playing up this whole time and are now where they are supposed to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

And let me guess, they didn’t really reclass either right? They were playing up this whole time and are now where they are supposed to be.

Cool then, making 3 kids repeat a year of school for the sake of lacrosse makes it totally sane and not desperate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of those players is better than average. he should dominate on 26 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
one of those players is better than average. he should dominate on 26 team.

Havent seen that yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hammers, Team Maryland, and Top Caliber joining forces to make a run at the WSYL for 2025 and 2026... https://www.theclca.com/wsyl?fbclid=IwAR0R7DEnIbk6i4cDwbSZwlVrUG6Luxgg24Z4D880SZ-FMnTVdvBEv89kYGY

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning the WSYL is a great accomplishment for a team to do. Combining a few teams to make an all star team, to try and win isn’t the same accomplishment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too late, the NY teams started combining teams years ago and have never lost. The MD teams are now following the example. The WSYL needs tighter restrictions if they didn't want this to happen. 100 mile roster address and 1 tournament played as a team doesn't really tighten it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning the WSYL is a great accomplishment for a team to do. Combining a few teams to make an all star team, to try and win isn’t the same accomplishment.

agreed. A bunch of teams are doing that, or having WSYL specific tryouts. Adding a few players is expected but I think it'll be out of hand this year with the WSYL being on the East coast and travel not being a deterrent for most.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too late, the NY teams started combining teams years ago and have never lost. The MD teams are now following the example. The WSYL needs tighter restrictions if they didn't want this to happen. 100 mile roster address and 1 tournament played as a team doesn't really tighten it up.

100% incorrect.

Team 91 Wolfpack parent here. No players were added to the 2024 Wolfpack team that went undefeated in Denver in 2019. No holdbacks on that team either, so all players went. And for the record, there are still no holdbacks on the team.

The prior year, the 2023 Team 91 Bandits won it, also no players were added to that team either.

Those are just two teams that I am very familiar with.

Can’t speak for the rest of the NY teams that won it, but I highly doubt that any players were added to the 2020 Team 91 Crush team, when they won it.

So you have no clue what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To actual combine teams to create a super duper team to win, defeats the purpose of the event. Think about it. Well our team couldn’t win, but the 4 teams combined beat the actual legit team. If this happens, this has become a joke. So the WSYL champs are the Maryland All Star team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To actual combine teams to create a super duper team to win, defeats the purpose of the event. Think about it. Well our team couldn’t win, but the 4 teams combined beat the actual legit team. If this happens, this has become a joke. So the WSYL champs are the Maryland All Star team.

Little League World Series teams are all/mostly all star teams and that doesn't seem to have defeated the purpose of that event.

I do agree with the prior poster saying that a 100 mile radius is pretty ridiculous. Should be something tighter, maybe like 15 - 25 miles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Draw a 100 mile radius in the MD area and you cover every top program in the state, all of Delaware, South NJ, Philly and Northern VA. Do it in NY and you cover all of LI, NY south of Poughkeepsie, most of connecticut, most of NJ, parts of Mass, parts of Rhode Island and parts of Eastern PA. I am pretty sure an all star team from each of those areas would make for a great game, but that shouldn't be what this is about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% incorrect.

Team 91 Wolfpack parent here. No players were added to the 2024 Wolfpack team that went undefeated in Denver in 2019. No holdbacks on that team either, so all players went. And for the record, there are still no holdbacks on the team.

The prior year, the 2023 Team 91 Bandits won it, also no players were added to that team either.

Can’t speak for the rest of the NY teams that won it, but I highly doubt that any players were added to the 2020 Team 91 Crush team, when they won it.

Absolutely players were added from the year ahead born after 9/1 and before 12/1. And isn't this the same Wolfpup team who up and quit in a tournament because they were losing games on the first day. Sorry, you lost all credibility a long time ago but you keep holding onto those 2019 wins against Breakers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. Draw a 100 mile radius in the MD area and you cover every top program in the state, all of Delaware, South NJ, Philly and Northern VA. Do it in NY and you cover all of LI, NY south of Poughkeepsie, most of connecticut, most of NJ, parts of Mass, parts of Rhode Island and parts of Eastern PA. I am pretty sure an all star team from each of those areas would make for a great game, but that shouldn't be what this is about.

If WSYL lowered their fees maybe more teams would participate which would limit the number of free agent kids looking for a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% incorrect.

Absolutely players were added from the year ahead born after 9/1 and before 12/1. And isn't this the same Wolfpup team who up and quit in a tournament because they were losing games on the first day. Sorry, you lost all credibility a long time ago but you keep holding onto those 2019 wins against Breakers.

Bingo !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% incorrect.

Bingo !!

Sorry, low class, holdback parent. LI teams don’t need to steal players from other teams or horde holdbacks to win games against lowly cheater teams. I know that sounds hard to believe, for morally challenged individuals such as yourself, but that’s how we do it. No outsiders and no holdbacks that are a year or even two years older. Ever!

But you keep spreading garbage lies on this site. Low self esteem losers in life, routinely attempt to pull down the ultra successful, in order to feel better about their unfulfilled, unsuccessful lives. Yeah, I’ve heard it all before. But you don’t usually see that when the ultra successful are children. Congrats. You are particularly unconscionable individual.

How about we talk real garbage. How many holdbacks does your kids team have? I know the number is north of 80% of the MD HOCO kids that actually step foot on the field are between a year and two years older than the LI kids your trashy team is playing. How’s that feel?? Every LI team your kid is playing against is pre-pubescent while your kid is a man-child. Then why do your kids (men) still lose???? Lmao! LI spots you two years, and you still can’t win! How will you cheat next?? How about you steal kids from other teams?? Wait! You already do that!! Ok. How about you bring in college kids?? Lol. Seriously, the mid Atlantic is a disgrace and an embarrassment to the Lacrosse community, but if you’ve ever been out of MD, you already know that. MD/VA/DC - the bottom dweller cheater trash of all youth sports!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Little League World Series teams are all/mostly all star teams and that doesn't seem to have defeated the purpose of that event.

I do agree with the prior poster saying that a 100 mile radius is pretty ridiculous. Should be something tighter, maybe like 15 - 25 miles.

The Little League baseball teams are All star teams, correct, but they are all star teams that pull from local rec teams. Sure there are going to be kids that come from a little distance to play in that rec league that year so they can qualify for that all star team. There is no open tryout though like the post mentioned for baseball.

100 miles is absurd. If you can locate a dominant FO or goalie within that radius and ship them in for the WSYL it is a huge unfair advantage in my eyes. Anyone want to travel from Stanford CT to LI for practice? Uh, no. It would take 3 hours to get there in the afternoon. There's a reason there is Express North, and Express NJ now. it is a totally separate market.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The WSYL, past winners were teams. A team that started in September and finished in July. In this Lax world that’s the definition of a TEAM. Do you follow me so far? This isn’t brain surgery. Now if there was a state vs state all star game that would be a different topic. Not a bad idea, but that’s not this topic. Can you imagine the WSYL final being a state all star team vs an actual team. Think about that. Let’s take 4 great kids from 7 different teams to create the ultimate team to compete. We can meet up the night before so all the kids can introduce themselves to each other. If this happens, this event will become a farce.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's a lie WP Parent. You scalped the F/o kid from Express, Grab the Goalie and MId from Taz, and added 2 other kids. So please stop with that. Now your team is losing to all those teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"holdback" is the excuse of choice by low class LI sad dad's whose kids teams can't compete with MD teams. Sorry your kid will not make his high school team. Maybe he'll have a snowball's chance if he HIT'S THE WALL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It could also be the excuse of the holdback parent, knowing deep down his kid can’t be a great player playing with kids his own age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is getting about as funny as CNN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It could also be the excuse of the holdback parent, knowing deep down his kid can’t be a great player playing with kids his own age.

Please stop fellow LI dads. There are holdbacks here.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard