Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
TM@BOTC #313002 10/22/20 08:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does your NJ club approach playing in a tournament in a state that is on the travel advisory list?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #313006 10/22/20 09:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How does your NJ club approach playing in a tournament in a state that is on the travel advisory list?

They do not go, at least that was how it was handled this summer. I know that some NJ clubs did play in Maryland this summer while the state was still on the quarantine list, I think that Crab Feast and Naptown occurred during this period, but not positive.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313023 10/22/20 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do not go, at least that was how it was handled this summer. I know that some NJ clubs did play in Maryland this summer while the state was still on the quarantine list, I think that Crab Feast and Naptown occurred during this period, but not positive.

This is correct. They should not and the majority do not go. Plus the schools are clear with their expectations to follow the quarantine list rules. We received an email from our school regarding club sports explicitly (hockey, lax, etc.). No words were spared. You do not want your kid to be the one to bring it in school because of some club tournament.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313074 10/22/20 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE 2026 11 out of 21 guys.

What does this mean LE 2026 11 out of 21 guys.

I guess it means that the other 10 guys are not LE 2026

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313258 10/24/20 10:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 hours or less in a “hot zone” does not require quarantining so OK as long as under 24 hours.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #313481 10/26/20 08:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the LE 2026 post is referring to a post from a week or two ago about the amount of kids who were cut heading into this season.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313483 10/26/20 08:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this 24 hour travel stuff accurate? If we do not spend the night does this count? We are only going to "visiting" a park for 6 or so hours so its like stopping by a location in the hot zone and stayed there a few hours but the school survey each day says "traveled to". Traveled to is an ambiguous statement so I am not sure what is going to be considered the right answer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313498 10/26/20 09:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this 24 hour travel stuff accurate? If we do not spend the night does this count? We are only going to "visiting" a park for 6 or so hours so its like stopping by a location in the hot zone and stayed there a few hours but the school survey each day says "traveled to". Traveled to is an ambiguous statement so I am not sure what is going to be considered the right answer.

I have not heard of the 24 hour rule, seems a bit counter-intuitive. I would be curious to know which NJ clubs are actually considering travel to a quarantine state. If no NY, NJ or CT teams are going to show up, it seems like the tournaments would simply shift locations like they did this summer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313500 10/26/20 09:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is correct have to be in the state for longer than 24 hours

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313505 10/26/20 09:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is correct have to be in the state for longer than 24 hours
I think you are interpreting it incorrectly.

The rule says:
Who passed through a designated state for a period of limited duration (i.e. less than 24 hours) through the course of travel.

Attending a lacrosse tournament is not "course of travel." The idea there is that if you are driving through the state to get somewhere else and stop for the night (for rest) then you are not subject to quarantine.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #313511 10/26/20 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or we could question that the survival rate is 99.9% of people under 70. The science and data says that it is illogical not to go about regular life for this virus just based on science.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313527 10/26/20 10:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or we could question that the survival rate is 99.9% of people under 70. The science and data says that it is illogical not to go about regular life for this virus just based on science.

No need to go down this road on a lacrosse forum, parents are just trying to understand the rules in order to make an informed decision.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313541 10/26/20 11:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wear a mask everywhere. Driving, outside, shower, basement, everywhere. Do not leave the house!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313559 10/26/20 12:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i recall Governor Cuomo , going to a convention in Delaware and was caught not wearing his mask and in a crowd full of people. His quote was " You have to be in the State longer than 24 hours to Quarantine ". that is what what i am going by . Plus shutting the country down for 99.9 pct survival rate does not make much sense. Now lets get back to Lax

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313577 10/26/20 01:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i recall Governor Cuomo , going to a convention in Delaware and was caught not wearing his mask and in a crowd full of people. His quote was " You have to be in the State longer than 24 hours to Quarantine ". that is what what i am going by . Plus shutting the country down for 99.9 pct survival rate does not make much sense. Now lets get back to Lax

Well, since this is the NJ forum, we should probably go by Governor Murphy, but why worry about the details...but again, enough already with the politics

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 67 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 66 67
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard