Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today! | NY Riptide Holiday Packs: 2 Season Tickets, 2 Sweatshirts, 2 Autographs and MORE – Just $159. Shop now at newyorkriptide.com
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 01:24 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 01:17 PM
New England Prep School Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 12:57 PM
Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 12:34 PM
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/05/20 11:32 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,149
Posts278,192
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313028 10/22/20 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

Should have been more! Just as deserving

Not knocking others but the one leg girl who made it is an outstanding player. Was picked 2 years in row bc she is an above average talent.

When you pick YJ B players over other clubs A team players like TG and Legacy the selection process loses all credibility.

Maybe that girl showed more heart at the tryout than the "A Team Players" . You're not owed a spot just bc you're on the A team. Maybe she had a great tryout and it was based on that. Don't knock a kid who made it against the odds. I can't believe this conversation is still going on. I hope you got your refunds. Stay home next year.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313029 10/22/20 11:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

Should have been more! Just as deserving

Not knocking others but the one leg girl who made it is an outstanding player. Was picked 2 years in row bc she is an above average talent.

When you pick YJ B players over other clubs A team players like TG and Legacy the selection process loses all credibility.

Maybe that girl showed more heart at the tryout than the "A Team Players" . You're not owed a spot just bc you're on the A team. Maybe she had a great tryout and it was based on that. Don't knock a kid who made it against the odds. I can't believe this conversation is still going on. I hope you got your refunds. Stay home next year.

Well, everyone knows that half the girls on 2023 YJ A team are there due to friends and family plan. The best players on the team were imported from Igloo because the team was so bad, and they are now finally competitive. Not a surprise that a YJ B player is better than many A players and was able to demonstrate that at the tryout.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313069 10/22/20 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this is enlightening to listen to you Long Island parents chew up & spit out each other and your kids, not to mention the coach. This lack of team play is exactly what we saw in that game you played against CONNY - outplayed, outcoached and outclassed. Four yellow cards, two for wild shots into the 8 meter area. Forget about CONNY, you weren't even in the top 4 teams in that tournament overall bc no plan & no discipline. With this kind of leadership on BOTH sidelines, it's not surprising.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313073 10/22/20 03:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can recall years back a YJ friend telling me her daughter (on B) was told to tryout for D even though she was a Midi.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313095 10/22/20 05:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, this is enlightening to listen to you Long Island parents chew up & spit out each other and your kids, not to mention the coach. This lack of team play is exactly what we saw in that game you played against CONNY - outplayed, outcoached and outclassed. Four yellow cards, two for wild shots into the 8 meter area. Forget about CONNY, you weren't even in the top 4 teams in that tournament overall bc no plan & no discipline. With this kind of leadership on BOTH sidelines, it's not surprising.

YJ despicable tactics have soured this age group. Very sad. Problem lies in entitlement, and has created delusional parents!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313099 10/22/20 06:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

Should have been more! Just as deserving

Not knocking others but the one leg girl who made it is an outstanding player. Was picked 2 years in row bc she is an above average talent.

When you pick YJ B players over other clubs A team players like TG and Legacy the selection process loses all credibility.

Maybe that girl showed more heart at the tryout than the "A Team Players" . You're not owed a spot just bc you're on the A team. Maybe she had a great tryout and it was based on that. Don't knock a kid who made it against the odds. I can't believe this conversation is still going on. I hope you got your refunds. Stay home next year.

Well, everyone knows that half the girls on 2023 YJ A team are there due to friends and family plan. The best players on the team were imported from Igloo because the team was so bad, and they are now finally competitive. Not a surprise that a YJ B player is better than many A players and was able to demonstrate that at the tryout.

Could be her high school coach was the evaluator.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313161 10/23/20 11:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Last year there were no YJ coaches...Berterlone was Highlight, not Command.
It was the Legacy Director/Coach Levy last year. If he “snubbed” TG and only took 1 Legacy “Above Average Talent” girl (2nd one due to injury aside)-then who did HE take on the team? If not TG and His Own Legacy...who did he take and why?
That had nothing to do with YJ owner or coaches or players or or parents or politics.
Who did he take & why?
NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION because the truth blows up your narrative !!

Bertolone was there on the sideline with the other coaches for both highlight and command. Yes he was there for Highlight but he was there for the Command tryout. 100% true.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Last year there were no YJ coaches...Berterlone was Highlight, not Command.
It was the Legacy Director/Coach Levy last year. If he “snubbed” TG and only took 1 Legacy “Above Average Talent” girl (2nd one due to injury aside)-then who did HE take on the team? If not TG and His Own Legacy...who did he take and why?
That had nothing to do with YJ owner or coaches or players or or parents or politics.
Who did he take & why?
NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION because the truth blows up your narrative !!

Bertolone was there on the sideline with the other coaches for both highlight and command. Yes he was there for Highlight but he was there for the Command tryout. 100% true.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Last year there were no YJ coaches...Berterlone was Highlight, not Command.
It was the Legacy Director/Coach Levy last year. If he “snubbed” TG and only took 1 Legacy “Above Average Talent” girl (2nd one due to injury aside)-then who did HE take on the team? If not TG and His Own Legacy...who did he take and why?
That had nothing to do with YJ owner or coaches or players or or parents or politics.
Who did he take & why?
NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION because the truth blows up your narrative !!

Bertolone was there on the sideline with the other coaches for both highlight and command. Yes he was there for Highlight but he was there for the Command tryout. 100% true.



Most of the girls Levy took from last year were from the 22 age group being that it was a 22/23 team. This year was a 23/24 age group which completely changes the dynamic.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313165 10/23/20 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you are saying the best girls on the team are from igloo shows you either know nothing about the team or your from igloo. The best kids on that team have been on the team at least 2 years running. 2 of the igloo are solid all around players ( 1defender 1mid) The others are good but not great. One is a selfish turnover machine (middy) and the other is like watching a cat on ice skates (attacker). In fact the current YJ teams makes the igloo kids better... True story

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313168 10/23/20 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ not a mafioso group ??? If you decide not to train with YJ it is fine.. staus quo....BUT if you train with another outside trainer that is another story!!!!! There is a trail of tears of kids who train with people that don't meet the approval of YJ. The 2022 coach charges exorbitant hourly's to train kids and if you think that kids don't get pushed aside for the betterment of the paying kids then you are a complete imbecile.. Its happening right this second. Before they fill the desires of the non paying kid, they will fill the desire of the paying kid first, God forbid the kids play the same position and like the same school. In that case the paying customer will get the nod and the non paying customer will be convinced to look at a different school... Classic switcheroo.. YJ 101 …. Pay to paly and pay to reserve your line at the front and keep other non paying interested parties away...

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313180 10/23/20 12:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ not a mafioso group ??? If you decide not to train with YJ it is fine.. staus quo....BUT if you train with another outside trainer that is another story!!!!! There is a trail of tears of kids who train with people that don't meet the approval of YJ. The 2022 coach charges exorbitant hourly's to train kids and if you think that kids don't get pushed aside for the betterment of the paying kids then you are a complete imbecile.. Its happening right this second. Before they fill the desires of the non paying kid, they will fill the desire of the paying kid first, God forbid the kids play the same position and like the same school. In that case the paying customer
will get the nod and the non paying customer will be convinced to look at a different school... Classic switcheroo.. YJ 101 …. Pay to paly and pay to reserve your line at the front and keep other non paying interested parties away...

Pretty much how life works...

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313185 10/23/20 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ not a mafioso group ??? If you decide not to train with YJ it is fine.. staus quo....BUT if you train with another outside trainer that is another story!!!!! There is a trail of tears of kids who train with people that don't meet the approval of YJ. The 2022 coach charges exorbitant hourly's to train kids and if you think that kids don't get pushed aside for the betterment of the paying kids then you are a complete imbecile.. Its happening right this second. Before they fill the desires of the non paying kid, they will fill the desire of the paying kid first, God forbid the kids play the same position and like the same school. In that case the paying customer will get the nod and the non paying customer will be convinced to look at a different school... Classic switcheroo.. YJ 101 …. Pay to paly and pay to reserve your line at the front and keep other non paying interested parties away...


you sound like you have seen this first hand; like the blood is fresh and the wound still stings.
Well I will continue to live my life by having my girls train the best trainer possible, and not because she has a blue and gold sweatshirt on. you only are hurting kids in the long run donating $$$ for the pay to play BS. the best trainers I have used and seen don't work for YJ. I want my kid to get better not get more time because she pays a trainer/coach.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313186 10/23/20 01:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ not a mafioso group ??? If you decide not to train with YJ it is fine.. staus quo....BUT if you train with another outside trainer that is another story!!!!! There is a trail of tears of kids who train with people that don't meet the approval of YJ. The 2022 coach charges exorbitant hourly's to train kids and if you think that kids don't get pushed aside for the betterment of the paying kids then you are a complete imbecile.. Its happening right this second. Before they fill the desires of the non paying kid, they will fill the desire of the paying kid first, God forbid the kids play the same position and like the same school. In that case the paying customer will get the nod and the non paying customer will be convinced to look at a different school... Classic switcheroo.. YJ 101 …. Pay to paly and pay to reserve your line at the front and keep other non paying interested parties away...


you sound like you have seen this first hand; like the blood is fresh and the wound still stings.
Well I will continue to live my life by having my girls train the best trainer possible, and not because she has a blue and gold sweatshirt on. you only are hurting kids in the long run donating $$$ for the pay to play BS. the best trainers I have used and seen don't work for YJ. I want my kid to get better not get more time because she pays a trainer/coach.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The fact that you are saying the best girls on the team are from igloo shows you either know nothing about the team or your from igloo. The best kids on that team have been on the team at least 2 years running. 2 of the igloo are solid all around players ( 1defender 1mid) The others are good but not great. One is a selfish turnover machine (middy) and the other is like watching a cat on ice skates (attacker). In fact the current YJ teams makes the igloo kids better... True story

the selfish turnover machine is the who has been at YJ from the get go.... we all know that

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313209 10/23/20 04:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good try! He took 5 that were from YJ 2023 and 1 Leg 2023. The YJ goalie and two top middies didn’t even try out last year. That would have brought it to 8-on a 2022-2023 roster! Still, 5-1. Nice try!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313211 10/23/20 05:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Despicable tactics? with does that even translate into. They had A team players wear Blue, B team players wear Yellow at the tryouts. That’s why your daughter didn’t make it? That “Despicable” tactic soured you so bad you moved your daughter to exile and now complain so much about it. You made your bed !!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #313212 10/23/20 05:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be an angry 2022 parent who is on the wrong thread. Neither 2023 coach trains anyone privately and those that do go to a trainer have not been negatively affected At All. Don’t project your situation on ours. YJ forces nothing!

Like Reply Quote
Page 15 of 27 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 26 27
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4