BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 79 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tigers cant play in WSYL due to age limit. They’d be missing too much unless they want to take a shot at 14U.
I am guess you aren't a Tiger parent and don't know that to be a fact. It will be interesting to see how many kids are unable to play due to age limit. I know even some lesser teams in the area who have more than a couple kids who are born prior to Sep 1, 2007 for U13 and prior to Sep 1, 2006 for U14. I guess for nice these dad's can't brag about how much they helped their boy by holding them back (personally I don't care what you do to your child, but gets tiresome listening to).

honestly. WSYL is just another way to talk about holdbacks and how it's great ro the worst thing ever. I'm with this guy..who cares. can we get to talking about some actual stuff. here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
honestly. WSYL is just another way to talk about holdbacks and how it's great ro the worst thing ever. I'm with this guy..who cares. can we get to talking about some actual stuff. here.
Especially in this area it is less relevant since spring rec lacrosse is age based until you get to 14U where 8th graders can play for 3 years if they are a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Especially in this area it is less relevant since spring rec lacrosse is age based until you get to 14U where 8th graders can play for 3 years if they are a holdback.
Everyone has set opinions on the holdback matter, no point in discussing it as it is allowed outside of WSYL. Just live with it regularly and for WSYL enjoy being relatively older it if you are not a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son benefits from club lax being grade based as we started him late as he was very shy and wouldn't talk much in kindergarten. I am not complaining obviously, but I have never understood why something completely unrelated to school uses school year as its "cutoff." My wife and I were aware he'd be in a better spot academically, socially and for school sports, but never thought a club/travel sport would afford him an advantage as well. Ah well, glad he decided to play lax instead of soccer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a very good player from northern MD & wants to play in the 14U WSYL, what Philly teams are doing it? Thaks

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a very good player from northern MD & wants to play in the 14U WSYL, what Philly teams are doing it? Thaks
I'd reach out to Brotherly Love, they are most likely club to assemble a team for WSYL that isn't an already formed squad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs are playing 2026 NXT Nightfall? So far I heard NXT, Freedom, PA RR, Tribal/SJ Express, United

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What clubs are playing 2026 NXT Nightfall? So far I heard NXT, Freedom, PA RR, Tribal/SJ Express, United
I don't think your list is accurate. My son is a 2026 on one of those teams and they are not playing as far as I know (unless he got cut and the coaches haven't told us yet).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 91 Maryland is playing in NXT Nightfall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think 91 Maryland is playing in NXT Nightfall
Nice, will be fun to see them up this way.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be doing something right on philly. The LI board is talking about HHH and Tigers 👍

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tigers is like a cult...they have their players openly recruit players...better careful as the kid you try to recruit is probably better then the kid doing the recruiting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HHH 2025 yes they are very good
Not that special anywhere else
Tigers one of team....not built to last

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah it all sounds good
I know kids that played there and left
They have tried to get kids we know...too many “dads” whom only worry about their kid....yes number 17 has hopped around a lot because of that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct RR2026 hasn’t played freedom since 2018....was a blood bath. They couldn’t stop their midfielders then and probably still can’t

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brotherly Love has no shot unless an automatic invite from 25 down.
2026 isn’t good whether it’s their team or academy team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brotherly Love has no shot unless an automatic invite from 25 down.
2026 isn’t good whether it’s their team or academy team
I am guessing if they enter a team in qualifiers, it'll look nothing like their current team or academy team. They will try and assemble a squad just for WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct RR2026 hasn’t played freedom since 2018....was a blood bath. They couldn’t stop their midfielders then and probably still can’t
I don't know these specific teams, but I am guessing 2026 teams look very different from 2018 to 2020. Between puberty starting and just the amount of experience you gain in two years at this age, there are probably some kids who weren't on the team or rode the bench in 2018 who are now studs and also some former studs who are now just avg. My boys are older, but I remember their teams from 5th to 7th/8th grade had boys who developed into great players that had been afterthoughts and others who dominated at age 10 because they were experienced no longer being top players by 7th or 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know these specific teams, but I am guessing 2026 teams look very different from 2018 to 2020. Between puberty starting and just the amount of experience you gain in two years at this age, there are probably some kids who weren't on the team or rode the bench in 2018 who are now studs and also some former studs who are now just avg. My boys are older, but I remember their teams from 5th to 7th/8th grade had boys who developed into great players that had been afterthoughts and others who dominated at age 10 because they were experienced no longer being top players by 7th or 8th grade.
Very true, huge developmental period in these ages. I contend the kids making the biggest leap going into 7th grade (not necessarily the best, but more so most improved) are the ones that dominate in high school. I’ve seen it so many times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true, huge developmental period in these ages. I contend the kids making the biggest leap going into 7th grade (not necessarily the best, but more so most improved) are the ones that dominate in high school. I’ve seen it so many times.
I agree 2018 games are irrelevant in 2020, and the OP seems to be hanging on tight to some victory from 2 years ago. I can't even tell who he's saying won the "bloodbath" but PA RR and Freedom both seem to represent the area well at 2026 so let's stop the hating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wheres the PA hotbeds of youth lacrosse ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A solid group of players come from the West Chester, Downingtown, Paoli area. Delco has some pockets that have good teams. Youth lacrosse is not created equal as some programs are much larger than others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A solid group of players come from the West Chester, Downingtown, Paoli area. Delco has some pockets that have good teams. Youth lacrosse is not created equal as some programs are much larger than others.
West Chester is more populated so they tend to dominate the youth programs as they have more kids to choose from, but I think better overall talent in the Devon/paoli/mainline area as the top athletes are all playing lax there whereas west chester has a bunch of football/basketball only kids (and still a lot of baseball players for some odd reason).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Avon Grove/Kennett area has boomed in the last 25 years....they have put out some good players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Avon Grove/Kennett area has boomed in the last 25 years....they have put out some good players.
I agree there is talent there so why is there no club team in that area? Crazy Oxford/AG/Kennett kids have to go up to West Chester or down into MD to play club lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree there is talent there so why is there no club team in that area? Crazy Oxford/AG/Kennett kids have to go up to West Chester or down into MD to play club lax.

yeah that 15-20 minute ride is a killer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely not enough talent nor numbers to sustain a full scale program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Avon Grove won the state championship a couple years ago and I think Kennett has a pretty solid team as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All true but the original point was why isn't there a club program in southern chester county. High School and youth are different conversations with different variables to consider. Avon Grove, Kennett, and Oxford don't have the numbers to support a full scale youth program. They couldn't sustain player movement because the top kids would leave to programs they perceive are better. And there would be enough kids to field competitive teams. If it were feasible certainly someone to this point would have launched something down there if they could profit from it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All true but the original point was why isn't there a club program in southern chester county. High School and youth are different conversations with different variables to consider. Avon Grove, Kennett, and Oxford don't have the numbers to support a full scale youth program. They couldn't sustain player movement because the top kids would leave to programs they perceive are better. And there would be enough kids to field competitive teams. If it were feasible certainly someone to this point would have launched something down there if they could profit from it.
I think there are more than enough kids in southern Chester county to build and sustain a club lax organization if they start with just the younger ages and build from there. You won't be able to form high school aged teams overnight, but no reason you couldn't have 2027-2029 squads and just annually add new ones at bottom age group as long as you get some solid coaches willing to teach. You don't need to be a national power to sustain a club, just find your niche. Look at Fusion. They tend to struggle on the field and go to less prominent tourneys, but they get lots of kids coming out each year as they have great coaching and kids who can't get playing time on clubs like Freedom, Mesa, Roughriders, Brotherly Love, etc. who still want to play club lax. No reason a SoChesCo Club couldn't exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there are more than enough kids in southern Chester county to build and sustain a club lax organization if they start with just the younger ages and build from there. You won't be able to form high school aged teams overnight, but no reason you couldn't have 2027-2029 squads and just annually add new ones at bottom age group as long as you get some solid coaches willing to teach. You don't need to be a national power to sustain a club, just find your niche. Look at Fusion. They tend to struggle on the field and go to less prominent tourneys, but they get lots of kids coming out each year as they have great coaching and kids who can't get playing time on clubs like Freedom, Mesa, Roughriders, Brotherly Love, etc. who still want to play club lax. No reason a SoChesCo Club couldn't exist.
I agree a club could exist in Southern Chesco, but no need to call out struggles of any local clubs as an example. We should all work together to promote lax in this area. Fusion has a great box program called PennLax which is there focus and they do a great job teaching indoors and out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fusion has outstanding coaching. But the population in Chester County can only support so many programs and still be effective. If there was enough interest and money to be made there would have been a program in Southern Chesco years ago. No one is interested in promoting the game as much as profit and wins. What you need is an angry parent from Southern Chester County with time and means to organize and you'll have your program by June.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you live in southern chesco the club team to play for is team 302. They have many kids from oxford/avondale/kennett and compete in the Md tourney circuit (NOT PA) and do very very well playing at A level. This is why oxford/avon/kennett is able to hold their own (and win) against the likes of the super mega huge west chester and community center teams like loinville with cherry picked teams from a 50+ player pool. Its literally the smallest schools against teams formed from half of the county for rec ball. IMHO you dont see any of those chesco based club teams playing "A" ball down in maryland very often and winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you live in southern chesco the club team to play for is team 302. They have many kids from oxford/avondale/kennett and compete in the Md tourney circuit (NOT PA) and do very very well playing at A level. This is why oxford/avon/kennett is able to hold their own (and win) against the likes of the super mega huge west chester and community center teams like loinville with cherry picked teams from a 50+ player pool. Its literally the smallest schools against teams formed from half of the county for rec ball. IMHO you dont see any of those chesco based club teams playing "A" ball down in maryland very often and winning.

US Club Lax ranks them as best club in Delaware for all years.....side note...they are the only Boys lacrosse program that US Club lax tracks...and 302 posted this honor on their FB page...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's take it easy. Side note... Greene Turtle and Silverbacks and a handful of southern Delaware teams were also around until last year, when the FB posts happened. Greene Turtle's boys team merged with 302 (the 302 girls team merged with Greene Turtle), Silverbacks folded, and the southern Delaware teams folded due to Saltwater Lacrosse and True Eastern Shore (both based in Maryland) taking over the territory down by the beaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's take it easy. Side note... Greene Turtle and Silverbacks and a handful of southern Delaware teams were also around until last year, when the FB posts happened. Greene Turtle's boys team merged with 302 (the 302 girls team merged with Greene Turtle), Silverbacks folded, and the southern Delaware teams folded due to Saltwater Lacrosse and True Eastern Shore (both based in Maryland) taking over the territory down by the beaches.

Maybe we could move the 302 commercial to the Delaware board?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHA...Pretty funny about the 302 commercial. I saw them play this weekend down at DE Turf. I know there were kids from other clubs running with them but overall they were very good. As far as an area supporting a club team, the footprints are getting bigger as Delaware and Lehigh valley kids come down to play. If I was going to put a area for each club team...I would break it down this way:

Brotherly Love: Delco/West Chester
Roughriders: West Chester
Mesa: Main Line
Team 11:Bucks/Montco
Freedom: Downingtown/West Chester
Fusion: West Chester
302: Delaware
Rising Sons: West Chester/Malvern
Black Bear: Montco
Ten Lacrosse: Paoli/Wayne

I know I am missing a club or two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that Delaware tournaments have banned the face off??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reclass kids are so white privilege it chaps my white butt

Like Reply Quote
A