Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s bad enough JS politics gave this unearned, undeserving hand out at the expense of many other actually earning it! To listen to anyone defend it is just dense. The only thing this kid ever earned was being asked to play for Spallina. She did nothing in high school but ride the coattails her junior year from their star player being face guarded! That is her one lacrosse accolade. What has she done? Nothing. She was a no name who earned nothing at Under Armour except for the hand out of senior year when she did not play and they GAVE HER the Senior UA All-American! So stop the BS and just call it like it is. The biggest political BS move in US lacrosse history. That is more acceptable than to listen to you try and defend it. Disgrace. Just stop already! This is a joke.

Very bitter and green.

Everyone seems to agree that the selection is questionable but you seem way too bothered by it. Why attack the player? It appears to be personal with you. You state "What has she done? Nothing." What is wrong with you? To be fair, I don't think any player who has yet to play a single college game should be on this list. However, trying to belittle this player and her accomplishments is reprehensible. In fact, her accolades look pretty good: Ranked #25 in the Class of 2020 by Inside Lacrosse and Named to the 2020 Uunder Armour Senior All-America Team (Both are impressive). Playing for a perennial Top 10 -15 Team and is clearly one of their if not the Top Recruit / Freshmen. That speaks volumes as to the caliber of player that she is.

Questionable selection for this tryout but no question she is a very good player at this point in her career.

I wish her the best

Those are great accolades for a freshman in college, not so much for a team USA invitee! USL epic failure, once again. They need to do better!

That had to be a typo! The Stony Brook girl on the USA roster was ranked the 25th player in the Class of 2020? She never played a college game and her career achievement is being added to the Senior UA roster? Is this a joke or for real?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #312968 10/22/20 05:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I am sure many have heard a few Ivy league have announced NO winter sports I have a feeling that this will soon apply to spring sports as well what a complete mess this will be

I agree. ;0(

Agree There will not be an Ivy season maybe not one for anyone

Daughters fall ball practices shut down most likely for semester. Many schools not doing anything I am really starting to believe we will not have a Spring season of any type[/quote]

At least they had some my daughters team has not had any actual full team practices

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #313009 10/22/20 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing The 2020 class to get another year for Spring sports, but only might be that class.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313021 10/22/20 10:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am hearing The 2020 class to get another year for Spring sports, but only might be that class.

My daughter plays a fall sport in college and they will be playing in the spring but still get their year back

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #313036 10/22/20 11:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter plays a fall sport in college and they will be playing in the spring but still get their year back

Winter sports are also getting an extra year of eligibility due to covid uncertainty, even if they play some form of a season. Spring sports got an extra year this past spring for a partial season, so seems possible they won't get a second year for covid. Makes sense that players not rostered in 2020 (i.e. 2020 hs grads) get the extra year, though, since they have been/will be impacted similarly to 2020-21 fall and winter sports. Otherwise I can see a lot of freshman choosing to redshirt this year, maybe even those who would get meaningful playing time. My daughter's team is already planning for a condensed game schedule. Why give up a year of eligibility for a shortened season that might be canceled part way through, or player gets covid and misses 2-3 weeks by the time she is cleared to return, and some teams have larger than normal rosters due to 5th year seniors making it harder to earn playing time.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #313052 10/22/20 12:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just a few interesting things on USA
-Splillana running the team obviously
-Fall classic Womens US vs Canada game 5-4 at half, final 16-6. Canada ran entire game. They will sure stall in 2021. No shot clock.
-Ortega who to me was big miss most likely didn’t apply as she was invited by Levy in June 2019, was not ask to come back to additional training teams.
-Hoeg who I feel is one of the best attacker in country at any level was never ask to a training team at all. Going to tryout.
-M Taylor very solid goalie left out.
-Jenner and Choma to me big misses for at least a tryout. US was dominated on draw.

Clear to me who had players back in this selection. detest him or like him he goes to bat for his players and who doesn’t.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313060 10/22/20 01:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Winter sports are also getting an extra year of eligibility due to covid uncertainty, even if they play some form of a season. Spring sports got an extra year this past spring for a partial season, so seems possible they won't get a second year for covid. Makes sense that players not rostered in 2020 (i.e. 2020 hs grads) get the extra year, though, since they have been/will be impacted similarly to 2020-21 fall and winter sports. Otherwise I can see a lot of freshman choosing to redshirt this year, maybe even those who would get meaningful playing time. My daughter's team is already planning for a condensed game schedule. Why give up a year of eligibility for a shortened season that might be canceled part way through, or player gets covid and misses 2-3 weeks by the time she is cleared to return, and some teams have larger than normal rosters due to 5th year seniors making it harder to earn playing time.

Because there is more to life than lacrosse .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313075 10/22/20 03:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think having a spring season seems unlikely in college with every state having different rules

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313076 10/22/20 03:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry questionable selection is ridiculous . Unethical , political , embarrassing but questionable gives it a chance at being legit . Simply put there is no way to justify this selection and puts a stain on the reputations of all involved. Let’s also realize her Inside Lax ranking along with her UA senior AA may also have been just as political , not sure those accolades add up with never being named US lax AA especially when her high school coach has obviously a lot of pull .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313086 10/22/20 04:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because there is more to life than lacrosse .

True, but there are a number of seniors who returned this year for a 5th year as grad students. There are current seniors already planning to use their extra year of eligibility in 2022. There are plenty of players who take a 5th or even 6th year due to injury. There are college freshman who plan to attend graduate school, add a minor or specialization, etc. who would love to continue playing while they do it. There will be some who want to be done with college after four years and move on, but I think many players who love the sport would consider redshirting this year in hopes of four years of lacrosse that are more normal.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #313170 10/23/20 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry questionable selection is ridiculous . Unethical , political , embarrassing but questionable gives it a chance at being legit . Simply put there is no way to justify this selection and puts a stain on the reputations of all involved. Let’s also realize her Inside Lax ranking along with her UA senior AA may also have been just as political , not sure those accolades add up with never being named US lax AA especially when her high school coach has obviously a lot of pull .

Another hater trying to diminish a players accomplishments. I have not seen a single post of anyone trying to justify the selection but have noticed some post attacking the player and attempting to tear the player down and belittle her accolades.
Typical jealous parent who hates it when someone other than their daughter is recognized.

This selection was certainly questionable but there is absolutely no reason to make cowardly attacks. I guess there will always be haters who hide behind their keyboard attacking young women and trying to elevate their daughter by tearing down others.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313177 10/23/20 12:40 PM
B
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
B
Football found a way because of large network and conference network money.

Like Reply Quote
baldbear #313178 10/23/20 12:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
Football found a way because of large network and conference network money.

Nope. Sorry. They found a way because they wanted to and came up with work arounds and put protocols in place that seem to be working.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313200 10/23/20 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another hater trying to diminish a players accomplishments. I have not seen a single post of anyone trying to justify the selection but have noticed some post attacking the player and attempting to tear the player down and belittle her accolades.
Typical jealous parent who hates it when someone other than their daughter is recognized.

This selection was certainly questionable but there is absolutely no reason to make cowardly attacks. I guess there will always be haters who hide behind their keyboard attacking young women and trying to elevate their daughter by tearing down others.

"Typical jealous parent and cowardly attacks" Yes mom and dad, you are right. 21 year old super star college NCAA First Team All-Americans who have proven themselves are jealous of little Sally who has done nothing in high school and not played a college game yet. They are upset because they earned it and were passed on due to your daughters coaches politics. Stop lecturing us and just say thank you to your coach and move on. Politics happen.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313213 10/23/20 05:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again you are too ignorant to understand questionable gives it some legitimacy which it had none . No jealousy just disgust that a player who has not earned this honor is taking the place of someone who has . Sorry the player applied for a women’s team knowing full well she did not deserve it and the fix was in . She has earned all the attention she is getting on these boards . The coach should be removed for abusing his position .

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 16 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard