BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Parents know this and pay the vig"

What Vig.. the fees are outlined on the website, adds up to about $1500, the same as just about every other club. I have never been forced to do private training or clinics ( yes they are available at additional cost) and I have never seen any repercussions for not doing those. The YJ is the YJ not some mafioso organization. Be happy on TG, its a good club, and believe it or not the two are more alike then not.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Baltimore and LI both had 2 coaches in the Highlight finals"

I would love to know who the 2nd LI coach was? I was there and there was only 1

Other two chose not to travel due to NYS Restrictions and impact on their real jobs....no one cared about the rest of us but that's a different story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was Highlight coach not Command.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

Should have been more! Just as deserving

Not knocking others but the one leg girl who made it is an outstanding player. Was picked 2 years in row bc she is an above average talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

Not knocking others but the one leg girl who made it is an outstanding player. Was picked 2 years in row bc she is an above average talent.

When you pick YJ B players over other clubs A team players like TG and Legacy the selection process loses all credibility.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year there were no YJ coaches...Berterlone was Highlight, not Command.
It was the Legacy Director/Coach Levy last year. If he “snubbed” TG and only took 1 Legacy “Above Average Talent” girl (2nd one due to injury aside)-then who did HE take on the team? If not TG and His Own Legacy...who did he take and why?
That had nothing to do with YJ owner or coaches or players or or parents or politics.
Who did he take & why?
NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION because the truth blows up your narrative !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly! So a YJB player makes it over other A Team girls and the best part is she didn't even play the position she normally plays!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Last year there were no YJ coaches...Berterlone was Highlight, not Command.
It was the Legacy Director/Coach Levy last year. If he “snubbed” TG and only took 1 Legacy “Above Average Talent” girl (2nd one due to injury aside)-then who did HE take on the team? If not TG and His Own Legacy...who did he take and why?
That had nothing to do with YJ owner or coaches or players or or parents or politics.
Who did he take & why?
NO ONE WANTS TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION because the truth blows up your narrative !!

Bertolone was there on the sideline with the other coaches for both highlight and command. Yes he was there for Highlight but he was there for the Command tryout. 100% true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Exactly! So a YJB player makes it over other A Team girls and the best part is she didn't even play the position she normally plays!

No politics here. I'm sure she's better than Legacy and TG girls even playing out of position.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Baltimore and LI both had 2 coaches in the Highlight finals"

I would love to know who the 2nd LI coach was? I was there and there was only 1

Other two chose not to travel due to NYS Restrictions and impact on their real jobs....no one cared about the rest of us but that's a different story

My mistake, I was commenting on the Highlight division not the Command.. wrong thread

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

When you pick YJ B players over other clubs A team players like TG and Legacy the selection process loses all credibility.

Maybe that girl showed more heart at the tryout than the "A Team Players" . You're not owed a spot just bc you're on the A team. Maybe she had a great tryout and it was based on that. Don't knock a kid who made it against the odds. I can't believe this conversation is still going on. I hope you got your refunds. Stay home next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe that girl showed more heart at the tryout than the "A Team Players" . You're not owed a spot just bc you're on the A team. Maybe she had a great tryout and it was based on that. Don't knock a kid who made it against the odds. I can't believe this conversation is still going on. I hope you got your refunds. Stay home next year.

Well, everyone knows that half the girls on 2023 YJ A team are there due to friends and family plan. The best players on the team were imported from Igloo because the team was so bad, and they are now finally competitive. Not a surprise that a YJ B player is better than many A players and was able to demonstrate that at the tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this is enlightening to listen to you Long Island parents chew up & spit out each other and your kids, not to mention the coach. This lack of team play is exactly what we saw in that game you played against CONNY - outplayed, outcoached and outclassed. Four yellow cards, two for wild shots into the 8 meter area. Forget about CONNY, you weren't even in the top 4 teams in that tournament overall bc no plan & no discipline. With this kind of leadership on BOTH sidelines, it's not surprising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can recall years back a YJ friend telling me her daughter (on B) was told to tryout for D even though she was a Midi.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, this is enlightening to listen to you Long Island parents chew up & spit out each other and your kids, not to mention the coach. This lack of team play is exactly what we saw in that game you played against CONNY - outplayed, outcoached and outclassed. Four yellow cards, two for wild shots into the 8 meter area. Forget about CONNY, you weren't even in the top 4 teams in that tournament overall bc no plan & no discipline. With this kind of leadership on BOTH sidelines, it's not surprising.

YJ despicable tactics have soured this age group. Very sad. Problem lies in entitlement, and has created delusional parents!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

Well, everyone knows that half the girls on 2023 YJ A team are there due to friends and family plan. The best players on the team were imported from Igloo because the team was so bad, and they are now finally competitive. Not a surprise that a YJ B player is better than many A players and was able to demonstrate that at the tryout.

Could be her high school coach was the evaluator.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Last year there were no YJ coaches...Berterlone was Highlight, not Command.
Who did he take & why?

Bertolone was there on the sideline with the other coaches for both highlight and command. Yes he was there for Highlight but he was there for the Command tryout. 100% true.
Who did he take & why?

Who did he take & why?

Most of the girls Levy took from last year were from the 22 age group being that it was a 22/23 team. This year was a 23/24 age group which completely changes the dynamic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that you are saying the best girls on the team are from igloo shows you either know nothing about the team or your from igloo. The best kids on that team have been on the team at least 2 years running. 2 of the igloo are solid all around players ( 1defender 1mid) The others are good but not great. One is a selfish turnover machine (middy) and the other is like watching a cat on ice skates (attacker). In fact the current YJ teams makes the igloo kids better... True story

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ not a mafioso group ??? If you decide not to train with YJ it is fine.. staus quo....BUT if you train with another outside trainer that is another story!!!!! There is a trail of tears of kids who train with people that don't meet the approval of YJ. The 2022 coach charges exorbitant hourly's to train kids and if you think that kids don't get pushed aside for the betterment of the paying kids then you are a complete imbecile.. Its happening right this second. Before they fill the desires of the non paying kid, they will fill the desire of the paying kid first, God forbid the kids play the same position and like the same school. In that case the paying customer will get the nod and the non paying customer will be convinced to look at a different school... Classic switcheroo.. YJ 101 …. Pay to paly and pay to reserve your line at the front and keep other non paying interested parties away...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ not a mafioso group ??? If you decide not to train with YJ it is fine.. staus quo....BUT if you train with another outside trainer that is another story!!!!! There is a trail of tears of kids who train with people that don't meet the approval of YJ. The 2022 coach charges exorbitant hourly's to train kids and if you think that kids don't get pushed aside for the betterment of the paying kids then you are a complete imbecile.. Its happening right this second. Before they fill the desires of the non paying kid, they will fill the desire of the paying kid first, God forbid the kids play the same position and like the same school. In that case the paying customer
will get the nod and the non paying customer will be convinced to look at a different school... Classic switcheroo.. YJ 101 …. Pay to paly and pay to reserve your line at the front and keep other non paying interested parties away...

Pretty much how life works...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ not a mafioso group ??? If you decide not to train with YJ it is fine.. staus quo....BUT if you train with another outside trainer that is another story!!!!! There is a trail of tears of kids who train with people that don't meet the approval of YJ. The 2022 coach charges exorbitant hourly's to train kids and if you think that kids don't get pushed aside for the betterment of the paying kids then you are a complete imbecile.. Its happening right this second. Before they fill the desires of the non paying kid, they will fill the desire of the paying kid first, God forbid the kids play the same position and like the same school. In that case the paying customer will get the nod and the non paying customer will be convinced to look at a different school... Classic switcheroo.. YJ 101 …. Pay to paly and pay to reserve your line at the front and keep other non paying interested parties away...

you sound like you have seen this first hand; like the blood is fresh and the wound still stings.
Well I will continue to live my life by having my girls train the best trainer possible, and not because she has a blue and gold sweatshirt on. you only are hurting kids in the long run donating $$$ for the pay to play BS. the best trainers I have used and seen don't work for YJ. I want my kid to get better not get more time because she pays a trainer/coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you sound like you have seen this first hand; like the blood is fresh and the wound still stings.
Well I will continue to live my life by having my girls train the best trainer possible, and not because she has a blue and gold sweatshirt on. you only are hurting kids in the long run donating $$$ for the pay to play BS. the best trainers I have used and seen don't work for YJ. I want my kid to get better not get more time because she pays a trainer/coach.
The fact that you are saying the best girls on the team are from igloo shows you either know nothing about the team or your from igloo. The best kids on that team have been on the team at least 2 years running. 2 of the igloo are solid all around players ( 1defender 1mid) The others are good but not great. One is a selfish turnover machine (middy) and the other is like watching a cat on ice skates (attacker). In fact the current YJ teams makes the igloo kids better... True story

the selfish turnover machine is the who has been at YJ from the get go.... we all know that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good try! He took 5 that were from YJ 2023 and 1 Leg 2023. The YJ goalie and two top middies didn’t even try out last year. That would have brought it to 8-on a 2022-2023 roster! Still, 5-1. Nice try!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Despicable tactics? with does that even translate into. They had A team players wear Blue, B team players wear Yellow at the tryouts. That’s why your daughter didn’t make it? That “Despicable” tactic soured you so bad you moved your daughter to exile and now complain so much about it. You made your bed !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be an angry 2022 parent who is on the wrong thread. Neither 2023 coach trains anyone privately and those that do go to a trainer have not been negatively affected At All. Don’t project your situation on ours. YJ forces nothing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All this talk about the top teams on Long Island and the programs.
All are established and have a reputation YJ, TG, LEGACY.
The Jesters have not one girl committed to any school and their 23 team has two girls that will get serious looks THATS IT. Sorry just not buying the used car sales pitch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]All this talk about the top teams on Long Island and the programs.
All are established and have a reputation YJ, TG, LEGACY.
The Jesters have not one girl committed to any school and their 23 team has two girls that will get serious looks THATS IT. Sorry just not buying the used car sales pitch.

1 girl will get a serious look. The Jesters program next commit will be their first. Jesters coaches snake oil salesmen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters coach did NOT know who C.H. Is from Grizzlies, perhaps top player in the grade.
He put defensively poor middie on her too late instead of top defenders to face guard from beginning.
After the wheels came off, kept his daughter, new Jester LD and Leg girl at midfield almost entire second half. Then outrageously names those 3 plus the selfish shooting, yellow card drawing, man down causing Middie Was All-Tournament players! Wow. Talk about politics, cluelessness and shame! What a mess!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters coach did NOT know who C.H. Is from Grizzlies, perhaps top player in the grade.
He put defensively poor middie on her too late instead of top defenders to face guard from beginning.
After the wheels came off, kept his daughter, new Jester LD and Leg girl at midfield almost entire second half. Then outrageously names those 3 plus the selfish shooting, yellow card drawing, man down causing Middie Was All-Tournament players! Wow. Talk about politics, cluelessness and shame! What a mess!

Wow you really are a clown. And must not know anything about sports?? with did you do it your daughter do to enable you to talk like that. The girl who got the 2 yellows is the top middie on LI. has been and IS still! both cards were BS. second was a rocket in the upper corner from the outside.
The girls that made UA NR tournament team should be proud and they were deserved. Ohh wait is it because none came from the original Thorn team. 1 YJ B kid, 1 legacy, 2 Jesters and 2 igloo. Is that what you do; your daughter don’t make it and everyone knows who you are, and you take to the forum and criticize and belittle young girls?? you should be ashamed of yourself. Your daughter is a great player, stop ruining it for her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow you really are a clown. And must not know anything about sports?? with did you do it your daughter do to enable you to talk like that. The girl who got the 2 yellows is the top middie on LI. has been and IS still! both cards were BS. second was a rocket in the upper corner from the outside.
The girls that made UA NR tournament team should be proud and they were deserved. Ohh wait is it because none came from the original Thorn team. 1 YJ B kid, 1 legacy, 2 Jesters and 2 igloo. Is that what you do; your daughter don’t make it and everyone knows who you are, and you take to the forum and criticize and belittle young girls?? you should be ashamed of yourself. Your daughter is a great player, stop ruining it for her.

Best middie in LI??? If that’s true , LI is in big trouble! Open your eyes! Nobody showed up on that UA team with consistency. That’s what great, “best” players do. What they don’t do is make excuses, like you are. Sports have short memory, and right now I’m pretty sure that teams performance is something they’re hoping people will forget quickly. Now go sign your daughter up for some of those private YJ lessons!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters coach did NOT know who C.H. Is from Grizzlies, perhaps top player in the grade.

Why was that poor defensive middie even on the team? Another favor I assume

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Jesters coach did NOT know who C.H. Is from Grizzlies, perhaps top player in the grade.

Just stating facts and you know it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters coach did NOT know who C.H. Is from Grizzlies, perhaps top player in the grade.

You sound jealous the girls that made the all tournament team clearly deserved it. Be happy that Thorn selected your daughter to be on UA for some that was a gift.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best middie in LI??? If that’s true , LI is in big trouble! Open your eyes! Nobody showed up on that UA team with consistency. That’s what great, “best” players do. What they don’t do is make excuses, like you are. Sports have short memory, and right now I’m pretty sure that teams performance is something they’re hoping people will forget quickly. Now go sign your daughter up for some of those private YJ lessons!

Yes, and the LI girls on the all tournament team had me scratching my head. They weren’t even stat leaders. Guess they tried to spread it around, like a participation trophy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outsider here, but how can you people say they played horrible and made mistakes all over the place and at the same time say the starters clearly Deserved to make the All tournament team?

Seems players that made the least mistakes should have been in the stats on tourney machine. Your starters and middies in particular could “Not get it done” and they are the players picked? That seems weird!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outsider here, but how can you people say they played horrible and made mistakes all over the place and at the same time say the starters clearly Deserved to make the All tournament team?

Seems players that made the least mistakes should have been in the stats on tourney machine. Your starters and middies in particular could “Not get it done” and they are the players picked? That seems weird!

!!!!!!!!! Exactly!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your clueless jester coach did pick all tournament honors. Not like high school honors when a team gets so many honors n coaches pick who gets what.
You def never put a jock strap on. Stop living thru your kid.
All the kids that made it played well.
Get a life

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your clueless jester coach did pick all tournament honors. Not like high school honors when a team gets so many honors n coaches pick who gets what.
You def never put a jock strap on. Stop living thru your kid.
All the kids that made it played well.
Get a life

Have to disagree. None of the girls picked played well. They were selfish turnover machines. That’s why they lost badly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop with the stats. The girls picked ARE stat leaders but Tourny machine incorrect. Like previous stated. Stats not even close. Sideline workers winging it - missed most. Get over it. Watch the film if it’s of such great importance. Coaches don’t pick their own players. Only opponents players. Try again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Stop with the stats. The girls picked ARE stat leaders but Tourny machine incorrect. Like previous stated. Stats not even close. Sideline workers winging it - missed most. Get over it. Watch the film if it’s of such great importance. Coaches don’t pick their own players. Only opponents players. Try again.

The girls picked for the all tournament team is a great honor and the girls picked earned it with lights out game play. Be happy for the girls that made it. If your daughters work hard next year they will have an opportunity to make the all tournament team.

Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard