Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today! | NY Riptide Holiday Packs: 2 Season Tickets, 2 Sweatshirts, 2 Autographs and MORE – Just $159. Shop now at newyorkriptide.com
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 09:00 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 08:50 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 08:28 PM
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 08:10 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 06:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,148
Posts278,158
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 67 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 66 67
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
Anonymous #311666 10/09/20 09:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

BBL has a very strong program at the moment, however these things are cyclical, just ask Tri-State and Leading Edge. The trick is to survive the downside. LE is on a bit of a downswing, and Tri State looks to be trending a bit with the SHP kids. As far as not surviving the downswing, I think that Mad Dog NJ is a pretty good example. Jury is probably still out on clubs like Bluestar and Riot which seem to be growing at a steady pace, a couple of good teams in these programs, but they need a few more years of demonstrated consistency.
4 out of LE 6 2022 poles are going to Yale, Hoopkins, Loyola & UPenn and we are less than 40 days into the recruiting process. I hope they survive this downcycle.

impressive indeed!

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #311668 10/09/20 10:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge 2024 dropped 9 players coming into the fall season. Probably could have cut three others.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311696 10/09/20 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

BBL has a very strong program at the moment, however these things are cyclical, just ask Tri-State and Leading Edge. The trick is to survive the downside. LE is on a bit of a downswing, and Tri State looks to be trending a bit with the SHP kids. As far as not surviving the downswing, I think that Mad Dog NJ is a pretty good example. Jury is probably still out on clubs like Bluestar and Riot which seem to be growing at a steady pace, a couple of good teams in these programs, but they need a few more years of demonstrated consistency.
4 out of LE 6 2022 poles are going to Yale, Hoopkins, Loyola & UPenn and we are less than 40 days into the recruiting process. I hope they survive this downcycle.

The discussion is about the strength of the club, not recruiting success. The strength of a club has nothing to do with talented players being recruited, they are simply good players who would have been recruited by those schools no matter what club they played for. If you look at the wins/losses for the LE 2023s and 2024s, that is a downswing for LE as a club. That being said, the top kids on those teams will still get recruited to great schools, but playing for LE will not be the reason.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311704 10/09/20 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I heard that LE will basically recruit whoever from another state, even fly those in (if someone on track for D1). I get it to some point to hold up their reputation.

So do big cuts from 2025 then going into 8th?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311803 10/11/20 12:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I heard that LE will basically recruit whoever from another state, even fly those in (if someone on track for D1). I get it to some point to hold up their reputation.

So do big cuts from 2025 then going into 8th?

Yes, usually.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #311843 10/12/20 07:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

The discussion is about the strength of the club, not recruiting success. The strength of a club has nothing to do with talented players being recruited, they are simply good players who would have been recruited by those schools no matter what club they played for. If you look at the wins/losses for the LE 2023s and 2024s, that is a downswing for LE as a club. That being said, the top kids on those teams will still get recruited to great schools, but playing for LE will not be the reason.
That might be one of the most ridiculous post. "Simply good players who would have been recruited by those schools no matter what club they played for." Ask the good players that played for Mad Dog National how that turned out?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311870 10/12/20 10:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

That might be one of the most ridiculous post. "Simply good players who would have been recruited by those schools no matter what club they played for." Ask the good players that played for Mad Dog National how that turned out?

Wow, you just topped the most ridiculous post with "The" most ridiculous post..... MD National 2021: Penn (2) (1 being a decommit from Syracuse), Harvard (2), Villanova, Robert Morris, High Point (plus a handful of top D3 schools...MD National 2022 Syracuse, Ohio State, Georgetown, Utah

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311911 10/12/20 04:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

It's really after the 2022s where the decline is happening.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311975 10/13/20 10:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

Yes, that was my earlier point, but the LE kool-aid has not worn off for some people yet. There was a time when the majority of the top players in NJ were on LE teams, this is simply not the case anymore, especially with the 2023s and 2024s. LE definitely has some great players, but in recent years, they have not attracted all of the top talent in NJ. Unlike the past, they simply cannot expect that they are going to get all of the best players simply because they are LE. Players have found a lot of success with other programs in the state.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312083 10/14/20 03:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

Yes, that was my earlier point, but the LE kool-aid has not worn off for some people yet. There was a time when the majority of the top players in NJ were on LE teams, this is simply not the case anymore, especially with the 2023s and 2024s. LE definitely has some great players, but in recent years, they have not attracted all of the top talent in NJ. Unlike the past, they simply cannot expect that they are going to get all of the best players simply because they are LE. Players have found a lot of success with other programs in the state.
What club does the RFH kid that's going to Yale play for?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312103 10/15/20 06:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

What club does the RFH kid that's going to Yale play for?
Parents must have drank alot of kool-aid!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312114 10/15/20 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, that was my earlier point, but the LE kool-aid has not worn off for some people yet. There was a time when the majority of the top players in NJ were on LE teams, this is simply not the case anymore, especially with the 2023s and 2024s. LE definitely has some great players, but in recent years, they have not attracted all of the top talent in NJ. Unlike the past, they simply cannot expect that they are going to get all of the best players simply because they are LE. Players have found a lot of success with other programs in the state.[/quote]
What club does the RFH kid that's going to Yale play for?[/quote]
Parents must have drank alot of kool-aid![/quote]

I'm sure that he will love Yale, as will his new teammates from Tri-State, Bluestar and Riot...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312133 10/15/20 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club does the RFH kid that's going to Yale play for?[/quote]
Parents must have drank alot of kool-aid![/quote]

I'm sure that he will love Yale, as will his new teammates from Tri-State, Bluestar and Riot...[/quote]
Jersey Strong!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312828 10/21/20 11:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE 2026 11 out of 21 guys.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312988 10/22/20 07:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE 2026 11 out of 21 guys.

What does this mean LE 2026 11 out of 21 guys.

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 67 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 66 67
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard