BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree! Same for my daughter. She ended up having more club practices than a normal spring/summer because of school being virtual in the spring and she participated in her normal tournament schedule (4 summer tournaments). Some were condensed into 1 day vs 2 but still had the same number of games per tournament. It was one of the only "normal" things of our summer - even while wearing a mask on the sideline which is totally fine with me as long as it allowed it to happen. This thread is old news.

I cannot believe this thread is still going. In the time it started, my son has practiced weekly, played 4 tournaments already had tryouts and we are planning fall.

I love love all of your pro-club comments!!! Glad you got your money’s worth!!! It was most definitely worth the hassle and money spent.

The city of Danbury in Connecticut is facing a “serious outbreak” of the coronavirus, officials warned Friday as they urged residents to stay home.

“This is a serious outbreak in Danbury and we really need an all hands on deck approach,” Acting DPH Commissioner Deidre S. Gifford said in a statement.

From Aug. 2-20, the city recorded 178 new cases of the virus, compared to 40 over the previous two weeks.

Health officials are blaming the outbreak on outdoor barbecues, travel and youth sports, which have been cancelled over the uptick.
You bunch of ignorant self centered, self absorbed fools!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree! Same for my daughter. She ended up having more club practices than a normal spring/summer because of school being virtual in the spring and she participated in her normal tournament schedule (4 summer tournaments). Some were condensed into 1 day vs 2 but still had the same number of games per tournament. It was one of the only "normal" things of our summer - even while wearing a mask on the sideline which is totally fine with me as long as it allowed it to happen. This thread is old news.

I cannot believe this thread is still going. In the time it started, my son has practiced weekly, played 4 tournaments already had tryouts and we are planning fall.

I love love all of your pro-club comments!!! Glad you got your money’s worth!!! It was most definitely worth the hassle and money spent.

The city of Danbury in Connecticut is facing a “serious outbreak” of the coronavirus, officials warned Friday as they urged residents to stay home.

“This is a serious outbreak in Danbury and we really need an all hands on deck approach,” Acting DPH Commissioner Deidre S. Gifford said in a statement.

From Aug. 2-20, the city recorded 178 new cases of the virus, compared to 40 over the previous two weeks.

Health officials are blaming the outbreak on outdoor barbecues, travel and youth sports, which have been cancelled over the uptick.

so you are saying that somehow, people that traveled there, played lacrosse for a game or two and then went home spread it to the community there? then on top of it, there has been no other team or club outbreaks or "clusters" reported from those that were actually attending the event. let not forget all the baseball, softball, soccer, etc games going on too, but blame it on the lax people. get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son didn't make any teams. Plenty of solid rec programs to catch on with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps the “outbreak” are really false positives. Seems like that the new in vogue going on. Are they hospital cases? Are they on respirators? Or are they asymptomatic that according to WHO can’t transmit either. Just wondering. Seems like a lot of people yelling about much they know little about.

If you want to live in fear, go right ahead, please stay shuttered inside. Leave those who want a normal life alone. See you in November.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your son didn't make any teams. Plenty of solid rec programs to catch on with.

Bro, you so got them. Not everyone can hang with us. They obviously aren't willing to sacrifice to be the best. Sorry if they don't want to hear the truth, but lets be honest bro, not everyone is D1 material. We sacrifice all of our weekends, all year round, and thousands of dollars, and family time because our kids love to play and they are D1 material. I wouldn't even be on this forum if my kid weren't so incredibly driven to succeed on his own. It is just so sick. I will link his bio and recruiting film shortly. In case you were wondering he is a 4.0 coaches dream- does all of the huddle things coaches are looking for.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you actually blame club lacrosse for this? Hilarious. In the 7 years my daughter has played club lax, I’ve never once attended a tournament in Danbury, CT. This type of fear mongering is part of the problem.

Perhaps the “outbreak” are really false positives. Seems like that the new in vogue going on. Are they hospital cases? Are they on respirators? Or are they asymptomatic that according to WHO can’t transmit either. Just wondering. Seems like a lot of people yelling about much they know little about.

If you want to live in fear, go right ahead, please stay shuttered inside. Leave those who want a normal life alone. See you in November.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And you actually blame club lacrosse for this? Hilarious. In the 7 years my daughter has played club lax, I’ve never once attended a tournament in Danbury, CT. This type of fear mongering is part of the problem.

Ignorant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bro, you so got them. Not everyone can hang with us. They obviously aren't willing to sacrifice to be the best. Sorry if they don't want to hear the truth, but lets be honest bro, not everyone is D1 material. We sacrifice all of our weekends, all year round, and thousands of dollars, and family time because our kids love to play and they are D1 material. I wouldn't even be on this forum if my kid weren't so incredibly driven to succeed on his own. It is just so sick. I will link his bio and recruiting film shortly. In case you were wondering he is a 4.0 coaches dream- does all of the huddle things coaches are looking for.

Fish on..bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess what they are not blaming?

https://patch.com/connecticut/danbury/danbury-readies-3rd-black-lives-matter-protest-friday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAS CLUB TUTION INCREASED THIS YEAR ??

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course they have. Even with credits from last year my kids is a little more expensive. Might be because he is getting older and costs go up due to recruiting tournaments but the answer is yes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wish my cost of living wage increase like Lax Tuition yr after yr.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had a disagreement over money with the Director of my kid’s lacrosse club. I did a little digging on him and was surprised what I found. Some of these guys brag about their Wall Street careers- so I checked this guy out. I was surprised (but not) on what was publicly available on this guy on Finra BrokerCheck (you can search the licenses of brokers and former brokers to see disciplinary records, lawsuits, etc).

What I found out about this guy explained exactly why he and I had a problem. If your Director is a former broker, check him out. Know who you are dealing with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club? Best part is we can continue this ridiculous rebate argument for the next 8 months all over again....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Lacrosse will get shut down soon. Dont pay in full and be wise not like last time you all talked but ran right back to the same tactics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had a disagreement over money with the Director of my kid’s lacrosse club. I did a little digging on him and was surprised what I found. Some of these guys brag about their Wall Street careers- so I checked this guy out. I was surprised (but not) on what was publicly available on this guy on Finra BrokerCheck (you can search the licenses of brokers and former brokers to see disciplinary records, lawsuits, etc).

What I found out about this guy explained exactly why he and I had a problem. If your Director is a former broker, check him out. Know who you are dealing with.

Give us a hint which club . They are shadyyyy. So done with this . People still running out of state for tournaments to olay other NY teams .... lolol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club? Best part is we can continue this ridiculous rebate argument for the next 8 months all over again....

Its not my place to name names. I did my homework and now I know this guy was thrown out of the securities industry for not meeting his end of an Customer arbitration for more than $1MM. He was found guilty of fraud and breach of fiduciary responsibility. Very serious stuff- and assuming he couldnt make his client whole, he walked and started over with a clean slate selling D1 dreams.

This is America, and everyone has a right to a fresh start I guess. I am just saying- if the info is out there, know who you are dealing with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what is ridiculous about this side of the argument. If you pay for something in advance, but don’t receive it, don’t you get a refund? Is that a ridiculous expectation? It is this simply whomever has the gold makes the rules?

I bet the IRS would love to take a look at a few if these guys...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unethical wall street salesmen (and that is all they are- they have no great product expertise- there skill is gaining your confidence) trade a hunting ground where they are regulated out of business for one where there is NO regulation... sounds like a perfect recipe for fraud...

Of which many of you, including myself, were victims this summer. Shame on you for being willing victims yet again.

One other trick- all of these D1 players they claim...see how many actually came up through the program and how many spent a year of HS with them (often on “scholarship” to help them pad their marketing).

Buyer beware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unethical wall street salesmen (and that is all they are- they have no great product expertise- there skill is gaining your confidence) trade a hunting ground where they are regulated out of business for one where there is NO regulation... sounds like a perfect recipe for fraud...

Of which many of you, including myself, were victims this summer. Shame on you for being willing victims yet again.

One other trick- all of these D1 players they claim...see how many actually came up through the program and how many spent a year of HS with them (often on “scholarship” to help them pad their marketing).

Buyer beware.

Buyer beware.

Nailed it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club gave us a generous $150 refund. But coincidentally raised the price this year by $500. What a bummer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what is ridiculous about this side of the argument. If you pay for something in advance, but don’t receive it, don’t you get a refund? Is that a ridiculous expectation? It is this simply whomever has the gold makes the rules?

I bet the IRS would love to take a look at a few if these guys...

Next time pay with PayPal, they refund for goods not received!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expose them cats out of the bag .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Expose them cats out of the bag .

I might but I could see this guy turning around and suing me. I really don’t need that right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing wrong with suggesting people do a background check on a certain club along with its directors and coaches. We have the right as consumers to be informed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happen to Athlete Zone in St. James try calling and website down . Place had all around great training durning the week , shooting , goalie F/O ???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happen to Athlete Zone in St. James try calling and website down . Place had all around great training durning the week , shooting , goalie F/O ???

Athlete Zone closed down, they lost their lease.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good. That place was an absolute dump

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And many people lost money from pre paid clinic packages .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they stole everyone’s money .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wasn't the Bandits kids dad running that place?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm owed 10 lessons! Someone told me the guy who ran the place, kid plays on the Turtles. I'm going to see him for a refund.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks dad. Go see him. You can find him running up and down the Jersey turnpike.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Annapolis Hawks dad. Go see him. You can find him running up and down the Jersey turnpike.

2 Smithtown dads ran the place with the Marble Notebook keeping track . Im owed 3 . 3 x $40 = $120 give me $80 call it even .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That ship has sailed. Directors already asking for money up front for winter sessions that may never happen. They didn't lose a dime last season yet they want you to assume all the risk. Buyers beware Covid isn't over for a long time. HS kids may never see a field this year. Sad reality. All the while director keep pushing their product and crying poverty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't know the other shady guy, I knew BR. So, BR stole my money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone reach out to them? See what happened? Are they looking to reopen? They seemed like stand up guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone reach out to them? See what happened? Are they looking to reopen? They seemed like stand up guys.
Yes tried to reach out . Nothinnnnng . No response. Spent alot of money at the Athlete zone with my older guy now playing D3 and my 9th grader now. They never said a word just closed up shop. Bad business. Years ago was different guys were running it , since BR and bandit f/o dad ran it saw it shady . Both sons faceoffs kids . BR has 2 kids on turtles. 1 F/O on 2025 . Dad is a worm. Both Smithtown schools .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard yesterday that a coach is positive for Covid and here it is the next day and the club has not notified they families. They were at a tournament last Sunday too.

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 28 1 2 24 25 26 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard