BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what’s your real issue? Is it that your kid didn’t make the team? Neither did mine but we both know the Keaters coach didn’t out that roster together. One club controls that and everyone knows it. Is it that the tribe has played together for the summer and fall? You could have put a team together for your daughter too. Mine did! Or is it that you are just miserable and can’t stand to see these girls outside of the traditional clubs have any success? Jesters is a good solid club. There kids are well trained and conditioned and somehow they manage to keep it fun and positive!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’m guessing your princess didn’t make it!!!! Lmfao

Rather my daughter not make it, than one of the girls who did, but shouldn’t have. You know the ones I’m talking about. The ones who didn’t score one point, turned the ball over, lost draws. Should I go on? Sorry I’m calling out your daughter, but if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem! Maybe she was in a little over her head? It’s what happens when there’s a political agenda. Everyone loses

Rather my daughter not make it, than one of the girls who did, but shouldn’t have. You know the ones I’m talking about. The ones who didn’t score one point, turned the ball over, lost draws. Should I go on? Sorry I’m calling out your daughter, but if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem! Maybe she was in a little over her head? It’s what happens when there’s a political agenda. Everyone loses

I will end that on your daughter didn’t make it lmfao!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jesters coach was an embarrassment. He was SCREAMING at 15 year old girls on top of his lungs at a showcase tournament. He was frustrated because his go to pressure defense got completely torched by the CT team. I'm sure that works when you are playing some Micky Mouse travel clubs, but not when you are playing kids of the caliber of Baltimore and CONNY. Oh and BTW after yelling at the kids all just shut down. He is only interested in his daughter like every other slimy daddy coach on Long Island whether it be from the Jesters or YJ. The words team concept have no place on those teams and until that changes winning at a consistent rate will also have no place on those teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said, A complete reset is needed. Stop working on shooting and stick skills and work on their minds. They need to be reprogrammed mentally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank goodness she didn’t who would want to have been a part of that embarrassing mess! I lmfao too, when you got beat down by Grizzlies and then had to drive 8 hours home with a big L on your forehead! Fun times!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The jesters coach was an embarrassment. He was SCREAMING at 15 year old girls on top of his lungs at a showcase tournament. He was frustrated because his go to pressure defense got completely torched by the CT team. I'm sure that works when you are playing some Micky Mouse travel clubs, but not when you are playing kids of the caliber of Baltimore and CONNY. Oh and BTW after yelling at the kids all just shut down. He is only interested in his daughter like every other slimy daddy coach on Long Island whether it be from the Jesters or YJ. The words team concept have no place on those teams and until that changes winning at a consistent rate will also have no place on those teams.

You are almost correct here. Yes the screaming was
A little intense and totally inappropriate, but the pressure defense actually worked with Connecticut once they started using it.
Either way not a good look but I feel bad for the girls they worked hard to be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The jesters coach was an embarrassment. He was SCREAMING at 15 year old girls on top of his lungs at a showcase tournament. He was frustrated because his go to pressure defense got completely torched by the CT team. I'm sure that works when you are playing some Micky Mouse travel clubs, but not when you are playing kids of the caliber of Baltimore and CONNY. Oh and BTW after yelling at the kids all just shut down. He is only interested in his daughter like every other slimy daddy coach on Long Island whether it be from the Jesters or YJ. The words team concept have no place on those teams and until that changes winning at a consistent rate will also have no place on those teams.

CR should be embarrassed that she left the Jesters Coach in charge. The guy clearly has no clue and only took the coaching spot so his daughter would make the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The jesters coach was an embarrassment. He was SCREAMING at 15 year old girls on top of his lungs at a showcase tournament. He was frustrated because his go to pressure defense got completely torched by the CT team. I'm sure that works when you are playing some Micky Mouse travel clubs, but not when you are playing kids of the caliber of Baltimore and CONNY. Oh and BTW after yelling at the kids all just shut down. He is only interested in his daughter like every other slimy daddy coach on Long Island whether it be from the Jesters or YJ. The words team concept have no place on those teams and until that changes winning at a consistent rate will also have no place on those teams.

The same Dad Coach was a lunatic when Legacy beat Jesters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank goodness she didn’t who would want to have been a part of that embarrassing mess! I lmfao too, when you got beat down by Grizzlies and then had to drive 8 hours home with a big L on your forehead! Fun times!

Not fun yes but still part of the show. Probably about as much fun as you driving home from jersey knowing your daughter is garbage!!!!!’

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Typically a coach will make an adjustment in a lacrosse game before it get to 9-0. The other team was in basically stall mode and killing clock. basically only taking layups if they were there. Maybe he should have face guarded that one CT girl but why should I second guess the Jesters coach because as I have read here he is awesome. If he didn't know anything about that kid, then he was the only one in the complex who didn't .. Coaches prepare before and during the game. He did neither. The CT team just showed mercy. it was an butt kicking FULL STOP

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is a case this weekend at Cantiague park. Looks like a good deal. Not too $. Maybe good for some film?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So...with all the failures, who will be the UA coaches next summer when it counts? Maybe time for TG coaches to take a stab? Nothing to lose, and it's about time LI brings home a championship! Shannon Smith??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CR should be embarrassed that she left the Jesters Coach in charge. The guy clearly has no clue and only took the coaching spot so his daughter would make the team.

CR should be concerned about why her own team underperformed! Time for a change!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wait - who is surprised that Becky Thorn wasn't there? Please don't tell me someone was surprised by this. Why would CR care who coaches? Did someone cut her a check? No. Did YJ girls make the team? Yes. So, why should she care? She doesn't care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So...with all the failures, who will be the UA coaches next summer when it counts? Maybe time for TG coaches to take a stab? Nothing to lose, and it's about time LI brings home a championship! Shannon Smith??

The top gun team that literally is afraid to play any other Long Island team????? Who is losing players?????
Yea should be great!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG coaches selected in past - was 10times worse. completely pushing TG girls. talk about greasin the wheel. TG wrote the book on BS at UA. they re the last guys you want evalauting. look at their 2020 and 2021 teams all the good ones left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
23 TG folks talking to other teams bc TG coaching stinks. TG parents ask about the competition to see if they want to jump. I would take jester directors and Yj coaches any day. wish levy was coaching 23 legacy. if he is look out he is a solid coach. but best coach on LI is Liberty owner. knows how to win but need tough skin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The top gun team that literally is afraid to play any other Long Island team????? Who is losing players?????
Yea should be great!

Who are they afraid to play??? Pretty sure they have beaten all of you clowns! They lost one player, but team is deep and 3 starters will be returning in the spring , so no worries there. As for TG coaching UA, your telling me that these coaches from YJ, Legacy and Jesters have done better after stacking teams with their players??? Nothing less than a championship is acceptable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So...with all the failures, who will be the UA coaches next summer when it counts? Maybe time for TG coaches to take a stab? Nothing to lose, and it's about time LI brings home a championship! Shannon Smith??

Yea should be great![

Yes TG are afraid that’s why they are always in the top bracket of every tournament. YJ on the other hand have always ducked competition and Jesters they are a town team. Jesters are in a B bracket at Primetime avoiding competition playing Nems and Aim, lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Big “L” on the forehead had already been taken-by you & your daughter for Not making the team. It must be so frustrating. The girls that made it seem to be at least 7-1 when it comes to their amazing trickery. Yes, seems these Same girls, over & over & over & over again have successfully tricked their youth team coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked their travel clubs into thinking they are elite. Tricked Your varsity coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked the Under Armor coaches, including Levy last year (who took only 1 Legacy girl himself) into thinking they are elite. Tricked Newsday, Back of The cage And Inside Lacrosse into thinking they are elite. Only one they couldn’t trick was You- the know nothing, angry, resentful lacrosse parent.
Ride home was great. No lacrosse discussed. Best quality time going to dinner and talking with my daughter is Invaluable. So, if you Never get to experience the Chesapeake Bridge & Tunnel with this daughter of yours....I hope you get to see it in your own life, when you have one, as it is beautiful.
Maybe you can continue to live vicariously through us or one of your other children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The Big “L” on the forehead had already been taken-by you & your daughter for Not making the team. It must be so frustrating. The girls that made it seem to be at least 7-1 when it comes to their amazing trickery. Yes, seems these Same girls, over & over & over & over again have successfully tricked their youth team coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked their travel clubs into thinking they are elite. Tricked Your varsity coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked the Under Armor coaches, including Levy last year (who took only 1 Legacy girl himself) into thinking they are elite. Tricked Newsday, Back of The cage And Inside Lacrosse into thinking they are elite. Only one they couldn’t trick was You- the know nothing, angry, resentful lacrosse parent.
Ride home was great. No lacrosse discussed. Best quality time going to dinner and talking with my daughter is Invaluable. So, if you Never get to experience the Chesapeake Bridge & Tunnel with this daughter of yours....I hope you get to see it in your own life, when you have one, as it is beautiful.
Maybe you can continue to live vicariously through us or one of your other children.

The only trick here was the Jesters Dad coach tricking you into thinking he knew a thing about lacrosse and got totally outcoached. The results on the field speak for themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody was beating CONNY command team this year, and you can pencil them into the final game again next year at the Highlight level. They have a once a decade type player on the team who can get it done.
The quality of the Baltimore coaches always shines through at these all-star events, they have a nice system, they practice it and all the kids buy in, it can be beaten but it takes a perfect game which are hard to come by.
I watched the UA Highlight final game, LI had 1 coach to Baltimore's 3.. hard to make adjustments and substitutions all by yourself, As always LI depends on raw talent not plays or system.. until that changes the results will be the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair. But did you even know that CONNY got Blown out in every aspect by Baltimore in the first game only to beat them 8-5 later that same day and win it all. If you have been around long enough, you’d know there are bad games & good games. Bad days & good days. Learning from it and Turning the page is a life lesson.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fair. But did you even know that CONNY got Blown out in every aspect by Baltimore in the first game only to beat them 8-5 later that same day and win it all. If you have been around long enough, you’d know there are bad games & good games. Bad days & good days. Learning from it and Turning the page is a life lesson.

I actually did know that, although I didn't see the game and I was curious if it was a little gamesmanship on behalf on CONNY as the exact opposite happened last year in the command division.. CONNY surprised Balt in an early round. but the Balt coaches, to their credit found a way to beat them in the semi final, and then Balt knocked off a more rested LI team in the final game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Big “L” on the forehead had already been taken-by you & your daughter for Not making the team. It must be so frustrating. The girls that made it seem to be at least 7-1 when it comes to their amazing trickery. Yes, seems these Same girls, over & over & over & over again have successfully tricked their youth team coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked their travel clubs into thinking they are elite. Tricked Your varsity coaches into thinking they are elite. Tricked the Under Armor coaches, including Levy last year (who took only 1 Legacy girl himself) into thinking they are elite. Tricked Newsday, Back of The cage And Inside Lacrosse into thinking they are elite. Only one they couldn’t trick was You- the know nothing, angry, resentful lacrosse parent.

Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I actually did know that, although I didn't see the game and I was curious if it was a little gamesmanship on behalf on CONNY as the exact opposite happened last year in the command division.. CONNY surprised Balt in an early round. but the Balt coaches, to their credit found a way to beat them in the semi final, and then Balt knocked off a more rested LI team in the final game.

I was there last year and that was a tough loss to Baltimore as LI played down a girl for 7 straight minutes. LI blew everyone out in pool play then beat a solid Philly team to suffer their first and only loss to a 2 loss Baltimore team, I tip my hat off to baltimore as I felt LI had much more talent, but Baltimore found a way to win the title....much respect.
This year the team was loaded with talent but as we know that didnt translate the way we planned. The facts are this, yes they came up short and the results were not what we wanted, but its sad that every parent whose kid got cut or was too scared to tryout was cheering and laughing about the losses. Hey at least we were there in the fight, while you rooted at home against these girls.
I wont make any excuses as we came up short again but it was a great experience. Do yourselves a favor and stop making excuses why your daughter didnt make the team.... you sound like a whiner and apples dont fall far from trees. Sad your consolation is to rip on the girls who did make the team to make you feel better about yours not being good enough to overcome all the 'politics' lol.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island teams play a completely different lacrosse game then the Baltimore/Md teams. LI is dependent on individual players basically looking to dodge and go to goal, and there are a good number of girls who can do that against most of the teams out there. But then they encounter these high level defenses and get completely shut down and really have no idea what to do. The Md teams play a much better brand of lacrosse, not even close. Lots of ball movement, off ball player movement, cutting and feeds and quick stick goals. I am from LI, but love watching these Md teams play, it is flat out just much better lacrosse than our girls play. We get to watch our LI girls try over and over to force the ball on a dodge, most often losing the ball and in the best case scenario they get fouled by one of the three defenders they are trying to individually take on. Ugly LI lacrosse, but that is what nearly all the LI clubs teach these kids, clear out for Becky and let her go to goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there last year and that was a tough loss to Baltimore as LI played down a girl for 7 straight minutes. LI blew everyone out in pool play then beat a solid Philly team to suffer their first and only loss to a 2 loss Baltimore team, I tip my hat off to baltimore as I felt LI had much more talent, but Baltimore found a way to win the title....much respect.
This year the team was loaded with talent but as we know that didnt translate the way we planned. The facts are this, yes they came up short and the results were not what we wanted, but its sad that every parent whose kid got cut or was too scared to tryout was cheering and laughing about the losses. Hey at least we were there in the fight, while you rooted at home against these girls.
I wont make any excuses as we came up short again but it was a great experience. Do yourselves a favor and stop making excuses why your daughter didnt make the team.... you sound like a whiner and apples dont fall far from trees. Sad your consolation is to rip on the girls who did make the team to make you feel better about yours not being good enough to overcome all the 'politics' lol.

Wow. A lot of bloviating. Maybe they lost because the players picked are not the best players even though your little Suzy made the team since you paid the vig.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You said it better, but those are the thoughts I was trying to convey above..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody was beating CONNY command team this year, and you can pencil them into the final game again next year at the Highlight level. They have a once a decade type player on the team who can get it done.
The quality of the Baltimore coaches always shines through at these all-star events, they have a nice system, they practice it and all the kids buy in, it can be beaten but it takes a perfect game which are hard to come by.
I watched the UA Highlight final game, LI had 1 coach to Baltimore's 3.. hard to make adjustments and substitutions all by yourself, As always LI depends on raw talent not plays or system.. until that changes the results will be the same.

Baltimore and LI both had 2 coaches in the Highlight finals. Baltimore proved they were the superior team throughout the regional and championships. LI barely got by NJ while Baltimore beat them 14-7. Baltimore controlled the draws in their games and their defense just didn't give up a lot of quality chances. There's a reason they've won the highlight division the last 2 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you keep comparing the LI style of lacrosse to MD when you didn't even play MD and MD lost in the big game.. Seems to me that the teams with similar styles played in the National Championship and the team that won had the best style.. There is parity in lacrosse now folks and local area needs to adjust their minds to that and quite frankly their styles of play. The days of Long Island travel dominance is over. Thug ball doesn't work against higher talent. I think that was evident in the UA tournament. The better teams play like teams ….plain and simple. There needs to be a wider net casted on Long Island and more travels teams should be represented. We should have a Long Island ONLY tournament and settle this once and for all. You have Legacy, TG, YJ and the Jesters simply play for a LI travel championship and call it a day. It will never happen because money and politics have corrupted the whole system and what you have left is what everyone saw in Virginia.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have our share of clubs in Maryland who's philosophy is the same you're describing in LI: handful of players try to dodge force a goal, most of the time they get shut down and lose ball. Extra special touch they encourage players to "fall" in attempt draw foul. Sadly some of those club coaches also coach HS and encourage said sloppy behavior and I'm embarrassed for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First everyone is not making excuses for not making the team. The ones that are, are 100% entitled to their frustration with the process. It seems that every year YJ has a coach, and then the second switches to someone else. I get that YJ is a traditionally strong/top LI program, but not in this age group. I am pretty sure everyone agrees on that. Last year there were a bunch of Legacy girls, when their coach was working it. This year it was Jesters. TG was snubbed. How would everyone feel if next year there is a TG coach and that person loads the team with their players? It diminishes the tryout and event in general. This bias is horrible for the moral of the girls, and breeds anger and contempt in the parents.There are several strong and competitive programs on LI. They really should be all equally represented. No doubt that way too many YJ girls get pushed through first round every year. Some deserved, some not so much. Now you might understand why so many were routing against this LI team, and they didn't disappoint there. Moving forward, there needs to be a better, fair way to evaluate the girls. The top 5-6 we know will make it because they are normally consistent, but anyone can have a bad tryout, even a great player, but they always seem to be pushed through, I'm ok with that. If you don't want people slamming this UA team for an embarrassing showing, then UA needs to do better in the evaluation process. The girls that didn't make the team due to the politics are over it, but you need to understand that it is sweet revenge seeing that team fail miserably.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Minor correction to above regarding number of Leg girls last year. The same one who made it this year also made it last year. There was an additional Leg girl added to roster last year due to an injury. So only two Leg girls were rostered last summer.

Should have been more! Just as deserving

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last year there were no YJ coaches. It was the Legacy Director/Coach Levy last year. If he “snubbed” TG and only took 1 Legacy girl (2nd one due to injury aside)-then who did HE take on the team? If not TG and His Own Legacy...who did he take and why?
That had nothing to do with YJ owner or coaches or players or or parents or politics.
Who did he take & why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Last year there were no YJ coaches. It was the Legacy Director/Coach Levy last year. If he “snubbed” TG and only took 1 Legacy girl (2nd one due to injury aside)-then who did HE take on the team? If not TG and His Own Legacy...who did he take and why?
That had nothing to do with YJ owner or coaches or players or or parents or politics.
Who did he take & why?

It’s not nice to call YJ director Bertolone a nobody he was there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First everyone is not making excuses for not making the team. The ones that are, are 100% entitled to their frustration with the process. It seems that every year YJ has a coach, and then the second switches to someone else. I get that YJ is a traditionally strong/top LI program, but not in this age group. I am pretty sure everyone agrees on that. Last year there were a bunch of Legacy girls, when their coach was working it. This year it was Jesters. TG was snubbed. How would everyone feel if next year there is a TG coach and that person loads the team with their players? It diminishes the tryout and event in general. This bias is horrible for the moral of the girls, and breeds anger and contempt in the parents.There are several strong and competitive programs on LI. They really should be all equally represented. No doubt that way too many YJ girls get pushed through first round every year. Some deserved, some not so much. Now you might understand why so many were routing against this LI team, and they didn't disappoint there. Moving forward, there needs to be a better, fair way to evaluate the girls. The top 5-6 we know will make it because they are normally consistent, but anyone can have a bad tryout, even a great player, but they always seem to be pushed through, I'm ok with that. If you don't want people slamming this UA team for an embarrassing showing, then UA needs to do better in the evaluation process. The girls that didn't make the team due to the politics are over it, but you need to understand that it is sweet revenge seeing that team fail miserably.

Almost if not every evaluator for the highlight division was A YJ coach. They knew who they were taking before it started. Ask the girls because they were discussing it That’s par for the course and most expected it. Buy don’t pretend that it’s not a fix And a shame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Decent analysis. But to conclude UA needs to do better is off the mark. With YJ director and coaches involved it will not change. YJ recruits based on their ability to push marginal players onto select teams. Parents know this and pay the vig so daughters can add these selections to their bio. Read the threads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Fair. But did you even know that CONNY got Blown out in every aspect by Baltimore in the first game only to beat them 8-5 later that same day and win it all. If you have been around long enough, you’d know there are bad games & good games. Bad days & good days. Learning from it and Turning the page is a life lesson.

Decent analysis. But to conclude UA needs to do better is off the mark. With YJ director and coaches involved it will not change. YJ recruits based on their ability to push marginal players onto select teams. Parents know this and pay the vig so daughters can add these selections to their bio. Read the threads.

The problem for the girls with the great bios. When a coach comes to scout weather its in a game or at a camp and the performance doesn't match the resume you are scratched off the list. With a lot of hype comes a lot of expectations.

Page 5 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard