Anonymous #312842 10/21/20 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"[ChillLaxin]. BTW, For the most part High School Accolades mean nothing so not sure why some want to keep carrying on about them or lack of them. With the exception of Under Armour Senior All American and the US Lacrosse 8 or 9 from Nassau, Suffolk and other Hot Bed Areas its all BS as there are simply too many to count. This has nothing to do with player or parents. It is about the people who selected the players. It is very hard to see the justification in this selection but to those who want to knock the player you are way off base."
As Joe Biden would say "come on man". People are talking about high school accolades because that is all this player has . How is it way off base to knock one of the main actors in this obviously unethical scheme ,you want to get selected for a women's team that you obviously have no business being selected for there is going to be some negative attention. In Nassau and Suffolk I believe US lax AA is more of an honor than UA senior AA as the selection is made by coaches who actually know the players , yes politics involved in both .

Did you quote Joe Biden oh wow

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #312844 10/21/20 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I am sure many have heard a few Ivy league have announced NO winter sports I have a feeling that this will soon apply to spring sports as well what a complete mess this will be

I agree. ;0(

Agree There will not be an Ivy season maybe not one for anyone[/quote]

Daughters fall ball practices shut down most likely for semester. Many schools not doing anything I am really starting to believe we will not have a Spring season of any type

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312845 10/21/20 12:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=baldbear]I’m very involved in the collegiate aspect of lacrosse. I’m also pessimistic about SUNY as I have seen how they operate with regards to collegiate sports. You can throw the budget and spreadsheets in the trash can. SUNY has a $900 million shortfall to fill and the governor has given each school a directive to cut their costs. Albany and Stony Brook have the two biggest shortfalls. They haven’t announced how they are going to cut their budgets but I have a “feeling” sports MAY be part of the process.

Stony Brook University spent $8,210,055 on men's teams and received $3,643,116 in revenue. On average, Stony Brook University gave male athletes $9,751 in sports related student aid.

There are 8 head coaches for men's teams. On average they make $135,748. They are supported by 24 assistant coaches who earn $47,924 on average.

Stony Brook University spent $4,799,904 on women's teams and received $1,350,420 in revenue. On average, Stony Brook University gave female athletes $11,927 in sports related student aid.

There are 8 head coaches for women's teams. They make, on average, $79,794. They are supported by 15 assistant coaches who earn, on average, $32,844.

If you are president of the university these are net-negative numbers. As a positive aside, the women are getting more funding than the men.

Good discussion. As I’m sure you read SBU will have football with a CAA schedule in the spring. Leads one to believe that CAA will have conference games. College sports ....Bottom line all lose money for their respective school. Their function is not to make money. There may/will be cutbacks. But I disagree with your initial premiss that the sky is falling and no SUNY sports for another year.

As I am sure many have heard a few Ivy league have announced NO winter sports I have a feeling that this will soon apply to spring sports as well what a complete mess this will be
Not getting better

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312850 10/21/20 12:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With different states having different rules how can there be college sports

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312867 10/21/20 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh, I don't know....maybe look at college football?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312868 10/21/20 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"[ChillLaxin]. BTW, For the most part High School Accolades mean nothing so not sure why some want to keep carrying on about them or lack of them. With the exception of Under Armour Senior All American and the US Lacrosse 8 or 9 from Nassau, Suffolk and other Hot Bed Areas its all BS as there are simply too many to count. This has nothing to do with player or parents. It is about the people who selected the players. It is very hard to see the justification in this selection but to those who want to knock the player you are way off base."
As Joe Biden would say "come on man". People are talking about high school accolades because that is all this player has . How is it way off base to knock one of the main actors in this obviously unethical scheme ,you want to get selected for a women's team that you obviously have no business being selected for there is going to be some negative attention. In Nassau and Suffolk I believe US lax AA is more of an honor than UA senior AA as the selection is made by coaches who actually know the players , yes politics involved in both .

Did you quote Joe Biden oh wow

Yeah, Wow... followed up with "main actors"... Keep telling yourself that the player and her family are complicit in this.

I believe they have changed the selection process on LI for US Lacrosse AA recently (maybe it is less political now) but in the past it was the most political process of any selection that I am aware of. There was a "small committee" of coaches who made the selection and it was extremely political. As for "the coaches actually know the players" that was the main problem. This board is littered with posts calling out "Coaches" for selecting "their players" as is exactly the case in the situation that we are discussing with the Stony Brook coach and his player.

The Under Armour selections are primarily made by the women who does the player rankings for Inside Lacrosse. Those rankings are for the most part based on Club games and UA Underclass Games (yes, you are at a disadvantage if you do not make the UA Underclass Team). There is politicking but for the most part The women from IL watches the players at several "high end" events and then ranks the players. There is general consensus on the players selected by all involved with the process. As has been posted on this site many times The UA AA track record is excellent as is the Long Island US Lacrosse AA selection (it just stinks for players who never had a coach on the committee). The problem (at least it used to be) was that the coaches advocated for and selected their own players (club or HS coach).

At the end of the day this is about the people who made this selection, not on the player and or the parents.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312874 10/21/20 12:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We know the deal. Most lefty schools mentioned NESCAC and Ivy will not try to find a work around. Unfortunately these college admins are fine with closing sports for their students. Hopefully other conferences will find ways to help their teams participate in a sport they recruited their players for. It’s obvious that football has found a way. May not be perfect but student athletes are playing. Unfortunately politics is having an influence on these student athletes who have to abide by political college administrators.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312890 10/21/20 02:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We know the deal. Most lefty schools mentioned NESCAC and Ivy will not try to find a work around. Unfortunately these college admins are fine with closing sports for their students. Hopefully other conferences will find ways to help their teams participate in a sport they recruited their players for. It’s obvious that football has found a way. May not be perfect but student athletes are playing. Unfortunately politics is having an influence on these student athletes who have to abide by political college administrators.

Truth

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312893 10/21/20 02:26 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what I read on Athletes Unlimited bringing on Women’s lacrosse it seems like a profit sharing model. You get paid if you can drive Digital audience, merchandise and attendance. How is this different from WPLL that financial couldn’t make it. Lacrosse in general is just a smaller sport in attendance. The WNBA needs the money from NBA to survivor. Unfortunately lax doesn’t have that in there favor. Are the players on there own dime until “potentially” get paid?

Players won’t like paying expenses with hope of pay check.

I must be missing something here, or I fear this won’t make it either. Must lax games I have been at are a few general
Fans and family.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312924 10/21/20 04:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what I read on Athletes Unlimited bringing on Women’s lacrosse it seems like a profit sharing model. You get paid if you can drive Digital audience, merchandise and attendance. How is this different from WPLL that financial couldn’t make it. Lacrosse in general is just a smaller sport in attendance. The WNBA needs the money from NBA to survivor. Unfortunately lax doesn’t have that in there favor. Are the players on there own dime until “potentially” get paid?

I must be missing something here, or I fear this won’t make it either. Must lax games I have been at are a few general
Fans and family.

Another brutal attempt to launch women’s pro The talent is there it’s getting proper leadership

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312931 10/21/20 05:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s bad enough JS politics gave this unearned, undeserving hand out at the expense of many other actually earning it! To listen to anyone defend it is just dense. The only thing this kid ever earned was being asked to play for Spallina. She did nothing in high school but ride the coattails her junior year from their star player being face guarded! That is her one lacrosse accolade. What has she done? Nothing. She was a no name who earned nothing at Under Armour except for the hand out of senior year when she did not play and they GAVE HER the Senior UA All-American! So stop the BS and just call it like it is. The biggest political BS move in US lacrosse history. That is more acceptable than to listen to you try and defend it. Disgrace. Just stop already! This is a joke.

Very bitter and green.

Everyone seems to agree that the selection is questionable but you seem way too bothered by it. Why attack the player? It appears to be personal with you. You state "What has she done? Nothing." What is wrong with you? To be fair, I don't think any player who has yet to play a single college game should be on this list. However, trying to belittle this player and her accomplishments is reprehensible. In fact, her accolades look pretty good: Ranked #25 in the Class of 2020 by Inside Lacrosse and Named to the 2020 Uunder Armour Senior All-America Team (Both are impressive). Playing for a perennial Top 10 -15 Team and is clearly one of their if not the Top Recruit / Freshmen. That speaks volumes as to the caliber of player that she is.

Questionable selection for this tryout but no question she is a very good player at this point in her career.

I wish her the best

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312942 10/21/20 06:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s bad enough JS politics gave this unearned, undeserving hand out at the expense of many other actually earning it! To listen to anyone defend it is just dense. The only thing this kid ever earned was being asked to play for Spallina. She did nothing in high school but ride the coattails her junior year from their star player being face guarded! That is her one lacrosse accolade. What has she done? Nothing. She was a no name who earned nothing at Under Armour except for the hand out of senior year when she did not play and they GAVE HER the Senior UA All-American! So stop the BS and just call it like it is. The biggest political BS move in US lacrosse history. That is more acceptable than to listen to you try and defend it. Disgrace. Just stop already! This is a joke.

Very bitter and green.

Everyone seems to agree that the selection is questionable but you seem way too bothered by it. Why attack the player? It appears to be personal with you. You state "What has she done? Nothing." What is wrong with you? To be fair, I don't think any player who has yet to play a single college game should be on this list. However, trying to belittle this player and her accomplishments is reprehensible. In fact, her accolades look pretty good: Ranked #25 in the Class of 2020 by Inside Lacrosse and Named to the 2020 Uunder Armour Senior All-America Team (Both are impressive). Playing for a perennial Top 10 -15 Team and is clearly one of their if not the Top Recruit / Freshmen. That speaks volumes as to the caliber of player that she is.

Questionable selection for this tryout but no question she is a very good player at this point in her career.

I wish her the best

Those are great accolades for a freshman in college, not so much for a team USA invitee! USL epic failure, once again. They need to do better!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312953 10/21/20 07:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very bitter and green.

I wish her the best

Those are great accolades for a freshman in college, not so much for a team USA invitee! USL epic failure, once again. They need to do better!

Agree with that. Impressive accolades and obviously a very good player. Just a little crazy to be selected over players who have proven themselves at the highest level. US Lacrosse, the selection committee and the coaches do not look good.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312959 10/21/20 08:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fans and family.

Another brutal attempt to launch women’s pro The talent is there it’s getting proper leadership

Hoping this gets figured out at some point

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312960 10/21/20 08:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard