BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 50 of 267 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Madlax is playing in WSYL. https://capital.madlax.com/monuments

Conveniently putting together an "All Star" team and playing in 2 one day tournaments a week before the qualifier to meet the minimum requirement. Doesn't really sound like a team that plays together on a regular basis.

Just looked, some teams are just playing Saturday only. Other teams are just playing Sunday only. So what other excuse do Hawks have for being the only team afraid to show and play real national talent? Afraid to play Hoco also. More like chicken hawks.

Are you the bald LI Express dad? I am betting YES!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who exactly are the Hawks ducking? Please name the several teams they have lost to.

Just looked up that tournament. It is on Saturday and Sunday. There are 10 or so football players who would have conflicts. Not to mention soccer. It would be impossible.[/quote]

Just looked, some teams are just playing Saturday only. Other teams are just playing Sunday only. So what other excuse do Hawks have for being the only team afraid to show and play real national talent? Afraid to play Hoco also. More like chicken hawks.[/quote]

Fair point.The excuse that Hawks kids are only ones to play multiple sports is weak, all the teams playing have kids that play other sports and miss fall tournaments. And it does look like other teams are only playing one day. Andmore important why did Hawks skip Hoco?[/quote]

Stop talking to yourself

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who exactly are the Hawks ducking? Please name the several teams they have lost to.

Just looked up that tournament. It is on Saturday and Sunday. There are 10 or so football players who would have conflicts. Not to mention soccer. It would be impossible.[/quote]

Just looked, some teams are just playing Saturday only. Other teams are just playing Sunday only. So what other excuse do Hawks have for being the only team afraid to show and play real national talent? Afraid to play Hoco also. More like chicken hawks.[/quote]

Fair point.The excuse that Hawks kids are only ones to play multiple sports is weak, all the teams playing have kids that play other sports and miss fall tournaments. And it does look like other teams are only playing one day. Andmore important why did Hawks skip Hoco?[/quote]

OMG dude, let it go. The poster said that they have 10 kids playing football. I'm pretty sure they don't have 30 on their roster like Express and therefore cannot play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Madlax is playing in WSYL. https://capital.madlax.com/monuments

Conveniently putting together an "All Star" team and playing in 2 one day tournaments a week before the qualifier to meet the minimum requirement. Doesn't really sound like a team that plays together on a regular basis.

Just looked, some teams are just playing Saturday only. Other teams are just playing Sunday only. So what other excuse do Hawks have for being the only team afraid to show and play real national talent? Afraid to play Hoco also. More like chicken hawks.

Chicken Hawks LOL!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chicken Hawks LOL!

LOL at yourself?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chicken Hawks LOL!
You people are too much. Most days I enjoy the entertainment but sometimes I do feel sorry for you. So glad that my two sons are both proud of their teams AND that I am a rational, non-crazy parent. Someday you will look back and be sorry you treated your son's sports experience like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is playing in WSYL. https://capital.madlax.com/monuments

What Madlax is doing is fully within the rules. Do you think the LI Express team isn't made up of the best players from the several LI teams? Do you think that BBL doesn't hold a tryout for their WSYL team? There are other examples.

Let's be real. No team made up of 100% of its regular players ever wins this tournament.

The Hawks for instance are actively recruiting to fill several holdback slots with 2026 kids from other teams instead of calling up players from their 2027 squad.

Since you know everything, who exactly are they recruiting? I assume your son?

If you are a Hawks Dad you know exactly who they are recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What Madlax is doing is fully within the rules. Do you think the LI Express team isn't made up of the best players from the several LI teams? Do you think that BBL doesn't hold a tryout for their WSYL team? There are other examples.

Let's be real. No team made up of 100% of its regular players ever wins this tournament.

The Hawks for instance are actively recruiting to fill several holdback slots with 2026 kids from other teams instead of calling up players from their 2027 squad.

If you are a Hawks Dad you know exactly who they are recruiting.

I am not. That's why I asked. So is your son gong to play for them? Have to assume that your team isnt playing. Too many older players like most of MD? Comical that someone posted the link to Madlax Monuments tryouts. How many kids on the regular roster are too old?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you the bald LI Express dad? I am betting YES![/quote]

Chicken Hawks LOL![/quote]
You people are too much. Most days I enjoy the entertainment but sometimes I do feel sorry for you. So glad that my two sons are both proud of their teams AND that I am a rational, non-crazy parent. Someday you will look back and be sorry you treated your son's sports experience like this.[/quote]

Would venture you are being trolled by a high school or college student bored at virtual school posting on here to get a rise our of you.

And nothing illustrates mental stability like using all caps to make your argument. Do not let a trained professional psychologist tell you this is a moderate sign of an impending breakdown. What do they know? You know better, you are a stable genius.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#25 Defenseman BLC
New Looneys Defenseman from FCA. The one that knocked out #22 on Hawks last year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#25 Defenseman BLC
New Looneys Defenseman from FCA. The one that knocked out #22 on Hawks last year.

I must not pay attention to other players when my son's team plays. I couldnt tell you much about players on other teams, certainly not a good player's number. I guess you are his dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you the bald LI Express dad? I am betting YES![/quote]

You people are too much. Most days I enjoy the entertainment but sometimes I do feel sorry for you. So glad that my two sons are both proud of their teams AND that I am a rational, non-crazy parent. Someday you will look back and be sorry you treated your son's sports experience like this.[/quote]

Thats funny the HC also has two kids who play for the program.....hi coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team recruits kids for WSYL, this is no secret. The Brotherly Love team that came in third in 2019 was a full blown PA all-star team with a couple boys from down here as well. The Long Island teams go well beyond Long Island to fill spots especially FOGOs. My son is not a superstar and we've already heard from multiple clubs asking if he'd be interested in playing if our current team doesn't sign up. I can only imagine how many emails and texts the parents of top 10 type players have gotten. The recruitment for this is rampant already and will get stronger as roster deadline approaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When do they announce the WSYL registered teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#25 Defenseman BLC

Again another bitter parent who is upset over nothing but needs to say something. Who cares if Hawks is recruiting kids; you think any other team entering the WSYL isn't doing the same thing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since the 2026 Hawks began, here is a rundown of their losses over the years.

3rd grade
Bethesda 2x
Highland Park Mohicans 2x

4th Grade
Bethesda
Laxachussettes
Looneys 2x
PLC 2x

5th grade

6th grade
Edge - Canada
Tigers xxvi

People tout 63-2.......but it is much higher than that.

It is a team of well coached, talented boys who have a passion and drive to get better. To everyone on the outside that does not know or just wants to complain....simply put statement by the coach... The Hawks are not for everyone, and my coaching style is not for everyone. Practices for the players was run like a college style practice from the beginning. The boys are held accountable by the coaches and by each other. They all want to get better and all want to push each other to be the best.

Source:parent of former player from Hawks 2026

Look who is here posting , Mr Rage,,, Hi There !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#25 Defenseman BLC

If the Hawks get those two just hand them the WSYL Trophy; the rich get richer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#25 Defenseman BLC

Unlike 100% of the tournaments all of us have attended, birth date matters and is enforced at the WSYL. Nobody can predict what will happen because we have no clue the actual age of these kids, only that they are in 7th grade this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a team of well coached, talented boys who have a passion and drive to get better. To everyone on the outside that does not know or just wants to complain....simply put statement by the coach... The Hawks are not for everyone, and my coaching style is not for everyone. Practices for the players was run like a college style practice from the beginning. The boys are held accountable by the coaches and by each other. They all want to get better and all want to push each other to be the best.

Source:parent of former player from Hawks 2026[/quote]

Look who is here posting , Mr Rage,,, Hi There ![/quote]

Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#25 Defenseman BLC

Reminds me of a Bryce Harper quote.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both these kids are very good. I thought the FCA defenseman was older

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since everyone watches all games with so much intensity, I am curious about who do you feel are the best players (Attack, Middie, Defense) for each team? Hawks, Looneys, Crabs, BLC, VLC, FCA, Madlax, 91, Mesa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is Madlax recruiting? Don’t they need to fill in their holdback slots?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats funny the HC also has two kids who play for the program.....hi coach?[/quote]

Well someone has to be the first to step up and ask him a question. Hi coach rage or do you prefer coach or mm (taken already) or do you prefer coach m&m maybe? Browsing previous posts on here maybe you first want to talk about your philosophy on say holdbacks? Will leave floppy hat/ sandals/ jean shorts for someone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks are ducking the Oktoberfest tournament this weekend were all the other real top 10 national teams are there playing (colorodo teams dont count). What MD team has beaten those teams other than the Hawks? & the Hawks have lost to several of those teams playing.[/quote]

Who exactly are the Hawks ducking? Please name the several teams they have lost to.[/quote]

Ha, who ARE you? you are OBSESSED with the Hawks. Get a life.[/quote]

He's the guy scrambling to look for U12 lax info and doesn't realize the Amazon guy is plowing his wife!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly - this board is filled by all the wanna be lax parents who were never good enough.

"My son is on the best team"

"This team stinks"

"This team is cheating"

"holdbacks!"

This is 7th grade.

And beware of the burnout. And it won't be from the sport, it will be from the LAX PARENT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since everyone watches all games with so much intensity, I am curious about who do you feel are the best players (Attack, Middie, Defense) for each team? Hawks, Looneys, Crabs, BLC, VLC, FCA, Madlax, 91, Mesa

I honestly couldn't tell you a darn thing about players on most teams. Maybe I am too focused on my son and his teammates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is pretty transparent so why don't you just post your son's team, position, and jersey number, and then everybody can chime in with what they think of his play. But be careful what you wish for!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since apparently the WSYL is an exercise in which club can build the best All-star team, wouldn’t it make sense to just build one super team from all of the clubs, pulling kids from 100 miles radius from Baltimore? Pietramala can be the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These were the 2019 Elite division members as they finished:
1 Annapolis Hawks
2 Looney's Orange
2 Team 91
4 Bethesda Blue
4 Madlax Capital
6 FCA
7 Crabs
8 Arden Diamondbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I honestly couldn't tell you a darn thing about players on most teams. Maybe I am too focused on my son and his teammates.

Same here. I worry about the ones who can give names and numbers of good players on other teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you mad! Even if my son was #22 from Hawks everyone in this forum would say garbage about him. The reason I asked is because we should focus and encourage and cheer good players. Isn't that the sportsman spirit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These were the 2019 Elite division members as they finished:
1 Annapolis Hawks
2 Looney's Orange
2 Team 91
4 Bethesda Blue
4 Madlax Capital
6 FCA
7 Crabs
8 Arden Diamondbacks
Interesting perspective. In nearly two years one team has folded (Arden); one has worked its way into the mix (VLC); one has improved a lot (Crabs); one has gotten worse (91); but a lot has stayed the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since apparently the WSYL is an exercise in which club can build the best All-star team, wouldn’t it make sense to just build one super team from all of the clubs, pulling kids from 100 miles radius from Baltimore? Pietramala can be the coach.

No, it wouldn't.

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: inflammatory
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both these kids are on age; big and talented doesn’t always mean reclass.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like the Bethesda and Looney's defensemen!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure? I thought if a kid was pushing 6ft in 7th grade that it meant he was a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure? I thought if a kid was pushing 6ft in 7th grade that it meant he was a holdback.

It sure does on this forum!! Any kids that stands out; whether its size or ability, is always branded a holdback!! It helps justify to parents why their team is losing or why little johnny can't compete! Some kids simply go through puberty earlier and the advantage at this age is obvious. In 2 years you won't be able to see the difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sure does on this forum!! Any kids that stands out; whether its size or ability, is always branded a holdback!! It helps justify to parents why their team is losing or why little johnny can't compete! Some kids simply go through puberty earlier and the advantage at this age is obvious. In 2 years you won't be able to see the difference.

I was 6ft in 6th grade. I am in my 40s and I am still 6ft!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was 6ft in 6th grade. I am in my 40s and I am still 6ft!!

You must have been a 2 year hold back

Like Reply Quote
Page 50 of 267 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard