BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
Re: Girls Spring 2013 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
no disrespect to the Cage Sage, but i'm pretty sure this is a cut and paste from what Newsday/MSG Varsity writes up.. blame them for not lovin your school
MSG did
The careful reader will notice that we covered one game, arguably the more interesting matchup, in each of the four divisions that saw play yesterdsy. Each day during the season, we picked games to feature that included a close match (one goal or overtime in most cases), a personal best, a rvialry match, a noteworthy achievement, or other conference/league based impacts. As for the write-ups, these are submitted by the coaches themselves.
St. Anthony 19, Kellenberg 6 was a more note worthy blowout ???and all the little synopses come directly from MSG. SJB just not as sexy as SA I guess

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the seeded teams, with the exception of Northport, have all won. I guess the power ratings work in most cases.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no disrespect to the Cage Sage, but i'm pretty sure this is a cut and paste from what Newsday/MSG Varsity writes up.. blame them for not lovin your school
MSG did
The careful reader will notice that we covered one game, arguably the more interesting matchup, in each of the four divisions that saw play yesterdsy. Each day during the season, we picked games to feature that included a close match (one goal or overtime in most cases), a personal best, a rvialry match, a noteworthy achievement, or other conference/league based impacts. As for the write-ups, these are submitted by the coaches themselves.
St. Anthony 19, Kellenberg 6 was a more note worthy blowout ???and all the little synopses come directly from MSG. SJB just not as sexy as SA I guess

Nope

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
If you are so passionate about St. John the Baptist's semifinal win, you are welcomed to post the details of the game.

The cold hard truth is that the girls CHSAA playoffs are generally not competitively balanced. If St. John the Baptist manages to keep the final game within six goals, thereby improving by three goals on their May 6th 20-11 loss to St. Anthony's, it will be a major achievement - not a win, but an achievement. However, my sense is that the Friars will pull out all of the stops and the final score will be more like the 18-4 match from April 19th.

In closing, be sure of one thing. While you might like to think that MSG Varsity "staffs" these write-ups, you are very mistaken. These write-ups have been provided long before MSG Varsity existed.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Wednesday, May 22nd Results

Suffolk County Class A Playoffs

Ward Melville (3) edges Northport (7), 15-14
Bay Shore (1) over East Islip (4), 13-11

Nassau County Class B Playoffs

Manhasset (2) over Wantagh (3), 11-10
Garden City (1) over Long Beach (5), 14-7

Highlights

Ward Melville 15, Northport 14: Kelsey Catalano (two goals) scored with 8:08 remaining to give Ward Melville a 15-12 lead and Emily Rogers-Healion had five goals to lead No. 3 Ward Melville (14-4) over No. 7 Northport (13-6) in a Class A semifinal.

Bay Shore 13, East Islip 11: Cynthia Del Core tied the game at 7-7 on an assist from Erin Ilchuk with 24:33 remaining and Del Core assisted Katie Kirk 24 seconds later to put Bay Shore up 8-7 and give the Marauders a lead its would never relinquish. Kyra Harney added four goals and an assist as No. 1 Bay Shore (17-1) defeated No. 4 East Islip (13-6) in a Class A semifinal.

Bay Shore moves on to face Ward Melville in the Suffolk County final on Thursday, May 30 at 7:30pm at Dowling Sports Complex.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Section XI (Suffolk) Girls Championship Pairings

Class A

Thursday, May 30th, Dowling College
Championship : Bay Shore (1) vs. Ward Melville (3), 7:30pm

Class B

Championship : Sayville (1) vs. Eastport-South Manor (2), 5:00pm

Class C

Tuesday, May 28th, Dowling College
Championship : Mount Sinai (1) vs. Shoreham-Wading River (2), 5:00pm

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Section VIII (Nassau) Girls Championship Pairings

Class A

Wednesday, May 29th, Adelphi University, 3:30pm
Championship : Farmingdale (1) vs. Massapequa (2)

Class B

Wednesday, May 29th, Adelphi University, 6:00pm
Championship : Garden City (1) vs. Manhasset (2)

Class C

Wednesday, May 29th, Adelphi University, 8:30pm
Championship : CSH (1)/Seaford (4) Winner vs. North Shore (2)/Locust Valley (3) Winner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are so passionate about St. John the Baptist's semifinal win, you are welcomed to post the details of the game.

The cold hard truth is that the girls CHSAA playoffs are generally not competitively balanced. If St. John the Baptist manages to keep the final game within six goals, thereby improving by three goals on their May 6th 20-11 loss to St. Anthony's, it will be a major achievement - not a win, but an achievement. However, my sense is that the Friars will pull out all of the stops and the final score will be more like the 18-4 match from April 19th.

In closing, be sure of one thing. While you might like to think that MSG Varsity "staffs" these write-ups, you are very mistaken. These write-ups have been provided long before MSG Varsity existed.

The St Anthony's girls really have no one to play; at least the boys have Chaminade. I would love to see a Catholic school entrant in the overall state playoff system but I know it's not going to happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was able to catch East Islip/Bay Shore yesterday. First time I have seen either team play. My hats off to East Islip; they did not have the talent of Bay Shore but played a good system. My hats off to the coaching as well.

Bay Shore blitzed them to begin the second half, which was the difference. But Bay Shore's play was uneven at best and the goaltending very questionable. Should be a great game against Ward Melville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else at either the Ward Melville or Bayshore game?? I'm interested in 1st person accounts. the write-ups in Newsday always leave something to be desired.

I kind of heard there was a suspect call by ref at the end of the Ward melville - Northport game.. almost an OT game

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen those BS girls play many times. I was definitely impressed by EI while BS looked flat and disjointed at many crucial times. Credit EI for some of that BS play, but I would say it just may be what the coaches needed to prove you need to work hard and play fundamentally sound lacrosse the rest of the way.

Taking nothing away from BS they are still a very talented team. I wish them luck. Preparation for the remaining games will be key for both the staff and players.

BTW nice stick check call. I was impressed the player kept the ball in her stick while getting slammed in the fan. Sometimes, just sometimes, that takes skill not an illegal stick.

I was able to catch East Islip/Bay Shore yesterday. First time I have seen either team play. My hats off to East Islip; they did not have the talent of Bay Shore but played a good system. My hats off to the coaching as well.

Bay Shore blitzed them to begin the second half, which was the difference. But Bay Shore's play was uneven at best and the goaltending very questionable. Should be a great game against Ward Melville.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else at either the Ward Melville or Bayshore game?? I'm interested in 1st person accounts. the write-ups in Newsday always leave something to be desired.

I kind of heard there was a suspect call by ref at the end of the Ward melville - Northport game.. almost an OT game

At BS/EI game. EI played a great game. BS did not play well in the first half but came out halftime fired up; scored at least three goals in two minutes. Overall not the best game by BS but too much talent there. Goaltending not good for BS; could be a problem moving forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone know the call the writer is referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was there a change of possession call (a charge or dangerous shot) with about a minute to go, that may have nullified the tying goal? thus allowing WM to run out most of the remaining clock. I wasn't there... if you were was it a good call or not?

semi-final, game less than a minute left in a close game should the ref hold the whistle and let them play or make the call?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was questionable calls throughout the entire WM/Northport game. Depending on who you are rooting for is the version you will get of whether it was a good or bad call. What I was most shocked about is the way parents conducted themselves even after the final buzzer. You can't win them all.

Anyone know the call the writer is referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The St Anthony's girls really have no one to play; at least the boys have Chaminade. I would love to see a Catholic school entrant in the overall state playoff system but I know it's not going to happen.

That may be now but I here Kellenberg JV is making some good noise and now that Scared Heart actually has a field who knows what the future holds (A Public School Parent)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was there a change of possession call (a charge or dangerous shot) with about a minute to go, that may have nullified the tying goal? thus allowing WM to run out most of the remaining clock. I wasn't there... if you were was it a good call or not?

semi-final, game less than a minute left in a close game should the ref hold the whistle and let them play or make the call?

Late Charge call. Player had already shot ball and had it picked up by teammate behind net then call of charge. Girl had spilt the defenders. Brutal call. After a game of a lot of suspect or no calls with that little time ref should let them play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a tough call. I think you can swallow the whistle for a charge unless it is really obvious--but don't call a block either. You can't have the players just railroading each other at the end of games. A dangerous shot has to be called.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Thursday, May 23rd Results

Nassau County Class C Playoffs

Cold Spring Harbor (1) blanks Seaford (4), 13-0
North Shore (2) over Locust Valley (3), 12-7

Highlights

Cold Spring Harbor 13, Seaford 0: Ashley Lynch had four goals and two assists to lead No. 1 Cold Spring Harbor (12-4) in its Nassau Class C semifinal win over No. 4 Seaford. Haley Crosson made three saves for her first shutout on the season.

North Shore 12, Locust Valley 7: Tess Korten had three goals and two assists to lead No. 2 North Shore (8-8) over No. 3 Locust Valley in the Nassau Class C semifinals.

The Seahawks and Vikings move on to play in the county finals at 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at Adelphi University.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Class A

Class B

Class C

Championship : Cold Spring Harbor (1) vs. North Shore (2)

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Section XI (Suffolk) Girls Championship Pairings

Class A

Championship : Bay Shore (1) vs. Ward Melville (3), 7:30pm

Class B

Championship : Sayville (1) vs. Eastport-South Manor (2), 5:00pm

Class C

Tuesday, May 28th, Dowling College
Championship : Mount Sinai (1) vs. Shoreham-Wading River (2), 5:00pm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Class A

Class B

Class C

Championship : Cold Spring Harbor (1) vs. North Shore (2)

Can someone help out a Suffolk County resident? How does Nassau County Section VIII breakdown the teams? I see four conferences but then three classes for the playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Late Charge call. Player had already shot ball and had it picked up by teammate behind net then call of charge. Girl had spilt the defenders. Brutal call. After a game of a lot of suspect or no calls with that little time ref should let them play.

Any video that someone can post on YouTube? I would love to see what happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calls should be made consistently throughout the game regardless of time on the clock.

I was at EI/BS game, no interest in either team. Spectators from both teams complained consistently when calls didn't go their way.

So- one, two or twenty responses to your inquiry don't mean much as all are subjective. Get over it and move on.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Can someone help out a Suffolk County resident? How does Nassau County Section VIII breakdown the teams? I see four conferences but then three classes for the playoffs.
Simply stated, all playoffs, Long Island Championships, and State Competitions take place along the Class lines.

A High School's class is determined by the number of students attending the individual High School and the numbers for each Class are handed down by the state.

Conferences, divisions, or leagues are typically the designated names for the league brackets followed during the season. Classes can be mixed into different leagues based on either location, rivalry matchups, or competitive level.

In Nassau, there were four conferences with the top conference referred to this season as the Power Conference based on competitive selections. In Suffolk, the two divisions were arranged based on class structure with Division I being all Class A and Division II being Class B and C.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Simply stated, all playoffs, Long Island Championships, and State Competitions take place along the Class lines.

A High School's class is determined by the number of students attending the individual High School and the numbers for each Class are handed down by the state.

Conferences, divisions, or leagues are typically the designated names for the league brackets followed during the season. Classes can be mixed into different leagues based on either location, rivalry matchups, or competitive level.

In Nassau, there were four conferences with the top conference referred to this season as the Power Conference based on competitive selections. In Suffolk, the two divisions were arranged based on class structure with Division I being all Class A and Division II being Class B and C.

Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Calls should be made consistently throughout the game regardless of time on the clock.

I was at EI/BS game, no interest in either team. Spectators from both teams complained consistently when calls didn't go their way.

So- one, two or twenty responses to your inquiry don't mean much as all are subjective. Get over it and move on.

Dude relax, as I stated above I wasn't there, ( you can read into that, that I had no rooting interest in either team, or I would have been there)

My point was to start a rational discussion with people who were there, and hear first hand accounts and opinions on whether a whistle/change of possession at the late stage of this game were warranted.

if you want we can yell at each other and talk about CR, SS, YJ and TG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
west islip fans are cry babies every year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
relevance to the current topic?

west islip fans are cry babies every year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"splitting the defenders" quite often is "forcing through", which is an offensive foul.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"splitting the defenders" quite often is "forcing through", which is an offensive foul.

You may not watch much college lax but splitting defenders is an art that requires a player with stick skills. Forcing is the ball hog that tries to run through/ over the defenders

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Friday, May 24th Results

CHSAA Class AA Championship

St. Anthony's (1) over St. John the Baptist, 16-6

CHSAA Class A Championship

Our Lady of mercy (1) over St. Dominic (2), 9-4

Highlights

St. Anthony's 16, St. John the Baptist 6: Ella Bonafede had five goals and two forced turnovers to lead No. 1 St. Anthony's (17-1) over No. 2 St. John the Baptist in the CHSAA Class AA final. Kasey Behr added three goals and Maggie Bill had two goals and two assists. Bonafede was named Player of the Game and Bill won league MVP.

Our Lady of Mercy 9, St. Dominic 4: Cate Soccodato and Samantha Lynch each scored three goals and Grace Morales made 11 saves to lead No. 1 Our Lady of Mercy over No. 2 St. Dominic in the CHSAA Class A final at Adelphi. Elizabeth O'Sullivan added two goals for the Mustangs, who unseated the two-time defending champs.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
... And that was that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
... And that was that.
And the post I submitted but you didn't share with everyone , I guess that was that also , don't forget to copy and paste from MSG about the publics

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
... And that was that.
Hey how about this , since you lied about pulling blurbs from MSG instead of calling you cage sage, we cal you plage sage seeing as you plagiarize other peoples work. I guess you'll ban me again now

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Hey how about this , since you lied about pulling blurbs from MSG instead of calling you cage sage, we cal you plage sage seeing as you plagiarize other peoples work. I guess you'll ban me again now
Lied about what? BOTC stated that the game write-ups themselves are authored by the varsity coaches themselves, not from the staff writers at MSG Varsity or Newsday. MSG Varsity/Newsday act as information gatherers in addition to their own reporting. Similarly, BOTC does publish our own game write-ups in addition to those supplied via other public sources.

Given that we have provided the results for more than 2,000 boys and girls lacrosse games this season, BOTC has done an exceptional job keeping the lacrosse community informed on records, key matchups, and results throughout this season.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
... And that was that.
And the post I submitted but you didn't share with everyone , I guess that was that also , don't forget to copy and paste from MSG about the publics
You posted something and it didn't make it to the message board? Really? We'll have to check on that.

You can also feel free to post your own write-up of the CHSAA Class AA Final if you wish.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lied about what? BOTC stated that the game write-ups themselves are authored by the varsity coaches themselves, not from the staff writers at MSG Varsity or Newsday. MSG Varsity/Newsday act as information gatherers in addition to their own reporting. Similarly, BOTC does publish our own game write-ups in addition to those supplied via other public sources.

Given that we have provided the results for more than 2,000 boys and girls lacrosse games this season, BOTC has done an exceptional job keeping the lacrosse community informed on records, key matchups, and results throughout this season.
<<Content Deleted>>

As far as you keeping the lacrosse community informed, I beg to differ. MSG does that. you give people a place to vent, and complain, learn the difference. If you informed you would be a reporter, and you would know the difference between using a source and ripping off someones hard work.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Content Deleted
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And let me end with this - the girls at SJB work way harder than you do, and for you to dismiss them with a simple "that is that" is insulting to there hard work, and proves you to be a hack

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Cage for your write ups this year. My daughters h.s. team has 2 coaches who never write anything except the score. Other teams have highlights and give accolades to players who stand out in games , pathetic that our gitrls get ignored year after year and our athletic director does nothing.

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard