BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 45 1 2 3 4 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Just a point of reference and what college administrators are dealing with. SUNY Cortland has shutdown as a result of breaching a certain number of cases. So they are shut down for two weeks. How can you start a sports season with this in place?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
D1 Final Four locations announced through 2026. No New York locations-Towson, Baltimore, Cary, Foxborough.

Last edited by baldbear; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Thought this list was interesting... a men's and women's lacrosse Top 10's of "Programs That Inspire"... Adelphi was an easy choice...

Women's Top 5

1. Middlebury College (VT, NCAA Division 3)
2. Adelphi University (NY, NCAA Division 2)
3. Salisbury University (MD, NCAA Division 3)
4. Gettysburg College (PA, NCAA Division 3)
5. West Chester University (PA, NCAA Division 2)

I’m sure you realize that was an advertisement not a fact based evaluation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fresno State is first D1 school to cut women's lacrosse lets hope this is not a trend. https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/college/mountain-west/fresno-state/article246504080.html

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought this list was interesting... a men's and women's lacrosse Top 10's of "Programs That Inspire"... Adelphi was an easy choice...

Women's Top 5

1. Middlebury College (VT, NCAA Division 3)
2. Adelphi University (NY, NCAA Division 2)
3. Salisbury University (MD, NCAA Division 3)
4. Gettysburg College (PA, NCAA Division 3)
5. West Chester University (PA, NCAA Division 2)

I’m sure you realize that was an advertisement not a fact based evaluation.

so which program got left out and gave you the sads?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the invites for Women’s USA Team went out. Does anyone have the list or know the players? Any surprises?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the invites for Women’s USA Team went out. Does anyone have the list or know the players? Any surprises?

I am sure we will hear complaints from the usual suspects. I am also sure that the 72 players that have been selected to tryout are all excellent players. We will hear complaints when they narrow the field to the 36 player training roster and again when the Final USA Team Roster is announced. Good luck to all who have been selected and congratulations!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw on US a lax page only taking 50 players for tryouts. Announced 10/22. Probably the correct number so only the best of the best in Pro and players that played college are selected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never write into this site but felt compelled to do so. Spallina should be embarrassed of himself and so should Levy for allowing it. You have one kid on the entire list who has never played a college game and her only accolade is her new coach has no shame and showed who is actually running the tryouts. Has Stony Brook even been practicing for Spallina to have seen her play and what kind of joke committee lets him get away with it. I was going to say before daddy comes on to claim sour grapes blah blah but even he would not try to justify this in any way. Whats the most disgusting about the whole thing is she actually took the spot of some very deserving player , not that USlacrosse cares but people should let them know it tarnishes the whole process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never write into this site but felt compelled to do so. Spallina should be embarrassed of himself and so should Levy for allowing it. You have one kid on the entire list who has never played a college game and her only accolade is her new coach has no shame and showed who is actually running the tryouts. Has Stony Brook even been practicing for Spallina to have seen her play and what kind of joke committee lets him get away with it. I was going to say before daddy comes on to claim sour grapes blah blah but even he would not try to justify this in any way. Whats the most disgusting about the whole thing is she actually took the spot of some very deserving player , not that USlacrosse cares but people should let them know it tarnishes the whole process.

I usually defend tryouts and the selection of players to various teams but I have to admit that this is a bit much. Is it possible that there was a limited pool of applicants?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So 49 deserving players made the tryout team congratulations and Good Luck.

1 is a complete joke and took a spot for someone at the midfield.

I would think we all need to questions the ethics of Us Lacrosse, Jenny Levy, Joe Spallina and Alex Frank. Along with selection committee.

If your an adult and can’t make a fair decision you shouldn’t take the job.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did ya ever think that some girls said No? could they have offered other girls whose lives have moved on from lacrosse the opportunity but they passed on it.. ya know like maybe job commitments, covid concerns, or maybe they're afraid they put in all the time and energy and the event gets cancelled anyway?
the list is the list, good on those that made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. I know for a fact that there are college All Americans that applied and did not get an invite. There are always politics in sports but this might be the worse I have ever seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. I know several college All Americans that are incredible players that applied and did not get an invite. The Stony Brook player was not even a high school AA. There are always politics in sports but this is about the worse I have ever seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. I know several college All Americans that are incredible players that applied and did not get an invite. The Stony Brook player was not even a high school AA. There are always politics in sports but this is about the worse I have ever seen.

I agree that the selection is a bit off... that said, "The Stony Brook player was not even a high school AA" ... I am pretty sure she was named to the Under Armour Senior Girls All-American Team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would think we all need to questions the ethics of Us Lacrosse, Jenny Levy, Joe Spallina and Alex Frank. Along with selection committee.

USL is ALL about politics and not talent. Happens every tryout on both the men’s and woman side. They play favorites for sure. They also constantly claim they’re trying to “grow” the sport. A complete joke. They use your mandatory donations to subsidize their USA teams which play non competitive schedules. They should have figured out a way to enforce age restrictions for youth many years ago but did nothing. I would never give them a cent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

USL is ALL about politics and not talent. Happens every tryout on both the men’s and woman side. They play favorites for sure. They also constantly claim they’re trying to “grow” the sport. A complete joke. They use your mandatory donations to subsidize their USA teams which play non competitive schedules. They should have figured out a way to enforce age restrictions for youth many years ago but did nothing. I would never give them a cent!

To state “USL is all about politics and not talent” That statement is not accurate. A couple of questionable selections does not make the entire process “political”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did ya ever think that some girls said No? could they have offered other girls whose lives have moved on from lacrosse the opportunity but they passed on it.. ya know like maybe job commitments, covid concerns, or maybe they're afraid they put in all the time and energy and the event gets cancelled anyway?

Actually got a response from US lacrosse while they wouldnt respond to particular players they said ALL players had to have registered for this particular event and there was a panel of 20+ coaches that selected and rated each position. Players were picked in rank order attack was by far most heavily populated position followed by Defense and midfielders then goalies May not believe them but at least got a legitimate response

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US lax has no clue. They rely on the coaches to at least be some what fair.

There is no way you can say this was not done on purpose by Joey, and unfortunately his asst coach Levy(jk) And Frank allowed it . Player is a very good ball player but not even close to this level, as no 2020 is at this time. Hardly any 2019 are good enough.

So at the end question them as they presented it to US lax for truly a rubber stamp. Not to say US lax should have verified it but top people at USLax could care.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by baldbear
I’m very involved in the collegiate aspect of lacrosse. I’m also pessimistic about SUNY as I have seen how they operate with regards to collegiate sports. You can throw the budget and spreadsheets in the trash can. SUNY has a $900 million shortfall to fill and the governor has given each school a directive to cut their costs. Albany and Stony Brook have the two biggest shortfalls. They haven’t announced how they are going to cut their budgets but I have a “feeling” sports MAY be part of the process.

Stony Brook University spent $8,210,055 on men's teams and received $3,643,116 in revenue. On average, Stony Brook University gave male athletes $9,751 in sports related student aid.

There are 8 head coaches for men's teams. On average they make $135,748. They are supported by 24 assistant coaches who earn $47,924 on average.

Stony Brook University spent $4,799,904 on women's teams and received $1,350,420 in revenue. On average, Stony Brook University gave female athletes $11,927 in sports related student aid.

There are 8 head coaches for women's teams. They make, on average, $79,794. They are supported by 15 assistant coaches who earn, on average, $32,844.

If you are president of the university these are net-negative numbers. As a positive aside, the women are getting more funding than the men.

Good discussion. As I’m sure you read SBU will have football with a CAA schedule in the spring. Leads one to believe that CAA will have conference games. College sports ....Bottom line all lose money for their respective school. Their function is not to make money. There may/will be cutbacks. But I disagree with your initial premiss that the sky is falling and no SUNY sports for another year.

As I am sure many have heard a few Ivy league have announced NO winter sports I have a feeling that this will soon apply to spring sports as well what a complete mess this will be

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I am sure many have heard a few Ivy league have announced NO winter sports I have a feeling that this will soon apply to spring sports as well what a complete mess this will be[/quote]

I agree. ;0(

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I am sure many have heard a few Ivy league have announced NO winter sports I have a feeling that this will soon apply to spring sports as well what a complete mess this will be

I agree. ;0([/quote]

Agree There will not be an Ivy season maybe not one for anyone

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m very involved in the collegiate aspect of lacrosse. I’m also pessimistic about SUNY as I have seen how they operate with regards to collegiate sports. You can throw the budget and spreadsheets in the trash can. SUNY has a $900 million shortfall to fill and the governor has given each school a directive to cut their costs. Albany and Stony Brook have the two biggest shortfalls. They haven’t announced how they are going to cut their budgets but I have a “feeling” sports MAY be part of the process.

Stony Brook University spent $8,210,055 on men's teams and received $3,643,116 in revenue. On average, Stony Brook University gave male athletes $9,751 in sports related student aid.

There are 8 head coaches for men's teams. On average they make $135,748. They are supported by 24 assistant coaches who earn $47,924 on average.

Stony Brook University spent $4,799,904 on women's teams and received $1,350,420 in revenue. On average, Stony Brook University gave female athletes $11,927 in sports related student aid.

There are 8 head coaches for women's teams. They make, on average, $79,794. They are supported by 15 assistant coaches who earn, on average, $32,844.

If you are president of the university these are net-negative numbers. As a positive aside, the women are getting more funding than the men.

Good discussion. As I’m sure you read SBU will have football with a CAA schedule in the spring. Leads one to believe that CAA will have conference games. College sports ....Bottom line all lose money for their respective school. Their function is not to make money. There may/will be cutbacks. But I disagree with your initial premiss that the sky is falling and no SUNY sports for another year.

Lets see what happens in the election

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree that the selection is a bit off... that said, "The Stony Brook player was not even a high school AA" ... I am pretty sure she was named to the Under Armour Senior Girls All-American Team.

Ohhhh. HS AA means something when they are playing in college. And there you have it. On many a threads the player bio seems to mean something. So that’s why we are where we are when it comes down to selecting UA teams and HS AA. When you distill it down, the same few (mainly 1 person) gets to stack those teams with marginal players from her team/org who then pack their player bio’s with nonsense. What garbage.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did ya ever think that some girls said No? could they have offered other girls whose lives have moved on from lacrosse the opportunity but they passed on it.. ya know like maybe job commitments, covid concerns, or maybe they're afraid they put in all the time and energy and the event gets canceled anyway?

Actually got a response from US lacrosse while they wouldn't respond to particular players they said ALL players had to have registered for this particular event and there was a panel of 20+ coaches that selected and rated each position. Players were picked in rank order attack was by far the most heavily populated position followed by Defense and midfielders then goalies May not believe them but at least got a legitimate response

Where did you contact US lacrosse to get this response? There is no way this was not all about Spallina pushing his agenda. The player in question's biggest accolade is UA senior AA in a season that was not played. If you are trying to justify this selection there is no possible way any reasonable person can. Sorry but US lacrosse , Levy and Spallina should be ashamed they took a spot from a deserving player so Spallina can push his agenda.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well looks like proud mommy. Embarrassing to be honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUTH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TRUTH

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhhh. HS AA means something when they are playing in college. And there you have it. On many a threads the player bio seems to mean something. So that’s why we are where we are when it comes down to selecting UA teams and HS AA. When you distill it down, the same few (mainly 1 person) gets to stack those teams with marginal players from her team/org who then pack their player bio’s with nonsense. What garbage.

I don’t think it means anything when they are playing in college and I do not think bio’s mean anything either. But if you look at the history of the players who were named to the Under Armour Senior All American Team you will see that the large majority of those players go on to have very good college careers , primarily at the Top 10 - 15 programs. I don’t think anyone questions the players ability, just where she is in her development vs many of the top attackers in the game. The kid is legit but there are many who have proven themselves at the highest level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

very true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhhh. HS AA means something when they are playing in college. And there you have it. On many a threads the player bio seems to mean something. So that’s why we are where we are when it comes down to selecting UA teams and HS AA. When you distill it down, the same few (mainly 1 person) gets to stack those teams[/b[b]] with marginal players from her team/org who then pack their player bio’s with nonsense. What garbage.
[/u]

Well the kid your think is undeserving played for Top Guns.. so I guess that spoils that theory[u]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think it means anything when they are playing in college and I do not think bio’s mean anything either. But if you look at the history of the players who were named to the Under Armour Senior All American Team you will see that the large majority of those players go on to have very good college careers , primarily at the Top 10 - 15 programs. I don’t think anyone questions the players ability, just where she is in her development vs many of the top attackers in the game. The kid is legit but there are many who have proven themselves at the highest level.

Sorry but this post is ridiculous. There are many high school players that are legit and many that are better than this selection. That said a player who has never played a college game has no business going to this tryout and its obvious to all that Spallina has his hands all over this . Normally I would say who cares but this player took the spot from a more deserving player( there are many) who this may have been their final chance to make the most prestigious womens lacrosse team in the world. I know Spallina only cares about himself but I am shocked USlacrosse would allow this to happen. Not sure why Levy would allow this when she has multiple freshmen with way more accolades including the most hyped high school player in history who she obviously knew did not deserve a selection never having played a college game. Spallina and this nonsense is the reason so many players and parents leave the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
did ya ever think that some girls said No? could they have offered other girls whose lives have moved on from lacrosse the opportunity but they passed on it.. ya know like maybe job commitments, covid concerns, or maybe they're afraid they put in all the time and energy and the event gets canceled anyway?

Actually got a response from US lacrosse while they wouldn't respond to particular players they said ALL players had to have registered for this particular event and there was a panel of 20+ coaches that selected and rated each position. Players were picked in rank order attack was by far the most heavily populated position followed by Defense and midfielders then goalies May not believe them but at least got a legitimate response

Where did you contact US lacrosse to get this response? There is no way this was not all about Spallina pushing his agenda. The player in question's biggest accolade is UA senior AA in a season that was not played. If you are trying to justify this selection there is no possible way any reasonable person can. Sorry but US lacrosse , Levy and Spallina should be ashamed they took a spot from a deserving player so Spallina can push his agenda.

Nobody on here has tried to justify the selection, pretty sure everyone knows who pushed it. But you can’t cry “it’s all political” when you look at the players on the list. BTW, UA Senior All American is the top honor for HS players and it is based off the summer circuit as that is where the most competitive HS lacrosse is played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but this post is ridiculous. There are many high school players that are legit and many that are better than this selection. That said a player who has never played a college game has no business going to this tryout and its obvious to all that Spallina has his hands all over this . Normally I would say who cares but this player took the spot from a more deserving player( there are many) who this may have been their final chance to make the most prestigious womens lacrosse team in the world. I know Spallina only cares about himself but I am shocked USlacrosse would allow this to happen. Not sure why Levy would allow this when she has multiple freshmen with way more accolades including the most hyped high school player in history who she obviously knew did not deserve a selection never having played a college game. Spallina and this nonsense is the reason so many players and parents leave the sport.

Which post is ridiculous? It looks like the one (above yours) the one you are responding to is saying basically what you are saying. The reality is, the kid is an excellent player. However, when there are Division I All Americans not on the list it is right to question the selection. Just remember, it is not the players fault...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s bad enough JS politics gave this unearned, undeserving hand out at the expense of many other actually earning it! To listen to anyone defend it is just dense. The only thing this kid ever earned was being asked to play for Spallina. She did nothing in high school but ride the coattails her junior year from their star player being face guarded! That is her one lacrosse accolade. What has she done? Nothing. She was a no name who earned nothing at Under Armour except for the hand out of senior year when she did not play and they GAVE HER the Senior UA All-American! So stop the BS and just call it like it is. The biggest political BS move in US lacrosse history. That is more acceptable than to listen to you try and defend it. Disgrace. Just stop already! This is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A vey interesting article from the Atlantic regarding "Country Club Sports" ( including Lacrosse) in college:

A bit of a long read but very well done, towards the end of it the author provides an interesting theory on why Stanford dropped 11 varsity sports earlier this year ( and it isn't financial)

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...che-sports-ivy-league-admissions/616474/

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ohhhh. HS AA means something when they are playing in college. And there you have it. On many a threads the player bio seems to mean something. So that’s why we are where we are when it comes down to selecting UA teams and HS AA. When you distill it down, the same few (mainly 1 person) gets to stack those teams[/b[b]] with marginal players from her team/org who then pack their player bio’s with nonsense. What garbage.
[/u]

Well the kid your think is undeserving played for Top Guns.. so I guess that spoils that theory[u]

Huh. Wake up. You seem very defensive. The quote is about the whole selection process from UA Command, UA Highlight to HS AA etc. There is a common thread to who gets selected and the majority are picked from certain High schools whose coaches are part of YJ and players from YJ and this allows marginal players to pack their bio’s with nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s bad enough JS politics gave this unearned, undeserving hand out at the expense of many other actually earning it! To listen to anyone defend it is just dense. The only thing this kid ever earned was being asked to play for Spallina. She did nothing in high school but ride the coattails her junior year from their star player being face guarded! That is her one lacrosse accolade. What has she done? Nothing. She was a no name who earned nothing at Under Armour except for the hand out of senior year when she did not play and they GAVE HER the Senior UA All-American! So stop the BS and just call it like it is. The biggest political BS move in US lacrosse history. That is more acceptable than to listen to you try and defend it. Disgrace. Just stop already! This is a joke.

Wow, a lot of anger. I have not read a single post defending this selection. I guess you must be one of those delusional parents who just can’t stand it when other players are considered stronger than your daughter by people other than you. Why attack the player? Most rational people understand that the player didn’t do anything wrong. Complain all you want about the coaches or USLacrosse but show a little class and stop trying to tear down a 17 or 18 year old college freshman on an anonymous forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He’s always been that way! I agree that there is absolutely no way a girl who has yet to play a college game should be trying out for this type of team!! How many HS AAs have gone to college to never be heard from again. D1 is a total different animal. Even the #1 HS recruit, CW, who in my opinion is overrated, was not put on this list. Prove yourself in college before getting this type of opportunity. Plenty of other girls have, but unfortunately won’t get a chance due to sleazy politics. Disgusting!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excellent player? You don't get to just call a kid an excellent player because Spallina tells us to. You earn it. What has she earned? She hasn't played since junior year high school where she earned nothing accolades and earned nothing at under armour either (the Senior UA title that was a hand out based on an invisible season). Since her days of playing lacrosse earning nothing, what has she proven by not stepping on a field? Nothing + Nothing = Nothing. Watching people try and defend it is as big a problem as the BS reason she was asked to try out.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 45 1 2 3 4 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard