BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 267 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone who has not played the Crabs this fall is in for a surprise. They are not the same team from last year. They added a handful holdbacks from the 2025 Crabs team. The fact that the Hawks beat them without much of a roster change speaks volumes to the Hawks team. It was a good game. It was a game people around watching were commenting about. It was a physical. If your team is set up to play the Crabs, you should be prepared, they lost 2 face offs, max.
Thanks Crabs f/o dad. Everyone who watched them play in the fall league knows they added 2025 players from the their own 2025 team. Gotta do what ya gotta do to win.
For what it is worth, I spoke in the parking lot briefly with the Crabs f/o Dad and the player after my son's team played against them and he did not seem the type to come on this board and brag about his son's f/o accomplishments. I could be totally wrong but I am generally a good judge of stuff like that.

I spoke with him after the game. Very nice guy and going to Gilman speaks highly of the young man off the field

And IS a Holdback.
No argument there.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then took it easy on Mesa thinking it was an easy win. I think VLC beat them by 8 goals in Summer Exposure. Got a wakeup call there.

Guess VLC coaches have a reading comprehension problem. MESA (PA) didn't play in Summer Exposure. VLC played Mesa Futures Orange 2026 (Severna Park, MD), basically a rec team, in Summer Exposure.

Too bad you are the one with the misunderstanding.......
Mesa at Summer Exposure was the Mesa Pa team. Listed as the Severna Park team but every parent I spoke with on the sidelines was from the Philly area. It was Mesa Pa at summer exposure, not the SP team. The SP team had not even officially formed at the time.

Who knows, and who cares, whether it was the PA or SP Mesa team? Obviously VLC had a big win in their first game and a big let down in their second game. But having watched the Mesa team play yesterday, they are not bad at all. They are well coached and had a great goalie (no, I am not the goalie Dad). They were good enough to smack down a good VLC team when it did not bring its A game, and good enough to play Looneys and Crabs without being totally blown out. I'd say that puts them in the top 20 in the country. Wherever that Mesa team is from, good on them for playing in an extremely competitive field and going 1-2.

So a team that is 1-7 in two tournaments should now be top 20, dream on lol. A parent told me yesterday they lost all their games since summer except vlc, and many players are older.

They bring older kids and still lose all the time?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to BLC? Please don't say injury's. This used to be one of the top teams around.
Not a BLC parent and I did not see the games, but I don't think anything "happened" to BLC. They went 0-3 against Hawks, Crabs, and Looneys, one of which has always been dominant, and two of which became dominant this fall due to roster upgrades. All three would be in the top 6-7 nationally (if not higher) if a new ranking were done today. Aside from Looney's one goal loss to VLC yesterday, I don't think that Hawks, Crabs, or Looneys have lost a single game to anybody besides each other since their fall upgrades. Bethesda (who does have some injuries, by the way, ) is a legitimate top 10-15 team nationally, but there is no shame nor surprise that Bethesda played those three teams in one day and went winless.

It wasn't that they went winless, they looked horrible doing it. Lacked skill at every single position on the field except for 1 defenseman.

So the #1 team in the Country only beat a team 8-3 that lacks skill except for 1 kid. Gotta be Hawks Dad here considering that one kid is the one they are trying to steal from us. Good luck in the future once puberty hits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Fall Maryland Lacrosse Tournament 2026AAA/AA in Tourney Machine
Too bad Hawks and Looneys don't play...very disappointing.

Would be 10-0 Hawks.

Hawks almost lost to crabs. Looneys beat crabs twice. Come back to reality... It would be a good game with the score within 2 either way.

Almost, maybe, but they never trailed and won by 2.

Looneys DID lost to VLC.

Hawks have beaten VLC 3 times in the last 2 months by 7, 6 and 4.

when did Looneys beat the Crabs?

No excuses for Looney’s losing. VLC scored with 15 seconds left.

I am not sure where you have been but Looney’s beat crabs in the HOCO season twice. One being for the championship.
13-8 and ?

Just like Hawks lost to Tigers, sometimes it doesn’t go your way.

Looneys also beat VLC this fall... twice, I think.

Much respect to the Hawks team.

Where I HAVENT been is watching your son's Crabs team play. That's why I asked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad you are the one with the misunderstanding.......
Mesa at Summer Exposure was the Mesa Pa team. Listed as the Severna Park team but every parent I spoke with on the sidelines was from the Philly area. It was Mesa Pa at summer exposure, not the SP team. The SP team had not even officially formed at the time.[/quote]

Who knows, and who cares, whether it was the PA or SP Mesa team? Obviously VLC had a big win in their first game and a big let down in their second game. But having watched the Mesa team play yesterday, they are not bad at all. They are well coached and had a great goalie (no, I am not the goalie Dad). They were good enough to smack down a good VLC team when it did not bring its A game, and good enough to play Looneys and Crabs without being totally blown out. I'd say that puts them in the top 20 in the country. Wherever that Mesa team is from, good on them for playing in an extremely competitive field and going 1-2.[/quote]

So a team that is 1-7 in two tournaments should now be top 20, dream on lol. A parent told me yesterday they lost all their games since summer except vlc, and many players are older.[/quote]

They bring older kids and still lose all the time?[/quote]

Must be a stunard. If you bring older kids you are not supposed to lose. Who coaches this?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks / Crabs game was good - Battle of the Holdbacks
The Hawks have 4 holdbacks. They were heldback before kindergarten and all turned 13 this summer. The Crabs have 9? kids who are repeating 7th grade most of who played on their 2025 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who knows, and who cares, whether it was the PA or SP Mesa team? Obviously VLC had a big win in their first game and a big let down in their second game. But having watched the Mesa team play yesterday, they are not bad at all. They are well coached and had a great goalie (no, I am not the goalie Dad). They were good enough to smack down a good VLC team when it did not bring its A game, and good enough to play Looneys and Crabs without being totally blown out. I'd say that puts them in the top 20 in the country. Wherever that Mesa team is from, good on them for playing in an extremely competitive field and going 1-2.[/quote]

So a team that is 1-7 in two tournaments should now be top 20, dream on lol. A parent told me yesterday they lost all their games since summer except vlc, and many players are older.[/quote]

They bring older kids and still lose all the time?[/quote]

Must be a stunard. If you bring older kids you are not supposed to lose. Who coaches this?[/quote]

Philly stunard!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My wife pointed out during the Hawks v Crabs game that #22 of the Hawks who has been the teams top player for years was not playing in yesterday’s game. It was a great game played by many solid players. This being said I would love to see him on the field next time these two teams play one another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks have 4 holdbacks. They were heldback before kindergarten and all turned 13 this summer. The Crabs have 9? kids who are repeating 7th grade most of who played on their 2025 team.

If true, that's sad. And they still lost yesterday and in the fall league? Great decision parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My wife pointed out during the Hawks v Crabs game that #22 of the Hawks who has been the teams top player for years was not playing in yesterday’s game. It was a great game played by many solid players. This being said I would love to see him on the field next time these two teams play one another.
Just tell your son to give up lax now if you rely on your wife for intel. I hear the local chess club is looking for new members.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just tell your son to give up lax now if you rely on your wife for intel. I hear the local chess club is looking for new members.

Actually you’re the one who should give up. His wife’s intel was correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny you say that as my son is a decent enough lacrosse player and a really good chess player too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So based on the lack of response to the World Series questions, is it safe to assume that there will be little to no Maryland/DC/VA representation at the WSYL??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If true, that's sad. And they still lost yesterday and in the fall league? Great decision parents.

I know they have Crabs Old Bay team, will they be renaming the 2026 team Crabs Old Man team. The beauty is the parents know it and can't even say anything when you make fun of them and their kid to their face so they just walk away. HAHAHAHA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#22 is hurt and hasnt played or practiced in weeks
#44 just got a cast off and dressed but did not play but a few minutes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That can't be possible. That big #22 is the only reason they won games the past 4 years. He was their whole team, no way they win without him. It can't be the coaching. All he does is scream and yell

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So based on the lack of response to the World Series questions, is it safe to assume that there will be little to no Maryland/DC/VA representation at the WSYL??

Hawks are in for WSYL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks are in for WSYL

Anyone else? I guess that proves us northerners wrong on the thought that the Hawks were mostly holdbacks. But that must be the case for the rest of the teams. Certainly sounds like the Crabs are this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks recent adds at attack #3 and #5 are impact players but without #22 it seemed to me the defense of crabs sagged down to stop them. If #22 were playing at the level he has played for the past few years would put pressure on the defense above the crease and prevent this sag. The result from what I saw on Sunday would be forcing the defense to stretch thereby opening up space to dodge for the attack. Anyone else have an opinion on this view?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That can't be possible. That big #22 is the only reason they won games the past 4 years. He was their whole team, no way they win without him. It can't be the coaching. All he does is scream and yell

1 Hawk dad talking to himself. Funny stuff here 🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks are in for WSYL

Crabs??? Probably not with their new holdback version of 2026. Maybe all of those kids can play on the 14yo WSYL Crabs team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know they have Crabs Old Bay team, will they be renaming the 2026 team Crabs Old Man team. The beauty is the parents know it and can't even say anything when you make fun of them and their kid to their face so they just walk away. HAHAHAHA
You are spot on about the parents. But try not to go after the kids. It was not their choice to be held back, especially within the same club/school. It was their parent’s choice to do that to them. Don’t shame the kid. I am sure they have enough to worry about their former teammates behind the scenes on social media.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a lot more than just #22 now. The coach was removed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think it is safe to assume anything based on a response, or lack of response, on this board. I suspect that 95% of the posts are from a dozen or so people who do a nice job of entertaining themselves, but are a very small sample of the 2026 lacrosse world, and not necessarily the most informed, and always with an agenda. If you want actual information such as who is playing WSYL, try a more reliable and less anonymous source.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
22 is hurt and hasnt played or practiced in weeks
#44 just got a cast off and dressed but did not play but a few minutes[/quote]

That can't be possible. That big #22 is the only reason they won games the past 4 years. He was their whole team, no way they win without him. It can't be the coaching. All he does is scream and yell[/quote]
They have a lot more than just #22 now. The coach was removed.[/quote]

HUH?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They removed the coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now we know why they ducked fall HOCO & didn't have the guts to play us!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not a hold back. He’s not even new to the team. Why do ppl keep saying the team has a bunch of hold backs, it’s just not true. Honestly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It isn’t true. Crabs does not have a bunch of hold backs. My son is one of the biggest kids and he definitely is not a hold back, and will never be. My hubby and I are counting the days until they leave for college lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adults making fun of children? Really? That’s just pathetic. Sorry but if you are, you need a life. Our sons are playing the sport, not us. Have perspective. Stop living through your kid which is making him secretly resent you. Maybe spend more time checking on his grades and less on boards.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It isn’t true. Crabs does not have a bunch of hold backs. My son is one of the biggest kids and he definitely is not a hold back, and will never be. My hubby and I are counting the days until they leave for college lol

Mom, how many 2026's were on the 2025 team last year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Adults making fun of children? Really? That’s just pathetic. Sorry but if you are, you need a life. Our sons are playing the sport, not us. Have perspective. Stop living through your kid which is making him secretly resent you. Maybe spend more time checking on his grades and less on boards.
Why don't you follow your own advice. Trust me you won't be missed on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't you follow your own advice. Trust me you won't be missed on this board.

One thing is for sure. Crabs parents didn't check on grades. Not only do they play kids 2 years younger, they get to do the same work in school they did last year. Duh duh duh duh I play crabs duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The holdback critics on this board are not making fun of children, they are making fun of their parents. But, certain Hawks Dads do have a habit of making fun of opposing players on the sidelines, which is unfortunate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reality is hold backs are common whether you like it or not now and its common place on all teams. Now, dont claim to not hold back when we have been playing the same kids for years now and mysteriously all these new faces show up. Dont forget we go to the same tournaments and seen these kids playing for the same organization but at a different age group. People arent notIntelligent. The lacrosse world in out area is pretty small

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Holdback Argument has been beaten to death!! Blame the MIAA and their rules committee; that is where the fault lies. Teams that have kids that are held back, reclassed, pre-k etc. are still within the established rules. Stop making excuses to why your team lost and tell your son to keep grinding. Next topic Please. Oh and my son is not a holdback and on age playing in the elite division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rumors just don’t stop. The coach is still the same coach since they were in 3rd grade. He does much more than scream and yell. He has mentored and driven these kids in many ways. #22 is hurt. No fall Hoco because the coach believes the kids should still play other sports as well and most of them are on the football field all fall. Any other rumors needing to be addressed? And yes the Hawks and #22 are playing WSYL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mom, how many 2026's were on the 2025 team last year?

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM!!!!!???????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[ChillLaxin] stain on the sport.

It hasn't been beaten on enough and it needs to change. Calendar year should be the standard, not how many years of extra private school your family can afford.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[[ChillLaxin] stain on the sport.

It hasn't been beaten on enough and it needs to change. Calendar year should be the standard, not how many years of extra private school your family can afford.[/quote]

Agreed. I can understand the pre-K "holdback" more than the middle school holdback. The later is exactly what is wrong with the sport.

Like Reply Quote
Page 48 of 267 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard