Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
NY Riptide Holiday Packs: 2 Season Tickets, 2 Sweatshirts, 2 Autographs and MORE – Just $159. Shop now at newyorkriptide.com || Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 06:00 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 05:35 PM
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 05:35 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 03:33 PM
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 03:13 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,146
Posts277,941
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #312404 10/18/20 06:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats are inaccurate. Really now. The teenagers flipping the score cards were asking the players on the sidelines for the scorers / assisters numbers. Game tape out soon. Why don’t you statisticians back up your calling out and actually watch a game and take a count since it’s so Important. Joke

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TheBackOfTheCage #312413 10/18/20 09:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats definitely a joke. My niece from NE had stats posted and she wasn’t even there! Several of the original new england girls pulled out a while ago bc of prep school restrictions. They supplemented some spots, but corrigan put all of the original girls on roster in TM and even gave some numbers. Stats posted for kids not there, definitely don’t trust any of them.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312418 10/19/20 05:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Stats definitely a joke. My niece from NE had stats posted and she wasn’t even there! Several of the original new england girls pulled out a while ago bc of prep school restrictions. They supplemented some spots, but corrigan put all of the original girls on roster in TM and even gave some numbers. Stats posted for kids not there, definitely don’t trust any of them.

Ouch all the top New England girls weren’t even there and Long Island had to overcome a 5 goal deficit to win by 1 goal.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312420 10/19/20 05:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses never stop with you people. Maybe they accidentally gave a goal/assist to the wrong girl. This also happens in HS and college all the time. Doesn’t mean it’s a joke. Next thing you’ll be saying is that LI was actually the winner of the tournament, and that CONN wasn’t really up 9-0 at half time. Those weren’t real goals. Please stop! Best to admit what it was for LI, an expensive waste of time

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312423 10/19/20 06:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The wrong kids making undersrmou. Nothin new. Where you been. Theta have been plenty of times when coaches from all clubs and high school teams put their girls on over other girls who played better. College coaches have been smart to this fir a while and doing out much stock whether your in UA or not.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312426 10/19/20 07:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Excuses never stop with you people. Maybe they accidentally gave a goal/assist to the wrong girl. This also happens in HS and college all the time. Doesn’t mean it’s a joke. Next thing you’ll be saying is that LI was actually the winner of the tournament, and that CONN wasn’t really up 9-0 at half time. Those weren’t real goals. Please stop! Best to admit what it was for LI, an expensive waste of time

Best to say the Jesters Dad coach only concern was to get as many Jesters on the team as possible and Thorn's was as many YJ players regardless if they earned the spots or not and the results speak for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312431 10/19/20 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Excuses never stop with you people. Maybe they accidentally gave a goal/assist to the wrong girl. This also happens in HS and college all the time. Doesn’t mean it’s a joke. Next thing you’ll be saying is that LI was actually the winner of the tournament, and that CONN wasn’t really up 9-0 at half time. Those weren’t real goals. Please stop! Best to admit what it was for LI, an expensive waste of time

Best to say the Jesters Dad coach only concern was to get as many Jesters on the team as possible and Thorn's was as many YJ players regardless if they earned the spots or not and the results speak for themselves.

But their bio’s say they made UA team. The performance of the team is secondary. The LI selection process is a cesspool with only 1 certain person stirring the pot.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312493 10/19/20 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters coach had 17 YJ players on the team so what’s your point? That’s the same coach that built Jesters 23 team to be a top team in that class. Jesters also best YJ this summer so why are we bashing the coach. I wish he coached my daughter! I switched over to Jesters for that very reason - my daughter wasn’t getting coached over at YJ. Best move I ever made!!!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312498 10/19/20 03:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But their bio’s say they made UA team. The performance of the team is secondary. The LI selection process is a cesspool with only 1 certain person stirring the pot.

It was a complete joke

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312505 10/19/20 05:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL !! Keep telling yourself that.. the 2023 YJ team which made up most of the UA team is simply toxic. They will never win as a team ever.. They need a complete reset. The parents are negative and the kids have no heart. They are all entitled and they are team mojo killers. They should be embarrassed. The fact that is the YJ 2023 team is damaged goods and when teamed with that stunad loud mouth daddy coach from the jesters its no wonder why this team stunk. They would have lost to their C team. I don't expect that anyone will be buying the game film of that weekend ...lol

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312507 10/19/20 05:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep talking about all that talent . When does that talent win!! There is always an excuse. Sick of hearing about the talent. So they look awesome in 3 v 3's or 7 v 7's.. Who cares. Let me know when that talent does ANYTHING. They are all too selfish to win anything. Im bored

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312509 10/19/20 05:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You lost because you are looking at the wrong stats. You lost because of turn overs, ground ball, draw controls and penalties. This is why Long Island cant get its act together at tournaments. All you are worried about is goals and assist and that how your kids play. You're the type who is happy to lose by 7 goals but as long as your kid has a couple of goals its all good. Learn the game first. DOPE

Last edited by JimSection1; 10/19/20 06:21 PM. Reason: condescending behavior
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312512 10/19/20 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep talking about all that talent . When does that talent win!! There is always an excuse. Sick of hearing about the talent. So they look awesome in 3 v 3's or 7 v 7's.. Who cares. Let me know when that talent does ANYTHING. They are all too selfish to win anything. Im bored

its ball hog central. no one passes its basically the mantra of the 2023 yj teams. no one is a team player colleges note that and it will all now be on film

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312514 10/19/20 07:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Was there. My daughter made this team of individual beautiful and talented young women. Stop this please. They are all worthy. This coach was on an island with no backup. He probably didn’t know some of their names yet we are condemning him for not taking this group of players all the way? He’s not my cup of tea but he was chosen. Not you. And if coach BT had been there would there likely have been a different outcome ? I don’t think so. They did not play as a unit. These yj girls I know and watched looked as if they just met. There were moments. Let’s not forget the ugly basics- over throwing, missed catches, forcing the pass time and again in front of the crease. The non YJ players contributed as much as the YJ for good and not so good. We all missed draws. We all got a TON of bad calls for good checks. We all got a TON of yellow cards. And had an ejection. Let’s not forget that we played 3 men down for a game. Two very strong Mid lines. 1 was stacked with YJ and 1 not. Legacy and Jesters, what, 3 of them played and all 3 put up stats- game winner goals and assists and as many draw wins as any one did for this team. Which wasn’t many In the semi final. This crying is embarrassing. about what ? Let’s have a redo and have these girls play as a team. With some emotion. As if they wanted to win. That’s the game I want to see. Let’s move on and hope for a spring varsity season that we can watch. Enough

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312522 10/19/20 08:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Was there. My daughter made this team of individual beautiful and talented young women. Stop this please. They are all worthy. This coach was on an island with no backup. He probably didn’t know some of their names yet we are condemning him for not taking this group of players all the way? He’s not my cup of tea but he was chosen. Not you. And if coach BT had been there would there likely have been a different outcome ? I don’t think so. They did not play as a unit. These yj girls I know and watched looked as if they just met. There were moments. Let’s not forget the ugly basics- over throwing, missed catches, forcing the pass time and again in front of the crease. The non YJ players contributed as much as the YJ for good and not so good. We all missed draws. We all got a TON of bad calls for good checks. We all got a TON of yellow cards. And had an ejection. Let’s not forget that we played 3 men down for a game. Two very strong Mid lines. 1 was stacked with YJ and 1 not. Legacy and Jesters, what, 3 of them played and all 3 put up stats- game winner goals and assists and as many draw wins as any one did for this team. Which wasn’t many In the semi final. This crying is embarrassing. about what ? Let’s have a redo and have these girls play as a team. With some emotion. As if they wanted to win. That’s the game I want to see. Let’s move on and hope for a spring varsity season that we can watch. Enough

Nice heartfelt response, but it doesn’t negate the mess. I’m still hearing a lot of excuses. YJ has a history if playing thug ball and then whining when called for it. A lot of time, money and emotion wasted for what should have been an amazing experience turned to disappointment and resentment. I agree that there is way to much selfishness and entitlement in this age group between both coaches and players. I’ve seen it since my daughter was in 1st grade hearing YJ family plan yelling go to goal, cliquy parents snubbing their noses as they walked by. Karma coming round. Maybe a good time to reflect

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard