Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks def Crabs 5-3

Not much of a tournament overall it seems
Not sure why you would say that; I was there and there were six great teams who all played great lacrosse and had a lot of hard, close games,

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #312419 10/19/20 05:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks def Crabs 5-3

Not much of a tournament overall it seems

Hawks vs Crabs was a great game. Tons of talent on that field

Last edited by JimSection1; 10/19/20 06:03 AM. Reason: provocative
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312421 10/19/20 06:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not really the point he was saying. He was saying that a raw kid from outside a hotbed might be more intriguing than a kid who's had a ton of coaching and still wasn't a complete player. More importantly, the article talks about the need to focus more on sports as opportunities to build character and life skills — skills that will serve athletes better at the college level — rather than sports as a means to some sort of achievement end.

If you're paying thousands of dollars and not focusing on the day-to-day skills of hard work, goal setting, and, yes, fun, then this article says you're doing a huge disservice to your kid and they actually won't get where you so desperately want them to go.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312422 10/19/20 06:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who has not played the Crabs this fall is in for a surprise. They are not the same team from last year. They added a handful holdbacks from the 2025 Crabs team. The fact that the Hawks beat them without much of a roster change speaks volumes to the Hawks team. It was a good game. It was a game people around watching were commenting about. It was a physical. If your team is set up to play the Crabs, you should be prepared, they lost 2 face offs, max.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312424 10/19/20 06:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks / Crabs game was good - Battle of the Holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312427 10/19/20 07:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 9 kids on the Crabs walking in to the same grade this year as they did last year. That is a complete embarrassment. They better win everything for those parents to sell their souls that badly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312429 10/19/20 08:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who has not played the Crabs this fall is in for a surprise. They are not the same team from last year. They added a handful holdbacks from the 2025 Crabs team. The fact that the Hawks beat them without much of a roster change speaks volumes to the Hawks team. It was a good game. It was a game people around watching were commenting about. It was a physical. If your team is set up to play the Crabs, you should be prepared, they lost 2 face offs, max.
Thanks Crabs f/o dad. Everyone who watched them play in the fall league knows they added 2025 players from the their own 2025 team. Gotta do what ya gotta do to win.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312430 10/19/20 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 9 kids on the Crabs walking in to the same grade this year as they did last year. That is a complete embarrassment. They better win everything for those parents to sell their souls that badly.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312432 10/19/20 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not see much in terms of physicality in this game. Well played lacrosse and the FO kid for crabs is good but is gassed by the 2nd half; they need a #2 FO to win games like this. Hawks defense is surprisingly small and if the crabs had any talent on attack outside of #50 they would have won this game. #21 on crabs is their only real threat up top.

Hawks goaltending is very good; but weak at defense otherwise. They have a couple of big attackman but I was surprised they had trouble running past a very slow crabs defense. What makes hawks better than other teams is they simply do not drop the ball and turn it over. They are very good at getting the lose ball leading to more possessions and their midfield my be the best around; very good ball movement. Hawks is clearly the #1 team but the gap is definitely closing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312434 10/19/20 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not see much in terms of physicality in this game. Well played lacrosse and the FO kid for crabs is good but is gassed by the 2nd half; they need a #2 FO to win games like this. Hawks defense is surprisingly small and if the crabs had any talent on attack outside of #50 they would have won this game. #21 on crabs is their only real threat up top.

Hawks goaltending is very good; but weak at defense otherwise. They have a couple of big attackman but I was surprised they had trouble running past a very slow crabs defense. What makes hawks better than other teams is they simply do not drop the ball and turn it over. They are very good at getting the lose ball leading to more possessions and their midfield my be the best around; very good ball movement. Hawks is clearly the #1 team but the gap is definitely closing.

I would say the gap may be 3-4 more holdbacks. Any other clowns out there willing to make their kid look like a fool!!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312435 10/19/20 08:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For 12-13 year old 7th graders they are pretty big for on age. Now for the 14-15 year old 7th graders that Crabs has yes the look pretty small. Facts

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312436 10/19/20 08:52 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes - good games this weekend. One of the better tournaments. Hawks are the best team still but looked beatable. They were missing one of their big attackmen. Still not sure what Mesa was doing in this mix.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312438 10/19/20 09:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where's the Crabs dad that said Hawks would get beat on Sunday? Let's hear the excuses

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312439 10/19/20 09:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to BLC? Please don't say injury's. This used to be one of the top teams around.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312440 10/19/20 09:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Crabs f/o dad. Everyone who watched them play in the fall league knows they added 2025 players from the their own 2025 team. Gotta do what ya gotta do to win.
For what it is worth, I spoke in the parking lot briefly with the Crabs f/o Dad and the player after my son's team played against them and he did not seem the type to come on this board and brag about his son's f/o accomplishments. I could be totally wrong but I am generally a good judge of stuff like that.

Like Reply Quote
Page 123 of 194 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 193 194
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS