BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 267 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]NXT Black is ranked 39th for what its worth. Question - are the Nationals the MADLAX Nationals?/quote]

Found the answer, no. https://www.nationalslax.com/events-tournaments/

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
NXT Black is ranked 39th for what its worth. Question - are the Nationals the MADLAX Nationals?
https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publ...ivision=h202010051929481980efb6c4954754a

nxt would rank about last in philly group of what like 15 teams? wth happend to 91md?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the fellow who was blowing the Hawks horn earlier, why are you so confident Hawks will beat CrabsA this weekend. The Crabs have evolved their roster and added a number of older 2025 kids to their roster. You can beat on the hold back argument all you want but their roster is within the rules. So with all of these changes and upgrades and almost no roster movement by Hawks coming into the Fall how can you be so dismissive of the Crabs chance at beating Hawks? One way or another this topic will be resolved by middle of this coming Sunday, but I am interested in what drives your confidence. Likewise, Looneys is a really good team who beat Express this summer. Why are you so confident Hawks will beat them if they play each other? Are the Hawks players really that good in your opinion?

How did Crabs do against Hawks today?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s hear the excuses why Crabs lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax Upstate def 91 MD 9-1

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks def Crabs 5-3

Not much of a tournament overall it seems

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys loses to Mesa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys def Mesa (PA) 3-9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought this was a relevant read for many power dads on here. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazin...che-sports-ivy-league-admissions/616474/

From the essay — "[Lars Tiffany, the men’s varsity-lacrosse coach at the University of Virginia] elaborates: 'Do I hold the Fairfield County lacrosse player to a higher standard? Of course. You just know he’s been coached up. So flash-forward to me watching a [high school] junior on the lacrosse field. The thought is going through my brain that I like his skill set but there’s room for growth. But then I think, Wait. He’s already had a lot of people working on these things. He’s a little tapped out. Maybe I’ll take a player from Northern California or Texas. Someone who hasn’t been exposed to such elite coaching. Someone whose best lacrosse could be ahead of him. You try to tell yourself not to overanalyze, but you do.'"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys loses to VLC

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys loses to Mesa
They lost to VLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]NXT Black is ranked 39th for what its worth. Question - are the Nationals the MADLAX Nationals?/quote]

Found the answer, no. https://www.nationalslax.com/events-tournaments/
Nationals are the former Duke's Nationals team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was looneys goalie today?
Great job coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.
Hawks are money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys has FCA goalie. I’m sure FCA has no problem with that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys recruit FCA goalie today?
Stay greasy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who was looneys goalie today?
Great job coaches.

Looneys goalie was injured last week and out for today. The FCA goalie played in his place and did a phenomenal job!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks looneys for taking FCA goalie today!
Great job coaches!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax Upstate def 91 MD 9-1
I heard 91 parents were losing their marbles and screaming non-stop as Sweetlax dominated them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you take the FCA goalie?
Great job coaches?
Stay greasy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys/Loyola...always classy...
Play your team or don’t play...
You are welcome...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No back up or recruit another team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC got totally blown out 0-3. That Mesa PA team isn’t good. Got lucky against VLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC got totally blown out 0-3. That Mesa PA team isn’t good. Got lucky against VLC

A 10-4 win isn't lucky

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like FCA following 91s lead. Playing in victory fall classic and an Aloha tournament this fall against B level teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting post earlier stating that the UVA coach would rather take a raw kid from the west coast then a kid from lacrosse power house, hot beds like NJ, NY, MD etc. I think his actions speak louder then his essay as the following main line starters from their 2019 National Championship team all came from traditional lacrosse power states: Moore, Conrad, Aiken, Kraus, Laviano, Rock, Simmons, Kology, Smith, Conners, Herring and Rode. Based upon this data I am not sure I agree that playing for a raw west coast team garners more cred from guys like Lars then playing for Crabs, Express, Hawks, 91, etc. I have an open mind if you can show data to refute this data set. Point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does VLC beat Looneys and get blown out by Mesa? Makes no sense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys has FCA goalie. I’m sure FCA has no problem with that
He'll be back with FCA next weekend in Frederica, hes not leaving for Looneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does VLC beat Looneys and get blown out by Mesa? Makes no sense

Looneys did not play well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
blank

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks def Crabs 5-3

Not sure why you would say that; I was there and there were six great teams who all played great lacrosse and had a lot of hard, close games,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks def Crabs 5-3

Hawks vs Crabs was a great game. Tons of talent on that field

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: provocative
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not really the point he was saying. He was saying that a raw kid from outside a hotbed might be more intriguing than a kid who's had a ton of coaching and still wasn't a complete player. More importantly, the article talks about the need to focus more on sports as opportunities to build character and life skills — skills that will serve athletes better at the college level — rather than sports as a means to some sort of achievement end.

If you're paying thousands of dollars and not focusing on the day-to-day skills of hard work, goal setting, and, yes, fun, then this article says you're doing a huge disservice to your kid and they actually won't get where you so desperately want them to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who has not played the Crabs this fall is in for a surprise. They are not the same team from last year. They added a handful holdbacks from the 2025 Crabs team. The fact that the Hawks beat them without much of a roster change speaks volumes to the Hawks team. It was a good game. It was a game people around watching were commenting about. It was a physical. If your team is set up to play the Crabs, you should be prepared, they lost 2 face offs, max.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks / Crabs game was good - Battle of the Holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 9 kids on the Crabs walking in to the same grade this year as they did last year. That is a complete embarrassment. They better win everything for those parents to sell their souls that badly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone who has not played the Crabs this fall is in for a surprise. They are not the same team from last year. They added a handful holdbacks from the 2025 Crabs team. The fact that the Hawks beat them without much of a roster change speaks volumes to the Hawks team. It was a good game. It was a game people around watching were commenting about. It was a physical. If your team is set up to play the Crabs, you should be prepared, they lost 2 face offs, max.
Thanks Crabs f/o dad. Everyone who watched them play in the fall league knows they added 2025 players from the their own 2025 team. Gotta do what ya gotta do to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 9 kids on the Crabs walking in to the same grade this year as they did last year. That is a complete embarrassment. They better win everything for those parents to sell their souls that badly.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not see much in terms of physicality in this game. Well played lacrosse and the FO kid for crabs is good but is gassed by the 2nd half; they need a #2 FO to win games like this. Hawks defense is surprisingly small and if the crabs had any talent on attack outside of #50 they would have won this game. #21 on crabs is their only real threat up top.

Hawks goaltending is very good; but weak at defense otherwise. They have a couple of big attackman but I was surprised they had trouble running past a very slow crabs defense. What makes hawks better than other teams is they simply do not drop the ball and turn it over. They are very good at getting the lose ball leading to more possessions and their midfield my be the best around; very good ball movement. Hawks is clearly the #1 team but the gap is definitely closing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did not see much in terms of physicality in this game. Well played lacrosse and the FO kid for crabs is good but is gassed by the 2nd half; they need a #2 FO to win games like this. Hawks defense is surprisingly small and if the crabs had any talent on attack outside of #50 they would have won this game. #21 on crabs is their only real threat up top.

Hawks goaltending is very good; but weak at defense otherwise. They have a couple of big attackman but I was surprised they had trouble running past a very slow crabs defense. What makes hawks better than other teams is they simply do not drop the ball and turn it over. They are very good at getting the lose ball leading to more possessions and their midfield my be the best around; very good ball movement. Hawks is clearly the #1 team but the gap is definitely closing.

I would say the gap may be 3-4 more holdbacks. Any other clowns out there willing to make their kid look like a fool!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 267 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard