BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Shame
On corrigan sports. That’s who to blame. They were bullied to who makes team. The take away is this is not legit.. I wouldn’t even let my kid try out as we were told there were only 3 spots open and the team was already made. Don’t waste your money on this garbage. Go to the camps.

who claims there were only 3 spots available. top scorers were both on team last year.
Maybe when your team plays FLG or TG purple, your Superstar kid scores 5 goals, but when you play the best plays from all over the country it's not as easy to have 2 goals in a game. stop with the nonsense here......maybe some of the middies you expected to score had different roles.
I am sure if the tryout wasn't political your kid would have been on the team and scoring 3 a game. life isn't fair. BTW the coaches daughter is very good and deserved to be on that team!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shame
On corrigan sports. That’s who to blame. They were bullied to who makes team. The take away is this is not legit.. I wouldn’t even let my kid try out as we were told there were only 3 spots open and the team was already made. Don’t waste your money on this garbage. Go to the camps.

who claims there were only 3 spots available. top scorers were both on team last year.
Maybe when your team plays FLG or TG purple, your Superstar kid scores 5 goals, but when you play the best plays from all over the country it's not as easy to have 2 goals in a game. stop with the nonsense here......maybe some of the middies you expected to score had different roles.
I am sure if the tryout wasn't political your kid would have been on the team and scoring 3 a game. life isn't fair. BTW the coaches daughter is very good and deserved to be on that team!

Typical excuses...funny that girls on other teams were able to score more than two goals a game? Maybe LI girls just not that good. Not one was a stat leader

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Just got on and see the douchbags are already feasting! If I get this straight-———-someone, who’s precious did not make the team, was at home-going “On their laptop-Not their phone” and trolling stats and taking some pleasure in not seeing strong ones! Just unreal.
That is what You did on your Saturday, even for a minute is beyond pathetic. No wonder precious didn’t make it.

No one gives a F__k about Legacy. And TG- YJ has handled Grizzlies as well.

This was a draw issue and losing 7 out of 10 at best is no way for any team of any talent level to Win. The breakdown started There and followed everywhere. It stunk! There. Done!

It is Sunday-get on with having a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow. Just got on and see the douchbags are already feasting! If I get this straight-———-someone, who’s precious did not make the team, was at home-going “On their laptop-Not their phone” and trolling stats and taking some pleasure in not seeing strong ones! Just unreal.
That is what You did on your Saturday, even for a minute is beyond pathetic. No wonder precious didn’t make it.

This was a draw issue and losing 7 out of 10 at best is no way for any team of any talent level to Win. The breakdown started There and followed everywhere. It stunk! There. Done!

What’s more pathetic is that girls chosen due to politics did nothing and the team struggled, blaming it on draws is a lame excuse as well. A good defense can overcome that. Yes, I checked tourney machine in between doing other computer work. So what. After yet another poor showing, let’s hope they get it right next summer!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a IAmInsecure, all because little Becky wasn’t good enough.... lost like your kid!

What’s more pathetic is that girls chosen due to politics did nothing and the team struggled, blaming it on draws is a lame excuse as well. A good defense can overcome that. Yes, I checked tourney machine in between doing other computer work. So what. After yet another poor showing, let’s hope they get it right next summer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for nothing but if you are really trolling other girls. You need a life. This stuff is that important to you? Cmon your a parent and an adult. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for nothing but if you are really trolling other girls. You need a life. This stuff is that important to you? Cmon your a parent and an adult. Get a life.

A parent and an adult who has invested $$$1000s into youth lacrosse. Yes, I know it's not always fair, but this was a glaring example of abuse of power. You really don't think people were interested in the outcome of this event? Or are you just embarrassed that the stats were released and little Karen was exposed? And yes! this stuff is very important to me. If the information is put out there, and people want to see the disaster, that's not trolling, thats being aware of what's going on. Sorry you had a rough time in VA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI doubled down by Conn (Grizzlies) What happened to all the superstars? Surprised they made it that far scraping by with one goal games. Embarrassing! Bright side is that they don't have to endure a beatdown by Maryland! This is what happens when politics picks teams!

Final score doesn’t tell the whole story. CONNY was up 9-0 at half. Complete domination in every part of the game. LI goals were all garbage time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team struggled cause CR let the Jesters Dad coach get involved so he can ensure his Jester players would make the team. He then looked overwhelmed coaching and all but one of his players struggled.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another poor showing???
last year they went 5-0 and blew everyone out and lost in finals to a close battle with Baltimore. last year they cried about politics too.
maybe your daughter just ain’t that good. it’s okay. But the fact is this; i am not a coach but i still am trying to figure out who the studs are that didn’t make the team. please name me one girl that wasn’t on the team that would have made a difference??? i will wait. until then stfu

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not nearly as sorry as little Becky sitting home because she was cut for not being good enough!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
another poor showing???
last year they went 5-0 and blew everyone out and lost in finals to a close battle with Baltimore. last year they cried about politics too.
maybe your daughter just ain’t that good. it’s okay. But the fact is this; i am not a coach but i still am trying to figure out who the studs are that didn’t make the team. please name me one girl that wasn’t on the team that would have made a difference??? i will wait. until then stfu

Lol, maybe 2023 has no studs if that was the best team they could pick? Or maybe some new blood deserves a chance since your daughter clearly did nothing. Pathetic. How was the drive home lost?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What players struggled, just curious on this one???????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What players struggled, just curious on this one???????

The majority of the team struggled. A couple girls had good moments, but no consistency. Most of the middies and attack didn’t register even one point. Goalies not making saves, and too many draws lost. That’s a big problem. Not one LI girl was a tournament stat leader. Disappointing for sure!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats are inaccurate. Really now. The teenagers flipping the score cards were asking the players on the sidelines for the scorers / assisters numbers. Game tape out soon. Why don’t you statisticians back up your calling out and actually watch a game and take a count since it’s so Important. Joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stats definitely a joke. My niece from NE had stats posted and she wasn’t even there! Several of the original new england girls pulled out a while ago bc of prep school restrictions. They supplemented some spots, but corrigan put all of the original girls on roster in TM and even gave some numbers. Stats posted for kids not there, definitely don’t trust any of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Stats definitely a joke. My niece from NE had stats posted and she wasn’t even there! Several of the original new england girls pulled out a while ago bc of prep school restrictions. They supplemented some spots, but corrigan put all of the original girls on roster in TM and even gave some numbers. Stats posted for kids not there, definitely don’t trust any of them.

Ouch all the top New England girls weren’t even there and Long Island had to overcome a 5 goal deficit to win by 1 goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excuses never stop with you people. Maybe they accidentally gave a goal/assist to the wrong girl. This also happens in HS and college all the time. Doesn’t mean it’s a joke. Next thing you’ll be saying is that LI was actually the winner of the tournament, and that CONN wasn’t really up 9-0 at half time. Those weren’t real goals. Please stop! Best to admit what it was for LI, an expensive waste of time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The wrong kids making undersrmou. Nothin new. Where you been. Theta have been plenty of times when coaches from all clubs and high school teams put their girls on over other girls who played better. College coaches have been smart to this fir a while and doing out much stock whether your in UA or not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Excuses never stop with you people. Maybe they accidentally gave a goal/assist to the wrong girl. This also happens in HS and college all the time. Doesn’t mean it’s a joke. Next thing you’ll be saying is that LI was actually the winner of the tournament, and that CONN wasn’t really up 9-0 at half time. Those weren’t real goals. Please stop! Best to admit what it was for LI, an expensive waste of time

Best to say the Jesters Dad coach only concern was to get as many Jesters on the team as possible and Thorn's was as many YJ players regardless if they earned the spots or not and the results speak for themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Excuses never stop with you people. Maybe they accidentally gave a goal/assist to the wrong girl. This also happens in HS and college all the time. Doesn’t mean it’s a joke. Next thing you’ll be saying is that LI was actually the winner of the tournament, and that CONN wasn’t really up 9-0 at half time. Those weren’t real goals. Please stop! Best to admit what it was for LI, an expensive waste of time

Best to say the Jesters Dad coach only concern was to get as many Jesters on the team as possible and Thorn's was as many YJ players regardless if they earned the spots or not and the results speak for themselves.

But their bio’s say they made UA team. The performance of the team is secondary. The LI selection process is a cesspool with only 1 certain person stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters coach had 17 YJ players on the team so what’s your point? That’s the same coach that built Jesters 23 team to be a top team in that class. Jesters also best YJ this summer so why are we bashing the coach. I wish he coached my daughter! I switched over to Jesters for that very reason - my daughter wasn’t getting coached over at YJ. Best move I ever made!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But their bio’s say they made UA team. The performance of the team is secondary. The LI selection process is a cesspool with only 1 certain person stirring the pot.

It was a complete joke

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL !! Keep telling yourself that.. the 2023 YJ team which made up most of the UA team is simply toxic. They will never win as a team ever.. They need a complete reset. The parents are negative and the kids have no heart. They are all entitled and they are team mojo killers. They should be embarrassed. The fact that is the YJ 2023 team is damaged goods and when teamed with that stunad loud mouth daddy coach from the jesters its no wonder why this team stunk. They would have lost to their C team. I don't expect that anyone will be buying the game film of that weekend ...lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep talking about all that talent . When does that talent win!! There is always an excuse. Sick of hearing about the talent. So they look awesome in 3 v 3's or 7 v 7's.. Who cares. Let me know when that talent does ANYTHING. They are all too selfish to win anything. Im bored

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You lost because you are looking at the wrong stats. You lost because of turn overs, ground ball, draw controls and penalties. This is why Long Island cant get its act together at tournaments. All you are worried about is goals and assist and that how your kids play. You're the type who is happy to lose by 7 goals but as long as your kid has a couple of goals its all good. Learn the game first. DOPE

Last edited by JimSection1; . Reason: condescending behavior
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You keep talking about all that talent . When does that talent win!! There is always an excuse. Sick of hearing about the talent. So they look awesome in 3 v 3's or 7 v 7's.. Who cares. Let me know when that talent does ANYTHING. They are all too selfish to win anything. Im bored

its ball hog central. no one passes its basically the mantra of the 2023 yj teams. no one is a team player colleges note that and it will all now be on film

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Was there. My daughter made this team of individual beautiful and talented young women. Stop this please. They are all worthy. This coach was on an island with no backup. He probably didn’t know some of their names yet we are condemning him for not taking this group of players all the way? He’s not my cup of tea but he was chosen. Not you. And if coach BT had been there would there likely have been a different outcome ? I don’t think so. They did not play as a unit. These yj girls I know and watched looked as if they just met. There were moments. Let’s not forget the ugly basics- over throwing, missed catches, forcing the pass time and again in front of the crease. The non YJ players contributed as much as the YJ for good and not so good. We all missed draws. We all got a TON of bad calls for good checks. We all got a TON of yellow cards. And had an ejection. Let’s not forget that we played 3 men down for a game. Two very strong Mid lines. 1 was stacked with YJ and 1 not. Legacy and Jesters, what, 3 of them played and all 3 put up stats- game winner goals and assists and as many draw wins as any one did for this team. Which wasn’t many In the semi final. This crying is embarrassing. about what ? Let’s have a redo and have these girls play as a team. With some emotion. As if they wanted to win. That’s the game I want to see. Let’s move on and hope for a spring varsity season that we can watch. Enough

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I Was there. My daughter made this team of individual beautiful and talented young women. Stop this please. They are all worthy. This coach was on an island with no backup. He probably didn’t know some of their names yet we are condemning him for not taking this group of players all the way? He’s not my cup of tea but he was chosen. Not you. And if coach BT had been there would there likely have been a different outcome ? I don’t think so. They did not play as a unit. These yj girls I know and watched looked as if they just met. There were moments. Let’s not forget the ugly basics- over throwing, missed catches, forcing the pass time and again in front of the crease. The non YJ players contributed as much as the YJ for good and not so good. We all missed draws. We all got a TON of bad calls for good checks. We all got a TON of yellow cards. And had an ejection. Let’s not forget that we played 3 men down for a game. Two very strong Mid lines. 1 was stacked with YJ and 1 not. Legacy and Jesters, what, 3 of them played and all 3 put up stats- game winner goals and assists and as many draw wins as any one did for this team. Which wasn’t many In the semi final. This crying is embarrassing. about what ? Let’s have a redo and have these girls play as a team. With some emotion. As if they wanted to win. That’s the game I want to see. Let’s move on and hope for a spring varsity season that we can watch. Enough

Nice heartfelt response, but it doesn’t negate the mess. I’m still hearing a lot of excuses. YJ has a history if playing thug ball and then whining when called for it. A lot of time, money and emotion wasted for what should have been an amazing experience turned to disappointment and resentment. I agree that there is way to much selfishness and entitlement in this age group between both coaches and players. I’ve seen it since my daughter was in 1st grade hearing YJ family plan yelling go to goal, cliquy parents snubbing their noses as they walked by. Karma coming round. Maybe a good time to reflect

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

i hear violins ...please stop...people are sick of the excuses, FF plans, daddy coaches, mean girls attiitudes and it continues ....the mess was created a long time ago... this is the result

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Jester dad coach coached my son and one of my two daughters. My son and his friends all played for that Jesters dad coach and went on to be NYS Champions last year (2nd in Massapequa history). That Jester dad coach was completely responsible for their success and my son talks about him on a daily basis. My daughter has played for him for years and now that 2023 Jester team made up of 15 Massapequa girls is a top 2023 team experiencing the same success that my son and his team experienced. He is so committed and is so incredibly knowledgable. I have watched the Jester program grow to 25 teams all because of him. Now he has brought in great people to add to the tremendous success the program already is having. My younger daughter also plays for Jesters and I am watching her grow into a great player. Say what you want but that Jester coach that you call a dad coach knows what he s doing - he has been successful everywhere he has coached from SJB to Massapequa from 1990 till this current day. I will never consider playing anywhere else!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That Jester dad coach coached my son and one of my two daughters. My son and his friends all played for that Jesters dad coach and went on to be NYS Champions last year (2nd in Massapequa history). That Jester dad coach was completely responsible for their success and my son talks about him on a daily basis. My daughter has played for him for years and now that 2023 Jester team made up of 15 Massapequa girls is a top 2023 team experiencing the same success that my son and his team experienced. He is so committed and is so incredibly knowledgable. I have watched the Jester program grow to 25 teams all because of him. Now he has brought in great people to add to the tremendous success the program already is having. My younger daughter also plays for Jesters and I am watching her grow into a great player. Say what you want but that Jester coach that you call a dad coach knows what he s doing - he has been successful everywhere he has coached from SJB to Massapequa from 1990 till this current day. I will never consider playing anywhere else!!!

I hope he doesn’t put this UA debacle on his resume! Yikes! Only one Jester deserved to be there, and it wasn’t him😳

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m guessing your princess didn’t make it!!!! Lmfao

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That Jester dad coach coached my son and one of my two daughters. My son and his friends all played for that Jesters dad coach and went on to be NYS Champions last year (2nd in Massapequa history). That Jester dad coach was completely responsible for their success and my son talks about him on a daily basis. My daughter has played for him for years and now that 2023 Jester team made up of 15 Massapequa girls is a top 2023 team experiencing the same success that my son and his team experienced. He is so committed and is so incredibly knowledgable. I have watched the Jester program grow to 25 teams all because of him. Now he has brought in great people to add to the tremendous success the program already is having. My younger daughter also plays for Jesters and I am watching her grow into a great player. Say what you want but that Jester coach that you call a dad coach knows what he s doing - he has been successful everywhere he has coached from SJB to Massapequa from 1990 till this current day. I will never consider playing anywhere else!!!

I hope he doesn’t put this UA debacle on his resume! Yikes! Only one Jester deserved to be there, and it wasn’t him😳

Absolutely spot on. Jesters are a B level team. There best player is the former TG and its not even close.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it had nothing to do with the skill of those boys or the training they received when they left the jesters/pal dad coach? It's a bit of a stretch to say he was 'completely responsible for their success' in winning a NYS Class A Championship when he hadn't coached any of those boys in over 6 years (some longer). And majority of that state championship team got years of training from not only a strong school program, but numerous travel clubs including 91, Express, LI Tradition/Bluefish, Igloo, Outlaws, True Blue and others.

No...you're right. He is completely responsible.....and such a great role model. Have your kid google him when they get a chance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]That Jester dad coach coached my son and one of my two daughters. My son and his friends all played for that Jesters dad coach and went on to be NYS Champions last year (2nd in Massapequa history). That Jester dad coach was completely responsible for their success and my son talks about him on a daily basis. My daughter has played for him for years and now that 2023 Jester team made up of 15 Massapequa girls is a top 2023 team experiencing the same success that my son and his team experienced. He is so committed and is so incredibly knowledgable. I have watched the Jester program grow to 25 teams all because of him. Now he has brought in great people to add to the tremendous success the program already is having. My younger daughter also plays for Jesters and I am watching her grow into a great player. Say what you want but that Jester coach that you call a dad coach knows what he s doing - he has been successful everywhere he has coached from SJB to Massapequa from 1990 till this current day. I will never consider playing anywhere else!!!

Absolutely spot on. Jesters are a B level team. There best player is the former TG and its not even close.

His UA debacle?! Was he playing?! All you haters commenting on the girls and the coaches, you're a BIG reason your kid didn't make it. For the rest of us, players didn't play as a team. Its that simple. Go to goal, and wanting to be THE highlight reel of the team was a prevalent issue. Maybe it's a sign of the desperate times and kids needing to look like a rock star on film for recruiting. Regardless, no other coach could have made the outcome different, even BT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure it had nothing to do with the skill of those boys or the training they received when they left the jesters/pal dad coach? It's a bit of a stretch to say he was 'completely responsible for their success' in winning a NYS Class A Championship when he hadn't coached any of those boys in over 6 years (some longer). And majority of that state championship team got years of training from not only a strong school program, but numerous travel clubs including 91, Express, LI Tradition/Bluefish, Igloo, Outlaws, True Blue and others.

wait now ... so he is NOT responsible when his teams ARE successful - it's the players, not him. yet he IS responsible when the team is NOT successful, not the players? solid logic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m guessing your princess didn’t make it!!!! Lmfao

Rather my daughter not make it, than one of the girls who did, but shouldn’t have. You know the ones I’m talking about. The ones who didn’t score one point, turned the ball over, lost draws. Should I go on? Sorry I’m calling out your daughter, but if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem! Maybe she was in a little over her head? It’s what happens when there’s a political agenda. Everyone loses

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wait now ... so he is NOT responsible when his teams ARE successful - it's the players, not him. yet he IS responsible when the team is NOT successful, not the players? solid logic

OK, so the point flew over your head.

Let me slow it down for you. You cannot claim to be 'completely responsible for their success' when he didn't coach any of those players for 6 or more seasons. In case you're still not following, this is in reference to the 2019 Massapequa Boys Varsity NYS Championship team. Jester Dad coach hadn't coached any of those boys since 2013!!

He can be responsible for growth of his club, success or failure of his current teams.....but can't be responsible for somebody else's team/program.

Understand now?

Page 4 of 23 1 2 3 4 5 6 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard