BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 267 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks could have run up the score in Summer exposure and didn't. Not a Hawks dad but must give credit where it is due. I think the Looneys matchup this weekend will be good. Seems like Looneys have picked up some defensemen that are legit. #5 and #22 on that Hawks attack are very good.

OK Hawks dad, pretzel
🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨

Lol. If I were a Hawks dad I would not be shy. After all my kid would be in the best program. Seriously though - there is no shame in calling the best team best. By 9th grade the size difference will be gone and skills will matter more. 7th graders should focus on development and having fun. I know - I am in the minority here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks could have run up the score in Summer exposure and didn't. Not a Hawks dad but must give credit where it is due. I think the Looneys matchup this weekend will be good. Seems like Looneys have picked up some defensemen that are legit. #5 and #22 on that Hawks attack are very good.

OK Hawks dad, pretzel
🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨

Lol. If I were a Hawks dad I would not be shy. After all my kid would be in the best program. Seriously though - there is no shame in calling the best team best. By 9th grade the size difference will be gone and skills will matter more. 7th graders should focus on development and having fun. I know - I am in the minority here.

stop trying the humble brag gig Hawks rookie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Hawks dad, pretzel
🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨

And you will finally hold your son back prior to 9th to compete

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa South/Green Hornets 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played at Summer Exposure, not MESA PA

Mesa Futures Orange (PA) played Summer Exposure in the AA bracket

Mesa Futures Orange 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played in the AA bracket, they went 0-4

https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publ...ivision=h20200624133833756bd2fb39887b340
Why is everybody dumping on Mesa?

First its Green Hornets rec lacrosse dressed up as a club team - pay $200 or $2k - you tell me

GH sold its soul but that's just what it is. Apparently they did a number of roster changes from the previous year's GH roster. The real test will come by spring/summer if they can compete at the elite levels they're targetting. I expect they could certainly become an elite level club. Overnight, no. Several people also question if all of these Severna Park High School affiliated coaches will have time for the teams come spring.

The HC for SP lax - his kid plays Hawks and he's on the Hawks coaching staff - doubt he's going to coach Mesa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GH Swarm was a fine program that stayed in the lane most appropriate for their player’s commitment, interest and collective skill set. Changing name to Mesa only costs family 5 times more, enriches a few and pushes the team outside of their lane ensuring much frustration for all involved ahead- but for those cashing the parent’s checks.

What is the point? In two years these kids will be in high school. Those capable of making Severna Park High’s team will do do whether they played reasonably priced Swarm or rip-off priced Mesa. Unfortunately, from why I have seen of their play, most will not make the high school’s team. Again what is the point?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the poster who asked a day or two ago why everybody is dumping on Mesa. okay, I got my answer. You all can stop dumping now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always the same teams at these Elite tournaments. Why? Does it really mean that much to only play in tournaments that you know you will win? Just don't get it. I wish my son could play the Hawks once a week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to play the Hawks I would suggest you have your son’s coach call the Hawks coach and arrange a scrimmage at one of your son’s teams upcoming practices. My guess is the two coaches could agree on a date that works and that each team could come up with $50 each to hire two quality refs. My guess is the Hawks players would enjoy playing and your sons team would also enjoy the game and get insight as to where they stand in relation to the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GH Swarm was a fine program that stayed in the lane most appropriate for their player’s commitment, interest and collective skill set. Changing name to Mesa only costs family 5 times more, enriches a few and pushes the team outside of their lane ensuring much frustration for all involved ahead- but for those cashing the parent’s checks.

What is the point? In two years these kids will be in high school. Those capable of making Severna Park High’s team will do do whether they played reasonably priced Swarm or rip-off priced Mesa. Unfortunately, from why I have seen of their play, most will not make the high school’s team. Again what is the point?

Green hornets lax has been a dumpsters fire since club lax began. Diamondbacks was established because GH did not want a travel club. GH wanted to still grow it’s Rec programs. All the younger talented kids went to DB’s killing the GH Rec program. DB merge with APi and Arden. Severna park high may have won a few state titles in recent years but there is no talent in the pipe line to continue domination of AACO lax. It will take Mesa a few years to get SP back on track but heading in the right direction. Mesa will be building a api like faculty basically making api useless to the SP kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always the same teams at these Elite tournaments. Why? Does it really mean that much to only play in tournaments that you know you will win? Just don't get it. I wish my son could play the Hawks once a week.
I don't get your point. Are you saying the competition is too weak, or that there is not enough variety? Either way, I see it differently. Yes, this weekend the tournament is sponsored by HoCo so it is the usual DC/MD/VA teams, but almost of them are nationally ranked it is hard to say it is a bad level of play. And most of the summer and fall tournaments have a good mix of teams from around the country - in the past year my son has played against teams from CA, Florida, Colorado, Connecticut, North Carolina, Long Island, Syracuse, etc. I agree that is a valuable and fun part of the travel experience and sorry you are not getting that.
What team does your son play for?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There's less diff teams because of covid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team that they came from is Forest Hill Select and play in HoCo Club a few divisions down.

Believe it or not people, there is talent outside of the "top division"

Best player I saw in fall wasn't even on the top teams.

Some of you parents need a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Green hornets lax has been a dumpsters fire since club lax began. Diamondbacks was established because GH did not want a travel club. GH wanted to still grow it’s Rec programs. All the younger talented kids went to DB’s killing the GH Rec program. DB merge with APi and Arden. Severna park high may have won a few state titles in recent years but there is no talent in the pipe line to continue domination of AACO lax. It will take Mesa a few years to get SP back on track but heading in the right direction. Mesa will be building a api like faculty basically making api useless to the SP kids.

Fair on the dumpster fire. They stayed cheap while being in one of the wealthiest communities in the state. While I think Mesa could become a strong elite program I would be surprised if they actually help Severna Park lax. They've already taken lots of kids outside of SP and will need to as those kids have already gone to other club programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa South/Green Hornets 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played at Summer Exposure, not MESA PA

Mesa Futures Orange 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played in the AA bracket, they went 0-4

First its Green Hornets rec lacrosse dressed up as a club team - pay $200 or $2k - you tell me

GH sold its soul but that's just what it is. Apparently they did a number of roster changes from the previous year's GH roster. The real test will come by spring/summer if they can compete at the elite levels they're targetting. I expect they could certainly become an elite level club. Overnight, no. Several people also question if all of these Severna Park High School affiliated coaches will have time for the teams come spring.

GH will never be an elite program. Too much Daddy ball from Dads who themselves were probably B level talent growing up, if they even played at all. Bringing in Mesa to milk the parents Of their cash won’t change anything. The good players end up at the Hawks, if they’re good. Everyone else shuffles between the other B level programs like sidewinders, AYLC, PLC, DBacks, and now True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

GH will never be an elite program. Too much Daddy ball from Dads who themselves were probably B level talent growing up, if they even played at all. Bringing in Mesa to milk the parents Of their cash won’t change anything. The good players end up at the Hawks, if they’re good. Everyone else shuffles between the other B level programs like sidewinders, AYLC, PLC, DBacks, and now True.

Programs like Mesa and True are the reasons teams like the Hawks stay good. It allows a completely watered down product under the name of club lacrosse while continuing to just stretch the talent out at so many different teams rather then having a few very good club teams. Both of those programs are rec lacrosse dressed up with a 2k price tag. At the end of the day the parents are the suckers that allow it, so kudos to the directors for figuring out a way to get paid. But hey, at least at Severna Park Tap House you can tell your friends your kid plays for a "real" club team despite the fact 75% of the kids can't pass and catch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering why MadLax is not playing this weekend - is its 2026 team still active?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo...But that also could be for many teams in Baltimore County and DC area. So much B ball being played under the "elite label" while directors fatten their bank accounts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing is very few parents of kids that play for True, Mesa, Sidewinders, etc even bother to try out for Hawks. If my sons ability were decent enough and I were committed to paying full cash to have my son play in a club team I would have him tryout for several of the top rated teams each year full knowing I could default to Mesa or True if he did not make the cut. Instead most parents simply default for a B team, pay full freight and watch their kids development bump along. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing is very few parents of kids that play for True, Mesa, Sidewinders, etc even bother to try out for Hawks. If my sons ability were decent enough and I were committed to paying full cash to have my son play in a club team I would have him tryout for several of the top rated teams each year full knowing I could default to Mesa or True if he did not make the cut. Instead most parents simply default for a B team, pay full freight and watch their kids development bump along. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

This post isnt the floppy hat, jean short wearing tobacco spittin' Hawk dad. Very well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post isnt the floppy hat, jean short wearing tobacco spittin' Hawk dad. Very well said
Wow. PPOS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does PPOS mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. PPOS.

Positive Point of Sale?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you 2 just f and get it over with all ready.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. PPOS.

Positive Point of Sale?
Or pompous piece of 💩?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to some good lacrosse on Sunday. Good luck!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With temps getting cold does the floppy hat, tobacco spittin' Hawks dad go to his fall hunter attire or does he still wear flip flops and shorts? Cant wait to see on Sunday

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to some good lacrosse on Sunday. Good luck!!

Let's hope Rage has his temper under control!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody explain who the tobacco floppy hat guy is and why he is getting so much pub on this thread?

Is he just a typical low rent Hawks parent who lives through his son and has gotten under somebody’s skin, or is there a more interesting story that folks on the board would want to know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody explain who the tobacco floppy hat guy is and why he is getting so much pub on this thread?

Is he just a typical low rent Hawks parent who lives through his son and has gotten under somebody’s skin, or is there a more interesting story that folks on the board would want to know?

There are two of them. More like Lloyd and Harry from dense and Dumber

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be worse. They could tuck their little wangs between their legs and go annonymously post on a message board

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 really stepping it up with the competition this weekend!! Lol. What a joke of a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be worse. They could tuck their little wangs between their legs and go annonymously post on a message board
Very true. It is a shame when the parents (both the haters and the detest-ee's) make it about themselves. Does anybody have anything interesting to say about lacrosse or should we wait for tomorrow's games?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 really stepping it up with the competition this weekend!! Lol. What a joke of a team
Sweetlax will blow 91 out tmrw. It won’t even be close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the story with MadLax - are they playing at all this fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The already played in a tournament and won it. Some of their lower end roster players will probably be playing tomorrow on their B team. That is what they do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Team 91 Dad your boys lost to NXT today- what happened? Maybe you should merge with True? Sweetlax might score 30 against you on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to know about madlax check out their website. They list games, practices, tournaments, rosters etc. The rest of the local teams have pitiful websites with zero info and nearly no social media presence.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax will blow 91 out tmrw. It won’t even be close.
91 lost to NXT...NXT is not even one of the better Philly area teams, 91 should fold immediately.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to know about madlax check out their website. They list games, practices, tournaments, rosters etc. The rest of the local teams have pitiful websites with zero info and nearly no social media presence.
💪🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NXT Black is ranked 39th for what its worth. Question - are the Nationals the MADLAX Nationals?
https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publ...ivision=h202010051929481980efb6c4954754a

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 267 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard