Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
NY Riptide Holiday Packs: 2 Season Tickets, 2 Sweatshirts, 2 Autographs and MORE – Just $159. Shop now at newyorkriptide.com || Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 09:20 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 09:01 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 08:31 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 08:26 PM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 08:24 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,146
Posts277,953
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 119 of 175 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 174 175
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #312081 10/14/20 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Always the same teams at these Elite tournaments. Why? Does it really mean that much to only play in tournaments that you know you will win? Just don't get it. I wish my son could play the Hawks once a week.
There's less diff teams because of covid.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #312082 10/14/20 02:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team that they came from is Forest Hill Select and play in HoCo Club a few divisions down.

Believe it or not people, there is talent outside of the "top division"

Best player I saw in fall wasn't even on the top teams.

Some of you parents need a life

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312089 10/14/20 06:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GH Swarm was a fine program that stayed in the lane most appropriate for their player’s commitment, interest and collective skill set. Changing name to Mesa only costs family 5 times more, enriches a few and pushes the team outside of their lane ensuring much frustration for all involved ahead- but for those cashing the parent’s checks.

What is the point? In two years these kids will be in high school. Those capable of making Severna Park High’s team will do do whether they played reasonably priced Swarm or rip-off priced Mesa. Unfortunately, from why I have seen of their play, most will not make the high school’s team. Again what is the point?

Green hornets lax has been a dumpsters fire since club lax began. Diamondbacks was established because GH did not want a travel club. GH wanted to still grow it’s Rec programs. All the younger talented kids went to DB’s killing the GH Rec program. DB merge with APi and Arden. Severna park high may have won a few state titles in recent years but there is no talent in the pipe line to continue domination of AACO lax. It will take Mesa a few years to get SP back on track but heading in the right direction. Mesa will be building a api like faculty basically making api useless to the SP kids.

Fair on the dumpster fire. They stayed cheap while being in one of the wealthiest communities in the state. While I think Mesa could become a strong elite program I would be surprised if they actually help Severna Park lax. They've already taken lots of kids outside of SP and will need to as those kids have already gone to other club programs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312096 10/14/20 10:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa South/Green Hornets 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played at Summer Exposure, not MESA PA

Mesa Futures Orange (PA) played Summer Exposure in the AA bracket

Mesa Futures Orange 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played in the AA bracket, they went 0-4

https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publ...ivision=h20200624133833756bd2fb39887b340
Why is everybody dumping on Mesa?

First its Green Hornets rec lacrosse dressed up as a club team - pay $200 or $2k - you tell me

GH sold its soul but that's just what it is. Apparently they did a number of roster changes from the previous year's GH roster. The real test will come by spring/summer if they can compete at the elite levels they're targetting. I expect they could certainly become an elite level club. Overnight, no. Several people also question if all of these Severna Park High School affiliated coaches will have time for the teams come spring.

GH will never be an elite program. Too much Daddy ball from Dads who themselves were probably B level talent growing up, if they even played at all. Bringing in Mesa to milk the parents Of their cash won’t change anything. The good players end up at the Hawks, if they’re good. Everyone else shuffles between the other B level programs like sidewinders, AYLC, PLC, DBacks, and now True.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312102 10/15/20 06:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa South/Green Hornets 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played at Summer Exposure, not MESA PA

Mesa Futures Orange 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played in the AA bracket, they went 0-4

First its Green Hornets rec lacrosse dressed up as a club team - pay $200 or $2k - you tell me

GH sold its soul but that's just what it is. Apparently they did a number of roster changes from the previous year's GH roster. The real test will come by spring/summer if they can compete at the elite levels they're targetting. I expect they could certainly become an elite level club. Overnight, no. Several people also question if all of these Severna Park High School affiliated coaches will have time for the teams come spring.

GH will never be an elite program. Too much Daddy ball from Dads who themselves were probably B level talent growing up, if they even played at all. Bringing in Mesa to milk the parents Of their cash won’t change anything. The good players end up at the Hawks, if they’re good. Everyone else shuffles between the other B level programs like sidewinders, AYLC, PLC, DBacks, and now True.

Programs like Mesa and True are the reasons teams like the Hawks stay good. It allows a completely watered down product under the name of club lacrosse while continuing to just stretch the talent out at so many different teams rather then having a few very good club teams. Both of those programs are rec lacrosse dressed up with a 2k price tag. At the end of the day the parents are the suckers that allow it, so kudos to the directors for figuring out a way to get paid. But hey, at least at Severna Park Tap House you can tell your friends your kid plays for a "real" club team despite the fact 75% of the kids can't pass and catch.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #312109 10/15/20 08:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wondering why MadLax is not playing this weekend - is its 2026 team still active?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312163 10/15/20 04:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo...But that also could be for many teams in Baltimore County and DC area. So much B ball being played under the "elite label" while directors fatten their bank accounts.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312165 10/15/20 06:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing is very few parents of kids that play for True, Mesa, Sidewinders, etc even bother to try out for Hawks. If my sons ability were decent enough and I were committed to paying full cash to have my son play in a club team I would have him tryout for several of the top rated teams each year full knowing I could default to Mesa or True if he did not make the cut. Instead most parents simply default for a B team, pay full freight and watch their kids development bump along. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312187 10/16/20 07:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The funny thing is very few parents of kids that play for True, Mesa, Sidewinders, etc even bother to try out for Hawks. If my sons ability were decent enough and I were committed to paying full cash to have my son play in a club team I would have him tryout for several of the top rated teams each year full knowing I could default to Mesa or True if he did not make the cut. Instead most parents simply default for a B team, pay full freight and watch their kids development bump along. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

This post isnt the floppy hat, jean short wearing tobacco spittin' Hawk dad. Very well said

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312195 10/16/20 08:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post isnt the floppy hat, jean short wearing tobacco spittin' Hawk dad. Very well said
Wow. PPOS.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312197 10/16/20 08:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what does PPOS mean?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312204 10/16/20 09:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. PPOS.

Positive Point of Sale?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312206 10/16/20 09:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you 2 just f and get it over with all ready.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312207 10/16/20 10:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. PPOS.

Positive Point of Sale?
Or pompous piece of 💩?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312226 10/16/20 03:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking forward to some good lacrosse on Sunday. Good luck!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 119 of 175 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 174 175
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard