True Blue's JC 17 Shootout For Soldiers Charity Tournament Now Open for Registration! | The CBLaxers.com Elite 88 Showcase & The Igloo Elite 80 Showcase Camp Are Now Open for Registration - Limited Spots!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Age Verification
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,279
Posts349,523
Members2,507
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
Information, discussions, and questions covering the teams, clubs, and players in the Girls 2015 age group can be posted here.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
News from the Long Island Wave 2015 group : The 2015 team ended at the Best of the Beach with a 2-2 record. Good under most circumstances but below the expectations of its players and coaches. This team continues to show signs of breaking out since they are a superior team from top to bottom with fabulous coaching supplied by Diana and Lauren Lopez. Overall the team sported an 11-9 record. They only had a loosing record at one tournament, the Club Nationals, where they went 1-3. At the Upper Atlantic they just missed the playoffs with a 3-1 record. Hopefully this team will return in tack for the 2012 summer season as they did this last one. If they do the team will have a big 2012 season because they are one of the best teams the Wave has fielded at this level. If what happened to the Wave teams that preceded them, in the third season of playing together, happens to the 2015's then the 2012 season will be the break out season all connected to this team expect.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
News from Team Elevate on their Girls 2015 program : Congratulations to their 2014/2015 group for making the semifinals of the Long Island LaxFest at Framingdale State College.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
News from Team 91 Covering their Girls 2015 (Rising Freshman) Program : Congratulations for winning the 2011 Upper Atlantic Tournament (Orange team).

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
News from the Long Island Wave 2015 group : The 2015 team ended at the Best of the Beach with a 2-2 record. Good under most circumstances but below the expectations of its players and coaches. This team continues to show signs of breaking out since they are a superior team from top to bottom with fabulous coaching supplied by Diana and Lauren Lopez. Overall the team sported an 11-9 record. They only had a loosing record at one tournament, the Club Nationals, where they went 1-3. At the Upper Atlantic they just missed the playoffs with a 3-1 record. Hopefully this team will return in tack for the 2012 summer season as they did this last one. If they do the team will have a big 2012 season because they are one of the best teams the Wave has fielded at this level. If what happened to the Wave teams that preceded them, in the third season of playing together, happens to the 2015's then the 2012 season will be the break out season all connected to this team expect.


What tournaments did they attend. National Draw is one of the most competative. I would expect a breakout team to do well there.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
News from the Long Island Wave 2015 group : The 2015 team ended at the Best of the Beach with a 2-2 record. Good under most circumstances but below the expectations of its players and coaches. This team continues to show signs of breaking out since they are a superior team from top to bottom with fabulous coaching supplied by Diana and Lauren Lopez. Overall the team sported an 11-9 record. They only had a loosing record at one tournament, the Club Nationals, where they went 1-3. At the Upper Atlantic they just missed the playoffs with a 3-1 record. Hopefully this team will return in tack for the 2012 summer season as they did this last one. If they do the team will have a big 2012 season because they are one of the best teams the Wave has fielded at this level. If what happened to the Wave teams that preceded them, in the third season of playing together, happens to the 2015's then the 2012 season will be the break out season all connected to this team expect.
+
What is the purpose of this post? are you trying to drum up business or are you putting the other 2015 teams on notice? Why don't you play the the yellow jacket 2015 team to see how ready you are for a breakout season! Just play in the competitve tournaments first. you people are hysterical! This can't be an adult!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the purpose of this post? are you trying to drum up business or are you putting the other 2015 teams on notice?
Rule number one : Do not call out a board moderator. Rule number two : Become a registered poster if you want a voice.

This had nothing to do with drumming up business. BOTC is starting age group based threads as opposed to exclusively club based threads and we are publishing news from around Long Island on an age group basis.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why don't you play the the yellow jacket 2015 team to see how ready you are for a breakout season!
BOTC Industries is completely amazed at the outright arrogance from some readers. If the Yellow Jackets 2015 group would like to add their thoughts to this thread, BOTC would welcome that input. However, that does not diminish the contributions made by any other club on Long Island - whether self-posted or posted via a moderator.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just play in the competitve tournaments first. you people are hysterical! This can't be an adult!
Do you really want to have the discussion about who is being the adult here? You do realize that BOTC is sharing the Long Island Wave end-of-season summary here, right? Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the purpose of this post? are you trying to drum up business or are you putting the other 2015 teams on notice?
Rule number one : Do not call out a board moderator. Rule number two : Become a registered poster if you want a voice.

This had nothing to do with drumming up business. BOTC is starting age group based threads as opposed to exclusively club based threads and we are publishing news from around Long Island on an age group basis.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why don't you play the the yellow jacket 2015 team to see how ready you are for a breakout season!
BOTC Industries is completely amazed at the outright arrogance from some readers. If the Yellow Jackets 2015 group would like to add their thoughts to this thread, BOTC would welcome that input. However, that does not diminish the contributions made by any other club on Long Island - whether self-posted or posted via a moderator.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just play in the competitve tournaments first. you people are hysterical! This can't be an adult!
Do you really want to have the discussion about who is being the adult here? You do realize that BOTC is sharing the Long Island Wave end-of-season summary here, right? Think about it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting that the Beach Bums only go until the 8th grade (2016). Does anyone know if they are strictly focused on "intramural" development and leave the college recruiting to another organization?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interesting that the Beach Bums only go until the 8th grade (2016). Does anyone know if they are strictly focused on "intramural" development and leave the college recruiting to another organization?
The Liberty actually list their 2015 team achievements as including the Beach Bums summer tournament.

"Congratulations to the 2015 Black Team LI Lax Fest Champions and LI Beach Bums Champions"

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
I have heard they do plan to continue as the current teams age. Beach Bums, that is.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the purpose of this post? are you trying to drum up business or are you putting the other 2015 teams on notice?
Rule number one : Do not call out a board moderator. Rule number two : Become a registered poster if you want a voice.

This had nothing to do with drumming up business. BOTC is starting age group based threads as opposed to exclusively club based threads and we are publishing news from around Long Island on an age group basis.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why don't you play the the yellow jacket 2015 team to see how ready you are for a breakout season!
BOTC Industries is completely amazed at the outright arrogance from some readers. If the Yellow Jackets 2015 group would like to add their thoughts to this thread, BOTC would welcome that input. However, that does not diminish the contributions made by any other club on Long Island - whether self-posted or posted via a moderator.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just play in the competitve tournaments first. you people are hysterical! This can't be an adult!
Do you really want to have the discussion about who is being the adult here? You do realize that BOTC is sharing the Long Island Wave end-of-season summary here, right? Think about it.

Why not "question" a moderator? (who knew you were a moderator anyway?) No one is arrogant. I have no affiliation to YJ 2015. I just know they are a great team. Furthermore if you are going to post unbias information maybe you should not label a team "superior"! If you are just reposting information from somewhere, then I apologize. It just seems that many posters here use these forums just to pound their chest about their own kids teams. It is unfortunate because there has been some valuable information on this site. It just seems that you have to sift through 10 self serving posts to get to one. Either way I feel the site serves a good purpose. As far as being anonymous, I don't think that being identified by "cage sage", laxer dad or any other nickname gives you any less anonymity!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the purpose of this post? are you trying to drum up business or are you putting the other 2015 teams on notice?
Rule number one : Do not call out a board moderator. Rule number two : Become a registered poster if you want a voice.

This had nothing to do with drumming up business. BOTC is starting age group based threads as opposed to exclusively club based threads and we are publishing news from around Long Island on an age group basis.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why don't you play the the yellow jacket 2015 team to see how ready you are for a breakout season!
BOTC Industries is completely amazed at the outright arrogance from some readers. If the Yellow Jackets 2015 group would like to add their thoughts to this thread, BOTC would welcome that input. However, that does not diminish the contributions made by any other club on Long Island - whether self-posted or posted via a moderator.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just play in the competitve tournaments first. you people are hysterical! This can't be an adult!
Do you really want to have the discussion about who is being the adult here? You do realize that BOTC is sharing the Long Island Wave end-of-season summary here, right? Think about it.

Why not "question" a moderator? (who knew you were a moderator anyway?) No one is arrogant. I have no affiliation to YJ 2015. I just know they are a great team. Furthermore if you are going to post unbias information maybe you should not label a team "superior"! If you are just reposting information from somewhere, then I apologize. It just seems that many posters here use these forums just to pound their chest about their own kids teams. It is unfortunate because there has been some valuable information on this site. It just seems that you have to sift through 10 self serving posts to get to one. Either way I feel the site serves a good purpose. As far as being anonymous, I don't think that being identified by "cage sage", laxer dad or any other nickname gives you any less anonymity!


You have no affiliation to the Yellow Jackets? Seriously - that is what you want u to believe. Come on - you got caught by the moderator, now go sit in the corner with your "dunce" cap on and have a nice timeout.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is the purpose of this post? are you trying to drum up business or are you putting the other 2015 teams on notice?
Rule number one : Do not call out a board moderator. Rule number two : Become a registered poster if you want a voice.

This had nothing to do with drumming up business. BOTC is starting age group based threads as opposed to exclusively club based threads and we are publishing news from around Long Island on an age group basis.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why don't you play the the yellow jacket 2015 team to see how ready you are for a breakout season!
BOTC Industries is completely amazed at the outright arrogance from some readers. If the Yellow Jackets 2015 group would like to add their thoughts to this thread, BOTC would welcome that input. However, that does not diminish the contributions made by any other club on Long Island - whether self-posted or posted via a moderator.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just play in the competitve tournaments first. you people are hysterical! This can't be an adult!
Do you really want to have the discussion about who is being the adult here? You do realize that BOTC is sharing the Long Island Wave end-of-season summary here, right? Think about it.

Why not "question" a moderator? (who knew you were a moderator anyway?) No one is arrogant. I have no affiliation to YJ 2015. I just know they are a great team. Furthermore if you are going to post unbias information maybe you should not label a team "superior"! If you are just reposting information from somewhere, then I apologize. It just seems that many posters here use these forums just to pound their chest about their own kids teams. It is unfortunate because there has been some valuable information on this site. It just seems that you have to sift through 10 self serving posts to get to one. Either way I feel the site serves a good purpose. As far as being anonymous, I don't think that being identified by "cage sage", laxer dad or any other nickname gives you any less anonymity!


Well said, I totally agree..
Signed Anonymous

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The post clearly said "News from the Long Island Wave 2015 group." Like someone said, why diminish the accomplishments of other teams...kids for goodness sakes? It's info that is on their website and there is nothing wrong with a club to be proud of the girls on their teams.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The post clearly said "News from the Long Island Wave 2015 group." Like someone said, why diminish the accomplishments of other teams...kids for goodness sakes? It's info that is on their website and there is nothing wrong with a club to be proud of the girls on their teams.
You are 100% correct. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your team. Where I differ with you is when individuals or organization make statements like saying a team with an 11-9 record in obscure tournaments is "Superior". Whether that was the opinion of the moderator or a press release from the organization, it is misleading. Many people come to this site for information to see where they might want their child to play. If you are just trying to put out information, then words like "Superior" and "Fabulous" probably should not be used if you are not looking for a reaction. If you are stating an opinion, than the previous poster has every right to dicount a statement that isn't true(in their opinion). If you don't want anyone to react to your "press release" than don't write anything in it that would cause a reaction. I agree that it would appear that whoever formulated the press release was trying to make the team look better than they actually are(for whatever reason).

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd hardly call those tournaments obscure.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'd hardly call those tournaments obscure.
Ok maybe obscure is the wrong word. who did they beat of note?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets Results

2015 Blue : Lax for the Cure Champions, National Draw Champions, Lax Inception Champions, Ocean City Beach Lax Champions, U15 National Champions

2015 Red : National Draw Cleveland Division Champions

2015 Gold : Ocean City Beach Lax Finalists

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yellow Jackets Results

2015 Blue : Lax for the Cure Champions, National Draw Champions, Lax Inception Champions, Ocean City Beach Lax Champions, U15 National Champions

2015 Red : National Draw Cleveland Division Champions

2015 Gold : Ocean City Beach Lax Finalists


Yawn. Go beat that drum on the YJ thread.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yellow Jackets Results

2015 Blue : Lax for the Cure Champions, National Draw Champions, Lax Inception Champions, Ocean City Beach Lax Champions, U15 National Champions

2015 Red : National Draw Cleveland Division Champions

2015 Gold : Ocean City Beach Lax Finalists


Yawn. Go beat that drum on the YJ thread.
no beating of drum just simple truth

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yellow Jackets Results

2015 Blue : Lax for the Cure Champions, National Draw Champions, Lax Inception Champions, Ocean City Beach Lax Champions, U15 National Champions

2015 Red : National Draw Cleveland Division Champions

2015 Gold : Ocean City Beach Lax Finalists


Yawn. Go beat that drum on the YJ thread.
no beating of drum just simple truth


And your point is what? That the only worthy club is YJ?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
powder, how come any team can come on and put up some of their stats and you have no problem with it but when a yj fan/parent puts up some of their stats you act like a child.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
powder, how come any team can come on and put up some of their stats and you have no problem with it but when a yj fan/parent puts up some of their stats you act like a child.


Really, that other team can brag about their 11 an 9 record!! and when the yj's talk about their accomplishments then its a problem. Any other club can come on and talk about their record too. Isn't this thread here to educate people. There are a lot of clubs out there and seeing the records and accomplishments of other clubs can inform people who want to join or switch clubs. By reacting the way you do its kind of petty. Be interested to hear who your daughter plays for??

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
Maybe I misunderstood. I took the YJ stats post as an attempt to show that only YJ goes to "worthy" tournaments, therefore any other clubs that post winning records should not be touting their wins as they were less "worthy."

Purely posting the stats is fine. Trying to imply that the other teams aren't really competitors because they don't go to all the tournaments YJ attend, that's what rubbed me wrong, and if I was wrong, mea culpa.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Maybe I misunderstood. I took the YJ stats post as an attempt to show that only YJ goes to "worthy" tournaments, therefore any other clubs that post winning records should not be touting their wins as they were less "worthy."

Purely posting the stats is fine. Trying to imply that the other teams aren't really competitors because they don't go to all the tournaments YJ attend, that's what rubbed me wrong, and if I was wrong, mea culpa.


So are you saying the tounaments themselves don't matter?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Maybe I misunderstood. I took the YJ stats post as an attempt to show that only YJ goes to "worthy" tournaments, therefore any other clubs that post winning records should not be touting their wins as they were less "worthy."

Purely posting the stats is fine. Trying to imply that the other teams aren't really competitors because they don't go to all the tournaments YJ attend, that's what rubbed me wrong, and if I was wrong, mea culpa.


So are you saying the tounaments themselves don't matter?


I think powderfinger is a top gun perhaps?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Maybe I misunderstood. I took the YJ stats post as an attempt to show that only YJ goes to "worthy" tournaments, therefore any other clubs that post winning records should not be touting their wins as they were less "worthy."

Purely posting the stats is fine. Trying to imply that the other teams aren't really competitors because they don't go to all the tournaments YJ attend, that's what rubbed me wrong, and if I was wrong, mea culpa.


So are you saying the tounaments themselves don't matter?


I think powderfinger is a top gun perhaps?


I am now (or rather, my daughter is). LOL But I wasn't when I wrote last night's post.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Maybe I misunderstood. I took the YJ stats post as an attempt to show that only YJ goes to "worthy" tournaments, therefore any other clubs that post winning records should not be touting their wins as they were less "worthy."

Purely posting the stats is fine. Trying to imply that the other teams aren't really competitors because they don't go to all the tournaments YJ attend, that's what rubbed me wrong, and if I was wrong, mea culpa.


So are you saying the tounaments themselves don't matter?


Good luck, what age group is she playing for?

I think powderfinger is a top gun perhaps?


I am now (or rather, my daughter is). LOL But I wasn't when I wrote last night's post.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Maybe I misunderstood. I took the YJ stats post as an attempt to show that only YJ goes to "worthy" tournaments, therefore any other clubs that post winning records should not be touting their wins as they were less "worthy."

Purely posting the stats is fine. Trying to imply that the other teams aren't really competitors because they don't go to all the tournaments YJ attend, that's what rubbed me wrong, and if I was wrong, mea culpa.


So are you saying the tounaments themselves don't matter?


I think powderfinger is a top gun perhaps?


I am now (or rather, my daughter is). LOL But I wasn't when I wrote last night's post.


Since winning and level of tournaments doesn't seem to matter that's a good place to be.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
P
Back of THE CAGE
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
P
Joined: Apr 2011
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Since winning and level of tournaments doesn't seem to matter that's a good place to be.


Huh?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how come YJ kids are going to topguns but no topguns kids are going to YJ???

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
how come YJ kids are going to topguns but no topguns kids are going to YJ???
yj has not had tryouts yet. Tg players could come to those tryouts also. Plus yj is more competetive, field better teams overall. Some kids don't get as mush playing time maybe or they think they will make a high team. Don't forget a lot of yj age groups field 3 or 4 teams.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess as to why girls are going from yj to tg but not so much in the other direction
1) More girls overall play yj so they have more to lose so to speak
2) Top level of yj is more competitive to make then top level teams of TG so many parents would rather have their kids play so called "A" team for top guns then play "B" level for yj
3)TG are doing a better and more aggressive job of recriuting kids from other clubs
4)Shannon Smith

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My guess as to why girls are going from yj to tg but not so much in the other direction
1) More girls overall play yj so they have more to lose so to speak
2) Top level of yj is more competitive to make then top level teams of TG so many parents would rather have their kids play so called "A" team for top guns then play "B" level for yj
3)TG are doing a better and more aggressive job of recriuting kids from other clubs
4)Shannon Smith


1) True
2) True
3) Def helps to have try-outs earlier but loyal YJ players will not jump ship
4) Shannon Smith: Great player, great at teaching skills but did a bad job at U-15 Nationals her most important challenge to date. Not a successful tourney record 2011 also. Had to be disappointing. Bottom line the majority of "best" players probably will stay with YJ for the next few years. Her best hope is to grab the young (3rd - 5th grade) players for the future of her program

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
4) Shannon Smith: Great player, great at teaching skills but did a bad job at U-15 Nationals her most important challenge to date. Not a successful tourney record 2011 also. Had to be disappointing. Bottom line the majority of "best" players probably will stay with YJ for the next few years. Her best hope is to grab the young (3rd - 5th grade) players for the future of her program
BOTC completely disagrees with your assessment of the U/15 Nationals and Shannon Smith's coaching. Specifically, BOTC believes that she did an exceptional job at the U/15 Nationals. Let's give some specifics based on FACTS of the tournament rather than feelings:
  • Fact #1 : Top Guns made the National Final Four which was an achievement to start.
  • Fact #2 : After trailing early, solid play and coaching brought the match for third place level at 5-5 coming to the half.
  • Fact #3 : Adjustments made at halftime paid immediate dividends with Top Guns opening a 8-5 lead three minutes into the second half.
  • Fact #4 : After falling behind again 10-9, Smith rallied her team with a well timed time-out leading to the equalizer with just 36 seconds remaining.
  • Fact #5 : The free position ball with less than a second was netted but waived off (appropriately) by the referee crew.
  • Fact #6 : Both teams traded opportunities throughout the overtime
Here's the point : a coach's number one job is to get their team into a position to win in every single match. Whether the team wins or loses can be the result of dozens of facts from players to yes, coaching. BOTC believes that Coach Smith did an exceptional job to meet the challenge.

If you doubt our sourcing, BOTC live blogged this event at the following link :

http://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=806&page=21

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
4) Shannon Smith: Great player, great at teaching skills but did a bad job at U-15 Nationals her most important challenge to date. Not a successful tourney record 2011 also. Had to be disappointing. Bottom line the majority of "best" players probably will stay with YJ for the next few years. Her best hope is to grab the young (3rd - 5th grade) players for the future of her program
BOTC completely disagrees with your assessment of the U/15 Nationals and Shannon Smith's coaching. Specifically, BOTC believes that she did an exceptional job at the U/15 Nationals. Let's give some specifics based on FACTS of the tournament rather than feelings:
  • Fact #1 : Top Guns made the National Final Four which was an achievement to start.
  • Fact #2 : After trailing early, solid play and coaching brought the match for third place level at 5-5 coming to the half.
  • Fact #3 : Adjustments made at halftime paid immediate dividends with Top Guns opening a 8-5 lead three minutes into the second half.
  • Fact #4 : After falling behind again 10-9, Smith rallied her team with a well timed time-out leading to the equalizer with just 36 seconds remaining.
  • Fact #5 : The free position ball with less than a second was netted but waived off (appropriately) by the referee crew.
  • Fact #6 : Both teams traded opportunities throughout the overtime
Here's the point : a coach's number one job is to get their team into a position to win in every single match. Whether the team wins or loses can be the result of dozens of facts from players to yes, coaching. BOTC believes that Coach Smith did an exceptional job to meet the challenge.

If you doubt our sourcing, BOTC live blogged this event at the following link :

http://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=806&page=21


That was a well thought out. logical assessment. But the bottom line: She didn't beat the Yellow Jacket team, didnt come in 2nd, or 3rd but 4th. If you think thats a good job I bet she doesnt. Do you think she would be happy for her Northwestern team to come in 4th. Doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
4) Shannon Smith: Great player, great at teaching skills but did a bad job at U-15 Nationals her most important challenge to date. Not a successful tourney record 2011 also. Had to be disappointing. Bottom line the majority of "best" players probably will stay with YJ for the next few years. Her best hope is to grab the young (3rd - 5th grade) players for the future of her program
BOTC completely disagrees with your assessment of the U/15 Nationals and Shannon Smith's coaching. Specifically, BOTC believes that she did an exceptional job at the U/15 Nationals. Let's give some specifics based on FACTS of the tournament rather than feelings:
  • Fact #1 : Top Guns made the National Final Four which was an achievement to start.
  • Fact #2 : After trailing early, solid play and coaching brought the match for third place level at 5-5 coming to the half.
  • Fact #3 : Adjustments made at halftime paid immediate dividends with Top Guns opening a 8-5 lead three minutes into the second half.
  • Fact #4 : After falling behind again 10-9, Smith rallied her team with a well timed time-out leading to the equalizer with just 36 seconds remaining.
  • Fact #5 : The free position ball with less than a second was netted but waived off (appropriately) by the referee crew.
  • Fact #6 : Both teams traded opportunities throughout the overtime
Here's the point : a coach's number one job is to get their team into a position to win in every single match. Whether the team wins or loses can be the result of dozens of facts from players to yes, coaching. BOTC believes that Coach Smith did an exceptional job to meet the challenge.

If you doubt our sourcing, BOTC live blogged this event at the following link :

http://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=806&page=21


That was a well thought out. logical assessment. But the bottom line: She didn't beat the Yellow Jacket team, didnt come in 2nd, or 3rd but 4th. If you think thats a good job I bet she doesnt. Do you think she would be happy for her Northwestern team to come in 4th. Doubt it.
There is a difference between doing a bad job as a coach and being disappointed with the results of your team in a semifinal/final playoff. Disappointed with the results? Sure, competitors like Shannon would be. Bad job as a coach? Not at all. The poster to whom I responded assessed the performance as "bad coaching".

Now, if you want to look at this discussion through a results prism, the semifinal loss was to the better team and one could argue that the match would have been better suited for a finals. That said, the Maryland side that took the bronze was a quality team all season and got the bounce in overtime.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
To make the point crystal clear, Points #3, #4, and #5 show why we thought Coach Smith did an excellent job.

She made adjustments that exploited the opponent after the halftime break (3), rallied her team from a losing position into a tie heading for overtime with a well positioned coaching timeout (4), and managed to position her team with a chance to win at the buzzer (5).

Getting your team in a position to win in championship rounds is everything in coaching. She absolutely passed that test.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls 2015 Fall 2011/Spring 2012
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
Note also that experience and seasoning will come with time - one of the solid adjustments made in the U/15 National Championship Game was made by Coach Carol Rose where experience showed. During our live blogging, we wrote the following :

...Rose and the team are going for lower shots - want more bounce shots to challenge the talented Stars Gold keeper. Yellow Jackets equalize on just that type of shot moving the score to 2-2 with less than six remaining. Convert immediately again for a 3-2 advantage with 5:30 remaining. Goals by Pirreca and Mitchell put the Jackets on the lead.

Now, there are twenty years of coaching experience that divide Coach Rose and Coach Smith and we are certainly not comparing coaching credentials as yet. However, one would be foolish not to think that Coach Smith could be one of the best coaching resources for the region since Coach Rose.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4