BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 44 of 267 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
VLC has no holdbacks

That is very apparent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the national rankings, Summer tournament results or HoCo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC has no holdbacks

He said 2026 elite teams.

Okay, then list the teams in HoCo who you classify as Elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about them?

If you want to know which teams are elite and which are not.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC has no holdbacks

That is very apparent.
You guys really know all the birthdays on your team? My son has been on the same squad for 3 years and I probably only know half of the birthdays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If VLC only has kids born after Sept 1, 2007 then it should be competing in the World Series of Youth Lacrosse (WSYL) in 2021. The Finals will be held in Maryland July 1-3, 2021 so distance/expense not an issue. March 27-28 is the East qualifying games for DMV & PA regions. Those games are in Delaware. VLC Dads is your team signed up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the fellow who was blowing the Hawks horn earlier, why are you so confident Hawks will beat CrabsA this weekend. The Crabs have evolved their roster and added a number of older 2025 kids to their roster. You can beat on the hold back argument all you want but their roster is within the rules. So with all of these changes and upgrades and almost no roster movement by Hawks coming into the Fall how can you be so dismissive of the Crabs chance at beating Hawks? One way or another this topic will be resolved by middle of this coming Sunday, but I am interested in what drives your confidence. Likewise, Looneys is a really good team who beat Express this summer. Why are you so confident Hawks will beat them if they play each other? Are the Hawks players really that good in your opinion?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC is elite and plays without any holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the fellow who was blowing the Hawks horn earlier, why are you so confident Hawks will beat CrabsA this weekend. The Crabs have evolved their roster and added a number of older 2025 kids to their roster. You can beat on the hold back argument all you want but their roster is within the rules. So with all of these changes and upgrades and almost no roster movement by Hawks coming into the Fall how can you be so dismissive of the Crabs chance at beating Hawks? One way or another this topic will be resolved by middle of this coming Sunday, but I am interested in what drives your confidence. Likewise, Looneys is a really good team who beat Express this summer. Why are you so confident Hawks will beat them if they play each other? Are the Hawks players really that good in your opinion?

The sooner you learn that 95% of the Hawks chatter on here is not actually from the Hawks parents, the better off you will be. And at the end of the day, if the Crabs win or lose. They still held kids back in the 7th grade for the sake of lacrosse. I can pick the clear winner already!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still no Hawks/Looneys matchup on tap for Sunday? Maybe if both teams go 3-0 they can just agree to play a championship game Sunday afternoon. Also, just me or does Mesa (PA) seem random in a tourney of Crabs, BLC, Looneys, VLC and Hawks?

Mesa PA played at Summer Exposure and they arent very good. I'd like to see Looneys and Hawks match up

Every tournament needs a doormat to stomp on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they should pick some up or drop down. Doesn't look like it's working!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the winner.....in your opinion.....will be?????!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did well in all Summer tournaments and was in 3rd place at HoCo. I am sure they would like to pick up some reclasses. Focusing on developing the real 2026s isn't a bad idea either. Looneys, Crabs and Hawks are all good teams. They made their choice of how they want to compete. BLC didn't have too many reclasses either. Not sure about MadLax. Point is well taken from this forum discussion: reclasses are common. We all need to acknowledge that and take it as part of the game rather than complaining about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The sooner you learn that 95% of the Hawks chatter on here is not actually from the Hawks parents, the better off you will be. And at the end of the day, if the Crabs win or lose. They still held kids back in the 7th grade for the sake of lacrosse. I can pick the clear winner already!!

The "95% theory" would explain why Hawk parents always represent the program so badly on this board; over-invested, insecure sports parents. The only problem with that theory is that things said said on this board are very similar to what Hawks Dads routinely yell during games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC dad sounds like PLC dad from a few years ago. Insistent that their team deserved to play elite, then when they didn't said that they would embarrass every team in the AAA division as they went on to lose several games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did well in all Summer tournaments and was in 3rd place at HoCo. I am sure they would like to pick up some reclasses. Focusing on developing the real 2026s isn't a bad idea either. Looneys, Crabs and Hawks are all good teams. They made their choice of how they want to compete. BLC didn't have too many reclasses either. Not sure about MadLax. Point is well taken from this forum discussion: reclasses are common. We all need to acknowledge that and take it as part of the game rather than complaining about it.
They did well this summer? Didn't they lose Blue Hen Classic to PA Roughriders which included a star studded field of NXT, Next Level and some other B level teams. If you can't win against that competition you are far from elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax has at least one re-classed player, but not very many. BLC has a lot of Mater Dei kids so I expect that they have plenty of holdbacks.

Having seen VLC twice this fall, they are not at the Hawks/Looneys/Crabs level, but they beat FCA and BLC, and did well enough in summer tournaments to be ranked 13th nationally. Headed into spring I would peg them somewhere between 5 and 7 in the HoCo elite division. If indeed they have no holdbacks (which I find a bit hard to believe) that is not bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They did well this summer? Didn't they lose Blue Hen Classic to PA Roughriders which included a star studded field of NXT, Next Level and some other B level teams. If you can't win against that competition you are far from elite.
VLC also beat PA RR earlier that weekend, and there was no actual championship game. N0 one i saying VLC is the best team in the world, but as a top 20 team in the country you can't say they aren't elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are elite with hardly any holdbacks and should do well this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MadLax has at least one re-classed player, but not very many. BLC has a lot of Mater Dei kids so I expect that they have plenty of holdbacks.

Having seen VLC twice this fall, they are not at the Hawks/Looneys/Crabs level, but they beat FCA and BLC, and did well enough in summer tournaments to be ranked 13th nationally. Headed into spring I would peg them somewhere between 5 and 7 in the HoCo elite division. If indeed they have no holdbacks (which I find a bit hard to believe) that is not bad.

vlc doesn't have many holdbacks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa South/Green Hornets 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played at Summer Exposure, not MESA PA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa South/Green Hornets 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played at Summer Exposure, not MESA PA

Mesa Futures Orange (PA) played Summer Exposure in the AA bracket

Mesa South played way down like they should

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it Crabs dad. Holdbacks have nothing to do with it because both teams have them. Both held tryouts, one needed a lot of 25’s to reclass to finally become competitive, Hawks didn’t need to change much. Your new players are not enough to beat Hawks if you still can’t beat Looneys. But you are right, the topic will be resolved this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa Futures Orange 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played in the AA bracket, they went 0-4

https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publ...ivision=h20200624133833756bd2fb39887b340

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop it Crabs dad. Holdbacks have nothing to do with it because both teams have them. Both held tryouts, one needed a lot of 25’s to reclass to finally become competitive, Hawks didn’t need to change much. Your new players are not enough to beat Hawks if you still can’t beat Looneys. But you are right, the topic will be resolved this weekend.

I hope the floppy hat guy with jeans shorts is there. Will Rage put on a show for the masses?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a Hawks or Crabs dad, but I dont see how "almost no roster movement" by the top team is a bad thing for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mesa Futures Orange 2026 (Severna Park, MD) played in the AA bracket, they went 0-4

Why is everybody dumping on Mesa?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First its Green Hornets rec lacrosse dressed up as a club team - pay $200 or $2k - you tell me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No reason, just a new team to dump on. Next week it will be a different team that attempts to play up a division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not a Hawks or Crabs dad, but I dont see how "almost no roster movement" by the top team is a bad thing for them.

Agreed. Ideally, if you have a good team you are really only turning over one or two of the bottom players each year. My son's team has 6 new players, I am sure that they will take more time to gel.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't try to explain it to a Crabs dad, they can't even get their kids through 7th grade in one year!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks could have run up the score in Summer exposure and didn't. Not a Hawks dad but must give credit where it is due. I think the Looneys matchup this weekend will be good. Seems like Looneys have picked up some defensemen that are legit. #5 and #22 on that Hawks attack are very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very, very surprised to see True Annapolis playing down in the Chesapeake Fall Classic this week playing teams like Koopers. All the new talent they added, the premium price they charge and e superior and intense “training” they provide I would have thought they would be playing at Blandair to demonstrate their standing among the Crabs, Looneys, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First its Green Hornets rec lacrosse dressed up as a club team - pay $200 or $2k - you tell me

GH sold its soul but that's just what it is. Apparently they did a number of roster changes from the previous year's GH roster. The real test will come by spring/summer if they can compete at the elite levels they're targetting. I expect they could certainly become an elite level club. Overnight, no. Several people also question if all of these Severna Park High School affiliated coaches will have time for the teams come spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very, very surprised to see True Annapolis playing down in the Chesapeake Fall Classic this week playing teams like Koopers. All the new talent they added, the premium price they charge and e superior and intense “training” they provide I would have thought they would be playing at Blandair to demonstrate their standing among the Crabs, Looneys, etc.
I just checked out the schedule and MadLax is not playing either in the 2026 AAA/AA division. There are 4-5 teams in that bracket that I would think MadLax considers its peers. MadLax 2026 DMV and 2027, 2028, and 2029 Capital teams are all playing in their respective divisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not dumping, just clarifying:
MESA PA playing in 2026 AAA/AA
MESA (MD) playing in 2026 A/B

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's the white team. Their 2nd team. AYC is in it as well. I thought they merged with True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks could have run up the score in Summer exposure and didn't. Not a Hawks dad but must give credit where it is due. I think the Looneys matchup this weekend will be good. Seems like Looneys have picked up some defensemen that are legit. #5 and #22 on that Hawks attack are very good.

OK Hawks dad, pretzel

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Hawks dad, pretzel
🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨🥨

Like Reply Quote
Page 44 of 267 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard