BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 138 of 144 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed .....by now they should be able to see who belongs on each team . Let these kids practice with who they will be playing with so they can get the chemistry going . Will only make them stronger as a team if they practice as a team .

100% agree

Do you think we will lose again this year to the Hawks, LXC, Tigers, BBL, FCA? Do we have a chance against Sweetlax, Eclipse, Edge, Tommy Knockers, Cannons when we play them?

The post confirms exactly how much room we own in your tiny head Hawks dad. Let's compare rosters and birth dates. If we combined 25's & 26's like your teams do our boys would smoke yours.

Hawks claim to be playing in the WSYL. If so I guess we'll see who their holdbacks are.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed .....by now they should be able to see who belongs on each team . Let these kids practice with who they will be playing with so they can get the chemistry going . Will only make them stronger as a team if they practice as a team .

100% agree

Do you think we will lose again this year to the Hawks, LXC, Tigers, BBL, FCA? Do we have a chance against Sweetlax, Eclipse, Edge, Tommy Knockers, Cannons when we play them?

The post confirms exactly how much room we own in your tiny head Hawks dad. Let's compare rosters and birth dates. If we combined 25's & 26's like your teams do our boys would smoke yours.

Hawks claim to be playing in the WSYL. If so I guess we'll see who their holdbacks are.

👌😂🤣

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets just say what we are all thinking !, CoachC's team has lost key players and some who committed that aren't willing to risk injury. They are coming back to reality and are vulnerable now !

They always were vulnerable ! They consist of 3 players and if any of those players are out they lose !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% agree

👌😂🤣

This has been answered like 50 times. Hawks will be there minus 4 kids. Back up attackman, back up middie, one d pole and the huge attackman that was added last year. Unfortunately the huge middie and huge attackman are on age as are the rest. And I would imagine any on age kid that is dominant and looking for a team might be ringing their coaches number as a replacement. Good Day To You

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% agree[/quote]

Do you think we will lose again this year to the Hawks, LXC, Tigers, BBL, FCA? Do we have a chance against Sweetlax, Eclipse, Edge, Tommy Knockers, Cannons when we play them?[/quote]

The post confirms exactly how much room we own in your tiny head Hawks dad. Let's compare rosters and birth dates. If we combined 25's & 26's like your teams do our boys would smoke yours.[/quote]

Hawks claim to be playing in the WSYL. If so I guess we'll see who their holdbacks are.[/quote]

👌😂🤣[/quote]

This has been answered like 50 times. Hawks will be there minus 4 kids. Back up attackman, back up middie, one d pole and the huge attackman that was added last year. Unfortunately the huge middie and huge attackman are on age as are the rest. And I would imagine any on age kid that is dominant and looking for a team might be ringing their coaches number as a replacement. Good Day To You[/quote]

Adding more players for the WSYL will challenge the team chemistry. LI Express will be ready for them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks claim to be playing in the WSYL. If so I guess we'll see who their holdbacks are.[/quote]

👌😂🤣[/quote]

This has been answered like 50 times. Hawks will be there minus 4 kids. Back up attackman, back up middie, one d pole and the huge attackman that was added last year. Unfortunately the huge middie and huge attackman are on age as are the rest. And I would imagine any on age kid that is dominant and looking for a team might be ringing their coaches number as a replacement. Good Day To You[/quote]

Adding more players for the WSYL will challenge the team chemistry. LI Express will be ready for them.[/quote]

Team chemistry? Arent LIEs kids mostly imports for the event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me ask you a question, how mad are the parents on the 2022 2nd team? They look like it was the first time they played lacrosse yesterday, I mean my goodness how does CoachC even charge for that ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So let me ask you a question, how mad are the parents on the 2022 2nd team? They look like it was the first time they played lacrosse yesterday, I mean my goodness how does CoachC even charge for that ?

I'm sure he sleeps just fine at night.
That team should have never been placed in that tourney. Level of play is too high for a B team.
Little to no thought ever goes into what tourneys would be good for 2nd teams in Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does he charge for the back half of his own team for that matter?

They sit on the sidelines in the rain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the 2024 North team. Huge team. Very fast and athletic. Had to be there top team because they looked impressive.

What is wrong with Schwalije's 2024 team?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you see how many kids were on that team!!!! Crazy thing is they have a 3rd team. I can only imagine what that team looks like.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He charges for that because parents will pay. Some parents are so wealthy, some are crazy. Either way they pay. If you were selling your house for 700 grand and a buyer offered you 800 grand, what would you do? I’d take the extra 100 grand. I’m not saying I only want 700 grand. If someone is willing to pay it, I’ll take it. It’s the same concept. It sounds like a better job than I have. Taking a train to the city every morning, catching a subway, wearing a suit, home 8pm at night, exhausted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you see how many kids were on that team!!!! Crazy thing is they have a 3rd team. I can only imagine what that team looks like.

It really is sad. These parents pay thousands for their kids to play which is fine. Express leads them to believe that they are on a good team when CoachC takes 40 of the best for his team then leaves the scraps for the rest of the teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really is sad. These parents pay thousands for their kids to play which is fine. Express leads them to believe that they are on a good team when CoachC takes 40 of the best for his team then leaves the scraps for the rest of the teams.

instead of complaining about it, compete!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

instead of complaining about it, compete!

They can't compete against much more talented teams, as you saw this past weekend. Don't know who to blame but put the kids in the correct division and give them a fighting chance !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lower 1/3 of CoachC’s is nowhere near the best out there. Want your kid on his team , just ask and you are on it. You kid won’t see the field but you can say your boy is on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The lower 1/3 of CoachC’s is nowhere near the best out there. Want your kid on his team , just ask and you are on it. You kid won’t see the field but you can say your boy is on the team.

This is the same for his 2025 & 2026 teams as well. You're on the team but you won't see the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the same for his 2025 & 2026 teams as well. You're on the team but you won't see the field.

It's sad and the guy does nothing to coach the kids. he hires good coaches for his teams and again the other teams get the scraps, people are crazy to keep worshiping this guy????????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's sad and the guy does nothing to coach the kids. he hires good coaches for his teams and again the other teams get the scraps, people are crazy to keep worshiping this guy????????

I disagree. He's at every one of his teams practices and games. 2022, 2025 & 2026. Back on topic though... The lower 1/3 of those teams do not play and apparently some kids/parents are cool with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What makes you think it's different anywhere else? We played Igloo last week and there must have been 65 kids between both teams. I'm sure their B team is terrible too. Years ago everyone mocked CoachC for having so many kids. Now they all do it. I'm not saying it's right, just the sad reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So let me ask you a question, how mad are the parents on the 2022 2nd team? They look like it was the first time they played lacrosse yesterday, I mean my goodness how does CoachC even charge for that ?

What makes you think it's different anywhere else? We played Igloo last week and there must have been 65 kids between both teams. I'm sure their B team is terrible too. Years ago everyone mocked CoachC for having so many kids. Now they all do it. I'm not saying it's right, just the sad reality.[/quote

You are right. Most clubs are like that now. Express started it. The other clubs saw how much money they were making. And they joined in. When my oldest started playing. Teams were 18-20. Now it’s insane Don’t blame any of the clubs. At the end of the day I would assume most parents are happy with it. If they weren’t they would leave and find something else
The other thing I notice is that parents want to be part of a winning club. Doesn’t matter if their kids are getting play time or limited practice reps. They want the status symbol. I personally think it’s crazy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right. Most clubs are like that now. Express started it. The other clubs saw how much money they were making. And they joined in. When my oldest started playing. Teams were 18-20. Now it’s insane Don’t blame any of the clubs. At the end of the day I would assume most parents are happy with it. If they weren’t they would leave and find something else
The other thing I notice is that parents want to be part of a winning club. Doesn’t matter if their kids are getting play time or limited practice reps. They want the status symbol. I personally think it’s crazy.

It's so true. We saw in NJ a good 7-8 kids on his 2026 A team that never saw the field. Not even for one minute in the last game.
The kids that never play on the A team, could play with the 2nd team. They would get more than ample playing time with a great coach, making the entire team better. But they just can't bear to NOT be part of that CoachC team. People hang around for the wrong reasons and the only ones to blame are the parents. Don't tell me they're in it for the practices. That's BS. It's for the sliver of hope that CoachC will call upon you one day. If he hasn't by now, he never will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's so true. We saw in NJ a good 7-8 kids on his 2026 A team that never saw the field. Not even for one minute in the last game.
The kids that never play on the A team, could play with the 2nd team. They would get more than ample playing time with a great coach, making the entire team better. But they just can't bear to NOT be part of that CoachC team. People hang around for the wrong reasons and the only ones to blame are the parents. Don't tell me they're in it for the practices. That's BS. It's for the sliver of hope that CoachC will call upon you one day. If he hasn't by now, he never will.

Truth. I've seen it too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth. I've seen it too.

I can get a good look at a T Bone by sticking my head up a cows butt but I'd rather take the butchers word for it. Did you watch the previous 5 games where the boys all played evenly? Shortening the bench against a top team is a reality these kids need to learn, they're going to be in HS in two years. They all seemed pretty happy at the end of the SL game. Kids get better by practicing with the best team possible for 3 hours a week then doing solo work and attending some extra clinics, not by playing 20 mins in one game. Let's stop the Express hating, it's the top program on LI and one of the tops in the country. If it weren't, the forum about Express alone wouldn't exist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth. I've seen it too.

I can get a good look at a T Bone by sticking my head up a cows butt but I'd rather take the butchers word for it. Did you watch the previous 5 games where the boys all played evenly? Shortening the bench against a top team is a reality these kids need to learn, they're going to be in HS in two years. They all seemed pretty happy at the end of the SL game. Kids get better by practicing with the best team possible for 3 hours a week then doing solo work and attending some extra clinics, not by playing 20 mins in one game. Let's stop the Express hating, it's the
top program on LI and one of the tops in the country. If it weren't, the forum about Express alone wouldn't exist.

They do have top tier teams in every age group. The problem is that they have too many kids on each team. The top team in particular. Their 2nd and 3rd teams get crushed in B tournaments. Their 2nd and 3rd teams also get very little attention from the club. The coaches are not invested in them I’ve heard this from so many parents but as soon as they leave. There are 5 more people willing to take their spot . People stay with the hope of moving up. They also stay so they can put that shiny express sticker on their car. I’m not knocking coach c. He has a business model that is working. Good for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth. I've seen it too.

I can get a good look at a T Bone by sticking my head up a cows butt but I'd rather take the butchers word for it. Did you watch the previous 5 games where the boys all played evenly? Shortening the bench against a top team is a reality these kids need to learn, they're going to be in HS in two years. They all seemed pretty happy at the end of the SL game. Kids get better by practicing with the best team possible for 3 hours a week then doing solo work and attending some extra clinics, not by playing 20 mins in one game. Let's stop the Express hating, it's the
top program on LI and one of the tops in the country. If it weren't, the forum about Express alone wouldn't exist.

They do have top tier teams in every age group. The problem is that they have too many kids on each team. The top team in particular. Their 2nd and 3rd teams get crushed in B tournaments. Their 2nd and 3rd teams also get very little attention from the club. The coaches are not invested in them I’ve heard this from so many parents but as soon as they leave. There are 5 more people willing to take their spot . People stay with the hope of moving up. They also stay so they can put that shiny express sticker on their car. I’m not knocking coach c. He has a business model that is working. Good for him.

All good points.....the bottomline is that we the parents buy into his bs ! He says your little boys is a solid player and will only get better playing on his team. We see he has had success so we the parents buy it! Truth is simple on his top 2022 team he plays the same kids over and over and 25 kids sit and watch. He has 3 studs he runs into the ground and all the other kids get the scraps ! SAD! but like the other person said he has a great business model and we open up our checkbooks to this fool!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth. I've seen it too.

All good points.....the bottomline is that we the parents buy into his bs ! He says your little boys is a solid player and will only get better playing on his team. We see he has had success so we the parents buy it! Truth is simple on his top 2022 team he plays the same kids over and over and 25 kids sit and watch. He has 3 studs he runs into the ground and all the other kids get the scraps ! SAD! but like the other person said he has a great business model and we open up our checkbooks to this fool!

My son had limited playing time on the top team. During last season we asked to have my son moved to the decent 2nd team which was done. He now plays almost the entire game. My son didn't want to do it at first but he couldn't be happier with the move. They're not blowing every team out like they were but they win most games and all the ones that they should be winning. If you have a conversation with Coach C he is very open and honest and he's very approachable. If you don't know where your kid stands i'd say to have a conversation with him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it boils down to... are you paying for field time or development? If it's only field time you're paying for - there are tons of mid-level clubs where your kid can play all game. He won't be pushed and develop as much... but at least you can see him run around the field at tourneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’d saying paying for both. Development is great. There is also something called Fun. Is it fun for a kid and family to go to a tournament and watch them not play? If you and your family find this enjoyable, God Bless. Is the development so good, that millions of dollars will be earned down the line. If that were the case, sacrificing no fun would be understandable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it boils down to... are you paying for field time or development? If it's only field time you're paying for - there are tons of mid-level clubs where your kid can play all game. He won't be pushed and develop as much... but at least you can see him run around the field at tourneys

This statement is silly. Your basically saying the development only occurs on the practice field and not during games. Sorry but real game time is essential to a kids development.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i agree with that statement. i have seen many kids perform well in practice and can not bring that play to a real game situation. Everyone hits the GOLF BALL straight on the driving range. Just MO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This statement is silly. Your basically saying the development only occurs on the practice field and not during games. Sorry but real game time is essential to a kids development.

How about developing confidence? These parents who allow their kids to sit on the sideline and not play are destroying confidence. Because it is rare that you got from sitter to player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about developing confidence? These parents who allow their kids to sit on the sideline and not play are destroying confidence. Because it is rare that you got from sitter to player.

I'm sure their parents are "proud" of their kid for being on that top team and never seeing the field. That's a joke. That means your kid belongs on the next level down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure their parents are "proud" of their kid for being on that top team and never seeing the field. That's a joke. That means your kid belongs on the next level down.

The problem is a lot of those kids do belong at that level problem is when CoachC plays favoritism and only plays the same kids over and over until they are burnt out ! Its not the players is the coach !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids really play in any given day on CoachC 25, 26 ,22? Everyone sees the sidelines. How many attack, middies , really play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids really play in any given day on CoachC 25, 26 ,22? Everyone sees the sidelines. How many attack, middies , really play

15 KIDS MAX! Then he will sprinkle in others only if they are winning ! but a sideline of 40 kids is crazy! I'm happy where my kid is at and its not on Express !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

15 KIDS MAX! Then he will sprinkle in others only if they are winning ! but a sideline of 40 kids is crazy! I'm happy where my kid is at and its not on Express !

Then how on earth could you possibly have any credit here. Your kid does NOT play with Express, so in fact you really DON'T know.

I can speak for C's 26 team and they do NOT have 40 kids on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then how on earth could you possibly have any credit here. Your kid does NOT play with Express, so in fact you really DON'T know.

I can speak for C's 26 team and they do NOT have 40 kids on the sidelines.

He did not have 40 kids on the sideline at Tristar. However he did have close to 40 kids on his team(and 4 goalies) at laxfest in Connecticut over the summer . It seems he has clearly separated the teams this year. At tristar he had 3 goalies and a where from 22-25 kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
25 and 26 teams looked pretty good in CT Sunday. Didn’t look like the benches were too deep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would be surprised how many kids don't play much because for some reason they just stay at the end of the lineup on the sideline. I asked my son why he is playing so much recently and he said its because he is not taking himself out when he is on the field until the coach hauls him out or he is tired and other kids just stay at the end of the line. My son isn't one of the best kids, probably in the middle. I asked if there are other kids who didn't play much and he said yes because basically they are standing at the end of the line away from the coach. As a parent I think that maybe we all want the coach's to be on the sideline with a spreadsheet of players names and how much time they are getting but that's not reality unfortunately. My son has been on both sides of this starting out as the kid at the end of the line with no confidence but he has learned from his mistakes it seems. Is it a confidence thing, who knows but if your kid isn't getting enough minutes tell him to be on the coach's hip the whole game in front of the line to start with. If that's not working find another team where his talent level where get him into the game. AND I'm not a coach, just a parent who has seen both sides of getting no playing time and getting more playing time then others.

Like Reply Quote
Page 138 of 144 1 2 136 137 138 139 140 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard