BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 60 of 220 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Uniform
•Each Player Receives a Team Uniform
•First Year Player Receives -> BAG
•Second Year Player Receives -> Sweat Shirt
•Third Year Player Receives -> Sweat Pants
•Fourth Year Player Receives -> Long Sleeve Shirt

The TG website clearly states each player receives a new uniform which is included in the $1300, with perks being given the longer you are part of the organization. Bill Smith usually hands them out the practice before first tourney.
What a deal, but for some reason I’m having a hard time convincing my friends outside the lacrosse community.

additionally, unlike some "other" clubs the TG fee includes all tournament fee's.
I'm not sure anyone plays for the "free" swag..
that said, this is a FOR Profit organization, the hope is that the experience is worth more to you (your daughter) than what you put in ($)

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uniform

The TG website clearly states each player receives a new uniform which is included in the $1300, with perks being given the longer you are part of the organization. Bill Smith usually hands them out the practice before first tourney.
What a deal, but for some reason I’m having a hard time convincing my friends outside the lacrosse community.

additionally, unlike some "other" clubs the TG fee includes all tournament fee's.
that said, this is a FOR Profit organization, the hope is that the experience is worth more to you (your daughter) than what you put in ($)

$1300 club fees,$1000 hotels, $400 gas and tolls, $700 food and buying junk. Looking at $4000 to $5000 per year plus plus plus. So let's see, 5 tounaments say avg 4 games per. 20 games, but 24 kids on team so its about 10 games of playing time, say 10 hours of playing time. That breaks down to about $500 per hour to play travel lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uniform

$1300 club fees,$1000 hotels, $400 gas and tolls, $700 food and buying junk. Looking at $4000 to $5000 per year plus plus plus. So let's see, 5 tounaments say avg 4 games per. 20 games, but 24 kids on team so its about 10 games of playing time, say 10 hours of playing time. That breaks down to about $500 per hour to play travel lacrosse.

Yup, it's not for everyone. Is the experience worth the price you must pay? You may not thinks so, but many others do.

You pays your money, you makes your choice

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$1300 per girl, 24 girls per team, 15 teams,
minus $5 pinnie for new girls , tourn fees = $50 per player per 5 tournaments that is quite a profit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no that is some other idiot

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
minus $5 pinnie for new girls , tourn fees = $50 per player per 5 tournaments that is quite a profit.

Again- the TG website says fee INCLUDES UNIFORM- not just for new girls. Can someone who has been on the team for more than a year confirm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again- the TG website says fee INCLUDES UNIFORM- not just for new girls. Can someone who has been on the team for more than a year confirm?

My kid has had the same pinnie for three years. Her numbers have never pealed off and could care less about what she wears when she plays for TG. All she cares about is the girls that she plays with and the coaches instructing her. If the uniform is such an issue to you please find another team to play for next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid has had the same pinnie for three years. Her numbers have never pealed off and could care less about what she wears when she plays for TG. All she cares about is the girls that she plays with and the coaches instructing her. If the uniform is such an issue to you please find another team to play for next year.

Really?? A 3 year old uniform? That is disgusting. Shame on you for being such a coward and not demanding a new uniform every year! I have heard the organization was cheap but nor replacing a crappy pinnie and weird shorts takes it to a whole new level!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really?? A 3 year old uniform? That is disgusting. Shame on you for being such a coward and not demanding a new uniform every year! I have heard the organization was cheap but nor replacing a crappy pinnie and weird shorts takes it to a whole new level!

Really?? Call someone a coward over a uniform? Get over it and stop crying . If the quality of the uniform bothers you so much just leave next year and go back to the YJ or whatever club cut your daughter and play on their teams with their beautiful uniforms . I am sure it will make her catch the ball much better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

maybe we can hire you, and you can advocate for us cowards!
how much would you charge us?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHATS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT UNIFORMS ? My daughter loves to play, will play in pinnie,tee shirt, rag if you want her to. Is not what this is all about doing for our children. My daughter loves to compete and thats why I spend the money and nothing more. If she was not happy with her situation I would change clubs, because thats what it is all about. HER

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the uniform nonsense. Should the girls have nicer uniforms, yes.Do the girls want nicer uniforms ,yes.Will nicer uniforms make the girls play better, no.Should you pick a club based on uniforms, no.I have more of an issue with having so many kids on each team, although at least we are not YJ who have 28 kids on one of their teams, what a joke. Would be interesting to see a club that limits their teams to 20 maximum , 18 preferable. I would rather pay a little more and have less kids per team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHATS THE BIG DEAL ABOUT UNIFORMS ? My daughter loves to play, will play in pinnie,tee shirt, rag if you want her to. Is not what this is all about doing for our children. My daughter loves to compete and thats why I spend the money and nothing more. If she was not happy with her situation I would change clubs, because thats what it is all about. HER

The big deal is when a club puts in black & white on it's website that the fee covers a uniform THEN IT SHOULD!! I don't care if it's the cheapest uniform out there (and we all agree that it is) you as the consumer should receive what you agreed to. I agree with a previous poster- 3 year old pinnies are gross.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough with the uniform nonsense. Should the girls have nicer uniforms, yes.Do the girls want nicer uniforms ,yes.Will nicer uniforms make the girls play better, no.Should you pick a club based on uniforms, no.I have more of an issue with having so many kids on each team, although at least we are not YJ who have 28 kids on one of their teams, what a joke. Would be interesting to see a club that limits their teams to 20 maximum , 18 preferable. I would rather pay a little more and have less kids per team.

28 girls on a team is a lot. I don't think we ever had more than 18 on my daughter's YJ team; usually 15 for a tournament.

I disagree on the uniform issue. Not sure it makes a player better but they do play with pride. That can make a difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter wears her TG uniform and plays with pride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you don't like the uniforms, you gotta just leave. Can't [lacrosse] about it day in and day out. Just Leave!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
15 for a tourney is not the norm anymore. they will all show up, every last one of em. worst of all it is like town ball everyone plays equal time. i also would pay more for a team with only 18 kids. amen to that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe Capital out of VA runs 18-20/team. Only one I know of that runs less than 20...by choice

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
You have to have enough players to cover those that get injured or can't make a tournament for another reason. Also, remember these tournaments are hotter than [lacrosse] more often than not, you need enough kids to play so that breaks can be given so no one drops from heat exhaustion.

The uniforms? Whatever. The site says you get a uniform, not "a uniform every year." Would I like uni's with more swag? Sure. It's far from a dealbreaker though. I don't see why a few (or just one?) are so up in arms over it, but to each his or her own. I don't think any org gives out new uni's every year. In fact, my daughter played AAU bball for a while and when she left, they wanted her uni back to give to another player, so maybe be happy the TG pinnie you received was new. Haha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
28 is ridiculous and 24 is also way to many, I have yet to see a parent complain that their kid was too tired from playing too much and have heard many a complaint about playing time. These organizations are money making machines and until someone makes a better alternative they will keep rolling in the green ,crappy uniforms and all.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
28 is ridiculous and 24 is also way to many, I have yet to see a parent complain that their kid was too tired from playing too much and have heard many a complaint about playing time. These organizations are money making machines and until someone makes a better alternative they will keep rolling in the green ,crappy uniforms and all.

I agree 28 is ridiculous and 24 is high as well. I don't know the magic number but I do know the parents are dripping on the sidelines and we are not players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be talking about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. Our 2019 Black team has a lot of kids, but they all belong on this team. I can’t say that about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. There are about 5 kids that absolutely do not belong on that team. I hate to see the team split up, but maybe next year BS will add another team to reduce the roster (and make some more money).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be talking about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. Our 2019 Black team has a lot of kids, but they all belong on this team. I can’t say that about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. There are about 5 kids that absolutely do not belong on that team. I hate to see the team split up, but maybe next year BS will add another team to reduce the roster (and make some more money).
LOL! I heard some YJ parents complaining about this during winter ball. They said that there were some kids that don’t belong there and must have purchased the FAF plan. Too funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL! I heard some YJ parents complaining about this during winter ball. They said that there were some kids that don’t belong there and must have purchased the FAF plan. Too funny.
Out of those 28 kids, how many truly belong on that team? I’m sure some of the parents that have kids who deserve to be there don’t like this at all. I know I wouldn’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

I agree 28 is ridiculous and 24 is high as well. I don't know the magic number but I do know the parents are dripping on the sidelines and we are not players.

Coachingwise, 18-20 is ideal for a game. A weekend tournament, 22 is good. The girls are tired by the end of a hot summer weekend. More than that on the sidelines makes for cranky families...drive 4-6 hours and little Sally only plays a few minutes a game.... No good for anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't fool yourself, yes 28 way too many and there are some who do not belong but if you think all the kids on the 2019 TG black team are elite players you have no clue. The friends and family plan is starting to take shape on this team also ,there are several players from the same town team who have no business being on this team but that town has connections.Matter of fact the team has gotten weaker from last year in that some of the 2020 kids who moved down were stronger than some of the replacements.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Powderfinger

Coachingwise, 18-20 is ideal for a game. A weekend tournament, 22 is good. The girls are tired by the end of a hot summer weekend. More than that on the sidelines makes for cranky families...drive 4-6 hours and little Sally only plays a few minutes a game.... No good for anyone.

This sounds reasonable to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't fool yourself, yes 28 way too many and there are some who do not belong but if you think all the kids on the 2019 TG black team are elite players you have no clue. The friends and family plan is starting to take shape on this team also ,there are several players from the same town team who have no business being on this team but that town has connections.Matter of fact the team has gotten weaker from last year in that some of the 2020 kids who moved down were stronger than some of the replacements.
I'd rather take 2019 Black than the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be talking about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. Our 2019 Black team has a lot of kids, but they all belong on this team. I can’t say that about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. There are about 5
kids that absolutely do not belong on that team. I hate to see the team split up, but
maybe next year BS will add another team to reduce the roster (and make some more
money).

I'd rather take 2019 Black than the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team.

Well I'm sure you will play each other some time this summer probably at Nat'l Draw and you can judge the talent there and then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG wins at that age because their top players are better than YJ top players .Back half of teams are about equal.Eventually I think it will get very close with YJ overtaking them because YJ 2nd team( whatever they are being called these days) is much better compared to purple team and eventually the better players will replace the lesser kids on Carro. Also the coaching is not even remotely on the same level between these two teams.Very familiar with both these teams and to be honest glad my kid is on lower level team as both teams are filled with kids who rarely pass the ball and are complete ball hogs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You must be talking about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. Our 2019 Black team has a lot of kids, but they all belong on this team. I can’t say that about the 2019 Blue Carrow/ Mt. Sinai/Friends and Family team. There are about 5
kids that absolutely do not belong on that team. I hate to see the team split up, but
maybe next year BS will add another team to reduce the roster (and make some more
money).

Well I'm sure you will play each other some time this summer probably at Nat'l Draw and you can judge the talent there and then.

You would be wrong. For whatever reason these clubs flat out do not play each other at the younger ages, fact. YJ team will play other YJ teams meanwhile there is a tournament going on. I don't get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG wins at that age because their top players are better than YJ top players .Back half of teams are about equal.Eventually I think it will get very close with YJ overtaking them because YJ 2nd team( whatever they are being called these days) is much better compared to purple team and eventually the better players will replace the lesser kids on Carro. Also the coaching is not even remotely on the same level between these two teams.Very familiar with both these teams and to be honest glad my kid is on lower level team as both teams are filled with kids who rarely pass the ball and are complete ball hogs.
Don’t kid yourself. The lesser kids on Carro aren’t going anywhere. Don’t be surprised if you see some more FAF next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
money).

You would be wrong. For whatever reason these clubs flat out do not play each other at the younger ages, fact. YJ team will play other YJ teams meanwhile there is a tournament going on. I don't get it.

only way to avoid each other in championship format is to lose

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What town team are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
money).

The 2018 teams played each other last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t kid yourself. The lesser kids on Carro aren’t going anywhere. Don’t be surprised if you see some more FAF next year.

Eventually they do get moved, have seen it before many times.You can have all the connections you want but eventually CR wants her top team to win and changes get made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eventually they do get moved, have seen it before many times.You can have all the connections you want but eventually CR wants her top team to win and changes get made.

I can personally agree to this. When my daughter played YJ she moved up each year. Her first year on YJ was after 9th grade--started playing in 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny thing is some kids from the town you mention were moved off the team while TG black picked up a few who were unable to make it on the top YJ team in past years.Maybe they worked hard in the off-season and got better maybe its easier to make TG black. In my opinion which is a bit of a contradiction Tg wins at this age group but their team is easier to make, go figure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny thing is some kids from the town you mention were moved off the team while TG black picked up a few who were unable to make it on the top YJ team in past years.Maybe they worked hard in the off-season and got better maybe its easier to make TG black. In my opinion which is a bit of a contradiction Tg wins at this age group but their team is easier to make, go figure.
None of the new kids on TG Black or TG Purple came from 2019 Blue Carro/ Mt. Sinai/ Friends and Family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are they from?

Like Reply Quote
Page 60 of 220 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 219 220
Quick Reply