BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 72 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone going to National All Star game? Curious to see how you think NJ stacks up in the 21,22,23 groups.

Nope, just another waste of $$$ 2022 is the only level that has a shot. These are basically LE teams with a few Steps kids added. 2023s are weak as evedent by going 0-3. Beware the money grab that is Leading Edge. It's coming back to bite them. 2024 squad is even worse.

2026 team looks good. They went 3-0 against top notch competition this weekend and have made their case for being the best 2026 team in NJ.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone going to National All Star game? Curious to see how you think NJ stacks up in the 21,22,23 groups.

Nope, just another waste of $$$ 2022 is the only level that has a shot. These are basically LE teams with a few Steps kids added. 2023s are weak as evedent by going 0-3. Beware the money grab that is Leading Edge. It's coming back to bite them. 2024 squad is even worse.

2026 team looks good. They went 3-0 against top notch competition this weekend and have made their case for being the best 2026 team in NJ.
Slow your roll, they played B teams. It's great they went 3-0 but the only teams that played AA teams last weekend was the LE 25 and 24 teams. Both got beat but got better. I think the 2025 team played a b team last game and won by 13.
NJ teams never beat the top LI teams in the Fall. Losing by less than 4 is a postive. NJ teams only practice once a week and 90% of the kids play football, hockey or that other sport.
LI teams play a differnt game. They practice 2 to 3 times a week and play a Tom Izzo style, goalie has the ball in his stick less than 4 secods and he is hitting a middie in transition. LI kids never give up anther check is always coming.
It will take a mind shift to compete with LI teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Slow your roll, they played B teams. It's great they went 3-0 but the only teams that played AA teams last weekend was the LE 25 and 24 teams. Both got beat but got better. I think the 2025 team played a b team last game and won by 13.
NJ teams never beat the top LI teams in the Fall. Losing by less than 4 is a postive. NJ teams only practice once a week and 90% of the kids play football, hockey or that other sport.
LI teams play a differnt game. They practice 2 to 3 times a week and play a Tom Izzo style, goalie has the ball in his stick less than 4 secods and he is hitting a middie in transition. LI kids never give up anther check is always coming.
Counted exactly 6 excuses. Has to be a new low (or high). But hey, they will all be D1 recruits. Should have been you in the debate last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Counted exactly 6 excuses. Has to be a new low (or high). But hey, they will all be D1 recruits. Should have been you in the debate last night.
Snor. Don't you guys have anything better to do. The talent is spread out over a lot of teams in New Jersey. Good and bad things can be said about all of the NJ clubs. If you want the shine of a certain club - enjoy. The best kids - are the best kids and will be recruited in the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No excuses, its a fact top LI teams are better than top NJ teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is to the individual who posted about the LE 2024's. Before I respond, I must say this site has become childish where people argue back and forth over BBL and Leading Edge. It's as bad as Trump Biden. Everyone grow up and respond intelligently. Both Clubs have strengths and weaknesses. No one really cares about any team rankings until they reach the end of the summer season during their Freshman year; except the darn parents!

My first question is were you even there? If your on the NJ forum, I would assume your from NJ but there were no other NJ teams there when the 2024 's played. Did you drive all the way to Tinton Falls just to come watch?

The 2024's lost two games by 4 goals and one game by 5. They were in every game, Legacy probably dominated them a little more, they were 3-3 at halftime against Team 91. All the teams LE played were the exact same teams as the summer; their Attack and Middies did not change at all. Not Leading Edge though who has like 10 new kids, all of whom are upgrades from last summer when they lost to Team 91 (7-6) and Express (8-7). So to say they shouldn't be playing the LI teams is ludicrous. They play them all the time and will continue to do so and will have a chance to beat them in 2021.

LE had no set plays!!! Two practices!! The offense turned over so many new kids it was impossible to even run a play from last summer (which falls on the coaches for not getting a few in before this playday.) Likewise, this was the first time they got to see the new kids, so they played a little more. The defense looked good. The team was missing a starting defender and their best offensive player, who has a chance to be ranked very high in the nation once the age group is graded, is out until next year. Not an excuse but missing the best player who scored almost 40 goals last summer hurts.

The fall is to prepare for the summer. Yes, everyone likes to win but this a whole new team who will have to get used to each other. I'll revisit this next July/August 2021.

Good luck to everyone and I hope they let the tourneys go for this fall!!!

GCRL99

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is to the individual who posted about the LE 2024's. Before I respond, I must say this site has become childish where people argue back and forth over BBL and Leading Edge. It's as bad as Trump Biden. Everyone grow up and respond intelligently. Both Clubs have strengths and weaknesses. No one really cares about any team rankings until they reach the end of the summer season during their Freshman year; except the darn parents!

My first question is were you even there? If your on the NJ forum, I would assume your from NJ but there were no other NJ teams there when the 2024 's played. Did you drive all the way to Tinton Falls just to come watch?

The 2024's lost two games by 4 goals and one game by 5. They were in every game, Legacy probably dominated them a little more, they were 3-3 at halftime against Team 91. All the teams LE played were the exact same teams as the summer; their Attack and Middies did not change at all. Not Leading Edge though who has like 10 new kids, all of whom are upgrades from last summer when they lost to Team 91 (7-6) and Express (8-7). So to say they shouldn't be playing the LI teams is ludicrous. They play them all the time and will continue to do so and will have a chance to beat them in 2021.

LE had no set plays!!! Two practices!! The offense turned over so many new kids it was impossible to even run a play from last summer (which falls on the coaches for not getting a few in before this playday.) Likewise, this was the first time they got to see the new kids, so they played a little more. The defense looked good. The team was missing a starting defender and their best offensive player, who has a chance to be ranked very high in the nation once the age group is graded, is out until next year. Not an excuse but missing the best player who scored almost 40 goals last summer hurts.

The fall is to prepare for the summer. Yes, everyone likes to win but this a whole new team who will have to get used to each other. I'll revisit this next July/August 2021.

Good luck to everyone and I hope they let the tourneys go for this fall!!!

GCRL99

This is extreme wishful thinking. Good luck

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All gibberish aside which NJ team has the most focused and institutionalized recruiting efforts for the HS sophomores plus? Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All gibberish aside which NJ team has the most focused and institutionalized recruiting efforts for the HS sophomores plus? Thank you.

I do not think that there is any one club that is superior, many of the top clubs do a good job. As discussed on this forum before, it's the player that ultimately earns it, not the club. Most of the top club directors can pick up the phone and reach out on behalf of a player. No matter what year your kid plays, everybody knows who the top players are in each age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not think that there is any one club that is superior, many of the top clubs do a good job. As discussed on this forum before, it's the player that ultimately earns it, not the club. Most of the top club directors can pick up the phone and reach out on behalf of a player. No matter what year your kid plays, everybody knows who the top players are in each age group.
Totally on point.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wake up NJ Lax. Are we all too busy with football? Ok cool, just checking. Let's get back to this after next tourney played. Post results here and we'll have a healthy jersey discussion/argument over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

BBL has a very strong program at the moment, however these things are cyclical, just ask Tri-State and Leading Edge. The trick is to survive the downside. LE is on a bit of a downswing, and Tri State looks to be trending a bit with the SHP kids. As far as not surviving the downswing, I think that Mad Dog NJ is a pretty good example. Jury is probably still out on clubs like Bluestar and Riot which seem to be growing at a steady pace, a couple of good teams in these programs, but they need a few more years of demonstrated consistency.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious on kids on 2023 or 2024 teams how many kids are cut or changed from a team like a LE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curious on kids on 2023 or 2024 teams how many kids are cut or changed from a team like a LE.

A lot has to do with whether a better kid walks in the door, and their need at the time. When the 2023's went form 8th to 9th, I believe that they only added/dropped about 5 kids, not sure what happened this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Entering high school is a big change. BBL 2024 is example of this. That team has been built and gearing up to go after LI's top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Entering high school is a big change. BBL 2024 is example of this. That team has been built and gearing up to go after LI's top teams.

Problem is that they cannot compete with the holdback clubs, not their fault, just a fact. As for LI, they can gear up all they want, but the LI teams will gear up as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot has to do with whether a better kid walks in the door, and their need at the time. When the 2023's went form 8th to 9th, I believe that they only added/dropped about 5 kids, not sure what happened this year.

Between 8th and 9th you could see anywhere between 10 - 40% turnover, depending on talent. After 9th, they probably won't cut kids but about 20% will leave on their own for many reasons. Then each year they fill in positions with kids from other parts of the country as needed if they can't find them in NJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember back in 2017 when 4 of the top players left BBL Black 2019 to join RIOT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

BBL has a very strong program at the moment, however these things are cyclical, just ask Tri-State and Leading Edge. The trick is to survive the downside. LE is on a bit of a downswing, and Tri State looks to be trending a bit with the SHP kids. As far as not surviving the downswing, I think that Mad Dog NJ is a pretty good example. Jury is probably still out on clubs like Bluestar and Riot which seem to be growing at a steady pace, a couple of good teams in these programs, but they need a few more years of demonstrated consistency.
4 out of LE 6 2022 poles are going to Yale, Hoopkins, Loyola & UPenn and we are less than 40 days into the recruiting process. I hope they survive this downcycle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

4 out of LE 6 2022 poles are going to Yale, Hoopkins, Loyola & UPenn and we are less than 40 days into the recruiting process. I hope they survive this downcycle.

impressive indeed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Leading Edge 2024 dropped 9 players coming into the fall season. Probably could have cut three others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

The discussion is about the strength of the club, not recruiting success. The strength of a club has nothing to do with talented players being recruited, they are simply good players who would have been recruited by those schools no matter what club they played for. If you look at the wins/losses for the LE 2023s and 2024s, that is a downswing for LE as a club. That being said, the top kids on those teams will still get recruited to great schools, but playing for LE will not be the reason.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I heard that LE will basically recruit whoever from another state, even fly those in (if someone on track for D1). I get it to some point to hold up their reputation.

So do big cuts from 2025 then going into 8th?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh I heard that LE will basically recruit whoever from another state, even fly those in (if someone on track for D1). I get it to some point to hold up their reputation.

So do big cuts from 2025 then going into 8th?

Yes, usually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

The discussion is about the strength of the club, not recruiting success. The strength of a club has nothing to do with talented players being recruited, they are simply good players who would have been recruited by those schools no matter what club they played for. If you look at the wins/losses for the LE 2023s and 2024s, that is a downswing for LE as a club. That being said, the top kids on those teams will still get recruited to great schools, but playing for LE will not be the reason.
That might be one of the most ridiculous post. "Simply good players who would have been recruited by those schools no matter what club they played for." Ask the good players that played for Mad Dog National how that turned out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

That might be one of the most ridiculous post. "Simply good players who would have been recruited by those schools no matter what club they played for." Ask the good players that played for Mad Dog National how that turned out?

Wow, you just topped the most ridiculous post with "The" most ridiculous post..... MD National 2021: Penn (2) (1 being a decommit from Syracuse), Harvard (2), Villanova, Robert Morris, High Point (plus a handful of top D3 schools...MD National 2022 Syracuse, Ohio State, Georgetown, Utah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

It's really after the 2022s where the decline is happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

Yes, that was my earlier point, but the LE kool-aid has not worn off for some people yet. There was a time when the majority of the top players in NJ were on LE teams, this is simply not the case anymore, especially with the 2023s and 2024s. LE definitely has some great players, but in recent years, they have not attracted all of the top talent in NJ. Unlike the past, they simply cannot expect that they are going to get all of the best players simply because they are LE. Players have found a lot of success with other programs in the state.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

Yes, that was my earlier point, but the LE kool-aid has not worn off for some people yet. There was a time when the majority of the top players in NJ were on LE teams, this is simply not the case anymore, especially with the 2023s and 2024s. LE definitely has some great players, but in recent years, they have not attracted all of the top talent in NJ. Unlike the past, they simply cannot expect that they are going to get all of the best players simply because they are LE. Players have found a lot of success with other programs in the state.
What club does the RFH kid that's going to Yale play for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BBL BEST CLUB OUT OF NJ.

What club does the RFH kid that's going to Yale play for?
Parents must have drank alot of kool-aid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, that was my earlier point, but the LE kool-aid has not worn off for some people yet. There was a time when the majority of the top players in NJ were on LE teams, this is simply not the case anymore, especially with the 2023s and 2024s. LE definitely has some great players, but in recent years, they have not attracted all of the top talent in NJ. Unlike the past, they simply cannot expect that they are going to get all of the best players simply because they are LE. Players have found a lot of success with other programs in the state.[/quote]
What club does the RFH kid that's going to Yale play for?[/quote]
Parents must have drank alot of kool-aid![/quote]

I'm sure that he will love Yale, as will his new teammates from Tri-State, Bluestar and Riot...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club does the RFH kid that's going to Yale play for?[/quote]
Parents must have drank alot of kool-aid![/quote]

I'm sure that he will love Yale, as will his new teammates from Tri-State, Bluestar and Riot...[/quote]
Jersey Strong!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE 2026 11 out of 21 guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this mean LE 2026 11 out of 21 guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does your NJ club approach playing in a tournament in a state that is on the travel advisory list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does your NJ club approach playing in a tournament in a state that is on the travel advisory list?

They do not go, at least that was how it was handled this summer. I know that some NJ clubs did play in Maryland this summer while the state was still on the quarantine list, I think that Crab Feast and Naptown occurred during this period, but not positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do not go, at least that was how it was handled this summer. I know that some NJ clubs did play in Maryland this summer while the state was still on the quarantine list, I think that Crab Feast and Naptown occurred during this period, but not positive.

This is correct. They should not and the majority do not go. Plus the schools are clear with their expectations to follow the quarantine list rules. We received an email from our school regarding club sports explicitly (hockey, lax, etc.). No words were spared. You do not want your kid to be the one to bring it in school because of some club tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this mean LE 2026 11 out of 21 guys.

I guess it means that the other 10 guys are not LE 2026

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 hours or less in a “hot zone” does not require quarantining so OK as long as under 24 hours.

Like Reply Quote
Page 23 of 72 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard