Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes he’s on age

My kids team scrimmaged them this weekend sadly they have many more bigger than him, scary big team

No they don't

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
Anonymous #310902 09/30/20 09:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly you are savvy enough to look up that info so it’s surprising you think that is a crazy amount of money for a single team. For a 20 person team that amounts to a yearly tuition of $2800 per player. Seems pretty reasonable for a team that plays/practices year round and employed professional (I.e no dads) coaches.

What am I missing(it must be something)
No teams spend $2800 per player. The for profit teams in this area don’t even charge $2800 per player and those squads avg about $1k profit per player annually. In 2017 Tigers spent $27k which would be reasonable for all the costs (about $1350 per kid assuming 20 players). I’m not sure why this is relevant to anyone but the IRS, but wanted to point out what you were missing. From a lax standpoint, they are legit and yes they try and recruit top players on other teams, but all clubs do that. They happily allow guest players to come practice with them and see if its a fit for both sides. Not as much flexibility with other sports, but I think that’s what makes them so good.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310904 09/30/20 09:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any Philly teams playing in the 2025 (14U) World Series of Youth Lacrosse (last summer tournament was cancelled so there is 14U & 13U World Series)?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310948 09/30/20 01:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any Philly teams playing in the 2025 (14U) World Series of Youth Lacrosse (last summer tournament was cancelled so there is 14U & 13U World Series)?
Since WSYL will be played in MD next year, feels like there has to be a good amount of local representation. I know last time there was no interest in flying to Denver and I think brotherly love was the only area team that even went to regionals (which they won). Sept 1st cutoff means some teams have to trim a few for WSYL, but just an opportunity to bring in an even better guest player many times.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310950 09/30/20 02:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen any official announcements, but know for a fact a couple teams with plans to enter 14U and 13U teams in the WSYL. Being played 2 hours away is a huge benefit obviously, so I think there will be many more entries in our region than in 2019. My sons coach said our club hasn't made a decision as they need to decide do they move up older 2026s (ones born before 9/1/2007) to play 14U with our 2005s or bring in guest players. On the 13U level its more likely going to be guest players not 2027s filling in (just one club and not set in stone, but I assume other clubs are going through the same decisions).

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #310967 09/30/20 05:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly you are savvy enough to look up that info so it’s surprising you think that is a crazy amount of money for a single team. For a 20 person team that amounts to a yearly tuition of $2800 per player. Seems pretty reasonable for a team that plays/practices year round and employed professional (I.e no dads) coaches.

No teams spend $2800 per player. The for profit teams in this area don’t even charge $2800 per player and those squads avg about $1k profit per player annually. In 2017 Tigers spent $27k which would be reasonable for all the costs (about $1350 per kid assuming 20 players). I’m not sure why this is relevant to anyone but the IRS, but wanted to point out what you were missing. From a lax standpoint, they are legit and yes they try and recruit top players on other teams, but all clubs do that. They happily allow guest players to come practice with them and see if its a fit for both sides. Not as much flexibility with other sports, but I think that’s what makes them so good.

honestly, this financial analysis is the only interesting thing on this board! nice work pulling that number and firing up a conversation about it.
I think the $56k is reasonable expense. Here are my numbers (not a coach so these could be way off..let me know if they are as i'm actually really curious about these)

8 tourney's per year at 2k entry fee a piece = $16,000 (5 summer, 2 fall, 1 winter box tourney)

50 practices (average of 1 practice per week year round)
- $200 for field rental
- 4 coaches (I heard they have a lot of coaches...4 seems good)
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- 50 x ($200 + (4*$60*2))
- $34,000 for practices

Uniform Kit at $100/player = $2,000

tourney fees + practices + unis
$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

I'll throw in 4 $1000 coach's bonus for beating the hawks to round it out to $56K.

Am I somewhat close? If not, where am I wrong?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310968 09/30/20 05:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

honestly, this financial analysis is the only interesting thing on this board! nice work pulling that number and firing up a conversation about it.
I think the $56k is reasonable expense. Here are my numbers (not a coach so these could be way off..let me know if they are as i'm actually really curious about these)

8 tourney's per year at 2k entry fee a piece = $16,000 (5 summer, 2 fall, 1 winter box tourney)

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

I'll throw in 4 $1000 coach's bonus for beating the hawks to round it out to $56K.

Good analysis. I hear 100+ practices all year long. 6-10 coaches there most times.Top flight coaches so double pay assumptions other than the volunteers. And their annual weekly camps.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310969 09/30/20 05:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen any official announcements, but know for a fact a couple teams with plans to enter 14U and 13U teams in the WSYL. Being played 2 hours away is a huge benefit obviously, so I think there will be many more entries in our region than in 2019. My sons coach said our club hasn't made a decision as they need to decide do they move up older 2026s (ones born before 9/1/2007) to play 14U with our 2005s or bring in guest players. On the 13U level its more likely going to be guest players not 2027s filling in (just one club and not set in stone, but I assume other clubs are going through the same decisions).

Is TEAM a Philly U14 WSYL team?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310987 09/30/20 10:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

I am not disagreeing, but having 4 paid coaches for one team is kinda crazy imo. There are so many qualified lax minds in the area who just miss the game and volunteer at various clubs. I think your uniform costs are really low, those might be double to triple of your assumption. I think overall $56k is possible for sure, but the $27k for the year before seems impossible then.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310994 10/01/20 07:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

I am not disagreeing, but having 4 paid coaches for one team is kinda crazy imo. There are so many qualified lax minds in the area who just miss the game and volunteer at various clubs. I think your uniform costs are really low, those might be double to triple of your assumption. I think overall $56k is possible for sure, but the $27k for the year before seems impossible then.

Watching the big kid smack the stick out of his dads hand on the sidelines when he tried to force him to take faceoffs down 12-4........Priceless

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #310999 10/01/20 08:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

Watching the big kid smack the stick out of his dads hand on the sidelines when he tried to force him to take faceoffs down 12-4........Priceless

Please bring your daddy anger issues back to the Maryland board please. This is a nice place until you arrived.It is sad and embarrassing you are unable to handle your loss to them. For your kids sake stop trying to live through his youth sports. Wishing you a healthy and peaceful future. Therapy may also be therapeutic.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311012 10/01/20 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

Please bring your daddy anger issues back to the Maryland board please. This is a nice place until you arrived.It is sad and embarrassing you are unable to handle your loss to them. For your kids sake stop trying to live through his youth sports. Wishing you a healthy and peaceful future. Therapy may also be therapeutic.
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

TLDR

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #311066 10/01/20 02:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks Dad, please go back to your MidAtlantic Board and discuss your 14 year old 7th graders there. We are keeping things classy up here in Philly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311102 10/02/20 06:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay Classy Philadelphia!

Like Reply Quote