BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 79 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are all the local clubs playing a regular fall tourney schedule? NXT will be hosting Nightfall in Conshy this year and Harvest Classic still in West Chester/Downingtown so those should be close for everyone here. Also Adrenaline Gold Cup and Victory Fall Classic are in Frederica. Hopefully the PA teams register and represent well for the area. Good luck to all

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are PA teams going to play in the WSYL next year? I know the Sept 1st age cutoff is a problem for some, but Brotherly Love put together a great squad in 2019 to rep the area. Also it'll be played in MD not Denver which helps financially.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are PA teams going to play in the WSYL next year? I know the Sept 1st age cutoff is a problem for some, but Brotherly Love put together a great squad in 2019 to rep the area. Also it'll be played in MD not Denver which helps financially.
The Sept 1st age cutoff makes it tough for a lot of local team. A lot of the teams around here have august and even july or june bdays on their teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Sept 1st age cutoff makes it tough for a lot of local team. A lot of the teams around here have august and even july or june bdays on their teams.
My kid is to old but heard Tigers XX1V were formed for this tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Big boy makes the sept 1 cut off date?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If true, that would be impressive. Personally I don’t know of any teams that are 100% on age (I know my boys have never been on a club team with no holdbacks), but you could definitely only have a couple kids you need to replace to qualify.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes he’s on age

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes he’s on age

My kids team scrimmaged them this weekend sadly they have many more bigger than him, scary big team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes he’s on age

My kids team scrimmaged them this weekend sadly they have many more bigger than him, scary big team
What area does Tigers pull from? I see Newtown Square as their address as a 501(c)(3), but is that really their base? Also kinda crazy they had $56k in expenses for 2018 for a single team (unless there is more to them than the one squad).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club is crazy, 19 players at 3k is 57k. Pay for the tournaments, gear and some of the travel and it adds up quick.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes he’s on age

What area does Tigers pull from? I see Newtown Square as their address as a 501(c)(3), but is that really their base? Also kinda crazy they had $56k in expenses for 2018 for a single team (unless there is more to them than the one squad).

Clearly you are savvy enough to look up that info so it’s surprising you think that is a crazy amount of money for a single team. For a 20 person team that amounts to a yearly tuition of $2800 per player. Seems pretty reasonable for a team that plays/practices year round and employed professional (I.e no dads) coaches.

What am I missing(it must be something)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team was built by a parent for his son to play. If you are a Philly team don’t play them as they attempt to take your best player after the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team was built by a parent for his son to play. If you are a Philly team don’t play them as they attempt to take your best player after the game.

Considering they are the only team that just beat the number one team in the nation they are doing something right. Wish my kid had been invited to their team & was coached by the best coaches in the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid has been the #6 kid on there waiting list for 4 years and every year they have no openings. Anything else to get seen by them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering they are the only team that just beat the number one team in the nation they are doing something right. Wish my kid had been invited to their team & was coached by the best coaches in the game.

Are they planning on Scoopers ball again. The played 13 kids that entire game to win, while the #1 team used their entire roster. Tigers went on to go 0-3 for the rest of the day at NAL while the #1 team in the country went on to win NAL. Tigers slid from #2 in the country to #7 because of that. When they actually played their entire team the week before they lost 12-4. to that same team, they beat the #1 team in the country, but at what cost. To drop back six spots and go 1-3 at NAL. I guess it was worth completely running your team in the ground for 1 win while going winless the rest of the day and dropping 6 spots in the top 10. Sounds like good coaching. Not just caring about winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes he’s on age

No they don't

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly you are savvy enough to look up that info so it’s surprising you think that is a crazy amount of money for a single team. For a 20 person team that amounts to a yearly tuition of $2800 per player. Seems pretty reasonable for a team that plays/practices year round and employed professional (I.e no dads) coaches.

No teams spend $2800 per player. The for profit teams in this area don’t even charge $2800 per player and those squads avg about $1k profit per player annually. In 2017 Tigers spent $27k which would be reasonable for all the costs (about $1350 per kid assuming 20 players). I’m not sure why this is relevant to anyone but the IRS, but wanted to point out what you were missing. From a lax standpoint, they are legit and yes they try and recruit top players on other teams, but all clubs do that. They happily allow guest players to come practice with them and see if its a fit for both sides. Not as much flexibility with other sports, but I think that’s what makes them so good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any Philly teams playing in the 2025 (14U) World Series of Youth Lacrosse (last summer tournament was cancelled so there is 14U & 13U World Series)?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any Philly teams playing in the 2025 (14U) World Series of Youth Lacrosse (last summer tournament was cancelled so there is 14U & 13U World Series)?
Since WSYL will be played in MD next year, feels like there has to be a good amount of local representation. I know last time there was no interest in flying to Denver and I think brotherly love was the only area team that even went to regionals (which they won). Sept 1st cutoff means some teams have to trim a few for WSYL, but just an opportunity to bring in an even better guest player many times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen any official announcements, but know for a fact a couple teams with plans to enter 14U and 13U teams in the WSYL. Being played 2 hours away is a huge benefit obviously, so I think there will be many more entries in our region than in 2019. My sons coach said our club hasn't made a decision as they need to decide do they move up older 2026s (ones born before 9/1/2007) to play 14U with our 2005s or bring in guest players. On the 13U level its more likely going to be guest players not 2027s filling in (just one club and not set in stone, but I assume other clubs are going through the same decisions).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No teams spend $2800 per player. The for profit teams in this area don’t even charge $2800 per player and those squads avg about $1k profit per player annually. In 2017 Tigers spent $27k which would be reasonable for all the costs (about $1350 per kid assuming 20 players). I’m not sure why this is relevant to anyone but the IRS, but wanted to point out what you were missing. From a lax standpoint, they are legit and yes they try and recruit top players on other teams, but all clubs do that. They happily allow guest players to come practice with them and see if its a fit for both sides. Not as much flexibility with other sports, but I think that’s what makes them so good.

honestly, this financial analysis is the only interesting thing on this board! nice work pulling that number and firing up a conversation about it.
I think the $56k is reasonable expense. Here are my numbers (not a coach so these could be way off..let me know if they are as i'm actually really curious about these)

8 tourney's per year at 2k entry fee a piece = $16,000 (5 summer, 2 fall, 1 winter box tourney)

50 practices (average of 1 practice per week year round)
- $200 for field rental
- 4 coaches (I heard they have a lot of coaches...4 seems good)
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- 50 x ($200 + (4*$60*2))
- $34,000 for practices

Uniform Kit at $100/player = $2,000

tourney fees + practices + unis
$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

I'll throw in 4 $1000 coach's bonus for beating the hawks to round it out to $56K.

Am I somewhat close? If not, where am I wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

honestly, this financial analysis is the only interesting thing on this board! nice work pulling that number and firing up a conversation about it.
I think the $56k is reasonable expense. Here are my numbers (not a coach so these could be way off..let me know if they are as i'm actually really curious about these)

8 tourney's per year at 2k entry fee a piece = $16,000 (5 summer, 2 fall, 1 winter box tourney)

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

I'll throw in 4 $1000 coach's bonus for beating the hawks to round it out to $56K.

Good analysis. I hear 100+ practices all year long. 6-10 coaches there most times.Top flight coaches so double pay assumptions other than the volunteers. And their annual weekly camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I haven't seen any official announcements, but know for a fact a couple teams with plans to enter 14U and 13U teams in the WSYL. Being played 2 hours away is a huge benefit obviously, so I think there will be many more entries in our region than in 2019. My sons coach said our club hasn't made a decision as they need to decide do they move up older 2026s (ones born before 9/1/2007) to play 14U with our 2005s or bring in guest players. On the 13U level its more likely going to be guest players not 2027s filling in (just one club and not set in stone, but I assume other clubs are going through the same decisions).

Is TEAM a Philly U14 WSYL team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

I am not disagreeing, but having 4 paid coaches for one team is kinda crazy imo. There are so many qualified lax minds in the area who just miss the game and volunteer at various clubs. I think your uniform costs are really low, those might be double to triple of your assumption. I think overall $56k is possible for sure, but the $27k for the year before seems impossible then.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

I am not disagreeing, but having 4 paid coaches for one team is kinda crazy imo. There are so many qualified lax minds in the area who just miss the game and volunteer at various clubs. I think your uniform costs are really low, those might be double to triple of your assumption. I think overall $56k is possible for sure, but the $27k for the year before seems impossible then.

Watching the big kid smack the stick out of his dads hand on the sidelines when he tried to force him to take faceoffs down 12-4........Priceless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

Watching the big kid smack the stick out of his dads hand on the sidelines when he tried to force him to take faceoffs down 12-4........Priceless

Please bring your daddy anger issues back to the Maryland board please. This is a nice place until you arrived.It is sad and embarrassing you are unable to handle your loss to them. For your kids sake stop trying to live through his youth sports. Wishing you a healthy and peaceful future. Therapy may also be therapeutic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

Please bring your daddy anger issues back to the Maryland board please. This is a nice place until you arrived.It is sad and embarrassing you are unable to handle your loss to them. For your kids sake stop trying to live through his youth sports. Wishing you a healthy and peaceful future. Therapy may also be therapeutic.
[quote=Anonymous]

- $200 for field rental
- Coach Rate of $60/hr
- 2 hours per practice
- $34,000 for practices

$16K + $34K + 2K = $52K

TLDR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks Dad, please go back to your MidAtlantic Board and discuss your 14 year old 7th graders there. We are keeping things classy up here in Philly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay Classy Philadelphia!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol, Philly & classy go hand in hand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not my board, but I just saw this comment. As a parent of a player in MD, I think overall Philly lax players, parents and coaches are no average much classier than MD, NJ, NY or CT ones. No team is perfect and there are bad seeds everywhere, but given the behavior of philly pro sports fan (again, just a generalization) I have often been impressed when my sons' teams play HHH, PA RR, Freedom, Mesa, Bro Love, NXT and probably a couple others I am not thinking of. One of my boys teams had a (very well known) incident with a Philly team this summer and I was furious after the game with what took place, but he was quick to tell me how he felt it was a one off player and how much he respected the majority of the kids on that same team. Anyway, I still detest the Eagles, Flyers, Sixers and Phils, but you PA folks are doing something right up there, so keep it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not my board, but I just saw this comment. As a parent of a player in MD, I think overall Philly lax players, parents and coaches are no average much classier than MD, NJ, NY or CT ones. No team is perfect and there are bad seeds everywhere, but given the behavior of philly pro sports fan (again, just a generalization) I have often been impressed when my sons' teams play HHH, PA RR, Freedom, Mesa, Bro Love, NXT and probably a couple others I am not thinking of. One of my boys teams had a (very well known) incident with a Philly team this summer and I was furious after the game with what took place, but he was quick to tell me how he felt it was a one off player and how much he respected the majority of the kids on that same team. Anyway, I still detest the Eagles, Flyers, Sixers and Phils, but you PA folks are doing something right up there, so keep it up.
On behalf of Philly Lax dads, thank you! You are more than welcome on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did LI Express beat the Tigers today? Seems hard to believe

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An Express dad said 10-1, but would love to hear from someone on Tigers side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that's the case, please let us know if they are that much improved, or of the Tigers were missing players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If that's the case, please let us know if they are that much improved, or of the Tigers were missing players.

Tigers were missing a ton of fall multi-sport athletes. Guys...it's fall ball. Let's reign it back in a little bit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tigers were missing a ton of fall multi-sport athletes. Guys...it's fall ball. Let's reign it back in a little bit.

Just curious, Express dad's are taking about how they will sweep the WSYL now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just curious, Express dad's are taking about how they will sweep the WSYL now

PA Dads say go back to your boards. Bye

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tigers cant play in WSYL due to age limit. They’d be missing too much unless they want to take a shot at 14U.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tigers cant play in WSYL due to age limit. They’d be missing too much unless they want to take a shot at 14U.
I am guess you aren't a Tiger parent and don't know that to be a fact. It will be interesting to see how many kids are unable to play due to age limit. I know even some lesser teams in the area who have more than a couple kids who are born prior to Sep 1, 2007 for U13 and prior to Sep 1, 2006 for U14. I guess for nice these dad's can't brag about how much they helped their boy by holding them back (personally I don't care what you do to your child, but gets tiresome listening to).

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 79 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard