Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
NY Riptide Holiday Packs: 2 Season Tickets, 2 Sweatshirts, 2 Autographs and MORE – Just $159. Shop now at newyorkriptide.com || Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 09:20 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 09:01 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 08:31 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 08:26 PM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 12/01/20 08:24 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,146
Posts277,953
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 102 of 175 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 174 175
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #310826 09/29/20 01:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks pretty accurate, but two questions:

(1) What was MadLax's summer record against the bottom six teams? Assuming all teams at full strength, I think on any given day, Looneys, Crabs, VLC, and BLC would/could play MadLax even, so I would rank MadLax somewhere between 3 and 5, but not 2.

(2) Same question about 91 - what was their summer record? I would have put them near the bottom on par with FCA and NextLevel, not the middle.
This summer Madlax was 3-1 vs. Looneys, 2-0 vs. 91, 1-0 vs. FCA and didn't play the others

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #310831 09/29/20 02:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One middie and one attack??? You aren't watching the RR games then...there was one attack called out for a cheap shot against VLC but the rest of the time its been there defense doing the cheap shots and getting penalties. watched the games this past weekend and their defense had at least 8-10 penalties (that were called after the play) per game. they actually have a pretty good faceoff guy and a really good attack guy that need to find a better team...i'm sure an elite team will scoop them up soon.
Of course the cheap shots come from their defense, they play 4 times as much as their attack as they stink and never have the ball. I told one of the dad's his boy should go play for PA RR since they are apparently much better, he didn't find that funny at all (I was half serious, his kid was good).

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310838 09/29/20 02:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
their defenders are basically hockey goons- cannot stop anyone so they take cheap shots instead. Agreed- their faceoff and one attack should be on an elite team. We played them last weekend and the attackman is a gifted passer. Unfortunately his teammates can't catch. Their goalie is also pretty good but it's hard to tell when you have 50 shots a game being flung at you. I told our coach someone needs to pilfer their 2-3 good players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310840 09/29/20 03:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated 2026 Elite HOCO Rankings

Hawks
Madlax
Looneys
Crabs
VLC
BLC
FCA

I think Next Level could make a case against FCA as the last elite level team.
Looks about right. Some teams are on the way up, others are on the way down.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310841 09/29/20 03:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(1) What was MadLax's summer record against the bottom six teams? Assuming all teams at full strength, I think on any given day, Looneys, Crabs, VLC, and BLC would/could play MadLax even, so I would rank MadLax somewhere between 3 and 5, but not 2.

(2) Same question about 91 - what was their summer record? I would have put them near the bottom on par with FCA and NextLevel, not the middle.
This summer Madlax was 3-1 vs. Looneys, 2-0 vs. 91, 1-0 vs. FCA and didn't play the others

I think Looney’s beat Madlax 7-4. Lost to Madlax National In OT twice. I would give the edge to Looney’s.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #310844 09/29/20 03:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for that data. I think when MadLax returns to competition you will find Looneys has gotten better and FCA has gotten worse; not sure about 91.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310852 09/29/20 05:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Predictions that VLC would "dominate" Elite were delusional, but I like the confidence, and VLC has proven that it belongs in the division. Other than Hawks, they match up with anybody.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #310854 09/29/20 05:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the other 26 forum a few threads state the Hawks will play in WSYL without 4 of their players who were born a month or two before the 9/1 cutoff. My guess is these players will be the two tall starting attack, their tall fast mid and one of the 3 starting poles. These losses will hurt their chance to compete on offense as the two attack men and mid account for a large part of their scoring load. Losing one of their 3 big poles will hurt two but not as much as their offense drop off.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310857 09/29/20 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think Looney’s beat Madlax 7-4. Lost to Madlax National In OT twice. I would give the edge to Looney’s.
What is the difference between MadLax and MadLax National; and which one plays in HoCo?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310861 09/29/20 06:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the difference between MadLax and MadLax National; and which one plays in HoCo?

Madlax is the local HOCO team. Madlax national is mostly the local boys with some top players from other teams.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #310877 09/29/20 10:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Partially correct.
One of the big attack
Smaller attack
Smallest middle
And a pole.

They still maintain 97% of their scoring

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310878 09/29/20 10:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On the other 26 forum a few threads state the Hawks will play in WSYL without 4 of their players who were born a month or two before the 9/1 cutoff. My guess is these players will be the two tall starting attack, their tall fast mid and one of the 3 starting poles. These losses will hurt their chance to compete on offense as the two attack men and mid account for a large part of their scoring load. Losing one of their 3 big poles will hurt two but not as much as their offense drop off.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310887 09/30/20 04:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Partially correct.
One of the big attack
Smaller attack
Smallest middle
And a pole.

And they will fill these holes with on age guest players from other teams Every WSYL team does.

And the Long Island organizations with multiple teams like Li Express will create an all star team.

Read the rules, Not hard to do.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310888 09/30/20 06:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Partially correct.
One of the big attack
Smaller attack
Smallest middle
And a pole.

Cant be true. I saw a comment on myspace that said they were all 16 years old.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310897 09/30/20 07:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The speculating is funny and absolutely incorrect. Back up attackmen, 2 middies who play on the second and third line and 1 pole

Like Reply Quote
Page 102 of 175 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 174 175
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard