BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 37 of 69 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they smacked fl$ 8-1 not sure how good the 2017 fl$ Team is but GC made a statement

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A 2017 Garden City Team with all kids from GC i think they play together through the summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
A 2017 Garden City Team with all kids from GC i think they play together through the summer

Do they play on other teams too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard they smacked fl$ 8-1 not sure how good the 2017 fl$ Team is but GC made a statement

Something not right at fl$. The Director and his nephew were at the Pro Player tourn. The Director and his brother were watching the nephew and two other 2018 players play for another travel team. While the rest of the 2018 team was playing a game at OBLL. Odd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ? That is odd what team were they playing with?Was it the kids town team?That would make sense

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fl$ kid is 2018, not 2017. Yes, they prioritize Cold Spring Harbor lax over fl$, but that is the club motto. Home town lacrosse before all other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fl$ kid is 2018, not 2017. Yes, they prioritize Cold Spring Harbor lax over fl$, but that is the club motto. Home town lacrosse before all other.

It wasn't CSH lax. It was team Threashers another travel team. Is playing for another travel team part of the club motto?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really ? That is odd what team were they playing with?Was it the kids town team?That would make sense

No actually it was team Threashers. Kind of strange to be playing for another travel team with the Director of fl$ watching it. While the 2018 fl$ team they are supposed to be playing for is playing at OBLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope just this through the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mattituck JV brought up 5 8th graders, Did they make an impact? Last year's JV went 0-14, this year's JV same team plus 5 8th graders who all started and played, they went 7-7, I would say that's a start in the right direction and having a positive impact on a program. It's not only skill and ability that they bring to the team, it's also Lacrosse knowledge and an understanding of the game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those articles are CRAZY, written by CRAZY people, about CRAZY things. The whole thing is CRAZY. CRAZY people call people CRAZY. CRAZY, jealous, uninformed, ignorant people are CRAZY!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AHHHHHH. Clear, coherent, rationale. So nice. So they may not be "CRAZY" ?!?!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mattituck JV brought up 5 8th graders, Did they make an impact? Last year's JV went 0-14, this year's JV same team plus 5 8th graders who all started and played, they went 7-7, I would say that's a start in the right direction and having a positive impact on a program. It's not only skill and ability that they bring to the team, it's also Lacrosse knowledge and an understanding of the game.

That's a great way to build the program.Good Luck to them. Remember it should be about the best coaching and learning situation for these kids to develop.This isn't PAL lax. I once heard it call honors lax,just like an academic class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why was this comment repeated? Most people didn't know or care that Mattituck even played lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that's disappointing to hear. Sounds like do as I say and not as I do. But then again, only God knows what the real story is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So GC Summer Travel Team beat fl$ in one game. GC 8th Grade Middle School team (with a bigger and deeper team) lost to Manhasset 8th Grade Middle School. That same GC team also beat CSH 8th Grade who beat Manhasset in OT. Don't get caught up in individual game results. They are all kids and some days they show up collectively and some days they don't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset 8th grade beat Watagh 8th grade in double overtime yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of those teams are good Garden City has a very good defense, Mannhasset has a very sounded offense and CSH has a good strong midfield, GC has very skilled middies while Mannhasset attack is very skilled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ms gasser went into overtime and won vs Wantagh, who Garden City beat 12-1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ms gasser went into overtime and won vs Wantagh, who Garden City beat 12-1

some towns are mandated to play as many kids as possible

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OKAY, I think that the 4th graders have figured out about the web site. Cat's out of the bag.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some coaches run their teams in the same manner, with less emphasis on outcome. I personally would keep my best on the field, but many coaches seem to feel the need to exhibit their power by "sitting" the travel kids more than others would. Might this be wise? I can think of many benefits offered by this. Can you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why was this comment repeated? Most people didn't know or care that Mattituck even played lacrosse.

WOW, how obnoxious...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who won the 8th grade Terps vs Jesters yesterday??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters won by a few. Well played, competitive game all around

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please tell us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters beat Terps 9-6 (??)
than Terps BLACK beat Vipers 2016

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schools put the kids through a battery of tests and then take into consideration safety and playing time before they bring up an 8th grader to JV. My son had a great experience on JV this year, although I will admit seeing him going up against 200 plus pound 10th grade defenders made me a bit nervous. It was great training though and he learned strategies to use his speed and quickness to get around them. In our case he didn't take playing time away from anyone as the team really needed him at his position and the older kids were happy to have him on the team. I think it may have been different if we was taking an older kids spot though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps Black beat 9th grade Vipers

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the same Jesters 2017 team that had a parent going off on the team, coaches and organization on another thread? I guess they are not that bad. I wonder if that parent will now begin heaping praises on the club. (Doubt it.)

Or maybe Terps (what color are they today?) aren't that good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you from Terps Black parent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the jesters beat a c team, that had one practice in a month. Jesters are a very good A team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the jesters beat a c team, that had one practice in a month. Jesters are a very good A team.

Yes the Terps are a C team behind the turtles and the Terps black but they are a strong B team in actual play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the Jesters A team beat the Express C team by only 3 goals is what you're saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes the Terps are a C team behind the turtles and the Terps black but they are a strong B team in actual play.

I would say the Turtles are "AA" no? Terps Black are very good as well, an A team at least. The Terps that played the Jesters on Sunday are a good team as well, they have several Terps Black kids that play for them too. I would say they would have to be considered a strong B, maybe a lower A. They have a very good face off kid and a very good goalie which can keep them in a lot of games.

Jesters are a good team as well.

Dont understand why people feel the need to knock these kids and teams, theyre all very good players and good organizations. We should all feel good that our kids play against top quality competition all the time and that they can compete at this level. Its only going to help them when they get to the next level. Be proud of Long Island lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say the Turtles are "AA" no? Terps Black are very good as well, an A team at least. The Terps that played the Jesters on Sunday are a good team as well, they have several Terps Black kids that play for them too. I would say they would have to be considered a strong B, maybe a lower A. They have a very good face off kid and a very good goalie which can keep them in a lot of games.

Dont understand why people feel the need to knock these kids and teams, theyre all very good players and good organizations. We should all feel good that our kids play against top quality competition all the time and that they can compete at this level. Its only going to help them when they get to the next level. Be proud of Long Island lacrosse!

Agree on every point you stated. And for the haters & wise asses that come on here, you need to look at the [lacrosse] the good people of Oklahoma are dealing with right now and thank goodness you aren't dealing with that real life sad situation and be THANKFUL and stop being so negative.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They paid and practiced all winter. They were charged exhorbitantly for the "privelege" to be on the terps.

I guess the parents ran out of money, and could not afford to pay MC any more. Sounds like MC "killed the goose that laid the golden egg".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree on every point you stated. And for the haters & wise asses that come on here, you need to look at the [lacrosse] the good people of Oklahoma are dealing with right now and thank goodness you aren't dealing with that real life sad situation and be THANKFUL and stop being so negative.

Amen. Not to mention the fact that the kids are all friends and probably have played with or against each other at some point. I know my son speaks very highly about the kids he plays against all the time. We need to take lessons from them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats great. I was thinking the same thing. Wasn't it about a month ago that there were a bunch of Jester parents killing the organization and the coaching on the 2017 team. Now all is good in Jester land. These are 8th grade kids. they all have their ups and downs. don't get too high or too low when they go through them. most of them don't care an hour after the game. they want to get something to eat cause they are starving and want to get home and play Xbox with their friends.

Like Reply Quote
Page 37 of 69 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard