Anonymous #310675 09/28/20 08:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When 8th graders play down and showboat while beating up on 7th graders, I guess they start getting frustrated. Gosh darn those 12 year old boys for not being able to control themselves. Lock them all up!!
ok, I'll bite...my son's team isn't playing unfortunately, so what's the latest story from HoCo?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #310677 09/28/20 08:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from today?

Crabs absolutely dismantled FCA; that game was over in the first 5 mins of the game. I think the final score was 15-5; Crabs has definitely improved and FCA has definitely regressed. I’m not even sure if I would consider them elite at this point. How did they do against VLC?

I believe Crabs won 10-7 after a comeback of 1-6 at half.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310680 09/28/20 09:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When 8th graders play down and showboat while beating up on 7th graders, I guess they start getting frustrated. Gosh darn those 12 year old boys for not being able to control themselves. Lock them all up!!
ok, I'll bite...my son's team isn't playing unfortunately, so what's the latest story from HoCo?

Not much of a story. Crabs can't compete at 2026 level and it was embarrassing. They drop a few of there weaker 2025's down so they can actually compete now. Its the Crabs, it's why they do. If you are shocked by this you have not followed lacrosse in M. Its what they do and how they built their brand so well. Most teams with holdbacks were done in K or pre K. Some parents and programs lack shame.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310683 09/28/20 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This has nothing to do with Crabs. The "8th graders playing down and showboating" remark is from a Roughrider parent, defending RR's continued dirty play. But RR didn't play Crabs - they lost to Looneys (11-3) and to BLC (17-4). Can somebody from one of those teams say what happened?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310687 09/28/20 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR cheap shots continue into week 3.

Shame, , it use to be a respected club
They are still a solid club, just not at 2026. The PA RR is the focus of the 2026s as they are abnormally good. Unfortunately that makes MD RR 2026 talentless stunad jrs.
MD RR seemed to have a philosophy "we aren't going to win any games, so let's go out and try to injure some people."
I sincerely hope that this statement is not from a real RR parent, but from a bandwagon RR hater trying to make them look even worse than they already do. If you are an actual RR parent and you think that dirty play by your son is ok because of frustration over holdbacks or whatever, you should think seriously about getting him into another sport.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #310688 09/28/20 11:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RR cheap shots continue into week 3.

Shame, , it use to be a respected club
They are still a solid club, just not at 2026. The PA RR is the focus of the 2026s as they are abnormally good. Unfortunately that makes MD RR 2026 talentless stunad jrs.
MD RR seemed to have a philosophy "we aren't going to win any games, so let's go out and try to injure some people."
I sincerely hope that this statement is not from a real RR parent, but from a bandwagon RR hater trying to make them look even worse than they already do. If you are an actual RR parent and you think that dirty play by your son is ok because of frustration over holdbacks or whatever, you should think seriously about getting him into another sport.

You people need to get over yourselves. Dont confuse effort from a 12 year old with playing dirty . There was no dirty play from any team I saw this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310689 09/28/20 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you kidding? RR's were blown out by all these teams, and three weeks in a row, have responded by trying to injure opposing players. One such play could be forgiven as a 12 year old losing his cool, but a pattern is a bad look for RR coaches and parents. Instead of blaming HoCo, or holdbacks, or attacking the parents who call it out on this board, how about taking some responsibility?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #310695 09/28/20 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd like to know how many "holdbacks" the Crabs and Hawks have on their roster?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310697 09/28/20 12:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any scores from today?

Crabs absolutely dismantled FCA; that game was over in the first 5 mins of the game. I think the final score was 15-5; Crabs has definitely improved and FCA has definitely regressed. I’m not even sure if I would consider them elite at this point. How did they do against VLC?

I believe Crabs won 10-7 after a comeback of 1-6 at half.

I believe that was the VLC game......

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310701 09/28/20 12:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like the Hawks are playing in the WSYL, so I would guess not many.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #310709 09/28/20 01:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have 17 and Crabs has 21.....btw...they are the only teams in 26 that have holdbacks. No other teams in Elite do.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310710 09/28/20 01:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks have 17 and Crabs has 21.....btw...they are the only teams in 26 that have holdbacks. No other teams in Elite do.

I have only been on here for a few weeks but finally a honest answer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310714 09/28/20 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have only been on here for a few weeks but finally a honest answer.

There will be 4 kids missing from the Hawks roster at WSYL. That is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310721 09/28/20 02:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can somebody provide color and background on WSYL - which teams attend, how legitimate is it, etc. I think it is in Colorado (??) and if so, I would assume that a limited number of teams have the budget or desire to attend. But if they do manage to attract most of the USL top 10 in one place, without holdbacks, that would be a very cool event. Thanks!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310726 09/28/20 02:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question, how old this the Looney's goalie? Straight up? Yes, double hold back and they will not be play WSYL.....

Yep he should be a senior this year but just entering 7th grade. 🤣

However in reality he’s on age and is just talented. Probably the best goalie in the class of 2026.
Thought that crown belongs to the Hawks goalie, no?

No, their backup is the better of the two. Starter is a meatball who gets flustered very easily.

Like Reply Quote
Page 100 of 142 1 2 98 99 100 101 102 141 142
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard