BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Nope. It's the cost of equipment, club teams, tournaments & recruiting events. The soccer club system also excludes poor kids. I agree that lacrosse should be by age until high school. But looky here our boys are in HS and still people blather on about this. If your kid is a top D1 talent he'll get found regardless of age/club/school. If he's on the margins maybe just pick a D3 that fits his academics and he'll get to actually play. Or go to a big football school and play MCLA
Equipment is not expensive, club dues get compensated, its the parents like you that create the divide. I honestly have no idea what MCLA is, but I know my son loves lax and none of his friends have ever played as they see it as a rich white kids sport.

It's hilarious to see to see the expressions on some of these "Beachie Type, Karen Moms" when they walk on a field and see a team made up of majority of black kids. I wish there was more diversity...

Huh??? Not sure where you were trying to go with this, but it seems your point may have been lost.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. It's the cost of equipment, club teams, tournaments & recruiting events. The soccer club system also excludes poor kids. I agree that lacrosse should be by age until high school. But looky here our boys are in HS and still people blather on about this. If your kid is a top D1 talent he'll get found regardless of age/club/school. If he's on the margins maybe just pick a D3 that fits his academics and he'll get to actually play. Or go to a big football school and play MCLA
Equipment is not expensive, club dues get compensated, its the parents like you that create the divide. I honestly have no idea what MCLA is, but I know my son loves lax and none of his friends have ever played as they see it as a rich white kids sport.
You are spot on. $3000 club fees, $500 showcase fees, $35,000 to PG, and clubs convincing kids they can't succeed without them. The bar has been raised to benefit the rich and 99% white kids. The underprivileged don't even try anymore and that's showing up on LI big time. 7 of the top 10 boys in the class of 2021 are private school kids, schools that cost $25,000 plus. How is that possible? How does it happen in any sports that 7 of the top 10 players are rich and white?

This is the definition of white privilege and systematic racism. Rich white parents gaming a system that ultimately takes opportunities away from the underprivileged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are spot on. $3000 club fees, $500 showcase fees, $35,000 to PG, and clubs convincing kids they can't succeed without them. The bar has been raised to benefit the rich and 99% white kids. The underprivileged don't even try anymore and that's showing up on LI big time. 7 of the top 10 boys in the class of 2021 are private school kids, schools that cost $25,000 plus. How is that possible? How does it happen in any sports that 7 of the top 10 players are rich and white?

This is the definition of white privilege and systematic racism. Rich white parents gaming a system that ultimately takes opportunities away from the underprivileged.

Not quite lost. I am a minority and my kids play the sport and there is no racism that I have ever encountered. I've actually been given more opportunities than my friends kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd love to see a HBO sports or something like that about the white privilege lacrosse holdback system and how the other sports all go by year. Where and how it started and how people justify it. "I'm giving my son a better chance to get a college scholarship!". How about get your son to work harder like everyone else before you go the lori loughlin route.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd love to see a HBO sports or something like that about the white privilege lacrosse holdback system and how the other sports all go by year. Where and how it started and how people justify it. "I'm giving my son a better chance to get a college scholarship!". How about get your son to work harder like everyone else before you go the lori loughlin route.

The difference is that what Lori Loughlin did was illegal. Some may question the ethics of the "holdback" but no law against it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As if black kids don't (1) get held back and (2) get scholarship money from private schools. This has zero to do with racism (pretend "systemic" or otherwise) and everything to do with what sports are popular with different kids in different areas. Is it "systemic racism" that gets great black basketball players recruited by top end prep schools in greater numbers than white kids?

Around here there are many black kids who grew up in the area where lacrosse is seen as "cool". Those kids play and are given every opportunity (plus some extras ones with programs meant to "grow the game").

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age based youth lacrosse and holdbacks need not be thought of as mutually exclusive. I don't care what grade in school a kid is, or when he or she plans on graduating HS and/or entering college, so long as they play in youth events against kids their own age. College hockey at the D1 level, for instance, has mostly "older" student athletes, yet hockey at the youth level is competed on a BY basis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age based youth lacrosse and holdbacks need not be thought of as mutually exclusive. I don't care what grade in school a kid is, or when he or she plans on graduating HS and/or entering college, so long as they play in youth events against kids their own age. College hockey at the D1 level, for instance, has mostly "older" student athletes, yet hockey at the youth level is competed on a BY basis.

**yaaaaaawwwnnnnn

This is played out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

**yaaaaaawwwnnnnn

This is played out

Played out is an under statement! If parents elect to hold their kids back in order to get a leg up in the lax recruiting circuit, more power to them. But leave the "dead horse" alone in it's grave, beating it any further will not change a thing. I've always said, lax parents an odd bunch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Under Armor on Oct 17/18. Does anyone know how they are doing this? Do i have it right that all regions except us have played?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is so dense. If you move out of NY most of the kids are older because school starts in Aug and quite a few of the kids do not start K when they should so they are naturally older. It's been proven time and time again that collage coaches want older kids on campus so again pointless argument.

I get it it's not right that some are able to do it but most 17 year old kids have difficulty adapting to school at that level so if you have the means why not give them the best chance to succeed. You really believe the people doing this and going to those schools are thinking (PLL or BUST) come on people. We get it it's not for you but most of these parents had a plan in mind and it had nothing to do with their kids turning pro in Lax. I know it stings to see the commits form the kids you know are older and think man if my son had a year more he could have been that kid. Well you have the choice spend the money and hold him/her back.

This is the reason lacrosse will not grow beyond a certain point and can only flourish so much. The rich/poor divide will never allow the sport to rise in popularity to the level of football, basketball and soccer. If holdbacks are the way to succeed and you need money to holdback/post-grad a kid then you are cutting out a ton of the population. There is no reason lax needs to be a country club sport.

You are wrong. The reason lacrosse will never be more than a "country club sport" as you put it is there are no full scholarships. Most parents won't go in 100% for all the travel and club fees because a Football, Basketball player can get a full scholarship vs a few grand on average. On top of that there is the potential for careers on the sport as well as hockey so how is a sport with no financial future directly tied to play cutting out a ton of the population when they can play other sports and get free college if they are good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The North regional will be played right there at the Final tourn before

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason lacrosse is a "country club sport" beside the lack of scholarships is that in the pal or towns team like football, most towns, you're given all the equipment to play when you sign up for a reasonable price. And travel cost 3K - 4K . Lacrosse, you have to supply the helmet, stick, the shoulder pads, elbow pads and any other equipment you need...HS gives you the helmet and a uniform. When my son started to play, there were only a few spots around me where I could get the equipment...now at least you can get starter at Dicks, even some Walmarts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason lacrosse is a "country club sport" beside the lack of scholarships is that in the pal or towns team like football, most towns, you're given all the equipment to play when you sign up for a reasonable price. And travel cost 3K - 4K . Lacrosse, you have to supply the helmet, stick, the shoulder pads, elbow pads and any other equipment you need...HS gives you the helmet and a uniform. When my son started to play, there were only a few spots around me where I could get the equipment...now at least you can get starter at Dicks, even some Walmarts.

The game must be grown to lower the cost of initiation agreed. Have to support those who are growing this great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE: UA. So we play two games on Saturday morning to decide the North winner and then winner moves on later on Saturday to play South East and West the same day? So strange, so 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RE: UA. So we play two games on Saturday morning to decide the North winner and then winner moves on later on Saturday to play South East and West the same day? So strange, so 2020
No one cares!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares!

yeah, also they probably picked the kids through fake video submissions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one cares!

Grouchy - my son did not make it either smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts this year were sham. 6-8 teams to evaluate. 30 guys on each team. just thrown together for games. no evaluations drills. head spinning...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the undisputed boys showcase take place this year?

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Test

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has any coach given any real feedback regarding the Fall tourneys, showcases, etc . . My sons coach has said they they will have zero impact since coaches cant attend. Curious what others have been told.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has any coach given any real feedback regarding the Fall tourneys, showcases, etc . . My sons coach has said they they will have zero impact since coaches cant attend. Curious what others have been told.

Any non-campus showcase is normally shaky. Now without coaches? A social media hype bubble.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any non-campus showcase is normally shaky. Now without coaches? A social media hype bubble.

My son's team is going down to Maryland for a recruiting tournament that's useless. More $$ to fork out during covid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles look great !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense Meanyfocus on your own team and stop trying to find ways to make your soap opera life interesting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense Meanyfocus on your own team and stop trying to find ways to make your soap opera life interesting

My son's team is going down to Maryland for a recruiting tournament that's useless. More $$ to fork out during covid.

What LI teams are going down to Maryland tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What LI teams are going down to Maryland tournaments?

The truth is that only D1 schools are not attending showcases in person, D2 and D3 are, so maybe not such a waste of time. Also the tournaments and showcases get you more opportunities for game film, which may be important for reaching out to D1 coaches. Also, if your kid is seriously considering college lacrosse, why would they ever want to turn down an opportunity to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to mention the additional costs of hotel, eating out, gas, and most importantly it's going to be Virtual. I'm sure your kid is going to get a call from all the top D1 schools as a 10th grader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Did the undisputed boys showcase take place this year?

You forgot to mention the additional costs of hotel, eating out, gas, and most importantly it's going to be Virtual. I'm sure your kid is going to get a call from all the top D1 schools as a 10th grader.

1% is this weekend. Any feedback from prior attendees ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Did the undisputed boys showcase take place this year?

1% is this weekend. Any feedback from prior attendees ?

This was the first year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it is about getting game film which you should use to create a highlight reel to send to college coaches going into the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it is about getting game film which you should use to create a highlight reel to send to college coaches going into the summer.
Yeah, I can't wait to go down to Maryland to get some game film. Coach is clueless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my 2 cents as a 2022 parent in recruitment...

The Fall 2020 film for a 2023 recruit will not matter. College coaches won’t care about this film since it’ll be a year old once you enter recruitment. The coaches will go off of summer 2020 Under Armour Underclass attendees, their future camp/clinic attendees once the dead period is lifted and top club rosters to build their initial 2023 lists. And of course watching them play live whenever that will be able to occur again. For the 2022 class they did build these initial lists when they watched them live during the Fall of 2019 but these lists changed significantly by the time Sept came. They don’t ever look back at this old Fall film a year later. And who even knows what the recruit landscape will look like Sept 2021 if the current dead period continues into winter 2021 and if the spring 21 college season is altered. They will grant another year to current College players and even current 21 & 22 commits will be competing for spots and scholarship money. It’s been a very unusual recruiting season for the 22’s and I can’t imagine how it will be like for the 23’s. The biggest determining factor for the 2022 class commits has been the relationship your club recruiting Director or high school coach has with the individual college coaches. And of course where you stand with your club recruiting director or high school coach. Choose your club and high school very carefully.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Fall 2020 film for a 2023 recruit will not matter. College coaches won’t care about this film since it’ll be a year old once you enter recruitment. The coaches will go off of summer 2020 Under Armour Underclass attendees, their future camp/clinic attendees once the dead period is lifted and top club rosters to build their initial 2023 lists. And of course watching them play live whenever that will be able to occur again. For the 2022 class they did build these initial lists when they watched them live during the Fall of 2019 but these lists changed significantly by the time Sept came. They don’t ever look back at this old Fall film a year later. And who even knows what the recruit landscape will look like Sept 2021 if the current dead period continues into winter 2021 and if the spring 21 college season is altered. They will grant another year to current College players and even current 21 & 22 commits will be competing for spots and scholarship money. It’s been a very unusual recruiting season for the 22’s and I can’t imagine how it will be like for the 23’s. The biggest determining factor for the 2022 class commits has been the relationship your club recruiting Director or high school coach has with the individual college coaches. And of course where you stand with your club recruiting director or high school coach. Choose your club and high school very carefully.

Don't disagree except for narrowing it down to UA. I think coaches are moving away from the event and moving towards Main Stage and Juniors Open. These events from 2020 had a massive impact for big time recruits in the 2022 class. I think these events in 2021 will be big for 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't disagree except for narrowing it down to UA. I think coaches are moving away from the event and moving towards Main Stage and Juniors Open. These events from 2020 had a massive impact for big time recruits in the 2022 class. I think these events in 2021 will be big for 2023.

Word is that coaches are really still focusing on 2021's. Then they still need to get to the bulk of the 2022's. Late summer and Fall 2021 will be key for 2023, not much until then. This virus has not been kind to these 3 recruiting classes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word is that coaches are really still focusing on 2021's. Then they still need to get to the bulk of the 2022's. Late summer and Fall 2021 will be key for 2023, not much until then. This virus has not been kind to these 3 recruiting classes.

It looks some fall cancellations or adjustments are slowly being made and COVID is about to wreck havoc on October /November lax. Just received email re the ID experience and bc Maryland just added to travel ban from NY they are trying to find a way to move things. Oye, the fun is about to begin bc folks wont wear masks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looks some fall cancellations or adjustments are slowly being made and COVID is about to wreck havoc on October /November lax. Just received email re the ID experience and bc Maryland just added to travel ban from NY they are trying to find a way to move things. Oye, the fun is about to begin bc folks wont wear masks!

Wearing a mask is so easy, why not just do it? Too many macho men and women. Sad because we are screwing our own kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was that email from the IL ID folks and was it just to NY invitees? We are coming from PA and have not seen that email. I wouldn't be surprised as they had to move the UA games...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was that email from the IL ID folks and was it just to NY invitees? We are coming from PA and have not seen that email. I wouldn't be surprised as they had to move the UA games...

Good question. Don't know. We are from NY though so maybe that's the case.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard