BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 73 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 72 73
Re: Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FACT: No top team is going to WSYL. WSYL will be an assembly of B teams showcasing dropped balls, loose ball mosh pits and bad coaching. Keep your money and use your time on something more worthwhile.
Not actually true, but know what you're saying. Much better overall comp at NAL and NLF. My son is on age as a March 2008, but I much rather see him face the top 0226 teams vs. the ones that just fit the age requirement. Are you people going to wait until your boy is a senior in HS to let hm play varsity to avoid older players?

The older they get the age difference makes less of a difference.2025, 2026, 2027 still a big difference in the one year.
True, but if your son has any chance of playing against seniors as a freshman or even soph, he better get used to playing against 7th graders who are a few months older than him without daddy protecting him.

Get a grip. There is only one age based tournament a year, and you can have all the rest.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT: No top team is going to WSYL. WSYL will be an assembly of B teams showcasing dropped balls, loose ball mosh pits and bad coaching. Keep your money and use your time on something more worthwhile.
Not actually true, but know what you're saying. Much better overall comp at NAL and NLF. My son is on age as a March 2008, but I much rather see him face the top 0226 teams vs. the ones that just fit the age requirement. Are you people going to wait until your boy is a senior in HS to let hm play varsity to avoid older players?

The older they get the age difference makes less of a difference.2025, 2026, 2027 still a big difference in the one year.
True, but if your son has any chance of playing against seniors as a freshman or even soph, he better get used to playing against 7th graders who are a few months older than him without daddy protecting him.

All of this banter is pointless, the top teams are not going to build specials teams just for this silly tournament. It does not make any economical or logical sense. The US club lax has already identified the top teams. It is what it is, sorry that your team is at the bottom of the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express team is a better team. Everyone likes to make excuses, but in the end they are just better at this age. They have 3 or 4 kids on that team that are really good players. Their faceoff kid is lights out and they have a pole and an attack that are light years ahead of anyone at this current age. Good for them someone has to win !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Express team is a better team. Everyone likes to make excuses, but in the end they are just better at this age. They have 3 or 4 kids on that team that are really good players. Their faceoff kid is lights out and they have a pole and an attack that are light years ahead of anyone at this current age. Good for them someone has to win !!
Hawks will gladly play Express anytime you like

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So why do they get crushed annually by Hawks, LXC, Tigrs , Eclipse, sweetlax & fca?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, see you at the WSYL Chip!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows about the older kids on those teams and there is nothing you can do about it. Long Island is watered down! If there was only one program on LI and you chose the best for that team they would beat all of those teams. If the clubs got together and put an All Star team picked by coaches without kids on the team that team would be very competitive all over the country. That will never happen because the owners detest each other and would lose money. So until then Older teams like the ones mentioned will dominate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows about the older kids on those teams and there is nothing you can do about it. Long Island is watered down! If there was only one program on LI and you chose the best for that team they would beat all of those teams. If the clubs got together and put an All Star team picked by coaches without kids on the team that team would be very competitive all over the country. That will never happen because the owners detest each other and would lose money. So until then Older teams like the ones mentioned will dominate.

Don't the non-Long Island teams have other teams in their area competing for talent too? Are their areas as big and populated as Nassau & Suffolk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't the non-Long Island teams have other teams in their area competing for talent too? Are their areas as big and populated as Nassau & Suffolk?

There is no doubt the Long Island teams are excellent. Great skills and maybe impressive the kids play really hard. I'm not from LI but my son is on a strong team. I think he might be struggling to keep up. He's small but December b-day so on the older side. I am really focused on him having a good experience (fun), getting better and getting high school ready. Probably not worth spending a significant amount of time arguing over who is better. The Hawks are probably excellent too.

Keep in mind - there are 2 ways for club teams to get better. 1. develop the kids on the team. 2. replace the kids on the team with better players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no doubt the Long Island teams are excellent. Great skills and maybe impressive the kids play really hard. I'm not from LI but my son is on a strong team. I think he might be struggling to keep up. He's small but December b-day so on the older side. I am really focused on him having a good experience (fun), getting better and getting high school ready. Probably not worth spending a significant amount of time arguing over who is better. The Hawks are probably excellent too.

Keep in mind - there are 2 ways for club teams to get better. 1. develop the kids on the team. 2. replace the kids on the team with better players.
There is a third way...hold them back in school to be a year older!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is just so dense. One year age differences pre-HS are hugely determinative in terms of speed, strength, quickness, hand-eye, sports IQ, aggressiveness, etc. You seem to admit this. But then you say that a kid needs to play against older kids pre-HS in order to be able to play against older kids at the varsity level. This is just simply made up by you and there is zero evidence that this is true. Do you think any coach would say to a Freshman "you are my third best attackman, but because you didn't play against older kids when you were 12 I am putting you on JV"? And no, you don't have to play against older kids as a 12 year old to prepare for Varsity lacrosse. That is just silly. Its like saying I need to take my 13 yo to an empty parking lot to practice driving so he will be ready to drive when he is 16, or that I will need my 8 year to work on his calculus so that he will be ready for HS math.

And by the way, in an age based youth system, you can always have your kid play up if you, as a parent, thing he needs to play against older kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are and will always be a hammerhead. Look at the champions from 4 years ago and where their kids just got recruited to play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last post (#2,351) on age based / hold back just caused me to puke! Can we please stop beating the issue into the ground? Pllllllleeeeeeaaaasseeeee????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually it was #310082. Uh-oh got to puke again as I just glanced at it. Please stop discussing 6 months age difference and hold backs, etc. It is beyond a snore. Let the play speak for itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Actually it was #310082. Uh-oh got to puke again as I just glanced at it. Please stop discussing 6 months age difference and hold backs, etc. It is beyond a snore. Let the play speak for itself.

Where are all the top clubs playing for fall tourneys? NAL OR NLF only? Also where is the proof the WSYL is being held in MD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax might have something to say about that as they beat express easily... see "most" everyone at the world series in DC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Actually it was #310082. Uh-oh got to puke again as I just glanced at it. Please stop discussing 6 months age difference and hold backs, etc. It is beyond a snore. Let the play speak for itself.

Where are all the top clubs playing for fall tourneys? NAL OR NLF only? Also where is the proof the WSYL is being held in MD?

It says Washing DC 7/1-7/3 on the home page of the website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Sweetlax might have something to say about that as they beat express easily.

When and where was that game?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It says Washing DC 7/1-7/3 on the home page of the website

Seems like proof to me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tried to find you at NAL, but you were in the LIL guy bracket!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax might have something to say about that as they beat express easily... see "most" everyone at the world series in DC.

Tell us more about your great Sweetlax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell us more about your great Sweetlax!

Sweetlax is good. Finally a team other than Tigers to play for competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. Take a look where the kids on the WSYL championship team from 2016 just committed to play in college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice try. Take a look where the kids on the WSYL championship team from 2016 just committed to play in college.
huh?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT Play day

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CT Play day

nice job, if you know that then you should also know it was a one goal game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may want to check those scores. Not exactly accurate...
Sweetlax is very good, one of the top 2027 squads, but the weren't easily beating Express;

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may want to check those scores. Not exactly accurate...
Sweetlax is very good, one of the top 2027 squads, but the weren't easily beating Express;
Sweetlax is the best 2026 team after Hawks, fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All hail Express!! Bow down, underlings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are lots of teams in the Hawks geographic area but for a mom to feel really important; she needs to have a Hawks sticker on the window of hew Mercedes SUV (or other minivan if they don't want to start). (Those stickers cost like $2500.00 and they throw in some cool sweats for your son, too.) Otherwise its like you are not really playing lacrosse and there was no point in having your kid fail a grade in middle school. In Long Island there are lots of great teams who each can win and they cannibalize each other, seeming less dominant. In Maryland everyone fights for second place at the 2026 level.

As far as the holdbacks I don't get the complaints. There is a 62 year old on my 45+ team and he does not seem to have any advantage over the younger guys. If anything the exemption guys (under 45) on the roster seem to have the advantage. I am actually thinking of moving some of our scooper's kids to the 7th grade team to see if the pattern holds up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are lots of teams in the Hawks geographic area but for a mom to feel really important; she needs to have a Hawks sticker on the window of hew Mercedes SUV (or other minivan if they don't want to start). (Those stickers cost like $2500.00 and they throw in some cool sweats for your son, too.) Otherwise its like you are not really playing lacrosse and there was no point in having your kid fail a grade in middle school. In Long Island there are lots of great teams who each can win and they cannibalize each other, seeming less dominant. In Maryland everyone fights for second place at the 2026 level.

As far as the holdbacks I don't get the complaints. There is a 62 year old on my 45+ team and he does not seem to have any advantage over the younger guys. If anything the exemption guys (under 45) on the roster seem to have the advantage. I am actually thinking of moving some of our scooper's kids to the 7th grade team to see if the pattern holds up.

Now that is funny!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is "most" in quotes? Who is that directed at?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's assuming Express makes it that far

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope, they lost to the the Hawks.

In there last meeting hawks lost to tigers.
They played twice in the same week and split. Tigers won 5-4 and Hawks won 12-4. Both excellent teams, but Hawks are better.

So we will see you two at the WSYL? LMAO[/quote]

Well actually......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They played twice in the same week and split. Tigers won 5-4 and Hawks won 12-4. Both excellent teams, but Hawks are better.

So we will see you two at the WSYL? LMAO[/quote]

Well actually......
Wrong....Hawks dad . Hawks do not qualify due to being too old . Sure you're the best in the country just a year older than everyone else in the same bracket.

Lol, just wait and see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The good news is, the rental space in your head is absolutely free.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be careful what you ask for!!!!!!

Cant wait to see Sweetlax, Tigers and Tommyknockers!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Be careful what you ask for!!!!!!

Cant wait to see Sweetlax, Tigers and Tommyknockers!!!!!!

Going to interesting to see how the teams with hold backs handle it all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So we will see you two at the WSYL? LMAO

Well actually......
Wrong....Hawks dad . Hawks do not qualify due to being too old . Sure you're the best in the country just a year older than everyone else in the same bracket.

Lol, just wait and see[/quote]

13U and 14U can both qualify this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So we will see you two at the WSYL? LMAO

Well actually......

Lol, just wait and see

13U and 14U can both qualify this year[/quote]

Gonna be in for a big surprise at 13U. Not as many as you think for certain teams. Too many for other teams to be able to come and compete

Page 6 of 73 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 72 73

Link Copied to Clipboard