BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 267 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I held back my son. Best decision I ever made. Giving him that advantage has already paid off huge and I'm sure it will continue to do so. Just saying...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I held back my son. Best decision I ever made. Giving him that advantage has already paid off huge and I'm sure it will continue to do so. Just saying...
Congrats on stunting his social development and taking him away from his friends. Getting to play lax at that D3 school with a 1050 avg SAT vs. the one he would have attended with a 1030 avg. will make it all worthwhile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what's the upside of him playing vs younger kids besides improved confidence?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats on stunting his social development and taking him away from his friends. Getting to play lax at that D3 school with a 1050 avg SAT vs. the one he would have attended with a 1030 avg. will make it all worthwhile.

you know what they say about Assumptions, right? How do you know I took him away from his friends and stunted his social development? Pre-K hold back pal. Pretty sure he doesn't even remember little Ricky from his first Pre-K class. But he's been buddies with Big Mike since his 2nd Pre-K class. So he's just fine.

Being the biggest/fastest/strongest/smartest certainly helps. Honestly not sure why you wouldn't do it. You know, unless you can't afford to give that gift to your son. I get it. Somebody's got to work down at the docks. Appreciate it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Dad can brag about how good is son is obviously! No confidence boost for a kid who knows he's playing down.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll retort with what's the downside? There isn't any downside. So why wouldn't I take it? I get why it would be damaging to kid socially and developmentally if we reclassed him in middle school or just prior to high school. I'm not talking about that though. We did it early before any of that is a factor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being the biggest/fastest/strongest/smartest certainly helps. Honestly not sure why you wouldn't do it. You know, unless you can't afford to give that gift to your son. I get it. Somebody's got to work down at the docks. Appreciate it!

This has got to be 91/Gilman dad. Don't be so obvious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'll retort with what's the downside? There isn't any downside. So why wouldn't I take it? I get why it would be damaging to kid socially and developmentally if we reclassed him in middle school or just prior to high school. I'm not talking about that though. We did it early before any of that is a factor.
Starting a kid late in school is one thing, holding back after they have already started school is a whole different thing. Hugely different social ramifications.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Dad can brag about how good is son is obviously! No confidence boost for a kid who knows he's playing down.

He's not playing down. He's been a 2026 since the beginning of his playing days. The kids don't care. Only the parents care..after he rips a few top left on little johnny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of these holdbacks are the smartest. If they were top of the class, the parents would realize that is much more important than being a d3 lax recruit and paying full tuition anyway.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of these holdbacks are the smartest. If they were top of the class, the parents would realize that is much more important than being a d3 lax recruit and paying full tuition anyway.

You can’t get into a top D3 academically select school on grades alone, there are too many kids with straight As. Being a top lax player is a good hook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honestly I’m kidding. Just getting some lively banter going on a boring hump day. Who gives a shirt about holdbacks? Hope you guys enjoyed it as much as I did!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can’t get into a top D3 academically select school on grades alone, there are too many kids with straight As. Being a top lax player is a good hook.
Being rich and donating got your son in...sorry, he still stink at lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or McD , St Paul, CH, BL , STM, SP, Dad !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soccer?

No. Hamilton Football. Big Boy Football. Not the Rec team that your "physical" kids play.

Ive seen Hamilton football going back to 2007 and there isnt a 91 player that makes Hamilton. Too small and too slow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs/BLC score was surprising...Hoco has it Crabs 14 BLC 3, is that correct? Crabs were 1-6 in Hoco last spring, I guess they've improved.
Helps to get all of the 2025 long poles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to you. He’s getting made fun of by all of his peers behind his back because of your ego.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to you. He’s getting made fun of by all of his peers behind his back because of your ego.

hey buddy...catch up. it was a joke to get shirtheads like you to show their true colors. you make fun of children. congrats. you are a great human being.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hey buddy...catch up. it was a joke to get shirtheads like you to show their true colors. you make fun of children. congrats. you are a great human being.
The poster isn’t making fun of children, buddy. He’s pointing out the other children are. And they do. They are spot on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What teams are playing in the madlax tourney next weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs/BLC score was surprising...Hoco has it Crabs 14 BLC 3, is that correct? Crabs were 1-6 in Hoco last spring, I guess they've improved.

Is the psychological impact different for kids held back now as opposed to to pre k and K. Are they able to stop and think. Oh no, I am slower then my peers and needed to stay back a grade at this age. As opposed to be too young to know the difference like pre K and K. I would imagine it is embarrassing repeating a grade, it just shows you can't keep up intellectually. Surely they are not doing this for sports at this age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instead of making fun on children that are held back and dominating your son, i'd recommend you have a serious conversation with your little snowflake about how life isn't fair all the time and he (and you) are gonna have to deal with it. Then, after you give him a nice hug, you should kick his butt out the door and have him go .....HIT THE WALL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the psychological impact different for kids held back now as opposed to to pre k and K. Are they able to stop and think. Oh no, I am slower then my peers and needed to stay back a grade at this age. As opposed to be too young to know the difference like pre K and K. I would imagine it is embarrassing repeating a grade, it just shows you can't keep up intellectually. Surely they are not doing this for sports at this age.

hey Genius, where does the kid get the idea to start talking about holdbacks from? Does he pop out of his mom understanding the concept or is it taught to him by some whiny father who wants to blame other people for why little jonny isn't winning any lacrosse games. I done with the stunads on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hey Genius, where does the kid get the idea to start talking about holdbacks from? Does he pop out of his mom understanding the concept or is it taught to him by some whiny father who wants to blame other people for why little jonny isn't winning any lacrosse games. I done with the stunads on this board.
Oh no we are really gonna miss you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't we get back to discussing the competition in the area vs beating up on kids and holdbacks?

How is the HoCo fall league going to finish?
Can some of the teams that are falling off catch back up to the rest of the league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Instead of making fun on children that are held back and dominating your son, i'd recommend you have a serious conversation with your little snowflake about how life isn't fair all the time and he (and you) are gonna have to deal with it. Then, after you give him a nice hug, you should kick his butt out the door and have him go .....HIT THE WALL

Or take the easy way and hold him back.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't we get back to discussing the competition in the area vs beating up on kids and holdbacks?

Can some of the teams that are falling off catch back up to the rest of the league?

Crabs vs Looneys in the Finals
VLC and BLC fighting for 3rd
FCA playing the dominate roll over the AA Teams

Will Crabs FO be the difference or will Looneys Defense and transition game come through again?

VLC deserves to be in the elite discussion as BLC battles injuries.

FCA continues to pray for talent and Zingos and RR wish they were playing B.

Fall HS sports are back are the recs going to follow?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree!

Predicted order of finish:

Looneys
Crabs
VLC
BLC
FCA
RR/Zingos

If Hawks were playing, they would be at the top; MadLax would be competitive with the top 3, and above the bottom 4.

Am I right or wrong?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs vs Looneys in the Finals
VLC and BLC fighting for 3rd
FCA playing the dominate roll over the AA Teams

Will Crabs FO be the difference or will Looneys Defense and transition game come through again?

VLC deserves to be in the elite discussion as BLC battles injuries.

FCA continues to pray for talent and Zingos and RR wish they were playing B.

Fall HS sports are back are the recs going to follow?

Zingos and Roughriders were AAA in spring league. Give them a shout out for playing up in the fall and challenging themselves. They could have done what my son’s AAA team did and play down and hammer everyone, but it makes for really boring lacrosse and no one is getting better for it. It was the right move for those two teams. I wish my son’s team had done the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess...

Looneys
VLC
Crabs
BLC
FCA
ZIngos/RR?

Madlax would be towards top just not sure where they fall. Hawks are still the best in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess...

Looneys
VLC
Crabs
BLC
FCA
ZIngos/RR?

Madlax would be towards top just not sure where they fall. Hawks are still the best in the area.

I would like to see Hawks play the improved Looney’s team first before we continue with best in the area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - is there going to be a playoff round or is everything done on October 4?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess...

Looneys
VLC
Crabs
BLC
FCA
ZIngos/RR?

I would like to see Hawks play the improved Looney’s team first before we continue with best in the area.

Where did anyone say the best? We are talking about HOCO Fall. I think everyone on the forum knows is Hawks is better than anyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question - is there going to be a playoff round or is everything done on October 4?
No playoffs. This league was just to get them playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean this league was just to help the Howard County revenue shortfall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean this league was just to help the Howard County revenue shortfall.

Says the Dad who has no clue......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Joke is actually on you ! You got caught and now you are backtrapping.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Joke is actually on you ! You got caught and now you are backtrapping.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My guess...

Looneys
VLC
Crabs
BLC
FCA
ZIngos/RR?

Where did anyone say the best? We are talking about HOCO Fall. I think everyone on the forum knows is Hawks is better than anyone else.
“Madlax would be towards top just not sure where they fall. Hawks are still the best in the area“

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And.....we are back at complaining at each other. Is this site more about attacking each other than constructive discussions?

If parents have a problem with holdbacks complain to US lax.

complaining at each other does nothing to help your cause. There a multitude of reasons to hold your child back and many have nothing to do with athletics. There are many reasons not to hold your child back. Do what works for your child and family.

Like Reply Quote
Page 36 of 267 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard