Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #310389 09/23/20 03:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every HS sport has holdbacks....all for same reason...BETTER CHANCE AT A SCHOLORSHIP...it just that simple.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #310390 09/23/20 03:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Every HS sport has holdbacks....all for same reason...BETTER CHANCE AT A SCHOLORSHIP...it just that simple.
Maybe if you weren't held back you would know how to spell SCHOLARSHIP

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310399 09/23/20 06:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is so dense. If you move out of NY most of the kids are older because school starts in Aug and quite a few of the kids do not start K when they should so they are naturally older. It's been proven time and time again that collage coaches want older kids on campus so again pointless argument.

I get it it's not right that some are able to do it but most 17 year old kids have difficulty adapting to school at that level so if you have the means why not give them the best chance to succeed. You really believe the people doing this and going to those schools are thinking (PLL or BUST) come on people. We get it it's not for you but most of these parents had a plan in mind and it had nothing to do with their kids turning pro in Lax. I know it stings to see the commits form the kids you know are older and think man if my son had a year more he could have been that kid. Well you have the choice spend the money and hold him/her back.

This is the reason lacrosse will not grow beyond a certain point and can only flourish so much. The rich/poor divide will never allow the sport to rise in popularity to the level of football, basketball and soccer. If holdbacks are the way to succeed and you need money to holdback/post-grad a kid then you are cutting out a ton of the population. There is no reason lax needs to be a country club sport.

Nope. It's the cost of equipment, club teams, tournaments & recruiting events. The soccer club system also excludes poor kids. I agree that lacrosse should be by age until high school. But looky here our boys are in HS and still people blather on about this. If your kid is a top D1 talent he'll get found regardless of age/club/school. If he's on the margins maybe just pick a D3 that fits his academics and he'll get to actually play. Or go to a big football school and play MCLA

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310407 09/23/20 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. It's the cost of equipment, club teams, tournaments & recruiting events. The soccer club system also excludes poor kids. I agree that lacrosse should be by age until high school. But looky here our boys are in HS and still people blather on about this. If your kid is a top D1 talent he'll get found regardless of age/club/school. If he's on the margins maybe just pick a D3 that fits his academics and he'll get to actually play. Or go to a big football school and play MCLA
Equipment is not expensive, club dues get compensated, its the parents like you that create the divide. I honestly have no idea what MCLA is, but I know my son loves lax and none of his friends have ever played as they see it as a rich white kids sport.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #310430 09/24/20 10:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse .... where rich parents screw over poor kids.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #310431 09/24/20 10:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Equipment is not expensive, club dues get compensated, its the parents like you that create the divide. I honestly have no idea what MCLA is, but I know my son loves lax and none of his friends have ever played as they see it as a rich white kids sport.
You are spot on. $3000 club fees, $500 showcase fees, $35,000 to PG, and clubs convincing kids they can't succeed without them. The bar has been raised to benefit the rich and 99% white kids. The underprivileged don't even try anymore and that's showing up on LI big time. 7 of the top 10 boys in the class of 2021 are private school kids, schools that cost $25,000 plus. How is that possible? How does it happen in any sports that 7 of the top 10 players are rich and white?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #310437 09/24/20 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give any advice on these Fall showcases for the 2023s? Is there any value in attending if college coaches aren't there? Thinking about signing my son up for one but these things are $500 and take up a whole day. Other than "getting used to the experience" is there any point as far as recruiting?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310446 09/24/20 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give any advice on these Fall showcases for the 2023s? Is there any value in attending if college coaches aren't there? Thinking about signing my son up for one but these things are $500 and take up a whole day. Other than "getting used to the experience" is there any point as far as recruiting?

No, its a waste of money at this age group unless you are going to a showcase for a specific college.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310453 09/24/20 02:34 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im not sure that anyone is looking at 2023's, but getting used to the experience is not a bad idea. It's also a great way to get film for his highlight reel that you'll need to send to coaches in the spring and summer. Get as much film as you possible can just in case the dead period extends again.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310497 09/25/20 04:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's hilarious to see to see the expressions on some of these "Beachie Type, Karen Moms" when they walk on a field and see a team made up of majority of black kids. I wish there was more diversity...

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #310518 09/25/20 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's hilarious to see to see the expressions on some of these "Beachie Type, Karen Moms" when they walk on a field and see a team made up of majority of black kids. I wish there was more diversity...

Huh??? Not sure where you were trying to go with this, but it seems your point may have been lost.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310521 09/25/20 11:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are spot on. $3000 club fees, $500 showcase fees, $35,000 to PG, and clubs convincing kids they can't succeed without them. The bar has been raised to benefit the rich and 99% white kids. The underprivileged don't even try anymore and that's showing up on LI big time. 7 of the top 10 boys in the class of 2021 are private school kids, schools that cost $25,000 plus. How is that possible? How does it happen in any sports that 7 of the top 10 players are rich and white?

This is the definition of white privilege and systematic racism. Rich white parents gaming a system that ultimately takes opportunities away from the underprivileged.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310533 09/25/20 01:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the definition of white privilege and systematic racism. Rich white parents gaming a system that ultimately takes opportunities away from the underprivileged.

Not quite lost. I am a minority and my kids play the sport and there is no racism that I have ever encountered. I've actually been given more opportunities than my friends kids.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310536 09/25/20 01:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd love to see a HBO sports or something like that about the white privilege lacrosse holdback system and how the other sports all go by year. Where and how it started and how people justify it. "I'm giving my son a better chance to get a college scholarship!". How about get your son to work harder like everyone else before you go the lori loughlin route.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310541 09/25/20 02:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'd love to see a HBO sports or something like that about the white privilege lacrosse holdback system and how the other sports all go by year. Where and how it started and how people justify it. "I'm giving my son a better chance to get a college scholarship!". How about get your son to work harder like everyone else before you go the lori loughlin route.

The difference is that what Lori Loughlin did was illegal. Some may question the ethics of the "holdback" but no law against it.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard