BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 85 of 311 1 2 83 84 85 86 87 310 311
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Positive cases among students at Spalding and the school has halted in-person learning.

Despite attempts in recent years to put lipstick on it that place is, and always has been, a Glen Burnie dumpster fire.

Who is this dude with such a hard on for ripley and spalding? Go worry about your own kid as much as you obsess about spalding weirdo

Same guy whose son didnt get invited with the rest of players to attend Spalding, Still bitter instead of telling his son to " Hit The Wall"

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL trying to create the same buzz with DP as the did w JS Smart to keep things relevant w recruiting Odd group of four schools Wonder if the selection of schools with large offers was less due to his lackluster end of summer leading up to Sept 1 objectively felt he was 2nd to third best on his Hawks team last few events especially IL Mania My money is on UNC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 cases in a school of 1,000+ students. That is a .2% positivity rate or 15 times below the state average. There will be cases of Covid when schools open just like there are cases of the flu every year.

So the lacrosse is still practicing and playing in the AACO fall league as the dingers?

Any updates as to why the principal and vice principal were fired?

Who cares? This is a lacrosse forum, not Peyton Place
Great answer lol

I had to google Peyton Place.. Funny stuff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the dead period being extended out to January 1, any reason to wait for in person coaches meetings is gone. Now its just a matter of getting offers and choosing among them. Folks forget this is a game of musical chairs. Aside from programs that keep some $$ in reserve for late bloomers and/or poaching, most of the scholarship money goes early.

Get yer 1/12 early or miss out!

For a private college, 1/12 times $75k times four years is $25k (a little less if you PV it) of tax free money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the dead period being extended out to January 1, any reason to wait for in person coaches meetings is gone. Now its just a matter of getting offers and choosing among them. Folks forget this is a game of musical chairs. Aside from programs that keep some $$ in reserve for late bloomers and/or poaching, most of the scholarship money goes early.

Get yer 1/12 early or miss out!

For a private college, 1/12 times $75k times four years is $25k (a little less if you PV it) of tax free money.

Ok, so you pay $275,000 and save $25,000. For those holdbacks it becomes a wash since you paid that amount in tuition for the extra year. For the rest it means maybe recouping the wasted money paid in club dues, gas, hotels, and car wear/tear. notIntelligent racket.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IL trying to create the same buzz with DP as the did w JS Smart to keep things relevant w recruiting Odd group of four schools Wonder if the selection of schools with large offers was less due to his lackluster end of summer leading up to Sept 1 objectively felt he was 2nd to third best on his Hawks team last few events especially IL Mania My money is on UNC

So many kids rushing to commit to schools. I agree think the shorter midfielder outplayed DP both tournaments I saw them in at Naptown and mania event. He plays mostly midfield on Hawks Extended dead period is not helpful to those of us trying to get our kids recruited

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Positive cases among students at Spalding and the school has halted in-person learning.

Despite attempts in recent years to put lipstick on it that place is, and always has been, a Glen Burnie dumpster fire.

Who is this dude with such a hard on for ripley and spalding? Go worry about your own kid as much as you obsess about spalding weirdo

Same guy whose son didnt get invited with the rest of players to attend Spalding, Still bitter instead of telling his son to " Hit The Wall"

Can't wait to see the St. Mary's vs. Spalding game this year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So many kids rushing to commit to schools. I agree think the shorter midfielder outplayed DP both tournaments I saw them in at Naptown and mania event. He plays mostly midfield on Hawks Extended dead period is not helpful to those of us trying to get our kids recruited
The former Rough Riders kid out played the highly ranked Slainte kid, but the FCA kid might have been the best player on the field at Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The former Rough Riders kid out played the highly ranked Slainte kid, but the FCA kid might have been the best player on the field at Naptown.

LOL, glad you folks don't coach MIAA or collegiate ball because you wouldn't be able to hold a job. Team A has lots of stud offensive players: Team B puts their top LSM on their perceived #1M, best SSDM on their 2 and slides fast to both if necessary. This opens up #3 for step down shots and great dodging opportunities in space. If you have a great #3, that player will shine and often get the most goals in settled O. The better your #1 and #2 are, the more opportunities for #3 (don't you folks watch basketball). Every coach wants 6 great offensive players, who play well together, on the field at once so he can keep a defense off balance and make them pay for cheating (aka overplaying or sliding early) to the better players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL, glad you folks don't coach MIAA or collegiate ball because you wouldn't be able to hold a job. Team A has lots of stud offensive players: Team B puts their top LSM on their perceived #1M, best SSDM on their 2 and slides fast to both if necessary. This opens up #3 for step down shots and great dodging opportunities in space. If you have a great #3, that player will shine and often get the most goals in settled O. The better your #1 and #2 are, the more opportunities for #3 (don't you folks watch basketball). Every coach wants 6 great offensive players, who play well together, on the field at once so he can keep a defense off balance and make them pay for cheating (aka overplaying or sliding early) to the better players.

Please stop DP was 3/4 best player on his team not overall, yes that may ruin what they are trying to sell.same at Mid night mania. Li kid is clearly tops and deserving 1 then the debate for 2-5 Seeing it first hand its very obvious not the best on his own team Amazing how fast this recruiting year is moving. Understand the early slides but all the great ones get early slides and still produce. Dp surrounded with much more talent than LI kid and yet LI kid is clearly the best one on a good team and produces every game and teams double him everyplay. Former RR kid was impressive and FCA was is great

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2 cases in a school of 1,000+ students. That is a .2% positivity rate or 15 times below the state average. There will be cases of Covid when schools open just like there are cases of the flu every year.

So the lacrosse is still practicing and playing in the AACO fall league as the dingers?

Any updates as to why the principal and vice principal were fired?

Who cares? This is a lacrosse forum, not Peyton Place
Great answer lol

I had to google Peyton Place.. Funny stuff

You guys are funny.

Anyway, Archbishop Spalding is now the poster child for failed in-person reopening and what happened at the school will likely factor into any MIAA sports decisions. On the other topic: While the "cause" has not been officially announced, some Spalding parents are telling people they believe the administrators were abruptly fired due to inflation of grades for athletes (which for the sake of the current athletes I really hope is not true).

To me this all seems very relevant to a Maryland high school lacrosse forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever posted about not being able to wait for the Spalding vs St. Marys game must like blowouts. Spalding lacrosse is a joke no matter what Daddy Lids, washed up Cottle, Greedy Hogan and D3 National Champion Brendan Kelly say. Ding Ding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Spalding administrators were fired for having a relationship with each other. However also being fired for grade inflation wouldn’t surprise me either. The school is a joke and Is just a public school with a 5 figure price tag. They won’t be able to compete with the blue bloods or even make the playoffs with the hawks 2022 squad. Once that experiment is over it’s gonna be back to usual dumpster fire that is Spalding Lacrosse. Trashy from the top down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever posted about not being able to wait for the Spalding vs St. Marys game must like blowouts. Spalding lacrosse is a joke no matter what Daddy Lids, washed up Cottle, Greedy Hogan and D3 National Champion Brendan Kelly say. Ding Ding.

Spalding beats St Mary's this year by 3-5 . Better get your towel out for crying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor has it Petro in now coaching the defense now @spalding.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard the Spalding administrators were fired for having a relationship with each other. However also being fired for grade inflation wouldn’t surprise me either. The school is a joke and Is just a public school with a 5 figure price tag. They won’t be able to compete with the blue bloods or even make the playoffs with the hawks 2022 squad. Once that experiment is over it’s gonna be back to usual dumpster fire that is Spalding Lacrosse. Trashy from the top down.

"I am so jealous of Tom and BK that all 1200 children and their families at Spalding are trash". Wow nothing more petty and insecure than a prep school lacrosse dad. Does your wife ever mess up the harmony when you're out cruising in the range rover? Hope she has an outlet for getting what she needs while you obsess about other men all day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"I am so jealous of Tom and BK that all 1200 children and their families at Spalding are trash". Wow nothing more petty and insecure than a prep school lacrosse dad. Does your wife ever mess up the harmony when you're out cruising in the range rover? Hope she has an outlet for getting what she needs while you obsess about other men all day.

Your assumption that I’m a parent is wrong. And what is there to be jealous of over at Spalding? The wonderful education or the many playoff appearances? If you’re gonna chose to go to a school for lacrosse at least make sure they’re decent at the sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rumor has it Petro in now coaching the defense now @spalding.

He is !! Spalding makes playoffs this year , that is a given

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spalding beats St Mary's this year by 3-5 . Better get your towel out for crying.[/quote]

Delusional. They say that every year. Laxx program with kids that would ride the bench at St. Mary’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The little RR attackman might be a good B conference player but the dad is first team All American STUNAD!!! Has been since the third grade with the Diamondbacks

Who is laughing now. The kid committed to play for Bucknell. Top 25 program. Top 3 power conference. And BTW will get a excellent education his 4 years @Bucknell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The little RR attackman might be a good B conference player but the dad is first team All American STUNAD!!! Has been since the third grade with the Diamondbacks

Who is laughing now. The kid committed to play for Bucknell. Top 25 program. Top 3 power conference. And BTW will get a excellent education his 4 years @Bucknell.

Great......and the dad(YOU, Steve) are STILL a first team All American STUNAD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National All Star games I must say was a pleasant surprise Organized with a good pool of talent. Great representation by the state of Maryland, all the best players from Maryland played on the 2022 Baltimore squad what a team to watch Very impressed with the CH midfielder , thought was best on team as well as CH attackman, have to say the lefty Lids was extremely impressive throughout as was a few others and defense and goalies were eye popping wow were they good Not to pile on previous conversations but was unimpressed with the BL att/mid DP this is now the 3rd or fourth time I have watched him and expect much much more with all the hype IL gives him will also say I am not alone on that thought was mot one of top players on his own team let alone country. This event was something I can see over taking UA with it having graduation years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National All Star games I must say was a pleasant surprise Organized with a good pool of talent. Great representation by the state of Maryland, all the best players from Maryland played on the 2022 Baltimore squad what a team to watch Very impressed with the CH midfielder , thought was best on team as well as CH attackman, have to say the lefty Lids was extremely impressive throughout as was a few others and defense and goalies were eye popping wow were they good Not to pile on previous conversations but was unimpressed with the BL att/mid DP this is now the 3rd or fourth time I have watched him and expect much much more with all the hype IL gives him will also say I am not alone on that thought was mot one of top players on his own team let alone country. This event was something I can see over taking UA with it having graduation years

Was it a NLF event?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there something like this tournament for the girls? Or is the UA150 considered?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is kid is playing out of natural position. He is a lefty attackman. But we all know who is playing that position.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get why people focus on the Hawks '22 and Spalding. The core of that team is SJC Cadets, who will be playing for Hawks and an NL Cadets team this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is kid is playing out of natural position. He is a lefty attackman. But we all know who is playing that position.

I would agree with nearly all of the above which is rare for this board. Think the analysis is spot on, I dont think the poster is saying he isnt a good player but identifying he is not who some are trying to make him out to be. Too many games where he is a complete non factor or invisible top 5 guys in a class dont disappear and are invisible . As far as position goes teams can play with two leftys and lets say it as much as some people may not like to hear it Lids kid has had a really great summer. Hawks have many players that have been better all summer some of which that are not from the traditional powers besides the CH kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

23s had a lot of BL (crabs) and CH (FCA) boys in it; not surprised by they at all. The lefty attack for Md (CH) kid just hasn’t impressed me in either the UA or this recent All-Star game. When his hands are free he has a great shot but he gets bullied by defenders, isn’t quick enough to get open and turns the ball over consistently. Just can’t understand the hype around him; better lefty attack in the MD area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

23s had a lot of BL (crabs) and CH (FCA) boys in it; not surprised by they at all. The lefty attack for Md (CH) kid just hasn’t impressed me in either the UA or this recent All-Star game. When his hands are free he has a great shot but he gets bullied by defenders, isn’t quick enough to get open and turns the ball over consistently. Just can’t understand the hype around him; better lefty attack in the MD area.

Assume you're talking about Kelly... you must be new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Assume you're talking about Kelly... you must be new.

Not sure if his name but was very average in his play. I’ve seen much better talent at that position elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would agree with nearly all of the above which is rare for this board. Think the analysis is spot on, I dont think the poster is saying he isnt a good player but identifying he is not who some are trying to make him out to be. Too many games where he is a complete non factor or invisible top 5 guys in a class dont disappear and are invisible . As far as position goes teams can play with two leftys and lets say it as much as some people may not like to hear it Lids kid has had a really great summer. Hawks have many players that have been better all summer some of which that are not from the traditional powers besides the CH kids

Yeah it isn’t fair to the kid he is a good player just not a top 5 IL try’s hard to make him that but it is very clear to everyone he is not that player. I agree very inconsistent personal view is DP is 3rd best on Hawks and probably 5-6th overall On a different note it is in astonishing the amount of 2022 players committed already overall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah it isn’t fair to the kid he is a good player just not a top 5 IL try’s hard to make him that but it is very clear to everyone he is not that player. I agree very inconsistent personal view is DP is 3rd best on Hawks and probably 5-6th overall On a different note it is in astonishing the amount of 2022 players committed already overall

I will start off by saying There’s no love lost with myself and hawks as son is on a competing club in Maryland DC area and I have witnessed first hand some of the antics spoken about on here. After being at National all star games last week I was looking forward to seeing sons team play 91 so I Watched the 91 LI team play this weekend and the 91 Attackman JS is head and shoulders the top player in this class Saw him earlier this summer with a different team and he was really really good but to watch him with his regular team and knowing the players around him was special. Kid does it all rides like his life depends on it had a few big big hits as an Attackman and scores or assists almost at will Kids going to Be fun to watch . Our Sons game with Them was super competitive and was probably most entertaining game I’ve witnessed in some time. Looking forward to rest of fall feel like with no football for many Lacrosse was really good. Next few weeks months will be fun. 1% next week Seems like all the best talent will be there

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team has the most 2022 commits so far?

Hawks 9
MD91 5
FCA 4
Madlax 4
RoughRiders 4
Crabs 1
Api 1
Rock 1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect, Crabs has at
Least 3. Penn, Syracuse and Villanova.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect, Crabs has at
Least 3. Penn, Syracuse and Villanova.
and Marquette. Both goalies committed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t DCE have a few?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DCE has 9

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the talent will be at project nine next weekend!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]all the talent will be at project nine next weekend!!![/quote

Lol Not all the top talent at that price tag......but MM thanks you lol

Like Reply Quote