BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 108 of 111 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone awake here?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the Catholic schools going to allow fitness/workouts under supervision? It certainly can be done safely and would be better than leaving the athletes (I mean students) on their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are the Catholic schools going to allow fitness/workouts under supervision? It certainly can be done safely and would be better than leaving the athletes (I mean students) on their own.

All of these kids are bending the rules and doing small group activities... wink, wink!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catholics schools will have sports starting September 21, as of now. They are it subject to Section 8 and Section 11s decision to go with that nutty schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Catholics schools will have sports starting September 21, as of now. They are it subject to Section 8 and Section 11s decision to go with that nutty schedule.

Unfortunately they pushed fall sports to March. Very sad.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not catholic schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not catholic schools.

Yes Catholic schools, they just have not officially announced it yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not catholic schools.

Now there is extra time for prayer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not catholic schools.

And we will say one for you, Heathen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not catholic schools.

And we will say one for you, Heathen.

Save you prayers for those that need them. I’m not sure why you needed to define me as a heathen, maybe say one for yourself.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Heathen was a nicer term than lost, which is what I think you really are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought Heathen was a nicer term than lost, which is what I think you really are.

Perhaps you should read Luke 4:23 again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Doc...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps you should read Luke 4:23 again.
Heathen vs. Bible quotes?
<checks forum title>
Yup... proper chirps on on a Catholic School Thread

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. Dopey chirp. Better discussion would be what to do about the coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like they have 2 squads in the LILJ (FLG) winter league and they played last night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like they have 2 squads in the LILJ (FLG) winter league and they played last night.

Red Team (mostly seniors) beat Mt. Sinai without the Flying Spallinas 9-6 and the Gold team (juniors/sophomores) took Whitman to the woodshed 18-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red Team (mostly seniors) beat Mt. Sinai without the Flying Spallinas 9-6 and the Gold team (juniors/sophomores) took Whitman to the woodshed 18-3.

how did they invite the Junior’s if their was no team last year? wonder if that is why they were all mainly marked as 2022 on the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how did they invite the Junior’s if their was no team last year? wonder if that is why they were all mainly marked as 2022 on the roster.

The most of the sophomore are marked as 2022 on their roster for LIlJ.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct....Gold is mostly juniors and few 2023 sophomores. I'm sure they were asked based on talent and recommendations from JV coaches. Although no, team, tryouts were completed last spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct....Gold is mostly juniors and few 2023 sophomores. I'm sure they were asked based on talent and recommendations from JV coaches. Although no, team, tryouts were completed last spring.

I guess they happen to be all the express kids too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any info if this league at Stonybrook will resume.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade varsity lacrosse coaches are really a disgrace......The conflicts with Express are unconscionable. Year after year, the coaches shamelessly use the Chaminade brand to market Express and then penalize kids viewed as disloyal to the enterprise. The coaches do next to nothing to get kids recruited....unless you are an elite player for Express and/or come from a legacy family or went to school with one of the coaches. Everyone else is on their own, regardless of skill. The talent funnel is re-filled to the B every single year with dozens of strong players coming in. The coaches just sit back, count the money and convince themselves that the program's success is all due to their brilliance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are good Catholics that are just trying to make some money.. Hahahah. St Anthonys and Chaminade coaches all are doing it. Your better off paying the express vig if your child is attending the Catholic schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade varsity lacrosse coaches are really a disgrace......The conflicts with Express are unconscionable. Year after year, the coaches shamelessly use the Chaminade brand to market Express and then penalize kids viewed as disloyal to the enterprise. The coaches do next to nothing to get kids recruited....unless you are an elite player for Express and/or come from a legacy family or went to school with one of the coaches. Everyone else is on their own, regardless of skill. The talent funnel is re-filled to the B every single year with dozens of strong players coming in. The coaches sit back, count the money and convince themselves that the program's success is all due to their brilliance.

I never understood what the huge draw to playing Lax was. Ok, maybe a kid is afforded a chance to attend a so-called "great academic school," but in all reality, what type of degree program will the kid pursue? Medical (Research), law, pharmaceutical, to name a few, considering playing college lax is a full-time job. Sad to say, this sport is extremely overrated and overpriced at the youth level. To the very wealthy, the cost of youth lax, private [ChillLaxin].S., followed by the Great Academic school, is a drop in the bucket. But to everyday working family living comfortably here on L.I., it's a stretch. In that regard, I truly believe the parents are the driving force behind their kids playing this sport, and many will go to no end financially chasing the office water cooler lax conversation about their kid. Maybe because of their prior shortcomings in sports and/or other areas in life. Lastly, my kid is in his junior year at Chaminade. As a parent who makes a comfortable living here on L.I., I didn't drink the Express potion $$ entering his freshman year. [ChillLaxin].S. Lax will end next year, and my kid will pursue a lucrative career field at a good school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade varsity lacrosse coaches are really a disgrace......The conflicts with Express are unconscionable. Year after year, the coaches shamelessly use the Chaminade brand to market Express and then penalize kids viewed as disloyal to the enterprise. The coaches do next to nothing to get kids recruited....unless you are an elite player for Express and/or come from a legacy family or went to school with one of the coaches. Everyone else is on their own, regardless of skill. The talent funnel is re-filled to the B every single year with dozens of strong players coming in. The coaches sit back, count the money and convince themselves that the program's success is all due to their brilliance.

I never understood what the huge draw to playing Lax was. Ok, maybe a kid is afforded a chance to attend a so-called "great academic school," but in all reality, what type of degree program will the kid pursue? Medical (Research), law, pharmaceutical, to name a few, considering playing college lax is a full-time job. Sad to say, this sport is extremely overrated and overpriced at the youth level. To the very wealthy, the cost of youth lax, private [ChillLaxin].S., followed by the Great Academic school, is a drop in the bucket. But to everyday working family living comfortably here on L.I., it's a stretch. In that regard, I truly believe the parents are the driving force behind their kids playing this sport, and many will go to no end financially chasing the office water cooler lax conversation about their kid. Maybe because of their prior shortcomings in sports and/or other areas in life. Lastly, my kid is in his junior year at Chaminade. As a parent who makes a comfortable living here on L.I., I didn't drink the Express potion $$ entering his freshman year. [ChillLaxin].S. Lax will end next year, and my kid will pursue a lucrative career field at a good school.

This is a dopey post. Lots of kids use lax to get into good schools, make connections and land good jobs. Not sure what rock have you been living under, but may be time to open your eyes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you ever think it’s possible that some kids just really love to play the game ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are coaches at Chaminade who their own sons don't play for Express. 91 players start over Express kids all the time for the Flyers. In the end, they field the best players. If 2 players are equal, maybe the Express or legacy helps a bit.....that that would be at any program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade varsity lacrosse coaches are really a disgrace......The conflicts with Express are unconscionable. Year after year, the coaches shamelessly use the Chaminade brand to market Express and then penalize kids viewed as disloyal to the enterprise. The coaches do next to nothing to get kids recruited....unless you are an elite player for Express and/or come from a legacy family or went to school with one of the coaches. Everyone else is on their own, regardless of skill. The talent funnel is re-filled to the B every single year with dozens of strong players coming in. The coaches just sit back, count the money and convince themselves that the program's success is all due to their brilliance.

Sounds like sour grapes to me,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are coaches at Chaminade who their own sons don't play for Express. 91 players start over Express kids all the time for the Flyers. In the end, they field the best players. If 2 players are equal, maybe the Express or legacy helps a bit.....that that would be at any program.

Yeah....not so much. No Chaminade varsity coach has a high school age kid playing lacrosse. Nice try though...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like sour grapes to me,

I know several kids who were targeted for leaving Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah....not so much. No Chaminade varsity coach has a high school age kid playing lacrosse. Nice try though...

There are at least 2.....

Players have been 'targeted'.....come on now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its sad such a great school allows this. But I guess that is why 2023 kids were hiding as 2022 for the winter league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He waits his turn. It won't kill him. Maybe teach him some humility

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that what they call it now? “Time for some “humility” Johnny, but don’t say a word!”

If it’s humility you are seeking, good for you, I’ll have my son pass on that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to the Chaminade varsity red team for winning the LILJ Winter HS League defeating Mount Sinai in the finals...

"Only the second day of 2021 and already there is some good news on the scholastic sports front!!
Congratulations to Flyers Red on winning the ACC Division at the inaugural Long Island Lacrosse Journal Winter League...
Finishing the event (most of which was condensed into a week of games) with an overall record of 7-2-1, Chaminade rallied from the #3 seed by posting respective 9-6 and 8-5 victories on Saturday over 2nd-seeded Whalers (comprised of multiple schools with a heavy Cold Spring Harbor and St. Anthony's influence) and top-seeded Mt. Sinai...The first of the two triumphs avenged a previous 10-9 loss on December 28th.
Spearheading the offense with a team-leading six goals (including a hat trick and game-winner in an 8-7 quarterfinal win over Shoreham-Wading River) was Marquette bound Conor McCabe...The senior attackman scored three times today, netting a pair in the semifinals before adding one final strike in the championship game...
Concluding the week with five goals was the Crimson & Gold's extraordinary senior two-way middie, Ben Bonafede...The Bucknell commit may not have registered a goal in the finals, but he was a VERY big reason why the team advanced to the 'ship, as he posted a two-goal effort in the quarters on Thursday and followed it up with a mad hatter during this morning's semifinal round...
Sharing 3rd place honors among Marianist net rippers were two stud student-athletes who will continue their careers at the next level competing for Atlantic Coast Conference programs---Senior midfielder, Will Lynch (Notre Dame), and 2022 A/M standout, Charles "King Pluto" Balsamo (Duke)...Mirroring one another in all three "money matches", each struck once in the quarters and semis, and then combined for half of Chaminade's total output in the title game by logging 2gs apiece against the Mustangs.
The next in the line of great CHS face-off specialists, Machado Rodriguez (Yale), did more than his fair share during the course of the past week...Dominating the draws in all 10 appearances, the future Bulldog went above and beyond in the tournament finale, complementing his possession garnering work by scoring on two separate occasions to become the third Flyer with a multi-tally showing versus Mt. Sinai.
Matthew Rettinger (Wesleyan) had goals in the quarters and finals!
Tommy Casey (Marquette) and Grant Pearsall rounded out the list of playoff scorers for Chaminade, as they each had one in the semis.
Defensively, only one word would be needed to accurately describe the collective performance of senior quartet---Vincent Fowler (Duke), Andrew Rooney (Siena), Aidan Wagner, and Ryan Kiernan---and that term is LOCKDOWN!!!....
Pitted against the top-2 scoring offenses of the week in consecutive games, the unit successfully held Whalers (entered averaging 10.4) to six goals, and shined even brighter in the title contest, limiting Mt. Sinai (11.3 per game) to a modest five!!!
Alex Zepf (Notre Dame) and Dan Burger (Endicott) split time in the cage and were equally reliable down the stretch...The former [Zepf], who returned for the knockout portion of the week after missing the round-robin, handled 1st half duties, while his fellow senior was superb while acting in the role of closer!!!"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is that what they call it now? “Time for some “humility” Johnny, but don’t say a word!”

Or just teach them to write a big enough check

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no idea what you are talking about...Varsity starters are from Express, 91, Legacy, and ICON. Varsity coaches couldn't help much because the season was cancelled last year but JV coaches were extremely helpful to multiple players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody said anything about the JV coaches. They are great. I won't belabor the point. You will find out for yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or just teach them to write a big enough check

And keep quiet. Shhhhh! It’s a secret!

Like Reply Quote
Page 108 of 111 1 2 106 107 108 109 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard