Anonymous #310149 09/20/20 04:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Might have to do the preseason rankings-This is just based on college commits so far.

1. Taft
2. Brunswick
3. Salisbury
4. Avon Old Farms
5. Trinity-Pawling
6. Berkshire
7. Hotchkiss
8. Choate
9. All the Rest

Do they play reclass kids based on deals with their club teams?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: New England Prep School Lacrosse
ctlaxdad #310162 09/21/20 08:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would a Prep School coach play kids based dependent on which club team they play for? Look at any strong Founders league roster and you'll see clubs represented. They play kids with goal of winning as well as developing the program.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #311226 10/05/20 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear anything regarding spring yet from their school?

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #311227 10/05/20 09:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is there a maximum amount of reclassed players a team can have? How about Post Graduate players?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311243 10/05/20 11:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe someone else can provide more input but as a father of a Founders league boy who plays lax, the rumors are it potentially isn't looking good. If the fall/winter hits as many are predicting the coaches are slightly pessimistic about a season. I can tell you that my son has NOT been able to leave campus and wont be able to for 10 weeks. If a student does they must quarantine for 2 weeks at home and get tested before returning. If these policies and procedures are in place and the numbers are still going up I don't see how they play lacrosse. I realize March/April is 6 months away but I can only tell you the whispers. The schools care about not refunding some $$ and staying open so if a second wave hits - the travel to and from other schools may not happen. Again these are all just whispers which I hope are wrong AND this pandemic ends soon. But then again if you were to ask me back in March if schools would have had a lockdown in the fall and no sports I would have thought you were be a little silly!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #311330 10/06/20 12:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just like with football, preps playing lax in actual games is on thin ice even though they are doing fall ball. A lot will depend on what happens with HS sports cases between now and then. If schools then prep leagues report covid cases on soccer or basketball teams, be extremely worried. for now, just be worried.
--------------------

Maybe someone else can provide more input but as a father of a Founders league boy who plays lax, the rumors are it potentially isn't looking good. If the fall/winter hits as many are predicting the coaches are slightly pessimistic about a season. I can tell you that my son has NOT been able to leave campus and wont be able to for 10 weeks. If a student does they must quarantine for 2 weeks at home and get tested before returning. If these policies and procedures are in place and the numbers are still going up I don't see how they play lacrosse. I realize March/April is 6 months away but I can only tell you the whispers. The schools care about not refunding some $$ and staying open so if a second wave hits - the travel to and from other schools may not happen. Again these are all just whispers which I hope are wrong AND this pandemic ends soon. But then again if you were to ask me back in March if schools would have had a lockdown in the fall and no sports I would have thought you were be a little silly!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311343 10/06/20 09:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just like with football, preps playing lax in actual games is on thin ice even though they are doing fall ball. A lot will depend on what happens with HS sports cases between now and then. If schools then prep leagues report covid cases on soccer or basketball teams, be extremely worried. for now, just be worried.
--------------------

UGH. Speaking as a father of a 2023, next summer is going to everything and here's to hoping your coach has contacts!

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #311367 10/06/20 11:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is no max on reclassed players. There is a max on PG players. For football the number is 8, so I can't imagine it is any greater than that.

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #311368 10/06/20 11:34 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Might have to do the preseason rankings-This is just based on college commits so far.

1. Taft
2. Brunswick
3. Salisbury
4. Avon Old Farms
5. Trinity-Pawling
6. Berkshire
7. Hotchkiss
8. Choate
9. All the Rest"

Maybe I'm missing something and they are not part of this league if the above is actually a league, but someone forgot to put Deerfield in there...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311426 10/06/20 05:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

--------------------

My son goes to TP and they are not allowed of campus if boarding. Day students are not allowed to play fall club ball. I don't think there will be winter Basketball/wrestling based on the precautions in place now for fall ball which is all outdoors so while my son desperately wants spring ball after last year being cancelled I too have real doubts they will play games this spring.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #311524 10/07/20 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Might have to do the preseason rankings-This is just based on college commits so far.

1. Taft
2. Brunswick
3. Salisbury
4. Avon Old Farms
5. Trinity-Pawling
6. Berkshire
7. Hotchkiss
8. Choate
9. All the Rest"

Maybe I'm missing something and they are not part of this league if the above is actually a league, but someone forgot to put Deerfield in there...

This was Founders League but we could expand to New England West

1. Taft
2. Deerfield
3. Brunswick
4. Salisbury
5. Avon Old Farms
6. Trinity-Pawling
7. Berkshire
8. Hotchkiss
9. Loomis Chafee
10. Choate
11. Westminster
12. Kent
13. NFMH

Like Reply Quote
ctlaxdad #312053 10/14/20 10:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Choate should be higher!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313131 10/23/20 09:32 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Founders league just UNANIMOUSLY cancelled winter sports. garbage! This ain't looking good for spring.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313179 10/23/20 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the Founders league just UNANIMOUSLY cancelled winter sports. garbage! This ain't looking good for spring.

Good thing lax isn't in the winter!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #313223 10/23/20 08:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good thing lax isn't in the winter!

That's what the basketball parents said about football! The dominoes are falling.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard