BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 137 of 144 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even if you think you have a good 2nd team, you quickly find out they only care about their select core group. I already saw this with our team. Now questioning if we made the right decision after promises were made.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Even if you think you have a good 2nd team, you quickly find out they only care about their select core group. I already saw this with our team. Now questioning if we made the right decision after promises were made.

That is the truth, usually its too late! There are so many good teams out there , that there is no need to pay for a 2nd weak team unless you enjoy being screwed by CoachC and Express !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's amazing how people to not do their homework before joining a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some years, maybe, but not all years. Some years 2nd team is very good. Gotta know what you are getting into.

It does not matter how good second team is on a club. It is rare that they get recruited to play at a good academic school or decent lacrosse school from the second team. Maybe if lucky will get a decent academic D3. Forget about going D1 from second club team. Every few years one may go D1 from all second teams combined. Just look at the history of where they wind up. Not good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a well run team and organization. That being said they DO NOT give any thought to their 2nd teams period! I am proof of that, I wasted money being on the 2nd team and my kid got zero out of it! Half the kids can't throw and catch it actually pathetic that they tell you that you will be on a competitive team when its actually hard to watch week in and week out!

Not the same for all teams / grades

Maybe but as the years go on, the 2nd teams on Express get worse. Basically due to the total lack of attention by Express directors, followed by frustrated parents and players and finally implosion.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express is a well run team and organization. That being said they DO NOT give any thought to their 2nd teams period! I am proof of that, I wasted money being on the 2nd team and my kid got zero out of it! Half the kids can't throw and catch it actually pathetic that they tell you that you will be on a competitive team when its actually hard to watch week in and week out!

Maybe but as the years go on, the 2nd teams on Express get worse. Basically due to the total lack of attention by Express directors, followed by frustrated parents and players and finally implosion.

The issue is that kids that should be on the B team, are usually lower tier type players on clubs and they opt for an A team like S2S, True Blue or The Turtles vs the B team at an Express or 91. This was not the case 4 or 5 years ago, but with so many clubs, there is “A” team for everyone. It’s why we have the AA naming convention. In theory B teams at Express and 91 and few other big clubs should be fringe A teams, but parents gravitate towards A teams because sometimes B teams can be after thoughts. But there are several B teams that great all around. Point is, do your research and check things out and don’t run blindly towards the light.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will Express start the season? Are they practicing already?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The issue is that kids that should be on the B team, are usually lower tier type players on clubs and they opt for an A team like S2S, True Blue or The Turtles vs the B team at an Express or 91. This was not the case 4 or 5 years ago, but with so many clubs, there is “A” team for everyone. It’s why we have the AA naming convention. In theory B teams at Express and 91 and few other big clubs should be fringe A teams, but parents gravitate towards A teams because sometimes B teams can be after thoughts. But there are several B teams that great all around. Point is, do your research and check things out and don’t run blindly towards the light.
True Blue & the Turtles are A teams ?????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Express is a well run team and organization. That being said they DO NOT give any thought to their 2nd teams period! I am proof of that, I wasted money being on the 2nd team and my kid got zero out of it! Half the kids can't throw and catch it actually pathetic that they tell you that you will be on a competitive team when its actually hard to watch week in and week out!

The bottom 10 kids on Express AA can not make a top lacrosse team. The best teams have a great core of around 8 kids. After that the next 4-5 are D1 Level. After player 12 those kids on AA teams struggle to find a D1 spot. Only the best of the best teams have multiplayer D1 commits after the 12 best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This week

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This week
Some teams started last week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This week
Some teams started last week.

You gotta give the guy credit he gets right back at it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think of the 2026 practice? That's quite a pool of kids to pick from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think of the 2026 practice? That's quite a pool of kids to pick from.

It's 3 teams practicing together right? Around 55 kids from what i'm told.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hoping they divide the kids into 3 teams sooner vs later.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's 3 teams practicing together right? Around 55 kids from what i'm told.

it's over 60

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed .....by now they should be able to see who belongs on each team . Let these kids practice with who they will be playing with so they can get the chemistry going . Will only make them stronger as a team if they practice as a team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed .....by now they should be able to see who belongs on each team . Let these kids practice with who they will be playing with so they can get the chemistry going . Will only make them stronger as a team if they practice as a team .

100% agree

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% agree

Do you think we will lose again this year to the Hawks, LXC, Tigers, BBL, FCA? Do we have a chance against Sweetlax, Eclipse, Edge, Tommy Knockers, Cannons when we play them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At NAL this summer the organizers “hid” LIE from the elite teams by placing them in a division where they avoided Tigers, Sweet Lax, Hawks, Primetime and Towermen. Despite this effort to pad the way, LIE lost to MD based FCA in their last game. Sure you have a chance but the odds are not in your favor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% agree

Never happening. It actually takes the parents to initiate. And you know the mindset isn’t conditioned to think like that. This is how 2nd tier clubs turn into decent A teams. The pattern has been ride the bench, finally see the light. And those 2nd tier clubs all turn out decent teams by the time they get to HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% agree

Do you think we will lose again this year to the Hawks, LXC, Tigers, BBL, FCA? Do we have a chance against Sweetlax, Eclipse, Edge, Tommy Knockers, Cannons when we play them?

The post confirms exactly how much room we own in your tiny head Hawks dad. Let's compare rosters and birth dates. If we combined 25's & 26's like your teams do our boys would smoke yours.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At NAL this summer the organizers “hid” LIE from the elite teams by placing them in a division where they avoided Tigers, Sweet Lax, Hawks, Primetime and Towermen. Despite this effort to pad the way, LIE lost to MD based FCA in their last game. Sure you have a chance but the odds are not in your favor.

Come on Long Island...we can't play in b divisions! We have to play in the a divisions against the best. My son was really upset this summer that we did this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like you got your wish

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is CoachC coaching a 2026 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did they separate the 2026 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Express play day in NJ go today? I know there were 2025 and 2026 teams there. Any other grades? Team look OK?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the Express play day in NJ go today? I know there were 2025 and 2026 teams there. Any other grades? Team look OK?
2027’s and 2028’s were there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is CoachC coaching a 2026 team?
Yes he is

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Partially. C took his group of 25+ kids. There's a 2nd group that will be broken down more. It needs to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the 2024 North team. Huge team. Very fast and athletic. Had to be there top team because they looked impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Partially. C took his group of 25+ kids. There's a 2nd group that will be broken down more. It needs to.

So did the Coach C's squad look?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still have some work to do, but they looked solid 2-0.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-0

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-0

Weird because I thought they only played 2 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did the Coach C's squad look?[/quote]

Still have some work to do, but they looked solid 2-0.[/quote]

3-0[/quote]

What were the scores and against?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-0

Weird because I thought they only played 2 games.

That’s how good they were

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still have some work to do, but they looked solid 2-0.[/quote]

3-0[/quote]

Weird because I thought they only played 2 games.[/quote]

That’s how good they were[/quote]

Scores and against who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3-0[/quote]

Weird because I thought they only played 2 games.[/quote]

That’s how good they were[/quote]

Scores and against who?[/quote]

I heard they beat Express North by 1. Their FOGO was a beast and supposedly the better FOGO was injured!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets just say what we are all thinking !, CoachC's team has lost key players and some who committed that aren't willing to risk injury. They are coming back to reality and are vulnerable now !

Like Reply Quote
Page 137 of 144 1 2 135 136 137 138 139 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard