Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Snipers Elite 5v5 Winter League just posted!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 10/27/20 10:36 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 10/27/20 10:31 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 10/27/20 10:27 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 10/27/20 10:09 PM
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 10/27/20 10:07 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,116
Posts275,255
Members2,220
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310106 09/18/20 03:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, if parents want smaller class size, and can afford it...hold them back, and get the best education...whats the problem...you're not paying for it.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310110 09/18/20 04:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Sorry, if parents want smaller class size, and can afford it...hold them back, and get the best education...whats the problem...you're not paying for it.

LOL. You forgot to say - hold them back and get the best education...... but get them to play lacrosse with kids their own age and not the kids they are in class with. People on this forum aren't notIntelligent. Talent plays up with older kids to get better and lost parents hold their lost kids back to beat up on younger kids to inflate their own egos primarily and then to brag to their friends that little johnny scores 4 goals a game. Whats next, gender reassignment in 8th grade for boys so they can play with the girls that are 2 years younger?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310128 09/19/20 09:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah. Life is not fair as we know. But it still stinks for your kid to not start or get cut because johnny repeated a grade or heldback. Why have age cutoffs if we are going to disregard them. Because my kid can't compete I should repeat and take opportunities from a younger kid? At the youth level it matters. High school is gloves off. But the holdback already stole 8 or 9 years of opportunities from other kids by the time 9th grade comes in lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #310132 09/19/20 12:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you can get your kid into an IVY or Duke, ND, UVA, Hop, etc. you have given them a path to change their life trajectory. That's what this is about. Not scholarship money. BTW, all of the above school are very generous with need based grants.

If holding back helps your chances then the ends justify the means. I get it's not fair because holding back isn't an option for some. Consider a PG. Most prep schools will offer free ride

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310134 09/19/20 02:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hockey does it right........travel hockey is grouped by birth year; you are born in 2008 you play with and against 08's whether you are in 7th grade or 5th.
The problem w/lacrosse being by grade is the 'cutoff' is different in every state and then the so called gray months become different as well. MD is Sept 1, so anyone born in the summer can choose to be the oldest in the class or go early and be the youngest. Long Island is Dec 1st, so their gray months become Sept, Oct and Nov. Irregardless when we give parents the option and age doesn't matter but rather grade, we will always get 12 year olds playing against 14 year olds.
HS kids should be graduating at 17/18, not 19, but if they allow it then parents will do it for any edge. It's the nature of the beast and we can complain all we want, but it's never going to change. FYI college coaches get you for 4 years, they would rather have you at 20, 21, 22 and 23, than 18, 19, 20 and 21.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #310145 09/20/20 10:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we still arguing about this? Our boys are sophomores. They all understand the way the game is played. Most of our kids will just have to work harder to keep up with older kids on same grade club teams. If they don't become a famous lacrosse player but they learn ethics of hard work and teamwork they will be OK in life.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310276 09/22/20 01:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Harvard just committed a 2022 rising junior goalie. The kid has a 2002 birthday which means he should be starting his freshman year in college. Let that sink in for people who think coaches care about birthdays or that there isn’t a huge upside to holding back your kid. Sad but undeniably true: CHEATING WORKS!


Nope. Kid is from Ohio where Sept 1 is school cutoff day for starting school. He should be one of the older 21s. If repeating 9th grade a Culver would land my kid at Harvard and I could pay for all that, yeah I do it and so would you. detest on the kid or his parents for reclassing but don't make stuff up. Whomever posted that M kid turning 18 is also posting false info. He'll be 17 and yes he reclassed. Exaggerating weakens your argument.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #310279 09/22/20 01:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's change the topic....Which clubs are going to September Shootout this weekend, and are college recruiters?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310281 09/22/20 02:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let's change the topic....Which clubs are going to September Shootout this weekend, and are college recruiters?

All showcases, tourneys and recruitment events are coach/recruiter-free. Everything is done by video. So go buy a camera and start getting film on your kids, or purchase the game film if there is one available. There will be no in-person recruiting until Jan. 1 (at the earliest). Most, if not all, schools are focused on 2022's until they fill their rosters, which will take them into the new year. 23's are on the back burner until the 2021 summer and fall tourneys. What we should be doing at this point is getting film and a highlight reel together. We need to contact coaches of schools that our son's are interested in, relay that interest in their school and program, and inquire about their prospect camps. And, make sure our boys are hitting the gym and the books. That's how recruiting works these days if you're ranked outside the top 50.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310292 09/22/20 04:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is good enough to get into one of those ivy league schools to play lacrosse then there is no need to hold them back. What are they going to do when they are off to college and daddy isn't there to cheat for them? Probably fail.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310306 09/22/20 09:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your kid is good enough to get into one of those ivy league schools to play lacrosse then there is no need to hold them back. What are they going to do when they are off to college and daddy isn't there to cheat for them? Probably fail.

Probably not. Older and more mature. Probably succeed with little difficulty.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310359 09/23/20 11:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your kid is good enough to get into one of those ivy league schools to play lacrosse then there is no need to hold them back. What are they going to do when they are off to college and daddy isn't there to cheat for them? Probably fail.

Probably not. Older and more mature. Probably succeed with little difficulty.

My guess is they are hanging out at high school party's with duke lacrosse jackets on.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310369 09/23/20 12:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If your kid is good enough to get into one of those ivy league schools to play lacrosse then there is no need to hold them back. What are they going to do when they are off to college and daddy isn't there to cheat for them? Probably fail.

This conversation is so dense. If you move out of NY most of the kids are older because school starts in Aug and quite a few of the kids do not start K when they should so they are naturally older. It's been proven time and time again that collage coaches want older kids on campus so again pointless argument.

I get it it's not right that some are able to do it but most 17 year old kids have difficulty adapting to school at that level so if you have the means why not give them the best chance to succeed. You really believe the people doing this and going to those schools are thinking (PLL or BUST) come on people. We get it it's not for you but most of these parents had a plan in mind and it had nothing to do with their kids turning pro in Lax. I know it stings to see the commits form the kids you know are older and think man if my son had a year more he could have been that kid. Well you have the choice spend the money and hold him/her back.

Next topic

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #310376 09/23/20 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks and reclassed kids - have fun graduating college at 25 years old. with

Like Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #310385 09/23/20 02:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This conversation is so dense. If you move out of NY most of the kids are older because school starts in Aug and quite a few of the kids do not start K when they should so they are naturally older. It's been proven time and time again that collage coaches want older kids on campus so again pointless argument.

I get it it's not right that some are able to do it but most 17 year old kids have difficulty adapting to school at that level so if you have the means why not give them the best chance to succeed. You really believe the people doing this and going to those schools are thinking (PLL or BUST) come on people. We get it it's not for you but most of these parents had a plan in mind and it had nothing to do with their kids turning pro in Lax. I know it stings to see the commits form the kids you know are older and think man if my son had a year more he could have been that kid. Well you have the choice spend the money and hold him/her back.

Next topic
This is the reason lacrosse will not grow beyond a certain point and can only flourish so much. The rich/poor divide will never allow the sport to rise in popularity to the level of football, basketball and soccer. If holdbacks are the way to succeed and you need money to holdback/post-grad a kid then you are cutting out a ton of the population. There is no reason lax needs to be a country club sport.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4