BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 267 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD RR is hard to understand. Played what appeared to be their back up goalie against VLC and the kid gave up 11 goals with no saves in the 1st half. They have a legitimate starting goalie, face off and attack but they don't run any type of offense as far as I could see. Just kids standing around and then taking an ill- advised shot from 30 feet away.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looneys and their roster of rec kids is going to roll through HOCO elite division this fall. Everyone was clowning on the rec kids they added for the summer tournaments, but no one is really laughing now.

HA, Ha, Ha!!!

Laugh all you want...like 30% of that Looneys roster are rec kids, and they will roll through everyone but the Hawks. I see a lot of teams getting humbled by this group.

All this means is Looney's had tryouts and the better players made the team. Congrats to the kids from rec who got bigger, faster and better. They are no longer rec. I saw this team play this summer and they were pretty good.

I love the fact that parents have issues with kids coming from rec to play club; my guess is 99% of the kids playing on a club team today started their lacrosse careers playing at the local rec!! Kudos to the kids who have made the jump and working hard to get better; lets hope the parents don't screw up your journey with their mania!!
You would be surprised how many kids do both and a lot of parents are opting out of the whole club circuit al together...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys and their roster of rec kids is going to roll through HOCO elite division this fall. Everyone was clowning on the rec kids they added for the summer tournaments, but no one is really laughing now.

HA, Ha, Ha!!!

Laugh all you want...like 30% of that Looneys roster are rec kids, and they will roll through everyone but the Hawks. I see a lot of teams getting humbled by this group.

All this means is Looney's had tryouts and the better players made the team. Congrats to the kids from rec who got bigger, faster and better. They are no longer rec. I saw this team play this summer and they were pretty good.

I love the fact that parents have issues with kids coming from rec to play club; my guess is 99% of the kids playing on a club team today started their lacrosse careers playing at the local rec!! Kudos to the kids who have made the jump and working hard to get better; lets hope the parents don't screw up your journey with their mania!!

You seem desperate to make Looneys and the rec kids some sort of thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD RR is hard to understand. Played what appeared to be their back up goalie against VLC and the kid gave up 11 goals with no saves in the 1st half. They have a legitimate starting goalie, face off and attack but they don't run any type of offense as far as I could see. Just kids standing around and then taking an ill- advised shot from 30 feet away.
I agree they look to be poorly coached, but why not play your backup goalie in a game you will lose anyway? They need to give the kid playing time so you have to find games you can win easily or games you know you will lose to play him in. I am sure he'll get playing time against Zingos, VLC and Looneys in this league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys is the new 91 parent wise. lol Shameless self promoting.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because the kids that are good players and want to win will leave. Any coach who goes into a game thinking “let’s play our back up goalie because we have no chance to win” and thinks losing 17-3 is good for the team needs to get their head checked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have never seen anything like that PA Roughrider Dad. If the organization was smart they would cut ties.
Stop crying, FCA dad, your boy was squared up with the PA RR kid and got dropped, plain and simple. He’s soft and ran into someone who isn’t. It’s not appropriate within the game and the RR player rightfully got suspended, but you have to admit your kid bought off more than he could chew and paid the price. There were parents from both teams all over the field trying to keep control and the kids safe but the maniac FCA coach charging the field triggered the dad to protect his son.

Good Grief ! Isnt this 7th grade lacrosse? Why would a Coach charge the field? What is a parent doing out there ? And parents acting as bodyguards? Oh..FCA and RR's, never mind. Sounded like MM coached game at first! LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Example?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HA, Ha, Ha!!!

You seem desperate to make Looneys and the rec kids some sort of thing.

It seems this individual simply made a statement about rec kids coming to play club in general regardless of the team they made. It appears you have another agenda.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys is the new 91 parent wise. lol Shameless self promoting.

Sounds like you’re bitter. What’s hilarious is you’re falling for this; most of the posts here are done by parents who are bored and just trying to stir the pot between clubs. If you believe anything on this forum I have an apartment in downtown Chicago I’m looking to sell; great view and quiet.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree they look to be poorly coached, but why not play your backup goalie in a game you will lose anyway? They need to give the kid playing time so you have to find games you can win easily or games you know you will lose to play him in. I am sure he'll get playing time against Zingos, VLC and Looneys in this league.

Any team/coach playing in the elite division who is going to go into a game with the attitude that they are going to lose anyway don’t belong in the elite division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, I’m the one that initially posted about the rec kids on Looneys, and my son does not play for Looneys. The guy that said I was “trying to make this a thing” was partially right. I posted this solely to point out to the elite club parents who always put down the rec kids, and dismiss them as if they can’t play because they haven’t been on the roster of an elite squad since they were toddlers, that this team is proving them wrong. I love the fact that this particular group of “rec kids” has been competing with and beating elite teams all summer, and are only going to get better as they get more experienced.

There is a ton of great talent in the elite division. All those kids have to come from somewhere. As these boys get bigger, faster, stronger, it’s all going to even out...and you will see that some kids that spent most of their life playing rec for $300 a season will suddenly start passing kids who played elite level since they could walk at a few thousand dollars per year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have an apartment in downtown Chicago I’m looking to sell; great view and quiet.

Racist are we? 91 or Looneys parent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No VLC Dad said anything about dominating the Elite Hoco division on this, or any, forum. A certain BLC Dad is upset that BLC now has lost twice to VLC, and he is stirring up trouble. If I am wrong, then go ahead and paste where somebody said “VLC will dominate the Elite division” and I will stand corrected.

Why the step back for Bethesda this year? Seems like some teams upgraded and they took a step back after tryouts.

BLC literally has 5 boys in casts due to broken bones playing lax/ accidents. This in a team that only carries 22 kids.

On Sunday they had 10 minutes rest before they played VLC who was playing their first game of the day.

Take from that what you will.

Wow. That’s a lot of broken bones on one team. You would think that would be noticeable on a sideline, 5 casts.

maybe you need new glasses....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from 9/13 (if you're gonna quote scores get em right)
BLC 6 vs Roughriders 5
BLC 4 vs VLC 7

what is your point?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys parent...It's 3 kids who came from Forest Hill that are contributing to the team. Rest of the team are the same kids who have been with us for years except 2 defensemen that we added from other elite level teams. Take it easy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because the kids that are good players and want to win will leave. Any coach who goes into a game thinking “let’s play our back up goalie because we have no chance to win” and thinks losing 17-3 is good for the team needs to get their head checked.

Elite division is not about equal playing time. It’s about winning. If you are not playing the game to win, you have no business in this division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from 9/13 (if you're gonna quote scores get em right)
BLC 6 vs Roughriders 5
BLC 4 vs VLC 7

what is your point?
If those were the scores, then it sounds like RR did a huge disservice to their team by not sticking to what worked in the first game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team/coach playing in the elite division who is going to go into a game with the attitude that they are going to lose anyway don’t belong in the elite division.
Relax, it's 7th grade fall lacrosse. All kids on the team should be getting playing time at this age. If the backup goalie is good enough to make the team then he should get occasional playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite division is not about equal playing time. It’s about winning. If you are not playing the game to win, you have no business in this division.

Thanks 91 Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have an apartment in downtown Chicago I’m looking to sell; great view and quiet.

Racist are we? 91 or Looneys parent?
Sounds like you're the racist; this board is about lacrosse not race baiting so go find someplace else to post your stuff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol! "It's about winning." They are 12 years old, it should be about developing into a better player and having fun with friends this fall. Everyone wants to win, but these boys are still so far away from a finished product. Maybe you don't have older kids, but the best 7th graders are rarely the top kids in high school and beyond. And the parents of 7th graders who only care about winning are the ones who prevent their son from developing into a top player far too often.

-Coach

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol! "It's about winning." They are 12 years old, it should be about developing into a better player and having fun with friends this fall. Everyone wants to win, but these boys are still so far away from a finished product. Maybe you don't have older kids, but the best 7th graders are rarely the top kids in high school and beyond. And the parents of 7th graders who only care about winning are the ones who prevent their son from developing into a top player far too often.

-Coach

Dear “Coach”,
Yes, you are correct on all accounts, and why there are such things as divisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax, it's 7th grade fall lacrosse. All kids on the team should be getting playing time at this age. If the backup goalie is good enough to make the team then he should get occasional playing time.

Right ? The kid didnt get to play in the 1st game against Bethesda, so he was given a chance in the next game which happened to be VLC. Hope your kid never drops below superstar on the depth chart and expects to play on whatever juggernaut elite team your on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-Coach

Dear “Coach”,
Yes, you are correct on all accounts, and why there are such things as divisions.

This is Fall and not a League that would normally even happen. There are only 2 divisions, not the normal 5. If RR had played down in the B division you would be the people saying "test yourself" to get better. I guess we should just "Hit the wall".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you're the racist; this board is about lacrosse not race baiting so go find someplace else to post your stuff.

And the biggest snowflake on the forum award goes to??????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys parent...It's 3 kids who came from Forest Hill that are contributing to the team. Rest of the team are the same kids who have been with us for years except 2 defensemen that we added from other elite level teams. Take it easy.

You have at least 5 kids on your roster that came from Forrest Hill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This discussion should steer away from the playing time or ability of any particular RR player in the VLC game. The gap between the two teams was pretty substantial at every position, not just one.

Instead let's talk about the RR attack-man who blind-sided the VLC goalie with a cross check to the head, off-ball, causing him to leave the game in the second quarter and not return. I was happy to see VLC score three goals in the ensuing full time (1 min) penalty, but there should have been an ejection, especially when the game already was such a blowout that a non-releasable penalty was fairly meaningless. Kudos to the RR coaches for benching the cheap-shotter until late fourth quarter, and kudos also to the VLC players and coaches for not retaliating when he returned to the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have at least 5 kids on your roster that came from Forrest Hill.

4 kids from forest hill. 3 kids get significant playing time and 1 is a developmental player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know little about Looneys and zero about Forrest Hill rec, so can somebody explain why this matters? Looneys has started strong in HoCo and apparently has recruited 3-4 players from this rec program. But why is this newsworthy and why does it matter exactly how many? Maybe I am thick but I am not following this debate at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This discussion should steer away from the playing time or ability of any particular RR player in the VLC game. The gap between the two teams was pretty substantial at every position, not just one.

Instead let's talk about the RR attack-man who blind-sided the VLC goalie with a cross check to the head, off-ball, causing him to leave the game in the second quarter and not return. I was happy to see VLC score three goals in the ensuing full time (1 min) penalty, but there should have been an ejection, especially when the game already was such a blowout that a non-releasable penalty was fairly meaningless. Kudos to the RR coaches for benching the cheap-shotter until late fourth quarter, and kudos also to the VLC players and coaches for not retaliating when he returned to the game.
Was he out of the crease?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it was payback for the ridiculous cheap shot VLC took on the PA RR kid and stood over him to yell stay the F down as time expired and VLC lost to PA RR at Blue Hen...karma is a B!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys developmental players is from Hereford. Not forest Hill. Get your facts straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was he out of the crease?
Don't know and it doesn't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys developmental players is from Hereford. Not forest Hill. Get your facts straight.

Way to much attention being paid to something that doesn’t matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it was payback for the ridiculous cheap shot VLC took on the PA RR kid and stood over him to yell stay the F down as time expired and VLC lost to PA RR at Blue Hen...karma is a B!
Lol, the last thing we need in youth lax is organizations having clubs in different states getting retribution for their sister teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't retribution for anything from a past game; the RR attackman was frustrated with the present game and made an extremely dirty play. According to parent banter from his own team it was not the first time, which probably explains why he was benched for two quarters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't retribution for anything from a past game; the RR attackman was frustrated with the present game and made an extremely dirty play. According to parent banter from his own team it was not the first time, which probably explains why he was benched for two quarters.
I call BS on the parent banter. He is a well liked kid who doesn’t play dirty. He was frustrated, it got the best of him, and he served the time. Stop trying to insinuate otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call BS on the parent banter. He is a well liked kid who doesn’t play dirty. He was frustrated, it got the best of him, and he served the time. Stop trying to insinuate otherwise.
All this talk of dirty play, cheap sots, retribution etc is silly. We are talking about 12 yr olds here. They are all stunads an make mistakes when aggression and is involved. Unless there was a legit injury which no one seems to claim lets let the boys settle it on the field.

Like Reply Quote
Page 33 of 267 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard