Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed......very embarrassing for a bunch of guys who walk around like they are gods of the lacrosse world . But.....I guess off of Long Island not so much fellas. Couldn’t get their own into a better school than Syracuse and he’s the top recruit. Yup I would say embarrassing
Should have hit the books instead of hitting the wall.

He also had offers from UVA, UMD, Loyola, UNC (all great schools for both academics and athletics) plus many more! He chose Syracuse ... I REPEAT he chose Syracuse!!!

Hey guys, this man has repeated something and put it in all caps! It has to be true. Thanks man for sorting it out for those of us in the back of the room.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #309923 09/16/20 07:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone on this thread stating that he should be embarrassed by attending Syracuse knows nothing about lacrosse. Plain and simple.

You may not like his father. Fine. But to come on a public forum and bash a kid who has worked his tail off since he was a young boy to achieve his dream is just flat out disgusting. You’re pretty sad. Your life must be miserable.

I’m not a Syracuse fan, but now I hope ‘Cuse wins it all and that #22 leads the way.

Go JS.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309925 09/16/20 07:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a quick question. Just saw the 91 kid commuted today Norte Dame. I see he is from a town outside Albany. Do these kids commute 3 hours for practice 2x a week? Or do they just get to show up on game days ?

Why do you care?

They all stack their teams if you look half the Smash and CoachC rosters are packed with out of state kids. Anything to win ! bunch of aholes!

Easier to recruit talent than to coach good athletes into becoming great athletes. Isn't it their job to do that? Lazy....

No not their job. Their job is to manage the best kids they can and market them.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #309928 09/16/20 08:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether you love the kid or for some reason detest him he is the Number 1 ranked player in the class it has been well documented the amount of offers which makes sense because he is the top ranked player. Syracuse was number 1 ranked team in the country when season ended so lets see the Top ranked #1 recruit went to the #1 ranked team in the country wow yet on this board its picking the JETS instead of the pats lolol weird.
people crack me up my son competes against this kid so I have no allegiance but this is crazy house. Lets talk about real stuff like dead period being extended and the rest of. our kids being screwed from prospect days

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309930 09/16/20 08:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is kinda sad. Why so negative?

I agree. The kid is a super great kid. If you detest the Spallinas (adults) and 91 fine. But stop bashing the kid.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #309931 09/16/20 08:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is the best player in the country, obviously he could have gone to any school in the nation. Are you guys really trying to suggest any school including the Ivies have academic standards for the #1 player? Clearly you don’t know a lot of players at those schools and/or have not been through the recruiting process with a top player.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309938 09/16/20 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

Who Cares....Its all about getting seen and getting an offers. Then figuring out which is the best fit for your kids future.

Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.

Yeah right, your son got recruited from the bench

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.

Dead period extended til Jan 1 terrible for 21,22 recruits

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #309943 09/16/20 11:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps the spallinas just don't hold the sway that everyone on long island thinks they do .....yeah ok he could have gotten Into any school he wanted to and chose syracuse ....yup got it ,thanks for explaining

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309946 09/17/20 06:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is the best player in the country, obviously he could have gone to any school in the nation. Are you guys really trying to suggest any school including the Ivies have academic standards for the #1 player? Clearly you don’t know a lot of players at those schools and/or have not been through the recruiting process with a top player.

Pull or no pull top 3 or 4 players go wherever they want number 1 guy minus ivy goes wherever he wants. Don’t need “pull” when your the best player Like it or not

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309947 09/17/20 06:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

Who Cares....Its all about getting seen and getting an offers. Then figuring out which is the best fit for your kids future.

Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.

Terrible for this class and will impact fall lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #309950 09/17/20 07:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309960 09/17/20 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again

21’s out there really suffer. Many 22’s have larger window

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310005 09/17/20 02:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pull or no pull top 3 or 4 players go wherever they want number 1 guy minus ivy goes wherever he wants. Don’t need “pull” when your the best player Like it or not

Congratulations to the kid and his parents. Those on here with the disparaging remarks should be embarrassed. Good for the kid, he is an excellent player and he was able to choose the school that he felt was best for him. Syracuse is an excellent school with a great lacrosse program.

Congratulations and good luck.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310019 09/17/20 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid on 91 who committed to Hopkins is a better accomplishment. He'll have a great future. Very difficult academic school with terrific reputation globally.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #310024 09/17/20 04:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/quote]

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.[/quote]

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.[/quote]

Dead period extended til Jan 1 terrible for 21,22 recruits[/quote]

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again[/quote]

21’s out there really suffer. Many 22’s have larger window[/quote]

Wonder if next summer will be the same with the vaccine a year away

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard