BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26
Re: Boys 2027-6th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As I said, the makeup of that 25 is what matters, not that it tops out at 25. I preface this with this is one IDEAL of a roster. It will not always be this and this is my opinion based on years of building club rosters....

5 Attack (X, crease, lefty and righty, with some combo of those. At least 2 lefties and 2 righties + Crease or X guy)
2 Goalies - whether they split or starter/backup you will always need 2
7 offensive middies. 2 full solid lines, plus 1 fill in (especially true if one of those is also a FO guy high scoring games, he WILL need a break)
3-4 SSDMs (this is a spot for lesser skilled O mids, but still good athletes. Also Ideal for FO Unit work - guys that can get your a GB and get it to your O - If you want to reduce roster size, this is a place to do it, but it will gas your mids if you are only running with 6-7 mids)
1-2 FO guys (flexibility here if you have a mid that also FO but solid, TRUE FOGOs rest your mids
2 LSMs
5 Defensemen

That's about 25, give or take depending on the makeup of talent and skills of your players.

You also have to assume some of the following:
- 10-15% of your roster will be unavailable for one reason or another either full tourney, game-to-game or even in-game. That's 3-4 not available at any given time so you are really at 21
- you are playing 3-5 games a day/weekend at 50 minutes a pop that is plenty of playing time for all.
- you should have 2 solid middie lines that basically split time.
- the attack or defenseman who aren't in should be ready to ball on man-up or man-down. The D especially. Always nice to have fresh legs to go on man down.
- this also gives you maximum matchup flexibility based on opponents/game outcomes.
- this allows at least one player at each position to be a "developmental" player. A guy who isn't quite there yet, but will be soon.
- One MAJOR thing left out: Practice: it is very hard to get everything done in practice when the roster is small to begin with and not everyone is there.

A roster of 25-27 is way too big. Many kids will not see the field ever or very limited. A team that big will have alot of backups.

Can see that and learned several have done same. Wasn't expecting such a jump but not surprised. Only a year commitment. Will see how year plays out.
Roster size by itself isn't indicative of the full picture. 25 is a good max though but it also depends on the makeup of the roster. You may have 27 kids on the sideline, but what is there participation? Are 3-4 guys there as practice/development players? Are they getting equal time? If every position is fully stacked and balanced than a team of 25 isn't too much and still leaves plenty of PT for everyone AND let's players rest over the course of a 4,5, 6+ game tournament.

Your math isn't very good. 25 on a team means about 10 minutes a game for middies at this age level. Or it means 15 minutes for the good middies and about 1 shift a half or less for the end of the bench. Same goes for attack and D. About 10 minutes of real play time for each player for kid or 20 minutes for the top 3 and about 5 minutes for the last 3. I hardly call that enough PT for everyone at these prices.

my kid plays on an express team w 25+ kids. Yes, it's a calamity at the tournaments. But, you don't pay 3-4K for tournaments only. The training and practices really helped him develop. Would i love to see him play all game every game? Yes, but i had that already when he played on a crappy team. To me, the bigger more important question is - how does he continue to improve? And he's doing so, so there is no complaint (yet).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your math isn't very good. 25 on a team means about 10 minutes a game for middies at this age level. Or it means 15 minutes for the good middies and about 1 shift a half or less for the end of the bench. Same goes for attack and D. About 10 minutes of real play time for each player for kid or 20 minutes for the top 3 and about 5 minutes for the last 3. I hardly call that enough PT for everyone at these prices.[/quote][/quote]

my kid plays on an express team w 25+ kids. Yes, it's a calamity at the tournaments. But, you don't pay 3-4K for tournaments only. The training and practices really helped him develop. Would i love to see him play all game every game? Yes, but i had that already when he played on a crappy team. To me, the bigger more important question is - how does he continue to improve? And he's doing so, so there is no complaint (yet).[/quote]

That could be alright, but how many times does your team practice a week in fall, spring and winter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With that many on the roster, you can scrimmage like crazy. Kids could really develop if they “played” a lot during practices. Let them run until their tongue falls out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Island Surge?, looks like they stole their logo from a Girls Softball Team, man talk about a lack of brand awareness.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I said, the makeup of that 25 is what matters, not that it tops out at 25. I preface this with this is one IDEAL of a roster. It will not always be this and this is my opinion based on years of building club rosters....

5 Attack (X, crease, lefty and righty, with some combo of those. At least 2 lefties and 2 righties + Crease or X guy)
2 Goalies - whether they split or starter/backup you will always need 2
7 offensive middies. 2 full solid lines, plus 1 fill in (especially true if one of those is also a FO guy high scoring games, he WILL need a break)
3-4 SSDMs (this is a spot for lesser skilled O mids, but still good athletes. Also Ideal for FO Unit work - guys that can get your a GB and get it to your O - If you want to reduce roster size, this is a place to do it, but it will gas your mids if you are only running with 6-7 mids)
1-2 FO guys (flexibility here if you have a mid that also FO but solid, TRUE FOGOs rest your mids
2 LSMs
5 Defensemen

That's about 25, give or take depending on the makeup of talent and skills of your players.

You also have to assume some of the following:
- 10-15% of your roster will be unavailable for one reason or another either full tourney, game-to-game or even in-game. That's 3-4 not available at any given time so you are really at 21
- you are playing 3-5 games a day/weekend at 50 minutes a pop that is plenty of playing time for all.
- you should have 2 solid middie lines that basically split time.
- the attack or defenseman who aren't in should be ready to ball on man-up or man-down. The D especially. Always nice to have fresh legs to go on man down.
- this also gives you maximum matchup flexibility based on opponents/game outcomes.
- this allows at least one player at each position to be a "developmental" player. A guy who isn't quite there yet, but will be soon.
- One MAJOR thing left out: Practice: it is very hard to get everything done in practice when the roster is small to begin with and not everyone is there.

A roster of 25-27 is way too big. Many kids will not see the field ever or very limited. A team that big will have alot of backups.

Can see that and learned several have done same. Wasn't expecting such a jump but not surprised. Only a year commitment. Will see how year plays out.
Roster size by itself isn't indicative of the full picture. 25 is a good max though but it also depends on the makeup of the roster. You may have 27 kids on the sideline, but what is there participation? Are 3-4 guys there as practice/development players? Are they getting equal time? If every position is fully stacked and balanced than a team of 25 isn't too much and still leaves plenty of PT for everyone AND let's players rest over the course of a 4,5, 6+ game tournament.

Your math isn't very good. 25 on a team means about 10 minutes a game for middies at this age level. Or it means 15 minutes for the good middies and about 1 shift a half or less for the end of the bench. Same goes for attack and D. About 10 minutes of real play time for each player for kid or 20 minutes for the top 3 and about 5 minutes for the last 3. I hardly call that enough PT for everyone at these prices.

my kid plays on an express team w 25+ kids. Yes, it's a calamity at the tournaments. But, you don't pay 3-4K for tournaments only. The training and practices really helped him develop. Would i love to see him play all game every game? Yes, but i had that already when he played on a crappy team. To me, the bigger more important question is - how does he continue to improve? And he's doing so, so there is no complaint (yet).

THIS is what is often lost in this, particularly at the youth level. You aren't paying to go to tournaments - YES that is a part of the entire cost, but it is about becoming a better PLAYER. If your son or daughter is better in July than he or she was in September, it was money well spent. Even if you lost every game. So many - especially the keyboard warriors on these type of forums - only focus on the best team and how many wins a team has. While that is a measurement, it isn't the only metric.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the general tKe on 2Way? Are they still considered second tier? B level team? Or are they able to compete with PT and Eclipse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the general tKe on 2Way? Are they still considered second tier? B level team? Or are they able to compete with PT and Eclipse?
I wouldn't say B team, they are better than that, but they aren't yet hanging with PT or Eclipse either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard 91 machine lost some significant talent. Can anyone confirm how many and to where? And did Machine pick up new kids from tryouts, or did they pull from the Rage team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is correct . Rage and machine both lost kids ....and the kids that left machine left willingly . 3 kids left machine I believe and 7 or so eft rage . Most of the rage kids went to express along with one machine kid . Some rage kids went to shore 2 shore too.

Apparently people got fed up with daddy ball and massapequa ball . Weren't too fond of some coaching decisions either . Had enough .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently BS made a lot of phone calls practically begging all of the kids who left to come back .....dads had enough of hearing the same excuses year after year so they decided to go . Good for them . They finally wised up to all of the propoganda being put out at 91. Rage is now a depleted B team .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did all those kids leave ?Just curious cause I always heard they were both really good teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read thread it was all explained

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did all those kids leave ?Just curious cause I always heard they were both really good teams

91 has become an insane daddy ball club. I think machine has 6 daddy coaches. That’s 6 kids who need to be taken care of. Even if they don’t deserve it. The 2026 team has 5 dad coaches. 2028 team 5 dad coaches. 2029 team 8 dad coaches. Your kid could easily get screwed on one of these teams because of so many dad coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to love paying $3K plus to have a daddy coached team. It stinks... you can't get your kid on the field because daddy coach's kid is the next Paul Rabil, you can't talk smack on the sideline because daddy coach's wife is sitting there, and head coach probably grew up / played with / went to AA with the daddy coach... so you've basically got no leverage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happens all the time and will continue to happen . Daddy ball/massapequa ball/big brother is a stud ball .....91 is a joke and eventually the kids and parents wake up and smell.the coffee. This year it was machine and rage with people waking up .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
never posted before; likely never will again…. my son didn't leave 91 because of limited playing time, poor direction, parental coaching conflicts. he left because at just 11 he is uber-curious about a lot of things, including other lacrosse clubs, potential success at other positions, etc. his time with the club was positive, largely a result of the love he felt from the coaches over the years-he had great coaches. he adored his teammates & he recognized the quality of instruction he was receiving. 27’s larger than life leader is excellent with the boys and he makes them feel special-a gift many adults sadly lack these days. recent back alley chatter about families colluding to leave 91 en masse is complete nonsense. some of us have other children in the club, which demonstrates our affinity for it. here’s to the continued success of the program, to every other club's success, to the players-together and individually, and to the coaches who sacrifice so much to make our children’s experiences positive. you can’t put a price tag on what these coaches do, regardless of which club they play for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happens all the time and will continue to happen . Daddy ball/massapequa ball/big brother is a stud ball .....91 is a joke and eventually the kids and parents wake up and smell.the coffee. This year it was machine and rage with people waking up .

The biggest difference is 91 spends more time and effort telling you they're the best club than actually being the best club. I took my kids out of there a few years ago and have them at two different clubs. The difference is astounding. My only regret is I didn't stop drinking the CoolAid sooner. It's nice to be a valued customer again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken like a rationale parent . Good to hear . What is unfortunate though is that you have to come on here to explain yourself to a board full of parents about your decision. You shouldn't need to explain or justify your decision to anyone but yourself and your kid ,no need to explain yourself to the coaches who thought you were colluding . You did what you thought was best for you kid , end of story . Don't let 91 get in your head and make you feel like you need to be all apologetic just in case you want to go back .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The biggest difference is 91 spends more time and effort telling you they're the best club than actually being the best club. I took my kids out of there a few years ago and have them at two different clubs. The difference is astounding. My only regret is I didn't stop drinking the CoolAid sooner. It's nice to be a valued customer again.

I am very interested to hear what club your son plays for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 91 machine team looked pretty legit. They smoke my sons 2026 team. Do they not play everyone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son must be on a 2026 B team because that same machine team played 2026 A teams and they got smoked themselves. They usually play in 2026 B brackets. But yes , they are legit and are the best team on long island and one of the top 3 in the country for 2027

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your son must be on a 2026 B team because that same machine team played 2026 A teams and they got smoked themselves. They usually play in 2026 B brackets. But yes , they are legit and are the best team on long island and one of the top 3 in the country for 2027
That's going to be a tough take to backup after the falls seeing as out most of the top players on both Rage and Machine left for other clubs after the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's going to be a tough take to backup after the falls seeing as out most of the top players on both Rage and Machine left for other clubs after the summer.

"most of the top players" even you know that isn't true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The new kids on 91 came from which clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, that is nonsense. Machine will still be the top 2027 team and Rage will remain competitive with any LI "a" team. Lots of eager and skilled kids happy to fill the void for the kids that left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many 91 Machine players left?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah ok rage dad , rage lost their top players and replaced them with B team players so relax. Happy days are over for rage, it is now a depleted B team . No more walking around saying that 91 has 2 A teams .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe machine lost 3-4players from what I heard, the person on here saying they were "top players " is wrong ....they were not starters . But what made it interesting is that they chose to leave willingly .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny , i heard the same thing . Rage replaced their top players that left with kids from some bad teams . Teams like the rebels and true blue . You can't have it both ways , blow those bad teams out because they're horrible then say that you got good players to fill in from those teams . Rage is now a B team . They will win B brackets but that's about it .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't play lacrosse growing up but I did play hoops (still do). I remember "making" the equivalent of the C team for the program my parents signed me up for when I was in 6th grade. By 11th grade I was a varsity starter and captain of a team that lost in the state finals. Just saying...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you ever ask yourself why 91 is talked about consistently??? Do yourself a favor and ask your coach to play 91 Machine. The outcome of that game should get you to stop talking, but probably not!

Let your son play and enjoy his experience and stop talking about a club that your kid doesn’t even play for...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry boss. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings . Last time I checked this was a forum where people ask questions or opinions and other people answer . Peace and love brother. And to everyone else please please don't talk about machine , they are very sensitive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a goalie and an attack.. teams still stacked with talent... this page is a joke. get outside and get some fresh air....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't play lacrosse growing up but I did play hoops (still do). I remember "making" the equivalent of the C team for the program my parents signed me up for when I was in 6th grade. By 11th grade I was a varsity starter and captain of a team that lost in the state finals. Just saying...

Amen. Great perspective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good tournament this weekend in jersey . Anybody know why 2027 91 machine isn't playing up into 2026 bracket? Also noticed that their 2026 team isn't going as well as their 2025's. Strange for a tournament that they are running .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good tournament this weekend in jersey . Anybody know why 2027 91 machine isn't playing up into 2026 bracket? Also noticed that their 2026 team isn't going as well as their 2025's. Strange for a tournament that they are running .
sorry your kid got cut. 91 will always drop your kid for a better player. It's just business.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are you even talking about . I am asking a question. Does machine not play up anymore ? Saw them in the 2027 bracket . Nice deflection though,I expect nothing less from a 91 trash parent .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahahaha, what happened to " we play up ". Guess the machine needs a repair ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great non answer . Just a question. Didn't mean to strike a nerve . Guess the machine is broken . Why so sensitive ?

Page 5 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard