Re: Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #309644 09/13/20 07:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know this as a fact? Why are you threatening his employer & school district? Confused...wouldn’t this be an issue w/ the actual club?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #309645 09/13/20 08:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop the drama. Team found out at 6pm on Saturday and shut down immediately.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309655 09/13/20 02:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m confused what was hidden ? The coach was told a player was positive Saturday evening and by Saturday night people were told. What is the problem? How would you have handled it and why in the world would you call anyone’s employer. What does it have to do with his job? I brlieve he is a school teacher which means he’s not even in school so I’m having a really hard time seeing what a club lax team had to do with his employment. Seriously.... please explain how the two are even related. If you’re this upset pull your kid out of M&D or whatever club it is you play for

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #309656 09/13/20 03:13 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone’s crazy mommy wrote that if she was really concerned wouldn’t have let her kid or family out at games at any time. People are doing trainings and playing games every weekend. It’s gonna happen so don’t be shocked. 99% will not even know they have it.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309661 09/13/20 07:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I’m confused what was hidden ? The coach was told a player was positive Saturday evening and by Saturday night people were told. What is the problem? How would you have handled it and why in the world would you call anyone’s employer. What does it have to do with his job? I brlieve he is a school teacher which means he’s not even in school so I’m having a really hard time seeing what a club lax team had to do with his employment. Seriously.... please explain how the two are even related. If you’re this upset pull your kid out of M&D or whatever club it is you play for
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #309681 09/14/20 09:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was the team pulled from the weekend after finding out Saturday night? Did the child play this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309688 09/14/20 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What legal recourse is there against a coach who hid information about a covid positive player? Those of you in the md area and last weeks tournament should be aware of it. I’m contacting his employer and school district
What the heck is wrong with you!? Please pull your kid out of lax and go live in a bubble far far away. Contacting an employer, you are a nut job.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #309831 09/16/20 06:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately a positive Covid test has the implication that that person has done something wrong. Until that attitude changes contact tracing and notifications will continue to be ineffective. We need to support each other and not make accusations. Everyone in contact eg refs players parents and facilities deserves to be notified quickly.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309939 09/16/20 09:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Says team was notified at 6 and games were then cancelled.

I agree with last post as well. Someone on your own team is gonna get it. Hope you all do the right thing and let all know immediately.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #309951 09/17/20 08:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I completely agree the coaches employer should not be contacted (and surely no legal recourse?!) but just curious why the player was at the tourney on Saturday

1) if they were tested before the tournament and were waiting for the results, they should have been quarantined

2) if the player had symptoms and got a rapid test after the games, they still shouldn’t have been at the tourney

Are there details I’m missing? By all means, no one should be shamed or scared to announce they tested positive for COVID, it’s not the first or last time this will happen but we need to be sure we’re being responsible so more incidents like this don’t get attention and shut down tourneys due to safety concerns

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #309973 09/17/20 10:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of details missing. First, there was no tournament this past weekend. There was only a game. The team played in a tourney the previous weekend and by all accounts, the girl did not have covid at that time. Her family became aware of her having it on this past Saturday, immediately notified the coach and the coach immediately canceled all activities and notified all families on the team. Many other girls were then tested and all are negative. It was handled as well as it possibly could have been handled. If you hear otherwise, it is lies.

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard