BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Re: Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LI open this weekend is interesting. Basically the top 8 teams on LI.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spallina to Cuse! Deuces!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

What? Couldn't get into the Ivy's, Duke, Virginia, etc?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After listening read what his daddy wrote, I guess we know why he didn't look at the Ivy's. Obviously not a fan of the family, but you have to admit that was a little embarrasing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After listening read what his daddy wrote, I guess we know why he didn't look at the Ivy's. Obviously not a fan of the family, but you have to admit that was a little embarrasing.

I am willing to bet you didn't go to an ivy either! You say you don't like the family and that is your business YET you watched his announcement and came on an anonymous forum to trash him, sounds like you're the one who should be embarrassed!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
oh stop. you are embarrassing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am willing to bet you didn't go to an ivy either! You say you don't like the family and that is your business YET you watched his announcement and came on an anonymous forum to trash him, sounds like you're the one who should be embarrassed!

exactly .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed......very embarrassing for a bunch of guys who walk around like they are gods of the lacrosse world . But.....I guess off of Long Island not so much fellas. Couldn’t get their own into a better school than Syracuse and he’s the top recruit. Yup I would say embarrassing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed......very embarrassing for a bunch of guys who walk around like they are gods of the lacrosse world . But.....I guess off of Long Island not so much fellas. Couldn’t get their own into a better school than Syracuse and he’s the top recruit. Yup I would say embarrassing

While I will agree that Syracuse may not be "ivy" the fact that individuals on this forum disparage a 16 year old kid for going to a traditional lacrosse powerhouse that was this boys dream school is appalling. Are parents that depraved that they mock the choices of 16 year old boys. Syracuse is an excellent school even if its not Ivy. I guess this poster only thinks 8 schools are worth going to. Give me a break.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Should have hit the books instead of hitting the wall.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uuummmm, since when is Syracuse not a great school? I must have missed that memo???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh wow really , that's where he's going ? Syracuse for the top recruit in the country ? Not impressive at all

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is disparaging a 16 year old kid .....it’s the family that is full of themselves that is being disparaged . And Syracuse is NOT even close to the top tier schools academically ( duke, Hopkins, Cornell, uva, etc.....) so get a clue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody is disparaging a 16 year old kid .....it’s the family that is full of themselves that is being disparaged . And Syracuse is NOT even close to the top tier schools academically ( duke, Hopkins, Cornell, uva, etc.....) so get a clue.

Nobody's disparaging a 16 year old kid, b/c he's actually 17! LOL

Syracuse is a fine school, you can do anything you want if you graduate from there but it's not in the same academic league as many other non-Ivy lax powerhouses. The Spallina's annoy people b/c of the constant self promotion, the fake tans and smiles. The real test of how strong the family and the 91 brand is will be with the 2023 twins, one of whom was among the best when they were younger but maybe not so much anymore and the other... well, to put it nicely, he gets a lot more looks than he probably would if not for his last name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He also had offers from UVA, UMD, Loyola, UNC (all great schools for both academics and athletics) plus many more! He chose Syracuse ... I REPEAT he chose Syracuse!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe anything that the articles say when it comes to the spallinas, sorry but you don't choose syracuse over those other schools if those " offers " were even there . But hey I guess if an article says it ,it just be true lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing wrong with Syracuse. It is a fine school with a large connected alumni base and I am sure a great lacrosse alumni base. In all likelihood, the kid is not a student and has no interest in the academic rigors of an ivy. He probably plans on playing off of the family name and connections and making lacrosse his livelihood. Also, he is an eastern LI kid who is probably too country and blue collar to fit in at an ivy-type school - its not like he is a rich Manhasset or Bronxville kid. He seems more country-bumpkin dense jock then woke hipster nerd or rich vineyard vines trust funder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand what you're saying ....and good for him if he lives the school. However , to say he got multiple offers including UVA, Maryland , UNC and going to o syracuse is like saying " I got an offer from Patriots but I'll choose to go with the Jets .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is kinda sad. Why so negative?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh wow really , that's where he's going ? Syracuse for the top recruit in the country ? Not impressive at all

They were number 1 when season ended

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He also had offers from UVA, UMD, Loyola, UNC (all great schools for both academics and athletics) plus many more! He chose Syracuse ... I REPEAT he chose Syracuse!!!

Hey guys, this man has repeated something and put it in all caps! It has to be true. Thanks man for sorting it out for those of us in the back of the room.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone on this thread stating that he should be embarrassed by attending Syracuse knows nothing about lacrosse. Plain and simple.

You may not like his father. Fine. But to come on a public forum and bash a kid who has worked his tail off since he was a young boy to achieve his dream is just flat out disgusting. You’re pretty sad. Your life must be miserable.

I’m not a Syracuse fan, but now I hope ‘Cuse wins it all and that #22 leads the way.

Go JS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a quick question. Just saw the 91 kid commuted today Norte Dame. I see he is from a town outside Albany. Do these kids commute 3 hours for practice 2x a week? Or do they just get to show up on game days ?

Why do you care?

They all stack their teams if you look half the Smash and CoachC rosters are packed with out of state kids. Anything to win ! bunch of aholes!

Easier to recruit talent than to coach good athletes into becoming great athletes. Isn't it their job to do that? Lazy....

No not their job. Their job is to manage the best kids they can and market them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether you love the kid or for some reason detest him he is the Number 1 ranked player in the class it has been well documented the amount of offers which makes sense because he is the top ranked player. Syracuse was number 1 ranked team in the country when season ended so lets see the Top ranked #1 recruit went to the #1 ranked team in the country wow yet on this board its picking the JETS instead of the pats lolol weird.
people crack me up my son competes against this kid so I have no allegiance but this is crazy house. Lets talk about real stuff like dead period being extended and the rest of. our kids being screwed from prospect days

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This conversation is kinda sad. Why so negative?

I agree. The kid is a super great kid. If you detest the Spallinas (adults) and 91 fine. But stop bashing the kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is the best player in the country, obviously he could have gone to any school in the nation. Are you guys really trying to suggest any school including the Ivies have academic standards for the #1 player? Clearly you don’t know a lot of players at those schools and/or have not been through the recruiting process with a top player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

Who Cares....Its all about getting seen and getting an offers. Then figuring out which is the best fit for your kids future.

Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.

Yeah right, your son got recruited from the bench

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.

Dead period extended til Jan 1 terrible for 21,22 recruits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps the spallinas just don't hold the sway that everyone on long island thinks they do .....yeah ok he could have gotten Into any school he wanted to and chose syracuse ....yup got it ,thanks for explaining

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is the best player in the country, obviously he could have gone to any school in the nation. Are you guys really trying to suggest any school including the Ivies have academic standards for the #1 player? Clearly you don’t know a lot of players at those schools and/or have not been through the recruiting process with a top player.

Pull or no pull top 3 or 4 players go wherever they want number 1 guy minus ivy goes wherever he wants. Don’t need “pull” when your the best player Like it or not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

Who Cares....Its all about getting seen and getting an offers. Then figuring out which is the best fit for your kids future.

Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.

Terrible for this class and will impact fall lacrosse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again

21’s out there really suffer. Many 22’s have larger window

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pull or no pull top 3 or 4 players go wherever they want number 1 guy minus ivy goes wherever he wants. Don’t need “pull” when your the best player Like it or not

Congratulations to the kid and his parents. Those on here with the disparaging remarks should be embarrassed. Good for the kid, he is an excellent player and he was able to choose the school that he felt was best for him. Syracuse is an excellent school with a great lacrosse program.

Congratulations and good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid on 91 who committed to Hopkins is a better accomplishment. He'll have a great future. Very difficult academic school with terrific reputation globally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/quote]

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.[/quote]

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.[/quote]

Dead period extended til Jan 1 terrible for 21,22 recruits[/quote]

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again[/quote]

21’s out there really suffer. Many 22’s have larger window[/quote]

Wonder if next summer will be the same with the vaccine a year away

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kid on 91 who committed to Hopkins is a better accomplishment. He'll have a great future. Very difficult academic school with terrific reputation globally.

What an ignorant statement. You have no idea of what type of future any of these kids will have. Most of the Perennial Top 20 lacrosse programs are all excellent schools and if the players work hard and stay out of trouble they can all have great futures. I only mention the (Top 20) because the discussion was focused on Top Tier recruits and the majority of the top recruits choose to go to the Top 20 caliber programs.

Green is a tough color to wear.

Be happy for all of the kids who are able to find right fit. Your kids mental health and happiness are extremely important. Princeton was just ranked the #1 university for the 10th straight year... over the years I have seen players transfer out of Princeton while other players seem to love it there. To each his own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What an ignorant statement. You have no idea of what type of future any of these kids will have. Most of the Perennial Top 20 lacrosse programs are all excellent schools and if the players work hard and stay out of trouble they can all have great futures. I only mention the (Top 20) because the discussion was focused on Top Tier recruits and the majority of the top recruits choose to go to the Top 20 caliber programs.

Green is a tough color to wear.

Be happy for all of the kids who are able to find right fit. Your kids mental health and happiness are extremely important. Princeton was just ranked the #1 university for the 10th straight year... over the years I have seen players transfer out of Princeton while other players seem to love it there. To each his own.

#1 recruit in country goes to the #1 ranked team in the country Makes sense to me This board does crack me up all these psycho parents because the kids actually all get along All tht said just concerned with getting my son some looks with the dead period as obviously you are too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/

Dead period extended til Jan 1 terrible for 21,22 recruits[/quote]

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again[/quote]

Wonder if next summer will be the same with the vaccine a year away[/quote]

Ridiculous

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/

Wonder if next summer will be the same with the vaccine a year away[/quote]

Ridiculous[/quote]

Many schools said they are waiting to be able to watch in person. Now with this how does it change fall lacrosse ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone care to post results from today’s 2022 tournament?

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard