Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/23/20 09:54 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/23/20 09:51 PM
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/23/20 09:47 PM
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/23/20 08:59 PM
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 09/23/20 08:46 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,090
Posts272,655
Members2,208
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 364 of 366 1 2 362 363 364 365 366
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309151 09/04/20 09:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express is a well run team and organization. That being said they DO NOT give any thought to their 2nd teams period! I am proof of that, I wasted money being on the 2nd team and my kid got zero out of it! Half the kids can't throw and catch it actually pathetic that they tell you that you will be on a competitive team when its actually hard to watch week in and week out!


Not the same for all teams / grades

Maybe but as the years go on, the 2nd teams on Express get worse. Basically due to the total lack of attention by Express directors, followed by frustrated parents and players and finally implosion.

The issue is that kids that should be on the B team, are usually lower tier type players on clubs and they opt for an A team like S2S, True Blue or The Turtles vs the B team at an Express or 91. This was not the case 4 or 5 years ago, but with so many clubs, there is “A” team for everyone. It’s why we have the AA naming convention. In theory B teams at Express and 91 and few other big clubs should be fringe A teams, but parents gravitate towards A teams because sometimes B teams can be after thoughts. But there are several B teams that great all around. Point is, do your research and check things out and don’t run blindly towards the light.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
BoardLord #309282 09/07/20 09:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will Express start the season? Are they practicing already?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309289 09/07/20 10:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express is a well run team and organization. That being said they DO NOT give any thought to their 2nd teams period! I am proof of that, I wasted money being on the 2nd team and my kid got zero out of it! Half the kids can't throw and catch it actually pathetic that they tell you that you will be on a competitive team when its actually hard to watch week in and week out!


Not the same for all teams / grades

Maybe but as the years go on, the 2nd teams on Express get worse. Basically due to the total lack of attention by Express directors, followed by frustrated parents and players and finally implosion.

The issue is that kids that should be on the B team, are usually lower tier type players on clubs and they opt for an A team like S2S, True Blue or The Turtles vs the B team at an Express or 91. This was not the case 4 or 5 years ago, but with so many clubs, there is “A” team for everyone. It’s why we have the AA naming convention. In theory B teams at Express and 91 and few other big clubs should be fringe A teams, but parents gravitate towards A teams because sometimes B teams can be after thoughts. But there are several B teams that great all around. Point is, do your research and check things out and don’t run blindly towards the light.
True Blue & the Turtles are A teams ?????

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309291 09/07/20 11:12 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Express is a well run team and organization. That being said they DO NOT give any thought to their 2nd teams period! I am proof of that, I wasted money being on the 2nd team and my kid got zero out of it! Half the kids can't throw and catch it actually pathetic that they tell you that you will be on a competitive team when its actually hard to watch week in and week out!


Not the same for all teams / grades

Maybe but as the years go on, the 2nd teams on Express get worse. Basically due to the total lack of attention by Express directors, followed by frustrated parents and players and finally implosion.

The issue is that kids that should be on the B team, are usually lower tier type players on clubs and they opt for an A team like S2S, True Blue or The Turtles vs the B team at an Express or 91. This was not the case 4 or 5 years ago, but with so many clubs, there is “A” team for everyone. It’s why we have the AA naming convention. In theory B teams at Express and 91 and few other big clubs should be fringe A teams, but parents gravitate towards A teams because sometimes B teams can be after thoughts. But there are several B teams that great all around. Point is, do your research and check things out and don’t run blindly towards the light.

The bottom 10 kids on Express AA can not make a top lacrosse team. The best teams have a great core of around 8 kids. After that the next 4-5 are D1 Level. After player 12 those kids on AA teams struggle to find a D1 spot. Only the best of the best teams have multiplayer D1 commits after the 12 best.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309336 09/08/20 10:15 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When will Express start the season? Are they practicing already?

This week

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309343 09/08/20 11:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When will Express start the season? Are they practicing already?

This week
Some teams started last week.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309477 09/10/20 07:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When will Express start the season? Are they practicing already?

This week
Some teams started last week.

You gotta give the guy credit he gets right back at it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
BoardLord #309765 09/15/20 09:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does everyone think of the 2026 practice? That's quite a pool of kids to pick from.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309767 09/15/20 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does everyone think of the 2026 practice? That's quite a pool of kids to pick from.

It's 3 teams practicing together right? Around 55 kids from what i'm told.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309768 09/15/20 10:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does everyone think of the 2026 practice? That's quite a pool of kids to pick from.

Hoping they divide the kids into 3 teams sooner vs later.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309776 09/15/20 11:51 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What does everyone think of the 2026 practice? That's quite a pool of kids to pick from.

It's 3 teams practicing together right? Around 55 kids from what i'm told.

it's over 60

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
BoardLord #309779 09/15/20 12:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed .....by now they should be able to see who belongs on each team . Let these kids practice with who they will be playing with so they can get the chemistry going . Will only make them stronger as a team if they practice as a team .

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309788 09/15/20 01:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed .....by now they should be able to see who belongs on each team . Let these kids practice with who they will be playing with so they can get the chemistry going . Will only make them stronger as a team if they practice as a team .

100% agree

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309811 09/15/20 04:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed .....by now they should be able to see who belongs on each team . Let these kids practice with who they will be playing with so they can get the chemistry going . Will only make them stronger as a team if they practice as a team .

100% agree

Do you think we will lose again this year to the Hawks, LXC, Tigers, BBL, FCA? Do we have a chance against Sweetlax, Eclipse, Edge, Tommy Knockers, Cannons when we play them?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Anonymous #309815 09/15/20 06:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At NAL this summer the organizers “hid” LIE from the elite teams by placing them in a division where they avoided Tigers, Sweet Lax, Hawks, Primetime and Towermen. Despite this effort to pad the way, LIE lost to MD based FCA in their last game. Sure you have a chance but the odds are not in your favor.

Like Reply Quote
Page 364 of 366 1 2 362 363 364 365 366
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4